PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Road Trip

JoshLowry
06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm going to make a Road Trip to Iowa. We have to get this snowball rolling now. I'll be promoting Dr. Paul for the Ames Straw Poll and we will attend the presidential candidates forum hosted by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance.

Depending on who else wants to get involved we might be able to get some momentum going with it.

Look at the states surrounding Iowa. We need to get as many people on the ground before the Straw Poll which is in less than 55 days.

Passing out flyers for just one day would help. It's all about the butterfly effect.

http://www.stateofbrain.com/images/iowart.gif

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Katy,+TX&daddr=Des+Moines,+IA&sll=37.0625,-95.677071&sspn=45.736609,117.421875&ie=UTF8&ll=35.88905,-94.526367&spn=23.447888,58.710938&z=5&om=1

I will be passing through Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Topeka, and Kansas City. I can pick people up along the way if we get the funds and plans down correctly.

Depending on the number of people that want to come along we can edit our plans.

The idea is to be in Iowa on June 30th for the Presidential Candidate Forum. We will be in Iowa for a few days, maybe 3 or 4 and we will be helping the campaign out with our grassroots activism. This can be a few days before or a few days after the Tax Relief forum. So shoot for leaving around the 26th or so and be back in about a week.

Post if you're interested. Donations are welcome for the road trip and we will document it. If you have donated the max to the campaign, please help put some boots on the ground in Iowa... You can paypal RonPaulForums@gmail.com Even 5 bucks would help. :o

Again, I'm not sure if anyone else can drop and run but let me know if you can. I'll be going for sure. If you have a meetup in those states, check with your fellow meetup members and see if they want to come along.

Let's roll!

cujothekitten
06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Where are you going to be staying? If we get enough people we might be able to get a group rate at a hotel.

I'm in Chicago but I might be able to meet you guys there.

BLS
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Josh, if you're willing to drive up from Houston, we gotta see if we can get a Nationwide push for this. I'm inspired my man. I know I can't do a week, but I only live about 3 hours from Des Moines, so coming down for a weekend, etc could happen.

JoshLowry
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Where are you going to be staying? If we get enough people we might be able to get a group rate at a hotel.

Good question, probably wherever we can find a decent place. I'm sure there are hotels all over Des Moines with reasonable rates. If someone has a few rooms/floors that are empty that would be just as good but not to be expected.

Josh, if you're willing to drive up from Houston, we gotta see if we can get a Nationwide push for this. I'm inspired my man. I know I can't do a week, but I only live about 3 hours from Des Moines, so coming down for a weekend, etc could happen.

That would be great. Like I said, just spending a day passing out flyers would have a butterfly effect. We need as many feet on the ground in Iowa as possible.

GreenApples
06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I'll try and make it but going to have to check with family first.

JoshLowry
06-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Great...!

Where are you from green?

angelatc
06-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd rather camp than stay in a hotel.

Anybody else a camper?

beermotor
06-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Stay a couple exits outside of town for cheapness.

Bump - wish I was along the route!

Come on lads, put yer backs into it!

reeferseed
06-23-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm going to make a Road Trip to Iowa. We have to get this snowball rolling now. I'll be promoting Dr. Paul for the Ames Straw Poll and we will attend the presidential candidates forum hosted by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance.

Depending on who else wants to get involved we might be able to get some momentum going with it.

Look at the states surrounding Iowa. We need to get as many people on the ground before the Straw Poll which is in less than 55 days.

Passing out flyers for just one day would help. It's all about the butterfly effect.

Sign me up! I am now in Austin, Texas; with a temporarily suspended drivers license... Somehow, I hope to find a way to Houston... I can only help with sharing the cost of gas, but I have the free time, if i can be back for a traffic-court appearance at 9:30, on the third of July...

http://www.stateofbrain.com/images/iowart.gif

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Katy,+TX&daddr=Des+Moines,+IA&sll=37.0625,-95.677071&sspn=45.736609,117.421875&ie=UTF8&ll=35.88905,-94.526367&spn=23.447888,58.710938&z=5&om=1

I will be passing through Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Topeka, and Kansas City. I can pick people up along the way if we get the funds and plans down correctly.

