PDA

View Full Version : LOL New All Time Low from the MSM

JacobSzumniak
04-04-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46956132/ns/business-oil_and_energy/

Headlines aside, $4 gas isn't that big of a deal

CNBC now has an article that $4 and rising gas prices arent really even a big deal. Come on people now they are just throwing it in your faces.

CTRattlesnake
04-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Thats pretty bad...but i think the fact that Bill Oreilly remains the most watched news castor takes the cake for sure.

PolicyReader
04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Thats pretty bad...but i think the fact that Bill Oreilly remains the most watched news castor takes the cake for sure.
Just seeing bills name in the same sentence with "news" not interposed by "isn't" makes a kitten cry itself to sleep :(

Tyler_Durden
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Reminds me of an article I read last week about plans for drones to deliver tacos. See everybody, Drones are our friends. :eek:

Blue
04-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Is this guy serious? Does he think that only the price of gas is going up?

"Families should be able to afford $4/gallon gas." NOT IF EVERYTHING ELSE COSTS MORE MONEY TOO
People are struggling to meet ends meet and this asshole basically says that we shouldn't be complaining about it and that we should deal with it.
MSM scumbaggery at its finest.

CTRattlesnake
04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Is this guy serious? Does he think that only the price of gas is going up?

"Families should be able to afford $4/gallon gas." NOT IF EVERYTHING ELSE COSTS MORE MONEY TOO
People are struggling to meet ends meet and this asshole basically says that we shouldn't be complaining about it and that we should deal with it.
MSM scumbaggery at its finest.

I'd almost rather be indefinitely detained and then told to shut up, i dont get a lawyer

Blue
04-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I'd almost rather be indefinitely detained and then told to shut up, i dont get a lawyer

"Lawyers?! WHO LISTENS TO THOSE GUYS ANYMORE?!"
^Next MSNBC article headline.

CTRattlesnake
04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
"Constitution?! WHO LISTENS TO THAT ANYMORE?!"
^Next MSNBC article headline.

Fixed

Blue
04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Fixed

Well that's a win if I have ever seen one.

Carlybee
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I know some liberals who think taxing gas up to $10 a gallon would be awesome.

Blue
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Make sure you let them know that they're part of the problem.

noneedtoaggress
04-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Reminds me of an article I read last week about plans for drones to deliver tacos. See everybody, Drones are our friends. :eek:

Tacocopter (http://www.tacocopter.com)? That's a group of private individuals attempting to develop a new model of food delivery. The government is blocking them. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/tacocopter-startup-delivers-tacos-by-unmanned-drone-helicopter_n_1375842.html)

Tacos > Bombs.

neverseen
04-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Buddy of mine want's it at 10 a gal min just to force the nation off of oil.

James Madison
04-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Buddy of mine want's it at 10 a gal min just to force the nation off of oil.

And when the price of food quadruples, and he can no longer afford to eat, then what?

thoughtomator
04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
that article is some pretty desperate-sounding propaganda, it would be interesting to find out where it originated as it is very easy to spot as the likely product of government/political party-media cooperation

some of the stuff in that article is really mindbendingly stupid (e.g. "Oh, and it's not really $4 gal, it's $3.64/gal of 2007 dollars") - well duh the problem is not high gas price, but low dollar value

one cannot accidentally or innocently be as disingenuous as that article is - it's an interesting propaganda study

BlackTerrel
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
That's one guys opinion. I can find you ten MSM articles that say how terrible rising gas prices are.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
The Obama narrative

GeorgiaAvenger
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
That's one guys opinion. I can find you ten MSM articles that say how terrible rising gas prices are.True enough

Kylie
04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
And when the price of food quadruples, and he can no longer afford to eat, then what?

Well, he hasn't thought that far ahead. You can thank the government indocrina....I mean the public school system for that.

Tell your buddy when the shit goes down, there is girl on the internet that says he will be one of the first people we eat.

Fucking idiot.

mczerone
04-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Darwin wins?

anaconda
04-04-2012, 08:59 PM

Hopefully burritos too.

Darguth
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM

We'll see how awesome they think it is when they are paying $4 for a potato.

Oh wait, who am I kidding, if we taxed gas up to $10 a gallon we'd probably also be up to like a 60% income tax...no one would really pay for anything. The government would "provide" potatoes. With our money...

Anti Federalist
04-04-2012, 09:33 PM

LoL at "news castor".

He will give you your daily dose of propaganda and then help you easily move heavy furniture.

No Free Beer
04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, Europe has always had much higher gas prices than us.

That being said, both sides will always justify their own party, when years earlier, they were bashing that same issue when it was turned the other way.

This is what they do. They pit us against each other.

Only fools fall for such shit.

I don't watch or read anything from the MSM. I highly suggest you do the same.

Not only that, but im incredibly skeptical of the MSM after reading about Operation Mockingbird.

For all we know, someone like Anderson Cooper, who did intern at the CIA, could be an agent.

Who knows? Why put myself through that.

No Free Beer
04-04-2012, 09:37 PM
We'll see how awesome they think it is when they are paying $4 for a potato.

Oh wait, who am I kidding, if we taxed gas up to $10 a gallon we'd probably also be up to like a 60% income tax...no one would really pay for anything. The government would "provide" potatoes. With our money...

you say "potato." I say "patAto."

Wait, what?

Xhin
04-04-2012, 09:45 PM
That's great but the problem with 4$ gas was that it impacted shipping costs. Unlike personal cars, tractor trailers aren't built for fuel economy. With rising gas prices, companies that rely on cheap shipping costs are going to make their products more expensive, which is why when gas was 4$ a gallon before, so was milk and other basic commodities were also more expensive. Having to pay more on basic needs means that you have less money to spend on other goods if you're poor, which definitely impacts the economy.

Anyone who thinks high gas prices only impacts personal transportation is an idiot.