PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should spend most of June in Montana

Havax
04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
If I was the campaign manager, this would be a no-brainer. Winning a state by the end of this thing would say a lot and show the nation that our movement is a real powerful force.

The Montana Republican 2012 caucuses will take place on June 14 to 16, 2012. The primary in Montana is being held June 5, but that's just the beauty test like in Missouri. A huge proportion of money should be focused here, TV ads, Iowa (traditional) style campaigning and holding Q/A townhalls. Ron Paul can and needs to win Montana. I know it's one of the last ones but we almost won it in 2008: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#MT Romney had 625 votes, Ron got 400 taking 2nd.

I understand Ron's campaign has now shifted to just visiting campuses and getting large crowds for the sake of sustaining this movement long-term with the youth, but I think he can leave a much more powerful statement by winning the state of Montana. As soon as the Texas primary ends on May 29, Ron should fly to Montana and do old style campaigning for those 2 weeks every single day. If he does this and we outspend the others there, we can do what we almost did in Maine. I know he's been working hard and needs a break, but he will soon be retired, and this will be his last chance to win a state before his name is just part of the political history books. He's easier to marginalize if they can just say "Ron Paul never won a single state". Let's make that not possible.

CTRattlesnake
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I second this

Especially since we need to win a plurality of delegates from at least 5 states. Montana could be key.

tsai3904
04-04-2012, 03:54 PM
To participate in the caucus, you have to be a Precinct Committeeman or Committeewoman. Many counties are requiring you to become one at least 60 days before the caucus.

If our supporters in Montana don't become PCs NOW, it won't matter too much if Ron campaigns there because most PCs are politically involved and already have their mind made up.

tsai3904
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Here's more info about the process in Montana:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324553-Montana-s-Advisory-Primary-Caucus-Process-and-How-to-Become-a-Delegate

seyferjm
04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I thought he should do this a while back. It seems like a good state for him, plus Chuck Baldwin lives there now.

bertr
04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah...one meaningless state at the end would certainly change all the 9%s in real states that matter!