Depending on the number of people that want to come along we can edit our plans.

The idea is to be in Iowa on June 30th for the Presidential Candidate Forum. We will be in Iowa for a few days, maybe 3 or 4 and we will be helping the campaign out with our grassroots activism. This can be a few days before or a few days after the Tax Relief forum. So shoot for leaving around the 26th or so and be back in about a week.

Post if you're interested. Donations are welcome for the road trip and we will document it. If you have donated the max to the campaign, please help put some boots on the ground in Iowa... You can paypal RonPaulForums@gmail.com Even 5 bucks would help. :o

Again, I'm not sure if anyone else can drop and run but let me know if you can. I'll be going for sure. If you have a meetup in those states, check with your fellow meetup members and see if they want to come along.

Let's roll!
Sign me up! I am in Austin now, with a temporarily suspended driver's license...
I must be back in time for a traffic court date on July 3rd... Can I fit in here?
Hopeful Ronnie
freepotnow@yahoo.com

meg44
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Josh, have you got a hotel? I'll be happy to coordinate that. I'm coming from Kansas. The Iowa people asked me to help with any of the out of state people coming in. It would be most effective if we could get a block of rooms in one hotel rather than be split up. Actually, I plan on calling you about this tommorrow.

Meg Davis
Kansas
meg9999@gmx.net

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Sign me up! I am in Austin now, with a temporarily suspended driver's license...
I must be back in time for a traffic court date on July 3rd... Can I fit in here?
Hopeful Ronnie
freepotnow@yahoo.com

Yeah that would be great, can you leave on the 26th? We will be back on the 1st or 2nd.

Josh, have you got a hotel? I'll be happy to coordinate that. I'm coming from Kansas. The Iowa people asked me to help with any of the out of state people coming in. It would be most effective if we could get a block of rooms in one hotel rather than be split up. Actually, I plan on calling you about this tommorrow.

Meg Davis
Kansas
meg9999@gmx.net

Not yet, thanks. I will send you my number.

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Josh, I sent Meg the hotel info where we're staying.

It's just 12 mile from HiVee Hall...
Wherever you book, better call soon though...there's a big soccer tournament in town too from what the Innkeeper told me.

meg44
06-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Josh, I've been trying to call you: I think I wrote you number down wrong; could you email me?
Meg
meg9999@gmx.net

BravoSix
06-24-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm staying at the Quality Inn and Suites Event Center. It's a bit pricey - $119 per night - but it's only about 1200 feet from the Hy Vee Hall (according to Google Maps), so it's walking distance.

DaynaE
06-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Meg Davis
Kansas
meg9999@gmx.net

Meg,

I've decided I will definitely stay in Des Moines, considering that
Dr. Paul's speech doesn't begin until 4:30pm. I had originally figured
that the rally was from 1pm to 4pm and I could head home after. It
makes more sense to stay over - especially considering I have the next
day off. Please either email or post hotel info and I will make a reservation.
Thanks so much for coordinating this!! :)

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Leaving tomorrow... One last bump. :D

mdh
06-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Josh, post a picture of yourself so we can find you lol.

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Josh, post a picture of yourself so we can find you lol.

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/4/2/1/d/member_1816925.jpeg

phillip
06-27-2007, 07:01 PM
wow that sucks. i want to go, but i cant leave until friday. well represent Houston man, i might decide to drive there myself from Houston early friday.

SOS4USA
06-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Darn, I just joined the forum. I wished I would have read this, as I was having car trouble and with the price of gas too, it was thumbs down on going to owa. My heart and prayers for blessings from above on all who attended both forums, but especially Ron Pauls party.