PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: Supreme Court "Strips" Americans of Their 4th Amendment Rights?

Tyler_Durden
04-04-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.fox19.com/story/17338135/reality-check-supreme-court-strips-americans-of-their-4th-amendment-rights

TheGrinch
04-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm normally with Ben 100%, but I just have a really hard time getting outraged by this... If you go to jail, then it's pretty clear that your normal rights as a citizen do not apply, outside of cruel and unusual punishment. When you're holding hundreds to thousands of offenders, you have to maintain a level of safety for the officers. They have rights too to not have to worry about getting stabbed when they go to work.

Further, it said the guy sued for an unconsitutional strip search? Clearly this was a matter of false arrest.

The Patroit Act assaults the 4th amendment far more, so I just see this as a non-issue. Don't do the crime if you don't wanna do the time... And if it turns out you're innocent, then if all you had was a couple guys asking you to get naked and lift your sack, you're far more fortunate than most who end up in jail, innocent or guilty.

DamianTV
04-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Wait, we have Rights? What does that mean? Oh yeah, to the government, NOTHING!

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
What they are not telling you... strip search also means CAVITY search.

There are 10 states that do not allow strip/cavity searches...

The sheeple are shaped into the thinking of Guilty Until Proven innocent and everyone that is a suspect is a criminal.

It's all done by government in incriments