PDA

View Full Version : where to leave/distribute slimjims

cien750hp
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
i have a couple hundred slim jims i want to distribute, and im a highschool kids so i don't really think i'd be effective at handing out and convincing people im legit, so where should i leave them to make the most impact? thanks!

krott5333
11-14-2007, 06:30 PM
dont leave them.. give them to people as you talk to them.

I think going door to door would be the best idea. Taking yourself down a peg often builds credibility.

Say "I know you might think I'm young and clueless, but I've never been excited about politics until I came across Ron Paul. He really has some great ideas, and a voting record to back it up! People are crossing parties to vote for him, so I really hope you take a look."

i know it sounds tough, but once you get the hang of it, its easy. Also, it wouldnt hurt to mention that you spent your own money on the slim jims.

davidhperry
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
dont leave them.. give them to people as you talk to them.

I think going door to door would be the best idea. Taking yourself down a peg often builds credibility.

Say "I know you might think I'm young and clueless, but I've never been excited about politics until I came across Ron Paul. He really has some great ideas, and a voting record to back it up! People are crossing parties to vote for him, so I really hope you take a look."

i know it sounds tough, but once you get the hang of it, its easy. Also, it wouldnt hurt to mention that you spent your own money on the slim jims.

Yes, please go door to door! Talking tp people is the most effective way to pass these out.

krott5333
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
but I leave them places as well..

bathrooms.. on the urinals standing upright, on the sinks..

AFTFNJ
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
i have a couple hundred slim jims i want to distribute, and im a highschool kids so i don't really think i'd be effective at handing out and convincing people im legit, so where should i leave them to make the most impact? thanks!

Park N Ride bus stops.

rancher89
11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
on gas pumps, makes a statement when you see the $$$$ adding up!

icon57
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
post them on community bulletin boards in your neighborhood, leave them in the office break room, or next to the reading material in the waiting room at the doctors office or hairsalon, ect

madcat033
11-14-2007, 07:43 PM

No way! You DEFINITELY need to hand them out. People will think you are more legit because you are in high school. Trust me!

Actually I have a funny story that is somewhat relevant. A few months ago I went canvassing door to door and I got paired with this old guy. We went to this lady's house and were telling her about RP when she asks if we are related. I tell her that we're not and she's like "ohh, I wasn't sure if he was your dad and he was dragging you along with him"

Then, she asks me how old I am and I tell her I am 21. She talks about how impressed she is that someone as young as I am is getting involved in politics. And then, even without barely knowing anything about Ron Paul, she says that he has her vote just because of how impressed she is about me being so young and being politically active. REALLY weird.

But anyways, people will trust you MORE. I swear. Go talk to people!

American
11-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Dress nice, but not to nice they might think you are a Mormon and supporting Romney.

ladyliberty
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
No way! You DEFINITELY need to hand them out. People will think you are more legit because you are in high school. Trust me!

Actually I have a funny story that is somewhat relevant. A few months ago I went canvassing door to door and I got paired with this old guy. We went to this lady's house and were telling her about RP when she asks if we are related. I tell her that we're not and she's like "ohh, I wasn't sure if he was your dad and he was dragging you along with him"

Then, she asks me how old I am and I tell her I am 21. She talks about how impressed she is that someone as young as I am is getting involved in politics. And then, even without barely knowing anything about Ron Paul, she says that he has her vote just because of how impressed she is about me being so young and being politically active. REALLY weird.

But anyways, people will trust you MORE. I swear. Go talk to people!

I had someone ask me if Ron Paul was my husband? He could not imagine me working that hard for someone that I am not related to! (It's a good thing MRS. PAUL is not the jealous type! :D )

RobS
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Agreed about being young actually being a good thing. People who are even half way receptive will be even more receptive to a young person who cares. They don't believe a HS or college aged student is willing to take time off of playing video games or w/e that they would go out to support a candidate. Go for it man, talk to people and drop lit in any good spot you see!

James R
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Try handing them out at a local college. I think they will listen to you. If that works well try other places.

Alternatively off the top of my head I would try,
1. Gun shops, if the owners agree.
2. Health food business owners, if they agree.
3. Medical marijuana shops, if you are near any and they agree.

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I usually just talk bring it up with everyone I talk to these techniques have worked:

- Don't arbitrarily run through the list of issues, ask them what they care about and go from there
- Be light hearted about image of us, they'll be more understanding if we have sense of humor about it
- Give them the right slim jim, they really arn't a one size fits all kind thing, I've seen different results with different slim jims, know your market
-ask them if they have questions on the other candidates, it makes the whole experience feel genuine for some reason, and give you the opportunity to compare

- if you read the book you have all the firepower in the world to fight any couterargument

cien750hp
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
thanks for all the great suggestions guys! ill be sure to start leaving these around and talking to people. who says kids don't know anything

dsentell
11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
thanks for all the great suggestions guys! ill be sure to start leaving these around and talking to people. who says kids don't know anything

You obviously know a lot!!! Otherwise you would not be here . . . :) :D :) :D

thomaseusin
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
stick them in between restaurant menus.. starbucks coffee table.. teacher's offices..

don't know how legit it is to stick them in between magazines in a bookstore magazine rack?

freeslacker
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Dress nice, but not to nice they might think you are a Mormon and supporting Romney.

lol

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
stick them in between restaurant menus.. starbucks coffee table.. teacher's offices..

don't know how legit it is to stick them in between magazines in a bookstore magazine rack?

lol, I've done those, but teachers are a good one, any type of opinion leader should be hit hard

JohnCrabtree
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
If no one is home when you go door to door, leave one in the paper box, NOT the mailbox. (Federal laws and such)

tnvoter
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
gas pump is an ok spot for 1 :)