PDA

View Full Version : Collecting data on how many delegates we have

greves
11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I have not seen a thread for this yet, please vote.

By the by, would anyone be willing to put together a website called "ronpauldelegates.com" with me, listing detailed state-by-state (or even district-by-district - as local as we can get) information gathered from here on the forums, party websites, calling, etc)?

We NEED something like this to explain what delegates are and help people simply click their state/district and find out how to become one.

Please PM me if you're interested. I would be willing to data-mine for information, if anyone out there with web skills can get the domain and design the site.

garrettwombat
11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
the problem is, no one seems to have any information around my area... our voting officer didnt even know how to become a deligate.

greves
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Call the GOP HQ for your state, or the Dept. of State.

Rocket80
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't really understand all the fuss about becoming a delegate...Don't you guys think the campaign is on top of this and taking care of it themselves?

I received a call a few weeks ago from campaign HQ asking me if I would be an alternate delegate in the 29th District of California and if I was a registered Republican and could finance my own trip to Minnesota next September. I said of course and that I'd be happy to. And I'm not even a delegate, I'm an alternate... so I have the utmost confidence in the campaign to take care of this in all areas of the country.

greves
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Rocket80: not to diss on HQ but... we are the campaign. If both parties are taking initiative, we can be SURE to win. If it's just HQ, well, then we don't really know what's going on.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
the problem is, no one seems to have any information around my area... our voting officer didnt even know how to become a deligate.

Call your state GOP
Call your Secretary of State

olehounddog
11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I have no idea what to do. I just e-mailed my local boe to ge info.

garrettwombat
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't really understand all the fuss about becoming a delegate...Don't you guys think the campaign is on top of this and taking care of it themselves?

dude did you not hear in the Philly rally where the campaign was practically begging us to become delegates... we cant just sit around and wait for it to happen, and we all know the campaign HQ isnt going to make it happen...

greves
11-15-2007, 03:47 AM
bump

greves
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
bump

Austin
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I plan to be a delegate and DO know what to do.

Well, not everything. I have a pretty good idea, but I am going to visit my elections office next month (after the meeting) to get more info.

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Wow, on one hand very forward thinking.

Oh wait, that would be for "delegates" who are chosen by the voters.

May I humbly suggest I think you mean "delegate candidates" if you are talking about the national Republican nominating convention?

You can put my name down. And, I suggested my parents and sister for Ohio.

If you are talking about state caucuses/conventions, then that should be more clear. I'm in a primary "state" with no "state" delegates.

cvaldiv1
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Here's some stupid questions, but as a delegate are you then required to attend the GOP national convention? This will be the first time I've ever voted in a primary, and still don't get how the whole process works. If a candidate wins a particular state (NH for example;)) do all the delegates for that state vote for the candidate that won popular vote for that state? or can the delegates still pick who they want?

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
If a candidate wins a particular state (NH for example;)) do all the delegates for that state vote for the candidate that won popular vote for that state? or can the delegates still pick who they want?

There is a section on the forum on primaries, caucuses, etc. In there, there are subfora on each of the specific states. The rules on whether (and for how long) delegates are "bound" to a candidate vary considerably by state as do the rules on whether the delegates are elected AL (At-Large) or not, etc.

Ron Paul Fan
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I might be a delegate but I'm too LAZY to find out what to do.

BeFranklin
11-18-2007, 05:08 PM
http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/becomedelegate.html

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
[url]http://www3.webng.com//url]

That site had ERRONEOUS information. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

Organizers for Dr. Paul around the country do everything they can to stop that virus.

You can see my debate with him here:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Your local meet-up organizers should have gotten information from the regional director in the last week, check with that person about becoming a delegate.