PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has 6,200 people at his first town hall in California! Another record broken!

AngelClark
04-03-2012, 09:31 PM
2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul drew a remarkable 6,200-plus voters to the first of three town hall meetings he is holding in California this week, continuing his pattern of attracting large crowds of voters eager to hear his platform of constitutionally-limited government and restoring economic and civil liberties.

The 12-term Congressman from Texas’ town hall meeting took place at 7:00 p.m. PST at California State University, Chico’s Bell Memorial Student Union - Trinity Commons, located at 548 West Second Street, Chico, CA 95928.

http://exm.nr/Hk02ts

I need more pictures and video! Please send me what you have at sussexcountyangel@live.com We can't expect the other media to cover this, we have to do it ourselves.

RonRules
04-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Imagine the crowds tomorrow night in LA!

I'll be there!

PaulSoHard
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
amazzzzzzzzingggggggg!!!!

Okie RP fan
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Let's not forget the important issues:

-Making sure the majority of those people are registered Republican (if it's not too late).
-Passing out information for the upcoming money bomb (what information there is at this point).
-Making sure these people get out and vote when the time comes!

rp713
04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
pics?

sailingaway
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul drew a remarkable 6,200-plus voters to the first of three town hall meetings he is holding in California this week, continuing his pattern of attracting large crowds of voters eager to hear his platform of constitutionally-limited government and restoring economic and civil liberties.

The 12-term Congressman from Texas’ town hall meeting took place at 7:00 p.m. PST at California State University, Chico’s Bell Memorial Student Union - Trinity Commons, located at 548 West Second Street, Chico, CA 95928.

http://exm.nr/Hk02ts

I need more pictures and video! Please send me what you have at sussexcountyangel@live.com We can't expect the other media to cover this, we have to do it ourselves.

someone just posted this on another thread:

http://distilleryimage9.instagram.com/149e2ad07e0011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

James Madison
Hope we can get 500,000 votes in the primary. Let's make it happen!

rp713
i found this pic here: http://www.examiner.com/elections-2010-in-wilmington/ron-paul-breaks-another-record-with-6-200-people-attending-a-town-hall-ca?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_lightbox/hash/2c/0d/2c0d808c570e0c34d55c4ca3ab09cf44.jpg

rp713
04-03-2012, 09:44 PM
@smartpeople4ronpaul posted this on twitter

https://p.twimg.com/Apm0lOECEAAzoWL.jpg:large

DerickVonD
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
How are the people in Cali? What I mean is are there usually a lot of young voters and what about independents? I hope Cali isn't another repeat of Maryland.

sailingaway
04-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Ron can get delegates by district, and this time he is here before the cut off for voter registration which isn't until May. And when you sign up for ticket vouchers they ask if you are a resident of CA and ask if you are a registered Republican.

J_White
04-03-2012, 10:09 PM
great to see this !!

seawolf
04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I told you all on several threads that CSU Chico would shock the world and the RP Nation tonight!!!!

6,200 WOW!!!!!! Way to go Wildcats!!!

Okay UCLA!!! Show us what you have!!! Can you fill the 10,000 capacity at the Los Angeles Tennis Straus Center tomorrow night?

The challenge has been laid down by a town that is just 1/100th the size of Los Angeles. Good Luck!!!

Chico you are JUST AMAZING!!!!!

jemuf
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM

-Making sure the majority of those people are registered Republican (if it's not too late).
-Passing out information for the upcoming money bomb (what information there is at this point).

All he has to do is ask.

sailingaway
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
All he has to do is ask.

they DO ask.

Constitutional Paulicy
04-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice article Angel. Where did the head count of 6,200 originate from?

AngelClark
04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
It came from Ron Paul's press people. I take their word for it over what anyone else says

rockerrockstar
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
That is great. Imagine if Ron wins California. That would shock the GOP.

rockerrockstar
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
someone just posted this on another thread:

http://distilleryimage9.instagram.com/149e2ad07e0011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

Wow

csu1987
04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Holy crap! I didn't realize that it was this big. But when the sun started to go down THE ENTIRE AREA WAS PACKED!

Here's my recap-

"Hey, i'm a member of the rp meetup here in town. We have a really good meetup, about 20-30 people always show up for pizza n beer every other friday night.
We're pretty active in tabling, handing out info and sign waving. Some of us are even trying to become delegates(even if romney wins the popular vote, we will be secret delegates and become unbound when the time is right).

So I went to this at CSUC and it was easilly 1000+ people if not more. Each section was like 100+ people and there were at least 10-12 sections of those, not including outskirt areas and people that were up by food tables, buildings, etc. My estimate was about 1,200 - 1,5000. Just before the sun went down it was VERY packed and the entire area was filled. Under the trees(which is harder to see, there were at least 200 people. I was near one of the speakers to the side of Ron, pretty close but I didn't get to shake his hand. It wasn't a huge deal, just getting to see him was cool enough. He was great and has a ton of energy for doing all of this touring. He's an amazingly fit guy! Hopefully I will be that fit when I get to be late 70s.

