PDA

View Full Version : Federal Judge Orders Obama To Recant By Noon Tomorrow (Classic!)

anaconda
04-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Will this make Obama look like a holier-than-thou elitist? Or simply a "man of The People?" I say the former is more likely. He'll look like some reckless President that doesn't understand how government works, and cares even less. This could hurt him in the election.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/04/judge-orders-justice-department-to-explain-obamas-comments/1#.T3zHp9VreUk

anaconda
04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Also, from a Devil's Advocate point of view, has the appeals judge over stepped his bounds here? As much as I despise Obama, I wonder if such an order for a letter is legally enforceable, for a number of reasons (1st Amendment, due process, etc.).

Zippyjuan
04-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Also, from a Devil's Advocate point of view, has the appeals judge over stepped his bounds here? As much as I despise Obama, I wonder if such an order for a letter is legally enforceable, for a number of reasons (1st Amendment, due process, etc.).

I was going to ask "Or else what..." if he doesn't.

anaconda
04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I was going to ask "Or else what..." if he doesn't.

Exactly. What if the letter is double-spaced rather than single spaced? But I also will be interested to see how this plays out for Obama's public image.

Zippyjuan
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Republicans will hate him and Democrats will love him pretty much no matter what he does.

It is too bad that more is not done similar to law and based on the merits of the case instead of the source itself. Neither side is always wrong or right though they would like to think so.

specsaregood
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder said today his office would respond "appropriately."

translation: have a fun vacation at gitmo, bitch.