PDA

View Full Version : The "2000+ Likes" EPIC Commercial Challenge To Ron Paul Supporters

_DoMiNo_
04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Richter Studios is offering to make an "epic" 2 minute long professional advertisement/promo for Ron Paul, for free, if this video gets 2,000 likes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_cirwy2_o-c

Watch and and then "like" it please!

tbone717
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I saw the reasoning for needing "likes" really doesn't make sense though. If you want to do a video you either get people to volunteer their services or you pay them. Unless "likes" are some new form of currency, I still don't see the purpose of needing likes to get a video produced.

TheGrinch
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I saw the reasoning for needing "likes" really doesn't make sense though. If you want to do a video you either get people to volunteer their services or you pay them. Unless "likes" are some new form of currency, I still don't see the purpose of needing likes to get a video produced.
From the comments for the video:

Just wanted to make sure there was interest for something like this. This isn't about me, it's about the Liberty movement. You are also forgetting the fact that I have to pay the salaries of those who would make my vision for this to come to life......and it's very likely they're not all Ron Paul fans, so it's a sensitive issue. Just wanted to gauge the interest first, that's all. Have a nice holiday weekend.
Not sure why the need to question it either, if he's not asking for a dime, just a show of support for him to do it so it's not a total waste of time.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
From the comments for the video:

Not sure why the need to question it either, if he's not asking for a dime, just a show of support for him to do it so it's not a total waste of time.

Generational I guess.

TheGrinch
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Generational I guess.
Generational? Any smart person is going to gauge interest, whether that be by focus group, surveying, or now more easily tracked with likes, before they spend their hard earned money on something where the interest isn't there.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Generational? Any smart person is going to gauge interest, whether that be by focus group, surveying, or now more easily tracked with likes, before they spend their hard earned money on something where the interest isn't there.

Generational, in that I don't equate 2000 people clicking a "like" button as being real interest in something.

Believe me, I understand the power of the internet. I made a hell of a living in online marketing and sales for a dozen years. I just at this point have very little faith in youtube videos having much impact on the election.

The way I see it, if you want to donate some time, just do it.

PolicyReader
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
If it's on his own channel it helps promote that channel within youtube and at a certain threshold will allow a share of the revenue generated by youtubes ads there to be returned to him. If the interest (tracked via likes and subs) is high enough it's a duel win for him as it makes any video he creates more effective & has the possibility to bring in some resources to offset the costs of creating the video.

2c

tbone717
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
If it's on his own channel it helps promote that channel within youtube and at a certain threshold will allow a share of the revenue generated by youtubes ads there to be returned to him. If the interest (tracked via likes and subs) is high enough it's a duel win for him as it makes any video he creates more effective & has the possibility to bring in some resources to offset the costs of creating the video.

2c

Ahh thanks. Now that makes more sense to me. If he can generate revenue through the "likes" then sure it makes more sense.

twomp
04-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I "liked" it. There is a serious media black out going on now with the 2 biggest states up for grabs, and even some supporters are starting to believe the propoganda. We need everyone and every resource available. Please share this if you can. It's spring time and the smell of R3VOLUTION is in the air....

TheGrinch
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Generational, in that I don't equate 2000 people clicking a "like" button as being real interest in something.

Believe me, I understand the power of the internet. I made a hell of a living in online marketing and sales for a dozen years. I just at this point have very little faith in youtube videos having much impact on the election.

The way I see it, if you want to donate some time, just do it.
He's not asking anyone to donate time, money, anything... He's plannnig to fund the whole thing, if peopel will jsut support it. I don't see how this is hard to understand.

And who cares if you think it's effective or not, the guy is offering to pay his own money and do it for free, and is asking for nothing but a like from you, and you're poo-pooing his offer. Talk to him if you think he could be doing something mroe effective, but I don't understand why you're being so opposed to somethinmg liek this.

Anyways, I'm not going to derail this thread, and encourage everyone to give him a like to show that his offer is greatly appreciated, regardless of if you think it will be fruitful or not. It certainly cannot hurt.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 01:10 PM
He's not asking anyone to donate time, money, anything... He's plannnig to fund the whole thing, if peopel will jsut support it. I don't see how this is hard to understand.

And who cares if you think it's effective or not, the guy is offering to pay his own money and do it for free, and is asking for nothing but a like from you, and you're poo-pooing his offer. Talk to him if you think he could be doing something mroe effective, but I don't understand why you're being so opposed to somethinmg liek this.

Anyways, I'm not going to derail this thread, and encourage everyone to give him a like to show that his offer is greatly appreciated, regardless of if you think it will be fruitful or not. It certainly cannot hurt.

I wasn't opposed to it, just didn't understand the need for people to "like" it.

Policyreader explained it above. I was not aware people make money from their youtube videos.

TheGrinch
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I wasn't opposed to it, just didn't understand the need for people to "like" it.

