PDA

View Full Version : PPP: Romney takes the lead in Pennsylvania

RonPaulFanInGA
04-04-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/04/romney-takes-the-lead-in-pennsylvania.html

04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Ron isn't going to get 9%. It'll be more than double that. He got 16% here last time when the media already called the race over.

Keith and stuff
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Ron isn't going to get 9%. It'll be more than double that. He got 16% here last time when the media already called the race over.

There were only 2 candidates last time. There may be as many as 4 this time. There are a lot of factors in play. If Santorum campaigns a lot of PA and the race is close, that could hurt Paul.

Anyway, if Romney wins PA, that's a horrible sign.

MelissaCato
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Ron isn't going to get 9%. It'll be more than double that. He got 16% here last time when the media already called the race over. Ya, and last campaign that 16% was mostly canvassing because the MSM only aired Ron Paul after he ended his campaign. Except for Russia Today they aired him from the start of his 2008 campaign. If everyone continued canvassing up till now and with the decent amount of MSM airtime over the years. Ya, I agree, we can pass 2008 totals. JMO.

LenyMartin
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM

It was also only a 2 man race in 2008 by then, and Ron Paul CAMPAIGNED in Pennsylvania in 2008, unlike this year. Plus, none of the other candidates grew up in Pennsylvania and Was elected to the House and then Senate for Pennsylvania in 2008 either. There is no way he gets 16%. you are delusional. And your delusions will make you whine about a non-existent fraud when he gets 9%.

Titus
04-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow... another first negative post. They are coming out of the woodwork.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
There were 3 candidates on the ballot last time. You're all forgetting Huckabee.

I'm most certainly not delusional.

It doesn't matter one bit if Romney wins the straw poll. RNC delegates are directly elected.

Scott_in_PA
04-04-2012, 10:02 PM
RNC delegates are directly elected.

^:D

parocks
04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
It was also only a 2 man race in 2008 by then, and Ron Paul CAMPAIGNED in Pennsylvania in 2008, unlike this year. Plus, none of the other candidates grew up in Pennsylvania and Was elected to the House and then Senate for Pennsylvania in 2008 either. There is no way he gets 16%. you are delusional. And your delusions will make you whine about a non-existent fraud when he gets 9%.

Paul and Gingrich both lived in PA for a while. But the situation in PA is different now than in 2008.

We really kinda do want Santorum to win in PA. The difference between 9% and 16% is 0 delegates.

PA is a state where you vote for the delegate. I would assume that our delegate slate is posted somewhere?

Gravik
As much as I hate Santorum, I'd much rather he win Penn than Romney.

Keith and stuff
There were 3 candidates on the ballot last time. You're all forgetting Huckabee.

I didn't forget about him. There were only two candidates last time. Huckabee dropped out 6 weeks before the PA Primary. The Huckabee voters knew he wasn't still running. They decided that a protest vote for Huckabee was more meaningful than voting for McCain, the nominee, or Ron Paul, the protest candidate.

He has less support in PA, currently, than he has nationally.

04-04-2012, 10:14 PM
You're all losing your minds. Listen to yourselves. "I want Santorum to win" "Vote for Santorum"

This needs to stop.

Support Ron and vote for him end of story.

I went to the movies today and saw 3 Ron Paul yard signs, 4 Ron Paul bumper stickers. I haven't seen one for any other GOP candidate here ever.

Ron got 25% of my county in 2008.

JJ2
04-04-2012, 10:19 PM
This confirms that last night effectively ended the race. If Santorum cannot even win his home state, it's all over. Romney will get to 1,144 very soon.

MelissaCato
04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
LOL all I see are Ron Paul stickers and signs too. Prolly 1/4 the state doesnt have TV or cell phones or internet ... soo this is a good thing!! Ron Paul 2012!!

TheGrinch
04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
You're all losing your minds. Listen to yourselves. "I want Santorum to win" "Vote for Santorum"

This needs to stop.

