PDA

View Full Version : Delegate selection process begins early (Texas)

sailingaway
04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/03/3858672/delegate-selection-process-begins.html

digitaldean
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Are Paul people also running for Santorum to then switch on the second vote in FL? Since the goal is delegates and TX has 155 of them I would hope so. But that's just me.

Jeffster
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah, apparently my county decided to have ONE meeting at a hotel last Saturday with little to no announcement. =(

rockerrockstar
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Wonder why it started early? Could it be so that less people show up and they can pick anyone they want since no one is their to complain? Just a hunch.

Oddone
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm a delegate here in Texas. We started early due to re-districting that took place. It took so long, and there were so many issues we had to do it now. If we didn't we would have had two weeks to do, Precinct, Senate District and State. We are voting May 29th, which is months after we normally vote on Super Tuesday. So technically we started late, but early in the sense that precinct conventions normally take place the night of voting.

Also most counties are skipping Precinct conventions, with some doing them. Tarrant County had theirs last night. April 21st will be Senate District, June 7th-9th will be the State Convention.

TEXAS IS CRAZY THIS YEAR!

Edit: Also note that delegates are proportional this year. For every 2% of the vote you get, something like 1.5 delegates. So if we get 10% of the vote thats 15 bound delegates.

KMX
04-04-2012, 07:53 AM
<---- My wife, a friend from work, me and a few others became delegates for Ron Paul last night.

From what I know Tarrant County Texas did well in the precinct Conventions. I know of and herd several precincts had nobody show but a few RP supporters. They became PC and elected themselves delegates.

April 21st is the County Conventions. I moved my wedding date 1 day forward due to this. ;0) Delegates!!!

tfurrh
04-04-2012, 07:56 AM
<---- My wife, a friend from work, me and a few others became delegates for Ron Paul last night.

From what I know Tarrant County Texas did well in the precinct Conventions. I know of and herd several precincts had nobody show but a few RP supporters. They became PC and elected themselves delegates.

April 21st is the County Conventions. I moved my wedding date 1 day forward due to this. ;0) Delegates!!!
Way to go, man. I owe you a rep, but I have to spread some around first. :)

Alberst
04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
apparently my county decided to have ONE meeting at a hotel last Saturday with little to no announcement

CowTown
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I live here in Fort Worth (Tarrant County) and just elected my self and my other ron pauler friend as delegates for our precinct. That's 2 out of 3 for our precinct. The 3rd delegate had a pocket constitution on him though so it wouldn't surprise me if he was a good guy too, just going stealth like me. I know 2 precinct delegates is only a drop in the bucket but I'm pumped for the next convention!

Darguth
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Edit: Also note that delegates are proportional this year. For every 2% of the vote you get, something like 1.5 delegates. So if we get 10% of the vote thats 15 bound delegates.

So Texas is proportional based on the statewide vote rather than by congressional district? That seems like it's good for us :)

Tyler_Durden
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
As Precinct Chair, I say:

1st Rule of TX Convention is:

You DO NOT talk about Ron Paul.

2nd Rule of TX Convention is:

:D

digitaldean
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
As Precinct Chair, I say:

1st Rule of TX Convention is:

2nd Rule of TX Convention is:

:D

So can anyone be a delegate no matter of who you support? So technically we could have all 155 delegates be Paul people even if Paul comes in 2nd or 3rd but who will be forced to be for Santorum on the first vote in FL? If so please lets get as many out of the 155 as we can so we can flip for Paul the second vote. If you need to say you like Santorum/Mitt/Newt please try to do so.

drummergirl
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Only if we can get them on the final roster at the state convention. The SD and county conventions are going to operate more like caucuses, but not exactly. So, we all need to go, be early, and come prepared to stay a long time (water, snacks, etc)