Policyreader explained it above. I was not aware people make money from their youtube videos.
Fair enough, but clearly money is not a factor here, as he almost certainly will spend more on production than ad revenue back... IMO, it's far more to show that enough people "like" and support it to watch and share the video later.

Constitutional Paulicy
04-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, regardless, I posted his video on four mainstream RP Facebook accounts. Hopefully it sparks some interest.

PaulConventionWV
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Likes can drive more traffic to someone's Youtube account, hopefully helping them make money from the advertising based on the number of views their videos receive.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Likes can drive more traffic to someone's Youtube account, hopefully helping them make money from the advertising based on the number of views their videos receive.

Thanks. I need to look into it if there is some significant money to be made.

TruckinMike
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Free video and all I have to do is "Like" -- No brainer! Heck if the guy showed some talent of his maybe I would even send him some money. Free enterprise in action is always a good thing. Helping other people get what they want is the way to get what we want. Give him some "like".:D

TMike

Barrex
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
HOW COULD WE BE SO BLIND. Solution to fiat currency is not gold as money it is "youtube money":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idZOVqdcqno

P.s.

Is this suppose to be serious thread?

Todd
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Is this like that email thing where you send it to like 2000 people and you get a free meal or a bunny pops up on your screen and does a dance?

TruckinMike
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Is this like that email thing where you send it to like 2000 people and you get a free meal or a bunny pops up on your screen and does a dance?if you go to his channel you'll see that he is a Ron Paul supporter.

Why am I having to convince people to "like" someone on youtube thats an obvious RP supporter willing to make a video? I suppose it was his fault in the way he asked for likes. Yes, he needs us for financial gain -- so what? If we can help him build his company in exchange for a nice vid who cares? In every deal trust has to start somewhere -- I started with "liking" his vid. I've done my big part, now its on him.

TMike

PatriotOne
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
No brainer indeed. Viewed and liked. 10 days to get 2k likes? HA!!! Lets get it done TODAY RP supporter style. Spread it. Facebook it. Twitter it. He tells us what his motivation is here. Nothing selfish or sinister:

And to ABSOLUTELY CLEAR on my motivations/intentions for the "Likes' request........I have to assemble a team of extremely talented creatives. Not all of them are going to be partial to Ron Paul. Having a high "Like" count will make my approach to this more practical, as creatives are often appreciative of having their work seen by lots of eyeballs. It will likely help several of them look past the political aspect of this. I know the Ron Paul people will support this effort but not all the people I would manage for a project like this would share our passion for Ron Paul. So a high "Like" count in a short period of time is just a practical way of demonstrating to them that there's a receptive audience for a project like this. Many creatives would likely look past the political aspect of the effort if they know there's a good audience for this.

LCG8928
04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Liked it. Remember to share the video everywhere!

ClydeCoulter
04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Richter Studios is offering to make an "epic" 2 minute long professional advertisement/promo for Ron Paul, for free, if this video gets 2,000 likes:

Will Ya'll just go watch and like the video, he's guaging how well we can make it go viral. Just DO IT! Do we have presence or not?

PolicyReader
04-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Will Ya'll just go watch and like the video, he's guaging how well we can make it go viral. Just DO IT! Do we have presence or not?
Agreed, it takes less than a minute to let it buffer and click "like". You don't even have to watch the whole video if you don't have 5 minutes, but surly everyone has 42 seconds to click like while the video spools up.

Algorres
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Liked and shared

Crystallas
04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Geez. People need to quit with the QQ for such a small request. If 2,000 likes is a proposed trade for someone to make a top notch video, then what is the big deal?

FSP-Rebel
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Liked. Folks, very little effort for a nice addition to our arsenol.

ClydeCoulter
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM

BUMP, Show the Ron Paul Forums presence on the Net...!!!!!!!

Britannia
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I have watched and liked :)

kathy88
04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
No brainer indeed. Viewed and liked. 10 days to get 2k likes? HA!!! Lets get it done TODAY RP supporter style. Spread it. Facebook it. Twitter it. He tells us what his motivation is here. Nothing selfish or sinister:

This. Liked and Tweeted.

Crickett
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Sheesh. Ben Swann asked for 10,000 facebook likes just to do a story on Ron and we gave those without discussion..lol

justatrey
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Liked and shared

drummergirl

As a "creative type" I get this. You can pay people to do something, but genuine enthusiasm for a project doesn't come from a paycheck.

robert9712000
It shouldnt be a problem.From the time i started watching to the end of the clip he got 20 likes

camp_steveo
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
liked and shared too

ShibbitySparks
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Liked and spread to my grassroots pages with hundreds of members. We got this.

rb3b3
04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
liked shared, 1240 likes so far

TruckinMike
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM
1,313 likes

ClydeCoulter
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM

It is up to 1,319 now, close but, come on RPF we can do this quickly!

twomp
04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
1,450 now!

