PDA

View Full Version : How to Have a Great Ron Paul Rally -- Music!

helmuth_hubener
04-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I was at the Ron Paul rally in Madison, Wisconsin last week. Wow, it was amazing. First time I've ever seen Ron in person. We set the record of largest rally up to that point, depending which count you believe (I myself could not tell you, but it was a LOT!). Of course, not a week later and Chico State shows us up and steals our title. Drat. If things keep growing like this, they'll need to start booking stadiums!

So, starting an hour or two before the rally started the Memorial Union staff got their sound system going and started playing music. The music was, for the most part, uninspired. I talked to them afterwards and it turns out one of the staff had a Rhapsody account and just pressed play on it, so that's why. There were also technical difficulties: the music was streaming from someone's phone (with the Rhapsody app) to the PA system, and the thick walls of the building were interfering with the wireless, so they started playing "Born in the USA" shortly before we were scheduled to start, and people are kind of excited and cheer (finally, a good/topical one!) and then it cuts out. Eventually it starts up again, then cuts out again. After Ron Paul's speech, "Born in the USA" starts up again, and again it quits. Then starts again, and again quits.

Anyway, this is a very long story and probably not all the interesting, but it lead up to this: if only I had brought a Ron Paul Mix CD! The event was incredibly awesome anyway: so many solid freedom-loving people (troops for Ron Paul, youth for Ron Paul, we even had a guy holding up a big homemade sign that said "Bankers for Ron Paul" -- don't get many of those!), so much enthusiasm, and Dr. Paul himself was on fire! But I think that some Ron Paul Jams running in the background could only have improved things that much more.

So, without further ado, I present to you a torrent of 401 Ron Paul Songs, including a ready-made playlist for burning onto a CD for your own upcoming local rally. Although your favorites will no doubt differ from mine, if you're just in a hurry it might be helpful. I spent quite a bit of time putting this together, so I hope you will all enjoy it.

http://remote.utorrent.com/tiny/umLbdk