PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo gets some luvin'

Bradley in DC
11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2007/11/hotline_after_d_300.html#more

Hotline After Dark -- Nothing To Fear But ...

Tom Tancredo was in the "Situation Room" to discuss his new ad airing in IA:

Asked if he's using fear to get votes: "I'm using reality. I am asking all of the candidates who are involved in this race -- anybody who thinks they should be president of the United States had better pay attention to this. Do you think ... that this is not a serious issue? Do you think that there is a candidate out there who should not discuss this? I want them to discuss it. I want to know what they are going to do about it. Specifically, do they have the guts to do what is necessary to do to protect this country? And if not, they don't deserve to be president. And they sure as heck should be forced into discussing it."

Asked if this is an act of "desperation": "Never, ever did I expect to be a top-tier candidate. Certainly at this point in time. Never. I am not surprised by this. And it's certainly -- it is nothing new. All I'm saying to you is this: I believe my candidacy, at 1 percent or 2 percent, I believe my candidacy has forced the issue of immigration to the top tier of debate topics. I will tell you that. And now I'm trying to force it to the next level, to the really important part of this debate. And you know what? Whether it gets me 1 percent or no percent, it doesn't matter. Is the issue something we as presidential candidates, we as a nation, should be confronting? I certainly believe that's true. And I don't care whether this runs my numbers up or down."

Asked if he likes any of the candidates on this issue: "All are weak sisters, unfortunately" (CNN, 11/13).

He was also on "Hannity & Colmes":

Tancredo: "It has nothing to do with the politics of fear. It has everything to with everything that is accurate and what is true. ... And somebody has to say."

On his ad: "Do you think there are people who are not here that are not bound and determined to do what is portrayed there? ... Do you think because it hasn't happened yet, it won't?"

More: "I think if you're going to run for president ... you had better tell people what you're going to do about this problem because I'm telling you it superceeds all other things -- it's more important than health care, it's more important than education policy, it's more important than trade, it's more important than anything -- because what does all of that matter if you do not do what is necessary to protect this country with every ounce of your being" (FNC, 11/13).

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Funny how Ron Paul was never invited on Hannity & Colmes

Hannity is an asshole