PDA

View Full Version : Now is the time for Ron Paul to take a stand and call out the GOP, Patrick Henry style.

robertwerden
04-05-2012, 09:53 PM
The establishment wishes they didn't have to back Romney, that much is clear, and now is the time for Ron Paul to make a video speech.
The video needs to be forceful and politically devastating to Romney as well as Santorum.

He needs to tell the establishment
1. That he is the only one who can beat Obama
2. Romney and Santorum will not get the youth vote away from Obama
3. The Ron Paul supporters will stage a massive write in campaign or vote 3rd party and cause Obama to win a second term.
4. If the convention comes and there is no candidate with 1144 delegates, that the Paul supporters will create a scene and force a stalemate that will embarrass the party and force multiple rounds of voting until Paul wins.

This is a Revolution, and Paul needs to make this a epic speech that will make the GOP and the media wake up and realize that this is a give me liberty or give me death moment in American history.

This is our last chance to save the Constitution.

satchelmcqueen
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
bump

eleganz
04-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I like it...now for the campaign to make the video..haha.

frickettz
04-05-2012, 11:06 PM
I couldn't agree more. The campaign has been so PASSIVE about everything. They never take the offense.. it's always defense. There was a point in this race where the momentum was impossible to ignore, everyone knew it.. we had the media and the establishment shaking in their boots and the campaign didn't capitalize on it. They passively rode the wave until it calmed instead of taking hold of it and forcing it down their throats.

Instead of relying on the grass roots to do everything they gotta step up and actually lead the movement more.

But can you picture Ron getting up there and saying something to devastate Romney's campaign? No.. he simply wouldn't do it.

FindLiberty
04-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I like this idea if RP agrees. He should get it on tape now (produced by a pro) with the promise it would be held secretly 'till he was ready to use it.

tell no one ;-)

rideurlightning
04-06-2012, 07:33 AM
The campaign won't do it.

JS4Pat
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
The campaign has been so PASSIVE about everything. They never take the offense.. it's always defense. There was a point in this race where the momentum was impossible to ignore, everyone knew it.. we had the media and the establishment shaking in their boots and the campaign didn't capitalize on it. They passively rode the wave until it calmed instead of taking hold of it and forcing it down their throats.

I could not agree more! It has been SO FRUSTRATING! Do they not want to Win or is it they just don't know how to Win???

kathy88
04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
There's nothing to prevent US from making the video. Lay it out.

robertwerden
04-06-2012, 09:35 AM
We need to write the speech for him. We can do it as a group and try and get him to read it.

EndTheFed
04-06-2012, 09:39 AM
#3 is NOT going to win anyone over and WILL turn people off... at least the last part of it

kathy88
04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
My fellow Patriots... the time has come for me to lay my cards on the table... Our country is on the verge of collapse. Not just economic collapse but a total hijacking of each and every one of our civil liberties guaranteed us by the Constitution. Elected officials have been for a long time systematically promising the people they are supposed to represent that they will go to Washington and make a change. That they will represent YOU. That things will get better. But behind the scenes these people cut deals with the small few who control our banks, our tax system, our schools, and our inalienable rights.

Ok I started it...

frickettz
04-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I could not agree more! It has been SO FRUSTRATING! Do they not want to Win or is it they just don't know how to Win???

I'm coming to believe that Ron doesn't want to win. It's sad but that's the impression he gives me and a lot of other people. But maaaaan... I love the fact that he's reluctant and doesn't really want the power per say.. at some point he needs to make a decision though. If he really wants to hold the oval office, it's his for the taking, no doubt about that. Show some fire.

kathy88
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm coming to believe that Ron doesn't want to win. It's sad but that's the impression he gives me and a lot of other people. But maaaaan... I love the fact that he's reluctant and doesn't really want the power per say.. at some point he needs to make a decision though. If he really wants to hold the oval office, it's his for the taking, no doubt about that. Show some fire.

Watch the clips of the California speeches. Then come delete this post.

robertwerden
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Here is my addition to the speech:
"For to long, choosing our nominee has been a popularity contest. Not based on conservative record or values based on our most honored traditions of the constitution, but on who has the most money, the most corporate connections and who can fool the voters into thinking the nominee should be chosen on who can win rather than who will defend the Constitution and resist the urge to abuse executive power."

kathy88
04-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Come on. Everyone write a paragraph and we can go from there.

