PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone acting like we lost already?

Brown Sapper
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
All I see this morning are threads about how we should run third party and how its almost over. It's not, the three biggest states haven't even voted yet. Stop looking at the poll numbers, they always shoot up right before the primaries. Don't listen to the media, they already chose their candidate well before this election even started. DONATE, don't wait for moneybombs or the next new fad. We need money to get good coverage in NY, TX and CA and the whole premise of the moneybomb was to get coverage which isn't working anymore. If there is one thing I was taught in the army is never accept defeat and this is no different. There is still time to be the new "flavor of the month," especially since Santorum is wounded right. Grab your nutsack, man up, and be about it.

Origanalist
04-05-2012, 10:14 AM
+
I couldn't agree more

Titus
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
+rep We have a hard battle but not one that is impossible.

ShibbitySparks
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Completely agree

teacherone
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
lol

nobody's_hero
04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't think we can lose.

We might lose on paper, but not on principle.

PolicyReader
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Short answer, people (even many here) still value MSM narrative over the hard count. Usually siting "momentum" as the all important factor. But we've known from before this race started that the media "momentum" would be turned against us throughout this race.. is it really that we had so many people here who thought the media would suddenly become fair rather than continue their active lies?

I'll say it again, the "this is over Romney wins" narrative is expected indeed they've been pushing it in one form or another since before this race even started

So, to those who are stuck on "this race is over" I say this
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/557873_395458710472345_328415557176661_1480355_226 054787_n.jpg

CowTown
04-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Amen

GreenBulldog
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Lost what? The presidential election? It's a long shot, but not lost.

I'd say we already won.

"May future generation look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the establishment, and saved their country."

-Ron Paul

That is why we already won. Our time will come after the great default if Dr. Paul doesn't become President Paul.

bpitas
04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't mind giving more money, but I would really like to see the campaign change the way they are spending it. At this point there should be no question about "electability", there should be a commercial out there talking about his 12 terms in the house, and the fact that the polls say he does as well as Romney against Obama. Maybe something talking about the high percentages of Independent voters he gets.
And there shouldn't be a question about his foreign policy, there should be a(nother) video showing the Veterans for Ron Paul march on the whitehouse.
I'm definitely not giving up and I'm looking to be a delegate, so I'm doing my part, but the campaign absolutely NEEDS to figure out how to reach more people. The grass roots is busting a$$ and the campaign needs to hold up their side of the bargain. Momentum IS an issue, and ours has been going steadily down because we're not pushing back on the MSM enough. When the MSM asks Dr. Paul why he's still in the race, why is he falling into their trap and answering what they asked instead of talking about the fact that he polls better against Obama than the other candidates? He's getting opportunities to talk on national TV, but he's wasting them by answering the stupid questions they ask him instead of using the opportunity to get HIS point across. The campaign really needs to step up - it's getting hard to justify giving them more money.

P3ter_Griffin
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Because we have. It's not impossible, but I'd say very unlikely, that Paul will receive the majority of the votes from the remaining contests. Hope is what Obama's minions operate on, I like to stick with reality.

iamjohngalt2012
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
There is "reality" and then there is REALITY. The perception of what is going on is being shaped by a few that control the pipeline of information that goes to the masses. However, just as I had my own awakening and SHUT OFF the TV set a few years ago, so too are many others now. In fact, many more than at that time. We have a short window before they shut us down, but while access to the truth is available, many others will awake. People are getting involved in their local politics. Even those delegates who have proclaimed their allegiance to Romney, etc., can be swayed in the months ahead. Pay no attention to the story that is being spun in the media. They have an agenda. The truth on the ground is that we are winning.

John F Kennedy III
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
All I see this morning are threads about how we should run third party and how its almost over. It's not, the three biggest states haven't even voted yet. Stop looking at the poll numbers, they always shoot up right before the primaries. Don't listen to the media, they already chose their candidate well before this election even started. DONATE, don't wait for moneybombs or the next new fad. We need money to get good coverage in NY, TX and CA and the whole premise of the moneybomb was to get coverage which isn't working anymore. If there is one thing I was taught in the army is never accept defeat and this is no different. There is still time to be the new "flavor of the month," especially since Santorum is wounded right. Grab your nutsack, man up, and be about it.

