PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Article from "The Hill"

Havax
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/220121-ron-paul-has-missed-92-percent-of-votes-in-2012

Title sounds like a total hit piece and then the entire article justifies how it is normal to miss this amount of votes while campaigning.

Why make this article at all?

phill4paul
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Why make this article at all?

You already answered the question...

hit piece

PolicyReader
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
In some outlets the person who writes the headlines is separate from the person who writes the articles (usually various people write the articles while only one or two write the headlines to be run) that may be the case in this instance and if so the headliner has a clear axe to grind. If it's not... I don't know, in that case it's just a weird choice.

nobody's_hero
04-05-2012, 01:42 PM
They still don't seem to understand that what Ron Paul is doing is more important than votes (which he would most-likely be outnumbered on, anyway).

D.A.S.
04-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Yea, I saw that. I guess they should have compared Ron's % of votes missed to other Presidential primary candidates that were holding a Congressional office during their run. They could have also provided figures for sitting Congress people who aren't running for anything, just for perspective. In the Summer and Fall 2011, Ron's record was pretty impressive for someone on the campaign trail. They forgot to state that he came back to hold a few committee meetings, where he grilled Bernanke and others.