PDA

View Full Version : '9/11 planners' set for Guantanamo Bay trial

donnay
04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
'9/11 planners' set for Guantanamo Bay trial
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17617956

The US has formally sent to trial five suspected al-Qaeda militants believed to have planned the 9/11 terror attacks.

The five Guantanamo Bay inmates, including alleged mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, will be tried by a military commission.

They will face charges including terrorism, hijacking, conspiracy, murder and destruction of property.

They could face the death penalty if found guilty, the Pentagon confirmed.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the four others - Waleed bin Attash, Ramzi Binalshibh, Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali and Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi - are expected to be tried together, the Pentagon added.

They are accused of planning and executing the terror attacks of 11 September 2001, which saw hijacked planes strike New York, Washington and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

A total of 2,976 people died in the attacks.

The five suspects are to hear their charges read out before a military court within 30 days, and are expected to be asked to enter a plea.

The decision to refer the charges to a military commission comes after a lengthy legal wrangle over where the five men would face justice.

In 2009 the Obama administration tried to move their trial into US civilian courts, but reversed its decision in April 2011 after widespread opposition.

The five were eventually charged in June 2011 with offences similar to those they were accused of by the Bush administration.

US President Barack Obama came into office in 2009 pledging to close Guantanamo Bay and try high-value terror suspects in US civilian courts.

But he was forced to abandon the closure plans as it became apparent that the issue of where to imprison and try al-Qaeda suspects had no easy resolution.

The Pentagon has previously said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed admitted he was responsible "from A to Z" for the 9/11 attacks.

In a previous court hearing he has said that he intended to plead guilty and would welcome martyrdom.
Torture claim

He was captured in Pakistan in March 2003 and has been detained at Guantanamo Bay since 2006.

US prosecutors allege that he was involved with a host of other terrorist activities.

These include the 2002 nightclub bombing in Bali, Indonesia, the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl and a failed 2001 attempt to blow up an airliner using a shoe bomb.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has alleged that he was repeatedly tortured during his detention in Cuba. CIA documents confirm that he was subjected to simulated drowning, known as waterboarding, 183 times.

Also facing trial are: Waleed bin Attash, a Yemeni; Ramzi Binalshibh, a Yemeni who allegedly helped find flight schools for the hijackers; Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali, accused of helping nine of the hijackers travel to the US; and Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi, a Saudi, accused of helping set up the hijackers with money, clothes and credit cards.

tttppp
04-04-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm sure this trial will be fair.

If this was a fair trial I could easily get them acquitted.

moderate libertarian
04-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Conspiracy theorists are already questioning timing and why these trials news being pushed out now. To soon to know for sure if there is Obama handlers political motivation to change the subject from Afghan civilian massacre and claims of cover up.

donnay
04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Conspiracy theorists are already questioning timing and why these trials news being pushed out now. To soon to know for sure if there is Obama handlers political motivation to change the subject from Afghan civilian massacre and claims of cover up.

It is quite suspect. Not too many people fell for the fake Osama raid. So I guess the next step is (to keep 9/11 fresh in the peoples minds - FEAR! - FEAR!) drag these alleged "planners" into trial. I am sure after being tortured for years they have confessed to the Tate/LaBianca murders too. :rolleyes:

kill the banks
04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
this world is a cartoon

BlackTerrel
04-04-2012, 08:39 PM
It is quite suspect. Not too many people fell for the fake Osama raid. So I guess the next step is (to keep 9/11 fresh in the peoples minds - FEAR! - FEAR!) drag these alleged "planners" into trial. I am sure after being tortured for years they have confessed to the Tate/LaBianca murders too. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't this be the opposite of fear?

They're saying "hey Osama is dead and the five planners are in custody". Spreading fear would be to say the people who did this are still out there.

moderate libertarian
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Recently had read chatter that Obama political advisors were planning to recycle OBL and 9/11 news that could help Obama in election few months before elections. After recent Afghan failures, insider attacks, war crimes reports and civilians massacre, risk is that any news linked to Afghan war will bring it in people's focus that is risky for Obama's campaign advisors. As to fake OBL video, it is possible and trust in Obama's honesty is not too high among public but from what I had heard photos can be faked but videos cannot be faked. I'm not expert on this though.

Senators Seemingly Fooled By Fake Bin Laden Photo - ABC News
May 4, 2011 ... ABC News' Matthew Jaffe (@jaffematt) reports: For much of Wednesday, the
debate raged in Washington: should the Obama administration ...

abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/.../fake-osama-bin-laden-photo-fools-senators/

donnay
04-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't this be the opposite of fear?