Damn straight. Half the members here are cowardly establishment wannabes, trolls or plants.

STOP WHINING. EITHER HELP WIN OR SIT ON THE SIDELINE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. WE'VE GOT THE BALL ON THEIR 5 YARD LINE. LET'S PUNCH IT IN!

Crystallas
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Who is acting like we lost? Santorum/Romney stans?

John F Kennedy III
04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Because we have. It's not impossible, but I'd say very unlikely, that Paul will receive the majority of the votes from the remaining contests. Hope is what Obama's minions operate on, I like to stick with reality.

Who is this "we" you speak of, forum plant?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Ron Paul has won (http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates) 51 delegates. You need 1,144 to secure the nomination. There are 1,160 delegates remaining.

Why are people acting like Paul won't be the 2012 GOP presidential nominee? Because he would need to get 94.2% of the delegates still out there to win, and everyone knows that ain't happening. Paul is precariously close to being completely eliminated mathematically.

Appalachia
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I have also noticed that there is a negative atmosphere here. Almost at a point that it seems popular to say that Ron Paul isn't going to win.
We are Ron Paul supporters guys... and some of us can't even support our man?
I think we all hoped that the results would be better but you are not helping by being negative here. I'm not saying you have to be optimistic but keep some things to yourself.

ShibbitySparks
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Ron Paul has won (http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates) 51 delegates. You need 1,144 to secure the nomination. There are 1,160 delegates remaining.

Why are people acting like Paul won't be the 2012 GOP presidential nominee? Because he would need to get 94.2% of the delegates still out there to win, and everyone knows that ain't happening. Paul is precariously close to being completely eliminated mathematically.

You know, I really thought all RP supporters were on the same page about this but I guess not.

1) Ron Paul has won many more than 50 delegates

2) IT WAS NEVER THE PLAN TO GET 1144 DELEGATES ON THE FIRST VOTE

This second point is, I think, what is confusing everyone. People, we were never going to win the nomination outright with bound delegates. The idea has always been to go to Tampa with the largest force possible, including those who are bound for other candidates, force a brokered convention, and then enact a strategy that will convince the other delegates on the floor to switch to Paul.

THIS WE CAN STILL DO AND ARE DOING.

If people actually understood this, I don't think we'd be having all this talk about losing.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM

I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand why a long time forum member/supporter would actually include a link to the NEW YORK TIMES as a true source of delegate count. Seriously? I think Hannity's melting your brain cells. :)

P3ter_Griffin
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
There is "reality" and then there is REALITY. The perception of what is going on is being shaped by a few that control the pipeline of information that goes to the masses. However, just as I had my own awakening and SHUT OFF the TV set a few years ago, so too are many others now. In fact, many more than at that time. We have a short window before they shut us down, but while access to the truth is available, many others will awake. People are getting involved in their local politics. Even those delegates who have proclaimed their allegiance to Romney, etc., can be swayed in the months ahead. Pay no attention to the story that is being spun in the media. They have an agenda. The truth on the ground is that we are winning.

I agree that many people are "waking up" right now, but not to the degree that we need. He has fared well in the caucus states, but our percent of the vote of the primary states has been minute. Maybe I'm delusioned by pessimism, but I really believe if any of us want partake in real capitalism and experience real liberty we will need to look at moving to countries outside the US.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
As far as Ron Paul winning the GOP nominee and eventual President, we are acting like we have lost because we pride ourselves on being reasoned thinkers.

I believe the sooner we realize that the effort to win the nomination is clearly unsuccessful, the sooner we broaden the movement going forward.

P3ter_Griffin
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Who is this "we" you speak of, forum plant?

I'm sorry, by we I mean me.

PolicyReader
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
You know, I really thought all RP supporters were on the same page about this but I guess not.

