PDA

View Full Version : Santorum Twitter and Email Bomb

opinionatedfool
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Tweet, email or call the Rick Santorum campaign and encourage them to stay in the race. He has been getting a lot of pressure to drop out and that is the last thing we need at this point. He needs to get the feeling that his supporters want him to stay in.

@ricksantorum is his twitter.

Here is his web contact form: hxxp://www.ricksantorum.com/contact

eduardo
04-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Conspiracy theory

It's not as if he decides that. The lizard people decide whether he stays in or not. Fox News needs to have a race going on to keep its ratings up and GOP voters need to believe they have a real choice in candidates (obviously Ron Paul doesn't count as a "serious" candidate)

alucard13mmfmj
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, maybe we will get all of Santorum's delegate/supporT? =P

Ron Paul support + former Santorum support > Romney support

unknown
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
I suppose we want him to stay in the race due to the possibility of a brokered convention?

But wouldnt we like this to be more of a two man race between Romney and the good doctor?

eduardo
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I suppose we want him to stay in the race due to the possibility of a brokered convention?

But wouldnt we like this to be more of a two man race between Romney and the good doctor?

I honestly don't know. I can't see the majority of Santorum or Gingrich supporters voting for Ron at a brokered convention. If anything Newt will be eliminated after the first/second round of voting, his delegates will go to Santorum. From what I know the candidate with the least amount of votes is eliminated after every (few) rounds. Sadly, unless Ron can get more delegates than Santorum he might be eliminated as the brokered convention voting gets underway. We might end up with a Santorum vs Romney scenario if that's how it works.

Feelgood
04-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Like Virginia? We saw how that went...

GeorgiaAvenger
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
No, I want him to get out.

That way Ron Paul gets more support.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Yeah, wasn't it like 40+%

Better than 5-10% we are getting now!

eduardo
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
No, I want him to get out.

That way Ron Paul gets more support.

Not much more. Probably not enough to beat Romney anyhow. If Santorum drops out and Gingrich stays in, Gingrich gets those votes. If they both drop out the media will hand it to Romney. It's a catch 22 here. Santorum stays in and Ron doesn't beat Romney, Santorum drops out and Romney wins by default (according to the media)

04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I want him to drop out.

opinionatedfool
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Yes to the first, absolutely not to the second. There is no way anything could be pulled off with a two way race at this point. That being said, become a delegate. For anyone. Maybe for Romney if you can. The only possibility at this point is brokered convention.

04-05-2012, 08:05 PM

It wasn't that bad considering how establishment nova is, it was close enough. In other states it could very well have been a victory for Ron like TX NY or CA.

coffeewithchess
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
It wasn't that bad considering how establishment nova is, it was close enough. In other states it could very well have been a victory for Ron like TX NY or CA.

I'm not sure what numbers you are basing California off of, but RP only got 100,000 votes in 2008, compared to John McCain and Mitt Romney...who both received more than a million votes EACH.
New York, RP only received 40,000 votes compared to John McCain's 330,000, and Mitt Romney's 178,000.

If this was about a two man race, the campaign missed it's chance in Virginia. Losing by 20% points in the state does not make it close...if that's the case, Rick Santorum's lost senate seat race in 2006 would be considered "close" and he lost by 17-18% (?), and people think that shows he can't win nationally.

As for Texas, perhaps the fact Rick Perry is their governor is missed? Or, the fact that John McCain won the state in 2008 with 697,000 votes, compared to Mike Huckabee's 518,000 votes...and RP received 66,000.

alucard13mmfmj
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
So...

people want santorum to stay in to better chances of brokered convention

people want santorum out of the race so ron might get some of santorum's supporters