Support Ron and vote for him end of story.

I went to the movies today and saw 3 Ron Paul yard signs, 4 Ron Paul bumper stickers. I haven't seen one for any other GOP candidate here ever.

Ron got 25% of my county in 2008.
It's pretty much only parocks and a few trolls who truly support this idea....

And in some cases it might not be the worst strategy, but as I told him before, unless it comes out of Dr. Paul's mouth himself, then people simply are not going to forfeit their opportunity to vote for Dr. Paul and cast a ballot for a guy we despise. It's jsut not realistic, and is frankly getting quite annoying pushing it ad-nauseum.

digitaldean
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
These are the numbers from 2008:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=PA

04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
These are the numbers from 2008:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=PA

My bad, Ron got 26% of my county, not 25%. :D

Best in the state.

jacmicwag
04-04-2012, 10:52 PM
As tough as it is to say, history will show (hopefully) that our impact was significant. What else can you do?

04-04-2012, 10:55 PM
As tough as it is to say, history will show (hopefully) that our impact was significant. What else can you do?

Nothing more. Vote for who you believe is the best candidate. We are making a profound difference.

tuggy24g
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Voting for delegates is the only way to help Ron Paul win PA. There are a good amount of us who will be working the polls in CD8. The idea is to not let anyone know we are Ron Paul supporters. Are goal is to try to promote the Ron Paul delegates so people will vote for them. We are not going to try to get Ron Paul votes in PA at all. We could care less about that.

cmo4ever
04-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Our getting to an open convention involved Romney not getting to 1144. If Santorum is doing this badly I'm not sure Romney wont get there.

Lindsey
04-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Since our delegates are unbound, they won't have Ron's name next to theirs on the screen. I know who our delegates are in my district, but how are we making others aware of who they need to vote for is they want Ron to win?

kathy88
04-05-2012, 04:45 AM

More erectile dysfunction.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Since our delegates are unbound, they won't have Ron's name next to theirs on the screen. I know who our delegates are in my district, but how are we making others aware of who they need to vote for is they want Ron to win?

Lindsey this is being taken care of. The delegates are campaigning hard to get their names out there ON THE ISSUES.

tbone717
04-05-2012, 06:41 AM

Delegates essentially need to campaign for votes like this is a school board or other local election. There need to be people at each polling location with a flyer featuring our delegate slate meeting & greeting voters as they come to the polls.

tuggy24g
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Delegates essentially need to campaign for votes like this is a school board or other local election. There need to be people at each polling location with a flyer featuring our delegate slate meeting & greeting voters as they come to the polls.

That is what we are trying to promote all over PA. Man a poll and help promote the delegates not Ron Paul. Also the delegates in are calling them self Liberty.

WilliamC
04-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Despite what the MSM tells us about the official number of delegates, Ron Paul will be the kingmaker during the convention in Tampa so long as he continues to build momentum and we continue to support him.

Romney knows he can't win without Ron Paul's support, but he also knows that his own party would rather him lose to Obama rather than give Ron Paul more influence.

Tampa will be very interesting.

CTRattlesnake
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Despite what the MSM tells us about the official number of delegates, Ron Paul will be the kingmaker during the convention in Tampa so long as he continues to build momentum and we continue to support him.

Romney knows he can't win without Ron Paul's support, but he also knows that his own party would rather him lose to Obama rather than give Ron Paul more influence.

Tampa will be very interesting.

You are extremely naive.

You do realize that if Romney gets 1,144 delegates on the first ballot, Ron has no power at all. He means nothing to the GOP establishment. He's not going to be a kingmaker, or anything else...he's just going to lose.

If people dont start waking up to the fact that Romney is about to close this out, were all going to be sitting on our couches watching Romney and Obama argue over who would have signed NDAA faster in October.

04-05-2012, 07:24 AM
The idea is to not let anyone know we are Ron Paul supporters.