This second point is, I think, what is confusing everyone. People, we were never going to win the nomination outright with bound delegates. The idea has always been to go to Tampa with the largest force possible, including those who are bound for other candidates, force a brokered convention, and then enact a strategy that will convince the other delegates on the floor to switch to Paul.

If people actually understood this, I don't think we'd be having all this talk about losing.
Accurate post is accurate.

Also as I've said before the "new information" out there about how Willard is now a shoe in to be nominated is neither new nor information. It is more of the same spin job that has been being pushed upon us since before the first votes were cast.

Our path to victory has never been about the straw poll votes nor has it been about outright winning the majority of the northern states.

As Shibbity rightly points out above this is about a brokered convention same as always, this is an uphill fight same as always, and this is still doable same as always.
Prevent Willard from taking 1,144 Bound delegates, box him out of the first round ballot. That's the target, now lets focus.

Noble Savage
04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Seems kinda selfish to put so much on one man especially someone that has already given so much. I'm with the folks that say we have already won. Ron Paul is flipping the lights on for a lot of people daily and they're not going away.

John F Kennedy III
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM

THIS!

+rep

RonPaulFanInGA
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Okay, not sure if the idea of Romney, Santorum and Gingrich delegates switching over to coronate fourth-place-out-of-four Ron Paul as the GOP nominee sounds all that much more probable than still declaring we can win outright; but at least it's more understood where you and others here are coming from.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Never mind. Not worth it.

MelissaCato
04-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Is everyone in focus now? Darn it. Ron Paul 2012!!

anewvoice
04-05-2012, 05:01 PM

Exactly, to be sitting here today, compared to 08, and be disappointed is astounding. It was over then, we're still going now. First ballot outright win for Paul was never in the cards, this is what the campaign has wanted to do. A win would have been awesome, but it was stolen, at least once.

TheGrinch
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree that many people are "waking up" right now, but not to the degree that we need. He has fared well in the caucus states, but our percent of the vote of the primary states has been minute. Maybe I'm delusioned by pessimism, but I really believe if any of us want partake in real capitalism and experience real liberty we will need to look at moving to countries outside the US.
You cannot escape globalism. A sad current reality. All the more reason to fight on.

And anyone who thought this was gonig to be easy or we're just backing a winner is misunderstanding what this movement is about. This is an intellectual revolution that Dr. Paul has helped set ablze. Regardless of what happens this election (and make no mistake, we're never giving up on that either), we most certainly have already won in that regard.

The establishment and media know good and well the power of ideas and the control over minds, but once you liberate those minds, good luck to them taking them back.

awake
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Huh? What? We won already.

04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
We're only halfway there. Chances of RP as the nominee are not good but not impossible yet.

I know people here hate to hear it but chances of Ron or Rand as VP nominee are more promising.

opinionatedfool
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
+rep We have a hard battle but not one that is impossible.

As I keep saying, become a delegate for anyone, anyway, anyhow. Heck, become a delegate for Santorum if you can find a way.

Brown Sapper
04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Fuck this bullshit. I don't want rep I want to see donations. I know the media portrays that we are beat. I haven't been pissed any more since I've seen that article mentioning that they didn't know wtf is where Ron Paul is. So screw them we need to show them we haven't gone anywhere. I guess I'll start it.

Brown Sapper
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Who is drunk and awesome!!!!!!

Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 351445660
Transaction date/time: 2012-04-05 23:38:40

coffeewithchess
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
All I see this morning are threads about how we should run third party and how its almost over. It's not, the three biggest states haven't even voted yet.

I said the following in another thread...but it applies directly to the biggest three states left to vote:

In California RP got 100,000 votes in 2008, compared to John McCain and Mitt Romney...who both received more than a million votes EACH.
New York, RP only received 40,000 votes compared to John McCain's 330,000, and Mitt Romney's 178,000.

John McCain won Texas in 2008 with 697,000 votes, compared to Mike Huckabee's 518,000 votes...and RP received 66,000.

TheGrinch
04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I said the following in another thread...but it applies directly to the biggest three states left to vote:

In California RP got 100,000 votes in 2008, compared to John McCain and Mitt Romney...who both received more than a million votes EACH.
New York, RP only received 40,000 votes compared to John McCain's 330,000, and Mitt Romney's 178,000.