Tod
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
#3 is NOT going to win anyone over and WILL turn people off... at least the last part of it

It just needs to be worded differently. It can't come across as a threat. I think it should be more along these lines:

The crossover and independent voters who are drawn to Ron Paul and who will enable him to win just won't be drawn to any of the other GOP candidates.

cheapseats
04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
It just needs to be worded differently. It can't come across as a threat. I think it should be more along these lines:

The crossover and independent voters who are drawn to Ron Paul and who will enable him to win just won't be drawn to any of the other GOP candidates.

There are also Independents and Crossovers and Embittered who WILL. NOT. VOTE. REPUBLICAN.

Just like there are many here who COULD. NOT. VOTE. DEMOCRAT.

frickettz
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Yeah I have watched those speeches Kathy, and I have to agree that he's verbally placing himself in the white house in his speeches lately. I have enjoyed that very much. Wish he would have done that at the height of his campaign. Thanks for starting the speech :) I'll contribute to this when I'm done working today.

kathy88
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
There are also Independents and Crossovers and Embittered who WILL. NOT. VOTE. REPUBLICAN.

Just like there are many here who COULD. NOT. VOTE. DEMOCRAT.

Of course there are, but they are not the people Tod was referring to in making his point. Is there a thread you haven't shit in yet today?

Carlybee
04-06-2012, 11:16 AM
My fellow Americans,

The time has come for We the People to reject the two party monopoly that has resulted in a stranglehold over liberty and has produced some of the worst leaders in modern history, whose main purpose regardless of party seems to be the total annihilation of the middle class, the wholesale destruction of the Constitution and the apocalyptic devaluation of the monetary system.

kathy88
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
My fellow Americans,

The time has come for We the People to reject the two party monopoly that has resulted in a stranglehold over liberty and has produced some of the worst leaders in modern history, whose main purpose regardless of party seems to be the total annihilation of the middle class, the wholesale destruction of the Constitution and the apocalyptic devaluation of the monetary system.

OMG love this :)

John F Kennedy III
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Perhaps we can make a video of one of us making the speech and try to make it go viral.

robertwerden
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is the convention warning:
"As we head to Tampa, and our campaign places our delegates into the convention center, it will become clear that those unbound delegates who you thought were chosen carefully by party leaders to tow the party line, are actually extremely skilled Ron Paul supporters who have worked for the last 4 years to try and save the party from it's own short sighted actions. In 2008 our supporters created a strategy of becoming involved in GOP functions and taking positions of leadership with in the party. For the sole purpose of repairing the party and returning it to its true conservative roots. We would like to avoid any embarrassing disruptions that the Democrats will use against us in the general election. So when the roll call of delegates start making their votes heard from each state, it would be advisable not to try and break party rules, try and shut us out or insight a situation that could potentially be embarrassing to the Republican Party.

Our delegates are instructed to act politely and simply cast there vote for Ron Paul in a calm and orderly fashion. However should the party decide to use dirty tricks, or report the delegates votes improperly, our delegates have the knowledge to fight these rule violations. Should our campaign legitimately not get the required 1144 delegate votes, we will not try and game the system as some GOP state and local groups have already done. "

EndTheFed
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Much better....

InTradePro
04-06-2012, 11:45 AM

+Rep

Yes, from the speech as Berkeley, definitely for the win and it seems much closer to hand then many believe.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I like the idea conceptually. We just need to be careful with the facts. For example.

1. That he is the only one who can beat Obama -- There is NO polling that shows this. In fact the RCP Average has Paul losing to Obama by 7.6, where Romney loses by 4.5

2. Romney and Santorum will not get the youth vote away from Obama --- Exit polling shows that Romney and Santorum both have won the youth vote over Paul is many states. For example in AZ, 57% of the youth vote went to Romney, only 15% to Paul.

3. The Ron Paul supporters will stage a massive write in campaign or vote 3rd party and cause Obama to win a second term. --- Massive is an overstatement. Paul has received just over a million votes in the primaries, and will likely double that when all said and done. If the write in campaign would match his primary total, that would account for less than 1% of the general election turnout. Additionally, exit polling suggests that only about 30% of Paul voters will not vote for the nominee.