Highstreet
04-06-2012, 08:07 PM
They have some pretty quality vids in their portfolio:

http://www.richterstudios.com/portfolio

PolicyReader
04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
They have some pretty quality vids in their portfolio:

http://www.richterstudios.com/portfolio
Excellent, thanks for the link :)

Oh and we're over 1,500 now

PolicyReader
04-07-2012, 12:45 AM
2,063 likes = Winning. Nicely done everyone, I love to see focused grassroots action both on and offline. :D

PatriotOne
04-07-2012, 09:52 AM
He sounds pretty excited about his new project on Monday :). Why stop there though. New goal of 5000 likes!

Just got back from a family event. Wasn't able to check this page since I left this morning. Wow! You guys/gals are absolutely amazing. I posted the video last night around 1AM PST, so perhaps this will crack 2,000 Likes in less than a day. This is the type of response that the creatives I'll be managing for this effort will take note of and recognize. I can't imagine where this Like counter will be at on Monday but I'm guessing I'll have a fun new project to share with my crew. THANK YOU!!!

JeremyRichterFilm 12 hours ago

InTradePro
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Video is in the News & Politics category but a close look at top videos by likes does not list it.

Should be on following link but isn't. Anyone know why?
http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_top_rated/news?t=w

ClydeCoulter
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Video is in the News & Politics category but a close look at top videos by likes does not list it.

Should be on following link but isn't. Anyone know why?
http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_top_rated/news?t=w

^^^^ THIS Anyone ? ^^^^^^

Scott_in_PA
04-07-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_top_rated/news?t=t

TIMB0B
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM

InTradePro
04-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Thanks. Location = US gives #1 now

http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_top_rated/news?gl=US&t=t

_DoMiNo_
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Holy guacamole batman... already hit 2k? You guys are awesome

PolicyReader
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
He sounds pretty excited about his new project on Monday :). Why stop there though. New goal of 5000 likes!

Just got back from a family event. Wasn't able to check this page since I left this morning. Wow! You guys/gals are absolutely amazing. I posted the video last night around 1AM PST, so perhaps this will crack 2,000 Likes in less than a day. This is the type of response that the creatives I'll be managing for this effort will take note of and recognize. I can't imagine where this Like counter will be at on Monday but I'm guessing I'll have a fun new project to share with my crew. THANK YOU!!!

JeremyRichterFilm 12 hours ago

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We've craked 2,500 already and are pushing on, let's take it all the way to 5,000

New goal of 5000 likes! Let's reach it by the time doors open for them on Monday :cool:

twomp
04-08-2012, 01:06 AM
A comment from Jeremy Richter (creator of this video)

"You guys more than made it clear there is a massive ground swell of interest to do this. I had hoped this would pick up steam in a week's time but you guys took the reigns and made this soar past 2,000 Likes in less than 24 hours.That's positively amazing in my mind.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm terribly proud to part of this community and I will not let you guys down. Give me 2-3 weeks to get moving on this and assemble the right team. But to be clear, YES, it's a definite "Go". Tampa, here we come!!!"

PolicyReader
04-08-2012, 02:44 AM
A comment from Jeremy Richter (creator of this video)

"You guys more than made it clear there is a massive ground swell of interest to do this. I had hoped this would pick up steam in a week's time but you guys took the reigns and made this soar past 2,000 Likes in less than 24 hours.That's positively amazing in my mind.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm terribly proud to part of this community and I will not let you guys down. Give me 2-3 weeks to get moving on this and assemble the right team. But to be clear, YES, it's a definite "Go". Tampa, here we come!!!"
Thanks for delivering the good word twomp :)

For those keeping score we're at 2,728 likes now on our way to the second goal of 5,000 :cool:

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Monday, 4/9/2012
Today is day 4 of this 10 day challenge. We've long ago reached the first goal of 2,000 likes & we're well on our way to the second goal of 5,000 likes.
Can we use the next two days and complete the second goal in half the time we were given for the challenge? :D

Current tally: 2,900 likes

ClydeCoulter
04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Monday, 4/9/2012
Today is day 4 of this 10 day challenge. We've long ago reached the first goal of 2,000 likes & we're well on our way to the second goal of 5,000 likes.
Can we use the next two days and complete the second goal in half the time we were given for the challenge? :D

Current tally: 2,900 likes

WE can DO this. RPF on the Web !!!!

Barrex
05-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Still didnt happend...?

InTradePro
05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Still didnt happend...?I assume stuff is happening.

New video update only 2 days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbEIvltyos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbEIvltyos

Eisenhower
05-07-2012, 09:35 PM
hopefully this guy comes through with this promise. otherwise his youtube career is finished

ClydeCoulter
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Still didnt happend...?

I haven't seen it yet. I replied to his top comment that said "Yes it's a GO", on the original video comments. We'll see if he responds.

J_White
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
3,061 Likes.
hope they come out with something good.
something showing Romney and Obama being same on issues, and contrast that with Paul - economy, NDAA, bailouts, healthcare,wars, civil liberties, TSA, etc