They're saying "hey Osama is dead and the five planners are in custody". Spreading fear would be to say the people who did this are still out there.

Nope because the "Officials" will tell us our country will be on "High Alert" for retaliation and retribution of their comrades or some such nonsense. Remember a few years back they were going to hold a trial in New York and the panty wetters and hand wringers had a heart attack for fear of retribution.

But the administration’s decision to bring five Sept. 11 detainees onto United States soil for prosecution in the civilian legal system drew immediate fire from members of Congress as well as relatives of victims and neighbors of the federal courthouse.

They argued that Qaeda suspects did not deserve the protections afforded by the American criminal justice system, that bringing them into the United States would heighten the risk of another terrorist attack, that civilian trials increase the risk of disclosing classified information, and that if the detainees were acquitted they could be released into the population.

“We should not be increasing the danger of another terrorist strike against Americans at home and abroad,” said Representative Peter T. King, Republican of New York.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/14/us/14terror.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

donnay
04-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Recently had read chatter that Obama political advisors were planning to recycle OBL and 9/11 news that could help Obama in election few months before elections. After recent Afghan failures, insider attacks, war crimes reports and civilians massacre, risk is that any news linked to Afghan war will bring it in people's focus that is risky for Obama's campaign advisors. As to fake OBL video, it is possible and trust in Obama's honesty is not too high among public but from what I had heard photos can be faked but videos cannot be faked. I'm not expert on this though.

abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/.../fake-osama-bin-laden-photo-fools-senators/

Flashback:

Ex-Clinton strategist: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Talk about a bad analogy: Appearing on television recently, former Hillary Clinton campaign adviser and current public relations executive Mark Penn suggested that President Obama needs a moment “similar” to the tragic terrorist attack on the Oklahoma City federal building, in order to “reconnect” with voters.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/05/exclinton-strategist-obama-event-similar-okc-reconnect-voters/

BlackTerrel
04-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Nope because the "Officials" will tell us our country will be on "High Alert" for retaliation and retribution of their comrades or some such nonsense. Remember a few years back they were going to hold a trial in New York and the panty wetters and hand wringers had a heart attack for fear of retribution.

I don't know anybody that is particularly fearful because of this trial. In fact I have barely heard many people talk about it.

Spreading fear is saying the people that killed 3,000 Americans ten years ago are not only still out there but they are in our government, they are poisoning our water with fluoride, they are killing our kids with vaccines and they are plotting more false flag attacks in order to start another war. That is terrifying shit.

Saying we killed Osama and the planners are currently in custody is the opposite of spreading fear.

I'm not saying which is right. But the first hypothetical is much more fear promoting than the second hypothetical. And you're kidding yourself if you don't agree

donnay
04-05-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't know anybody that is particularly fearful because of this trial. In fact I have barely heard many people talk about it.

Spreading fear is saying the people that killed 3,000 Americans ten years ago are not only still out there but they are in our government, they are poisoning our water with fluoride, they are killing our kids with vaccines and they are plotting more false flag attacks in order to start another war. That is terrifying shit.

Saying we killed Osama and the planners are currently in custody is the opposite of spreading fear.

I'm not saying which is right. But the first hypothetical is much more fear promoting than the second hypothetical. And you're kidding yourself if you don't agree

SIGH...no I do not agree, nor am I kidding myself. I have taken the time to research and come to my own conclusions. This trial was to be started in 2009 until all the fear mongering started about holding in NY. The news clip is right above, read it.

The government as a whole did not par-take in 9/11, but factions within certainly did. They needed a new Pearl Harbor as a pretext for endless wars.

If you do not think sodium fluoride is a poison you haven't done your homework. Sodium fluoride is a toxic waste. It does not prevent tooth decay and it attacks your pineal gland and kills your thyroid. But don't take my word on it, do some research.

As far as vaccines are concern, autism is REAL. It's not contagious yet, it's an epidemic. Being it isn't contagious why do you suppose 1 in 80 children are becoming autistic? Thermisol and other adjuvents and other foreign ingredients in vaccines attack the gastrointestinal tracks of children. There is more evidence that you can reverse autism by diet and nutrition. Go to the health freedom section there are all kinds of articles and reports on vaccine dangers in there. Again, don't take my word on it, research it yourself.

As far as false flags are concerned, our country has been partaking in false flag operations for years. Here is an article that lays it all out-- History of American False Flag Operations (http://www.911review.com/articles/anon/false_flag_perations.html)

NewRightLibertarian
04-05-2012, 01:50 AM
If only the real 9/11 planners were to get a trial

Sometimes the truth is scary. The government spreads fear when it suits them, and they promote the narrative that they're the ones keeping you safe from these artificially generated fears.