4. If the convention comes and there is no candidate with 1144 delegates, that the Paul supporters will create a scene and force a stalemate that will embarrass the party and force multiple rounds of voting until Paul wins. --- the chances of a brokered convention are so slim right now, this is almost a moot point.

So don't get me wrong, I like the Patrick Henry type speech, but it needs to be based on facts and not opinions or speculation. The four points you laid out are easily disputable, which is why it wouldn't be the best idea to run with those four points, since they can be very easily countered. I would suggest that it is far better to focus on the main issues of the day - economy, taxes, jobs, etc - those are the points where Paul can make an impact.

Ivash
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
The OP is right when he saws that the elite does not like Romney (there are too many different groups of elite to really be a stable establishment). So many of my friends (myself included) are just sitting on the side lines since many think Romney is pretty unlikely to win in November. Why support an unlikely winner?

One of the reasons so many general establishment figures (those who have remained neutral so far) are endorsing Romney now is because they do not think he will drag other Republicans down in the general, which Santorum will.

Though they also want the primary process over so the general public won't have to see unelectable clowns like Santorum and Gingrich 'representing' the Republican party.

aclove
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Perhaps none of you have ever actually met Dr. Paul or listened to his style, his mannerisms, or paid attention to his personality.

Dr. Paul does not threaten.

Dr. Paul does not lay out ultimatums.

Dr. Paul does not speak in absolutes.

What you're looking for is a leader with Dr. Paul's sincerity, honesty, and consistency, but who has an aggressive, confrontational personality. That person is not Ronald Ernest Paul. Sorry, but it's not.

That person may be Randall Paul. It certainly seemed that way at times during his 2010 primary campaign with Trey Grayson, whom Rand called a liar multiple times, in public, to his face (for the record, Greyson WAS a liar).

I understand the frustration you're feeling, but constantly getting bent out of shape because Ron Paul doesn't act as aggressively as you want him to isn't going to do anything but give you heartburn.

jcarcinogen
04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
The mainstream republican doesn't even know about Paul's rallies because the msm chooses not to tell them. Why would they give a Ron Paul video any attention?

robertwerden
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
The whole idea is, because it is unlike Ron Paul to make a speech like this, that move from his normal personality would make it news worthy. The media loves when politicians go out side their comfort zone and make waves. That is why this speech will be important.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
The whole idea is, because it is unlike Ron Paul to make a speech like this, that move from his normal personality would make it news worthy. The media loves when politicians go out side their comfort zone and make waves. That is why this speech will be important.

Agreed, provided though he wouldn't say things that are easily disproved. Like I pointed out, if he said "Santorum and Romney can't get the youth vote" his detractors could throw up a graphic that shows several states where Romney or Santorum clobbered Paul with the 18-29 bloc.

cindy25
04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Romney is getting young Mormon Republicans to turn out, as in AZ or NV; in some states he is getting young establishment Republicans.

but he can't get the independents like Ron could.

I have a feeling the campaign is still hoping for a Romney Rand ticket. I can't think of any other reason why they are holding back.

cindy25
04-06-2012, 06:17 PM

a threat is the only thing the establishment would understand

jay_dub
04-06-2012, 06:29 PM
we need a 2012 version of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3FuGEGcU8

coffeewithchess
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Hmmm, they raised $30 million this time, and $30 million last time...at least this time they hired professionals to do their ads, though the campaign itself was not prepared from the beginning to win it.
If you are raising money, like the campaign was in the beginning, there is no reason to not have at least one solid attack ad on every single candidate already produced/in the wings, but perhaps not air it.
The RP campaign has failed to directly attack President Obama in a one-on-one, and has directly failed to attack Romney in a one-on-one.

With the attack ads/history ads (all they do is show the other guys have no history/record to run on) done, that would leave RP's campaign with simply making ads addressing things that the voters don't understand about RP's positions...such as foreign policy.

I'm just waiting for RP to announce when his new book is coming out...it happened in 2008, and I'm guessing based off of the history then, that a new book is pretty much in the wings just ready for a publish/print announcement.

Ekrub
04-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh god shut up. He isn't in this to make a profit. He's sacrificing time with his family and wife to fight for liberty.

J_White
04-06-2012, 11:38 PM
bump !