John McCain won Texas in 2008 with 697,000 votes, compared to Mike Huckabee's 518,000 votes...and RP received 66,000.
And whats your point? How is this possibly helpful to show 2008 totals that in many states we're doing exponentially better this go round.

Are all of these delegates bound? Honest question for someone who knows, because in many cases the popular vote doesn't mean squat, hence the delegate game.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
the three biggest states haven't even voted yet.
Don't listen to the media, they already chose their candidate well before this election even started. DONATE, don't wait for moneybombs or the next new fad.
If there is one thing I was taught in the army is never accept defeat and this is no different.

+1 And remember, even if we win a couple of big states at the end of the cycle then that will be more fressh in people's minds than the victories earlier in the race so we'll seem to have the momentum going into Tampa :)

I don't mind giving more money, but I would really like to see the campaign change the way they are spending it. At this point there should be no question about "electability", there should be a commercial out there talking about his 12 terms in the house, and the fact that the polls say he does as well as Romney against Obama. Maybe something talking about the high percentages of Independent voters he gets.
And there shouldn't be a question about his foreign policy, there should be a(nother) video showing the Veterans for Ron Paul march on the whitehouse.
I'm definitely not giving up and I'm looking to be a delegate, so I'm doing my part, but the campaign absolutely NEEDS to figure out how to reach more people. The grass roots is busting a$$ and the campaign needs to hold up their side of the bargain. Momentum IS an issue, and ours has been going steadily down because we're not pushing back on the MSM enough. When the MSM asks Dr. Paul why he's still in the race, why is he falling into their trap and answering what they asked instead of talking about the fact that he polls better against Obama than the other candidates? He's getting opportunities to talk on national TV, but he's wasting them by answering the stupid questions they ask him instead of using the opportunity to get HIS point across. The campaign really needs to step up - it's getting hard to justify giving them more money.

As I keep saying, become a delegate for anyone, anyway, anyhow. Heck, become a delegate for Santorum if you can find a way.

YES, BECOME A DELEGATE, BE IT FOR ROMNEY, SANTORUM, GINGRICH, PAUL..........WHOEVER & you'll be able to switch to Paul later on!

BuddyRey
04-06-2012, 12:12 AM
We lost. It shouldn't hurt to admit it, especially because we worked our fingers to the bone. But alas, it just wasn't enough this time.

cindy25
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
the candidate is right, the message is right, and the timing is right

but the venue is wrong

the Republican elite want big govt so they can divide the loot; Romney's shortlist-internet censor and Israeli firster Rubio; internet tax queen Nicki Haley; wall street stooge Christie.

Phyxrgon
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
we havent lost as long as we go for the delegate positions, and fight for them, if and when we have to.

saying we have lost would be saying all these people trying to become paul delegates, even if they are lumped in with the other pinhead candidates on first vote, would have been for nothing, oh too bad, sorry we gave up. absolutely nothing. i am appalled at the defeatist attitude and that is exactly what the nimrod status quo want you to do: dry up ron's war chest, and go sulk like some kicked puppy because they'll keep kicking you when you BARK.

cindy25
04-06-2012, 12:22 AM
We lost. It shouldn't hurt to admit it, especially because we worked our fingers to the bone. But alas, it just wasn't enough this time.

if we do lose we have to make damn sure Romney loses. we have to make sure every neo-con senate or house candidate loses.
better Speaker Pelosi than Speaker Boehner

WeThePeople777
04-06-2012, 03:52 AM
We can't lose - Ron Paul's message is an uncontrollable fire.

From the great Michael Scott...

"Never, ever, ever give up"

WilliamC
04-06-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't think we can lose.

We might lose on paper, but not on principle.

Good point, what price is the establishment willing to pay to make sure Ron Paul loses.

It is clear that there is corruption in the voting process, even if that corruption isn't 100% directed against Ron Paul and existed before his campaign.

It's just so open and obvious now, and is more exposed the more popular Ron Paul gets.