You're going to have a lot of trouble doing that. I don't know how experienced you are with politics here, but every polling location will have an establishment GOP person there. They'll ask if you are voting GOP and hand you a delegate card with the establishment picks for delegates. If you are there trying to do the same but with different delegates you'll be pegged as Ron Paul people right away.

But good luck to you, I hope it works out.

If I stand at the polls this year, I'll just be forthright about who I support and have a RP delegate cards. RP got 26% of my county last time, so I don't really see a need to pretend.

You are extremely naive.

You do realize that if Romney gets 1,144 delegates on the first ballot, Ron has no power at all. He means nothing to the GOP establishment. He's not going to be a kingmaker, or anything else...he's just going to lose.

If people dont start waking up to the fact that Romney is about to close this out, were all going to be sitting on our couches watching Romney and Obama argue over who would have signed NDAA faster in October.

Seriously, you need to stop asking people to vote for Santorum. You aren't helping. Perhaps you should go join the Santorum campaign?

Brett85
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
And another new member gets banned simply for speaking the truth.

TheGrinch
04-05-2012, 07:45 AM
And another new member gets banned simply for speaking the truth.
No, clearly he got banned for personal attacks, calling people delusional whiners with his very first post, and continuing on his second. There is the right way to make a point, and he chose the wrong way.

I assume the mods are getting pretty tired of threads getting derailed because of disruptions from disrespectful people, so I'll stop before I contribute to that.

Pennsylvania
04-05-2012, 07:45 AM
A couple people changing their vote for Santorum isn't going to do anything. He's done anyway.

tbone717
04-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Romney is the only candidate with a full slate of delegates (source (http://articles.mcall.com/2012-03-21/news/mc-rick-santorum-pa-delegates-2012-20120321_1_santorum-campaign-rick-santorum-potential-delegates)). Therefore, Romney can lose the state, but win the most delegates. PA delegates are unbound, so any delegate counts that come out of PA are merely projections, however, since the delegates will be known Romney, Santorum or Paul people the estimates will be pretty close to reality.

04-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Romney is the only candidate with a full slate of delegates (source (http://articles.mcall.com/2012-03-21/news/mc-rick-santorum-pa-delegates-2012-20120321_1_santorum-campaign-rick-santorum-potential-delegates)). Therefore, Romney can lose the state, but win the most delegates. PA delegates are unbound, so any delegate counts that come out of PA are merely projections, however, since the delegates will be known Romney, Santorum or Paul people the estimates will be pretty close to reality.

Ron Paul has a full slate of delegates in PA, it came down to the wire, but everyone got it done.

tbone717
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Ron Paul has a full slate of delegates in PA, it came down to the wire, but everyone got it done.

Great news. Is there a source on that?

Paul or not at all
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM
No, clearly he got banned for personal attacks, calling people delusional whiners with his very first post, and continuing on his second. There is the right way to make a point, and he chose the wrong way.

I assume the mods are getting pretty tired of threads getting derailed because of disruptions from disrespectful people, so I'll stop before I contribute to that.

Lets ban the new members that promote voting for Santorum, this is RON PAUL forums.

tuggy24g
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
You're going to have a lot of trouble doing that. I don't know how experienced you are with politics here, but every polling location will have an establishment GOP person there. They'll ask if you are voting GOP and hand you a delegate card with the establishment picks for delegates. If you are there trying to do the same but with different delegates you'll be pegged as Ron Paul people right away.

But good luck to you, I hope it works out.

If I stand at the polls this year, I'll just be forthright about who I support and have a RP delegate cards. RP got 26% of my county last time, so I don't really see a need to pretend.

I know the fact that we are out numbered. So your basically telling people not to do anything. If we do nothing then we have already lost. What about SOPA. If we did nothing about it then it would of passed. People spoke out about it and we got it denied. We have to man a poll and do what ever we can do get are delegates promoted. If we do nothing then your might as well let Romney or Obama kill what little left we have. We are all here for a cause and that is for Peace, Liberty, and sound economy. I will be fighting in PA and I hope you will all do the same with me here in PA

04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Great news. Is there a source on that?

