PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign To Stop Ron Paul

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/11/the-campaign-to.html

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Too late for Ron Paul to distance himself from the "fringe." We are his base.

me3
11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Sully is doing a good job, and I appreciate that he not only discusses Dr. Paul, but he also takes on the neo-con slanderers.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
is he mainstream?

MicroBalrog
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Then they fight you.

me3
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Sullivan is a very well known political blogger, and I believe he also writes Op-Eds.

He appears on Bill Maher a couple times a season as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sullivan

He's an important media ally to have.

DrNoZone
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
This whole thing is ridiculous! Anti-Semites and racists are people with RIGHTS too! It's no wonder they might like Dr. Paul's message of freedom for everyone!

BiPolarBear
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Sullivan is a very well known political blogger, and I believe he also writes Op-Eds.

He appears on Bill Maher a couple times a season as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sullivan

He's an important media ally to have.

Yeah, I've seen him on Real Time with Bill Maher a few times. I was a little disappointed when he was on a few weeks ago and had many good opportunities to bring him up, but didn't. His blog has been on fire with Ron Paul stories lately though. I added his RSS to my Google home page even.

me3
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
We have to understand that these bloggers, pundits and reporters cannot be seen to show too much favoritism too early to a particular candidate.

It's bad for their careers if the candidate doesn't get nominated, and it brings into question their positioning and objectivity.

Take Olbermann for instance. People get frustrated that he doesn't promote Ron, but he does promote almost everything Ron is for. That is almost as good as an endorsement, think of it as "unintended propaganda".

jgmaynard
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Don't you folks see the GOOD news in this?

The neocons are using the fact that a couple of dweebs who have stupid views contributed money to the campaign. And we are geeks.

That's the best they've got.

Um... Yeah...

JM

ronpaulitician
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Too bad Sullivan supports Obama.

Still, he'll be a good ally during the primaries, and, if Hillary wins the Democratic ticket, he'll be a good ally during the general election as well.

cliche
11-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Even Sullivan ends up saying the Paul campaign needs to address this issue and return some donations. The longer the campaign ignores this "issue" the bigger it will become and the more people will read into it. Dr. Paul could knock this out of the park with a simple press release.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Too bad Sullivan supports Obama.

Still, he'll be a good ally during the primaries, and, if Hillary wins the Democratic ticket, he'll be a good ally during the general election as well.

Why would he support Obama?

Richandler
11-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I think the campaign does need to get on the issues he talks about. I've heard it from Cafferty and now from Sullivan, the campaign it self needs to go prime time. I'm not sure what that means. I think it means more aggressive contact with the press, but who knows.

DrRich
11-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Look, as RP becomes more and more popular, more and more and attacks will come.
put on a teflon suit and move on. RP will.