This is the ultimate question, just how far the establishment is willing to go to to gain total control over us. Personally I think there are those working to get the USA into war with Iran deliberately so as to have an excuse to clamp down on the US population even more, but I also personally believe that we have reached the tipping point in the military at least, where most of them won't follow such a plan, and in the Universities, which are turning out 10,000 large crowds for Ron Paul, and that over the next few months there will be some big changes in not just the USA but the World.

Too many people are just too aware, and becoming more so every day.

Oh, if ya'll ain't done so yet, look into tor project and set up anonymous internet services for our brothers and sisters in countries even less free than the USA. For normal browsing it's too slow for me but when I'm not using the computer I can leave it running as a relay. I'm not a hacker or computer genius but it seems legit to me...

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/demotivational-posters-seems-legit.jpg

I'm now looking at how to set up an anonymous exit bridge with services. While I've never tried to have an anonymous identity on the internet, (I assume anyone with any level of power could easily find out who I am, and I comport myself accordingly) I very much like the idea of helping other folks living under really oppressive governments having anonymous access to the web, and there's no reason I shouldn't kick in a little bit to help out.

Privacy on the web and easy access to strong encryption should be like the right to keep and carry guns or to use sound money without penalty, and seems to be an easy way of undermining the system itself by promoting such.

kathy88
04-06-2012, 05:26 AM

Mods, can we have a separate place for those who have given up, because they are clogging up grassroots where people have NOT.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 05:43 AM
I think what you have here is a difference between what is possible and what is probable.

Is it possible that Ron can still win the nomination? Yes. Paul has won 26 bound delegates and there are 898 bound delegates remaining (source (http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/R-Del.phtml)). At the RNC 418 delegates will be unbound. So yes, technically Paul can win if, for example, he was able to secure 100% of the unbound delegate votes and win 78% of the remaining bound delegates (there are obviously other combinations to reach 1144). However, is it probable that he can pull off a monumental, come from behind win like this? No, unless there was some major event that suddenly shifted public support away from Romney and to Paul.

The same can be said for the brokered convention. Is is mathematically possible? Yes. Again, is that probable? The same answer would apply as above. Something would need to happen that would dramatically shift support from Romney to another candidate.

But this does not mean that libertarian-conservatives need to pack their bags and go home. Even if Romney does secure the nomination on the first ballot, Paul delegates can still have a major influence on the platform and VP selection. So while the chances of Paul winning the nomination or the convention being brokered are very slim, we still can fight to have influence. If influence is important to you, then keep fighting - if not then you can pack it in and spend your time doing other things.

azxd
04-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Reading this thread brings to mind a simple question ... If RP wins, what do others think we as a nation will actually win ?
What is the prize that ONLY one man can deliver ?

tbone717
04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Reading this thread brings to mind a simple question ... If RP wins, what do others think we as a nation will actually win ?
What is the prize that ONLY one man can deliver ?

The bully pulpit has some power to sway the country in one direction or another. That being said, Paul will need the support of Congress to get any agenda through. He would have to start with economic issues, since they are the most popular and work from there on others.

We'd be foolish to think that Paul winning the White House is suddenly going to undo 100 years of big government. This is a process that is going to take time, whether Paul wins or not. This is why it is so important to have libertarian-conservatives win more seats in Congress.

Brett85
04-06-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you. It's good that at least one person here seems to have a sense of reality. The future goal of the liberty movement needs to be to get liberty oriented candidates elected to state legislatures, Congress, and eventually the Presidency. But, there's no chance whatsoever that Ron Paul will be the GOP nominee, and that's a fact. People need to accept this reality and focus on electing liberty candidates to Congress and state legislatures. Donate your money to Thomas Massie or Justin Amash. It's ridiculous to still be focusing on Ron's campaign, as if he has any chance whatsoever to win the nomination. Sorry, but that's just the obvious truth that people need to wake up to.

Brett85
04-06-2012, 08:58 AM
I have also noticed that there is a negative atmosphere here. Almost at a point that it seems popular to say that Ron Paul isn't going to win.
We are Ron Paul supporters guys... and some of us can't even support our man?