It was on here right after the challenge period ended.

04-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I know the fact that we are out numbered. So your basically telling people not to do anything. If we do nothing then we have already lost. What about SOPA. If we did nothing about it then it would of passed. People spoke out about it and we got it denied. We have to man a poll and do what ever we can do get are delegates promoted. If we do nothing then your might as well let Romney or Obama kill what little left we have. We are all here for a cause and that is for Peace, Liberty, and sound economy. I will be fighting in PA and I hope you will all do the same with me here in PA

NO! I'm not telling you not to do anything. I'm just telling you what to expect on the ground at the poll on election day.

Brett85
04-05-2012, 10:54 AM

That's true. He could've made his point more respectfully. I'm still not sure if he should've actually been banned for it though. Maybe a warning from the mods would've been better to start off with.

Ivash
04-05-2012, 10:59 AM
I think the idea behind Dr. Paul only getting 9% is that not many people voted last time for McCain since the race was over by then. Who is going to waste time voting when the election's over?

carterm
04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
new Quinnipac poll has santorum up by 4, fwiw

MelissaCato
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Unbelievable this thread. Some of you people need to pull yourselves together.
RON PAUL 2012!!

RonPaulFanInGA
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
new Quinnipac poll has santorum up by 4, fwiw

That's still bad news for Santorum, because of the trends. Santorum went from a fourteen point Pennsylvania lead in the Quinnipiac poll, to a six point lead, to a four point lead...

04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I think the idea behind Dr. Paul only getting 9% is that not many people voted last time for McCain since the race was over by then. Who is going to waste time voting when the election's over?

Plenty of people were at the polls in 2008. I saw them voting. We have other primaries beside president going on here.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Paul and Gingrich both lived in PA for a while. But the situation in PA is different now than in 2008.

We really kinda do want Santorum to win in PA. The difference between 9% and 16% is 0 delegates.

PA is a state where you vote for the delegate. I would assume that our delegate slate is posted somewhere?

No, our delegates are NOT posted anywhere. You need to contact your CD coordinator and get the information from them. Each CD had "delegate cards" printed that tout the conservative values of our guys on the down low. We really don't want their names publicized. Too much opposition. If you can't get a hold of someone, pm me and I'll get you the information, as well as cards for you to hand out if you want them.

PaulSoHard
04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I hope Santorum does some intense campaigning down there. I have to give him credit for being a really hard worker, especially with what he did around Iowa.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
I hope Santorum does some intense campaigning down there. I have to give him credit for being a really hard worker, especially with what he did around Iowa.

Yeah it must be exhausting travelling the US telling lie after lie and trying to remember them all. Intense.

PaulSoHard
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah it must be exhausting travelling the US telling lie after lie and trying to remember them all. Intense.
ah that's definitely true too. But if Santorum wasn't in the race at this point it would be an even tougher road to the nomination. Right now the goal is to deny Romney the 1144 he needs

TheGrinch
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
ah that's definitely true too. But if Santorum wasn't in the race at this point it would be an even tougher road to the nomination. Right now the goal is to deny Romney the 1144 he needs
Disagree... If it was only Romney and Paul in the race before now, then it would have only exposed Romney's weaknesses even more... In a 4 man race, he's been able to sit comfortable with the "anti-Romney" vote split.

kathy88
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Disagree... If it was only Romney and Paul in the race before now, then it would have only exposed Romney's weaknesses even more... In a 4 man race, he's been able to sit comfortable with the "anti-Romney" vote split.

THIS +rep

04-05-2012, 06:26 PM

WHAT? Santorum is the one who started all the problems with his media induced fake surge in IA. Ron would be in a much better place if Santorum stayed at the 3% he had prior.