PDA

View Full Version : "Testpac" SuperPac created to boot the author of SOPA out of his seat in Texas

Cshelton21
04-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Thoughts?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/REddit-TestPAC-SOPA-PIPA-Lamar-Smith,news-14720.html

Anyone part of this? I'd like to see the man who wrote this terrible piece of legislation career come to a swift and abrupt end at the hands of an upset population. That should send a pretty clear message to the two-in-one party establishment pertaining to civil liberties in the 21's century.

Pericles
04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
It is the only way to teach them to stop that. Most of these characters are in "safe" seats that have a part of the constituency that support those stupid ideas.

TruckinMike
04-05-2012, 10:11 PM
If its the same group that I'm thinking of they are a bunch of libs (Reddit threads galore on this topic) they've been at this quite a while --- but they don't care for Sheriff Mack's politics. Thats ok though, let them spend their money on Smith attack ads -- it only helps Mack. We've got a billboard promoting Mack that will be going up next week sometime. The ETA from the printer is on 4/10/12. We'll see If I get it by then. The double sided billboard will be 8'x44' mounted on the back of one of my flatbed trailers. Making it portable allows some great exposure if used at the right place at the right time. I'll do my best. When not in motion, the sign will be parked on hwy 46 about 1/4 mile east of I-35 in New Braunfels,TX. I do have to work - so for the most part the sign will be parked garnering support from the side of the road instead of from on it.:)

TMike

libertarian4321
04-06-2012, 01:54 AM
It's not going to happen. Smith's district is so safely Gerrymandered Republican that he knows he will never lose. Most often, the Dems don't even bother fielding a candidate, and when they do, it's usually some retiree amateur running just for the Hell of it, knowing full well he won't crack 40% of the vote (probably not even close).

Smith got 69% of the vote in 2010, his Dem and Libertarian opponents combined for 31%. He continues to rake in millions in contributions despite never having faced anything resembling a real election. He reliably carries the water for those who buy his services.

He's also butted heads with Ron Paul from time to time.

Lamar Smith is a prime example of everything that is wrong with politics in America. A bought politician who has no fear of ever losing.

Wikipedia just scratches the surface on this guy, but it will give you some idea of what he's like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_S._Smith

Edit: Oops, just noticed this was talking mostly about the primary. Good luck to anyone thinking they can beat Smith in the primary, I'd love to see him lose.

TruckinMike
04-06-2012, 06:07 AM
It's not going to happen....Good luck to anyone thinking they can beat Smith in the primary...

I know one thing - you are absolutely right - if no one tries.

Yes, this is an uphill battle. Mack is starting a campaign that may take 2-3 terms to win. Its all about information, connections, and social skills. His district/my district is filled with politically under-educated conservative voters. Like all Republicans they must be beat about the head and foot with information. Then beat them some more to make sure it sticks. Mack knows what this battle is, as do I, as well as the libs. This is going to be a long protracted war of wills, a siege. We are coming at Smith from both the left and from the right. Were gonna starve that bastard of votes and boot him out of his castle!

So the question is - are you going to help or just sit at the moat crying?:D

TMike

Cshelton21
04-06-2012, 06:45 AM
You Know? I think if we start working with the liberals every chance we get a few may do the same for us. we have so many goals in common. and this guy is obviously one of them. I think its time we flex our muscles and display a little of what we've won so far in this rEVOLution.

Lishy
04-06-2012, 06:48 AM
You Know? I think if we start working with the liberals every chance we get a few may do the same for us. we have so many goals in common. and this guy is obviously one of them. I think its time we flex our muscles and display a little of what we've won so far in this rEVOLution.

I agree. Liberals DO want what we want too!

As for the left-winged politics however, that can be managed by simply educating people on our stance.