You can support Ron Paul while still having a sense of reality.

speciallyblend
04-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank you. It's good that at least one person here seems to have a sense of reality. The future goal of the liberty movement needs to be to get liberty oriented candidates elected to state legislatures, Congress, and eventually the Presidency. But, there's no chance whatsoever that Ron Paul will be the GOP nominee, and that's a fact. People need to accept this reality and focus on electing liberty candidates to Congress and state legislatures. Donate your money to Thomas Massie or Justin Amash. It's ridiculous to still be focusing on Ron's campaign, as if he has any chance whatsoever to win the nomination. Sorry, but that's just the obvious truth that people need to wake up to.

as we have a strong chance to win colorado next week! sounds like your listening to the media!

Austin
04-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Math

Granted, losing the battle for the Republican nomination doesn't mean we've lost the war. Our numbers have increased dramatically, and our activists are more experienced than ever.

hammy
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Can you dig through a mountain with a teaspoon?

I guess technically, but it's nigh impossible.

Can Ron Paul still win the republican nom?

Same principle.

Let me state first, that I will -never- stop supporting Ron Paul, both financially, sign bombs, voting, spreading the message, etc. However, we have to start getting real. The best thing we can do is push as many people to the campaign events as possible, Lord knows the media isn't saying a word about Ron Paul.

And I know no one likes to hear it (including Ron Paul, lul), but I really really really want him to run third party. If just to be able to have -one- debate of Romney vs Obama vs Paul.

Our primary goal, as I've said many many times now, should be figuring out how to destroy the MSM. It's by far the greatest enemy we are fighting.

PC_for_Paul
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
The real difference between the US government and the government of Syria or Egypt or any of the others is only how threatened the status quo feels. You currently feel safe and secure because the status quo still thinks you are manageable. The minute they see a real threat, they can and will roll tanks on you just like syria and egypt.

You are only as free as the status quo is safe. The very minute the status quo feels unsafe, so will you.

The question in my mind after being involved since 2007, is Ron Paul for real? Is he substance or just rhetoric? Even if he is serious about really taking power from those who have it, how much time do we have before the power is moot? Do we really have 4 or 8 more years to make these changes or will events override long term goals?

What if Ron Paul is just a safety valve for the status quo? A way to relieve pressure without the whole country blowing up? If I were the CIA working on domestic terrorism, the Ron Paul supporter list would be a gift for my efforts to indentify and locate these people.

You so much as cramp the style of the bernank and tanks will roll in the streets to cling to that power. Know what your doing and know your risk, I assure the status quo knows it's risk, and they have manged it well so far. This is a big boy game and revolution is a dangerous sport.

Brett85
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
as we have a strong chance to win colorado next week! sounds like your listening to the media!

No, I'm just looking at the math. The numbers don't lie. Romney will have the nomination wrapped up by the beginning of June at the latest.

brushfire
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
N G U N S

Travlyr
04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
No, I'm just looking at the math. The numbers don't lie. Romney will have the nomination wrapped up by the beginning of June at the latest.
Perhaps Romney will win the GOP nomination by cheating. Cheating works, but Mitt Romney is not going to be president. If the GOP nominates Romney, then they are the "Biggest Loser."

fj45lvr
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
which states did Ron get the majority of votes in so far?? I haven't been following other states.

amonasro
04-06-2012, 10:29 AM
What if Ron Paul is just a safety valve for the status quo? A way to relieve pressure without the whole country blowing up? If I were the CIA working on domestic terrorism, the Ron Paul supporter list would be a gift for my efforts to indentify and locate these people.

You so much as cramp the style of the bernank and tanks will roll in the streets to cling to that power. Know what your doing and know your risk, I assure the status quo knows it's risk, and they have manged it well so far. This is a big boy game and revolution is a dangerous sport.

The way the country was designed by the founders is one huge pressure valve for the status quo. This isn't Russia where they can just round us up and throw us in gulags. If the bankers and status quo really were as powerful as you think, wouldn't they be stopping Liberty candidates from getting into office? They're not and we're taking some of those offices quite easily. I don't believe they are as organized an diabolical as you do. Maybe in another 20, 50 years, further down the road to serfdom they might be. The fact is our country is not that old, local politics is still intact, and our liberties are not all gone yet.

WilliamC
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
The real difference between the US government and the government of Syria or Egypt or any of the others is only how threatened the status quo feels. You currently feel safe and secure because the status quo still thinks you are manageable. The minute they see a real threat, they can and will roll tanks on you just like syria and egypt.

You are only as free as the status quo is safe. The very minute the status quo feels unsafe, so will you.

The question in my mind after being involved since 2007, is Ron Paul for real? Is he substance or just rhetoric? Even if he is serious about really taking power from those who have it, how much time do we have before the power is moot? Do we really have 4 or 8 more years to make these changes or will events override long term goals?

Ron Paul is for real, and he knows the stakes should he get even more real than he lets himself.

Revolution is a young mans game, Ron Paul is 76. He's doing all he can and more, I have nothing but respect and admiration for his courage and integrity.

Prep yourself, your family, your loved ones and keep telling the truth, there's far more decent people out there than the enablers for the parasites and psychopaths, and even they are coming around to our way of thinking.

Can TPTB try to establish marshal law in the USA? Of course.

Will they succeed? Not for very long.

WilliamC
04-06-2012, 10:39 AM
The way the country was designed by the founders is one huge pressure valve for the status quo. This isn't Russia where they can just round us up and throw us in gulags. If the bankers and status quo really were as powerful as you think, wouldn't they be stopping Liberty candidates from getting into office? They're not and we're taking some of those offices quite easily. I don't believe they are as organized an diabolical as you do. Maybe in another 20, 50 years, further down the road to serfdom they might be. The fact is our country is not that old, local politics is still intact, and our liberties are not all gone yet.

Just exposing them and talking about them helps diminish their power, they cannot survive in an information free world like we are experiencing now.

Just keep encouraging people to educate themselves, arm themselves, buy some gold or silver if they can afford it, and prep for short term emergencies, the more citizens do this the better off we all are.

emazur
04-06-2012, 11:00 AM
4/4
Cavuto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eV81b3LSIw): "is it your view that mitt romney is the inevitable nominee now?"
Paul: "he's getting pretty close to that"

But Ron does go on to mention the delegate process isn't over yet and I'd encourage everyone not to give up on that. Think of it this way - if Santorum could go from cellar-dweller to serious Romney challenger in one day, so can Paul

bpitas
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
In response to fj45lvr, the only state Ron Paul has won so far is the Virgin Islands, but he's said to have gotten a plurality of delegates in at least 4 states so far.

tbone717
04-06-2012, 11:43 AM
The only state Ron Paul has won so far is the Virgin Islands, but he's said to have gotten a plurality of delegates in at least 4 states so far.

Truthfully, we will not know whether or not he has a plurality until the convention itself and the nomination process takes place. A lot depends on whether or not the other candidates drop out and whom their unbound delegates will choose to support. And the VI does not count as far as the natural reading of the RNC rules, since it is not a state.

Brett85
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Perhaps Romney will win the GOP nomination by cheating. Cheating works, but Mitt Romney is not going to be president. If the GOP nominates Romney, then they are the "Biggest Loser."

There really shouldn't be a single Ron Paul supporter who votes for Romney in November given that Romney supports continued nation building in Afghanistan and has essentially promised a war with Iran.

bpitas
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Truthfully, we will not know whether or not he has a plurality until the convention itself and the nomination process takes place. A lot depends on whether or not the other candidates drop out and whom their unbound delegates will choose to support. And the VI does not count as far as the natural reading of the RNC rules, since it is not a state.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that the media keeps reporting Romney "won the Virgin Islands" because he got the most delegates. The lengths they'll go to in order to spin what happens to benefit Romney are amazing!

04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
There really shouldn't be a single Ron Paul supporter who votes for Romney in November given that Romney supports continued nation building in Afghanistan and has essentially promised a war with Iran.

Now in the primary Romney does. In the general, he will change his policy. Don't forget etch a sketch.