Lots of cheering and people who knew the issues. I arrived at about 5:50 and there were already hundreds of people and the front stage area of the grass was full! I had to be on the side, luckilly I got a good spot about only 15 feet from Ron. We had two of our meetup guys who are members of YAL do some of the warm-up speaking, talking about Ron a bit, they did fine. Then Ron came walking down a pathway/isle and he started speaking at about 7:07pm and spoke for a good 45-50 minutes! He really got the crowd going, cheering and even booing at some of the stupid things obama has done. Ron did great!

Then he shook hands with a lot of people for about 10 minutes and went back into a side door to re-group and probably plan his dinner or take off for socal. Not sure what he did because I didn't stick around and didn't have a backstage pass like the YAL guys did.

Chico is a great town for school but not as cool as SoCal(i've lived there too) but it's still one of the nicer places up north and has lots of cute girls, politically minded people, etc.

I can answer any questions if people want to know anything else. Will check back here off and on tonight. I forgot my camera but others took pics and EVERYONE HAD A CAMERA.

Edit: our news just said, thousands showed up. ;]

We only found out saturday that he was coming and didn't have a lot of time to prepare. Tv media did report on sunday and monday that he would be coming, which is good. The ER newspaper also reported he would be coming. "

My original post
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369948-Ron-Paul-California-campus-tour!-UCBerkeley-UCLA-amp-CSU-Chico-State-back-2-back-2-back!/page6

csu1987
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM

I think the first one was mentioned. Some people around me were asking about forms to fill out to become a republican. We told them about the table set up and where it was to get those forms.

Don't think we had money bomb pamplet info but we did have tables set up with general Ron Paul pamphlet info.

We've mainly been concentrating on how to become delegates the past few weeks at the meetings, some are already in position.

I sort of wish the YAL guys said something about delegates and how to change the republican party, how we can do it if we just make an effort, etc. etc. And a money bomb reminder would have been cool too. We didn't have much time to prepare but look at all the people! Amazing.

rockerrockstar
04-03-2012, 11:53 PM
csu1987 glad you made it to the event. You were part of history. Wow that was a big crowd. Glad you could make it and are supporting Ron. Keep up the fight.

40oz
04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Here's the view from where I was standing. Sorry, all I had was my phone. The crowd just kept on growing! Ron Paul was brilliant, as usual. People in the crowd were discussing politics and I overheard a lot of people that were hearing of some of Paul's ideas for the first time. Quite a few brush fires were started...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8rLKILQHo

anaconda
04-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Imagine the crowds tomorrow night in LA!

I'll be there!

I think the amphitheater is small at UCLA.

Update: They moved it to a larger venue.

anaconda
04-04-2012, 12:24 AM
No offense, but the photos don't look like 6200. Looks like a few hundred. Maybe the photos aren't panoramic enough.

anaconda
04-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Okay UCLA!!! Show us what you have!!! Can you fill the 10,000 capacity at the Los Angeles Tennis Straus Center tomorrow night?

Did they switch to a larger venue? I thought it was in their small amphitheater

Update: They moved to a bigger venue.

S.Shorland
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
A few sound issues but a really great speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTlH20v7szI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhvxtUkrQs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5rWNcYwGIw&feature=relmfu

40oz
04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
No offense, but the photos don't look like 6200. Looks like a few hundred. Maybe the photos aren't panoramic enough.

I would have guessed there were around 1,500 to 2,000 people there. I could be way under on my guess though. It was outside so people sprawled out quite a bit. It's Cali man, we spread out and get comfy.

csu1987
04-04-2012, 12:36 AM

Was easily at the very least a couple thousand(and that was before it filled up, before dark. Each tiny row was hundreds of people. I was their. I did see one of ron's grandsons on the side of the stage taking a panorama video picture of the crowd so i'm fairly certain they got it right. It got like a sardines thing pretty quick so it was jam packed.

Drex
04-04-2012, 06:11 AM
The new event location can hold 10k people.. I don't know if they're counting chairs on the ground level... or people standing in the aisles that could be 12k+

nobody's_hero
04-04-2012, 06:18 AM

Delegates! Don't forget to have them attend delegate conventions.

Athan
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
They tend to get those numbers from people signing in. So 6,200 people signed in at some point.

kathy88
04-04-2012, 07:33 AM
What time is the UCLA event?

Feelgood
04-04-2012, 07:41 AM

Exactly. Otherwise all these huge crowds don't amount to a hill of beans.

FSP-Rebel
04-04-2012, 08:48 AM
What time is the UCLA event?
8:30 pm Cali time

sailingaway
04-04-2012, 08:58 AM
8:30 pm Cali time

you can get in at 7:30 with a voucher, which you give up if you aren't there by 8.

anaconda
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Was easily at the very least a couple thousand(and that was before it filled up, before dark. Each tiny row was hundreds of people. I was their. I did see one of ron's grandsons on the side of the stage taking a panorama video picture of the crowd so i'm fairly certain they got it right. It got like a sardines thing pretty quick so it was jam packed.

I'm not keen on the official campaign reporting 6200 when it was half that. I'd actually prefer the accurate numbers. And thanks for your estimates. Obviously a very nice crowd, nonetheless!

anaconda
04-04-2012, 06:33 PM
They tend to get those numbers from people signing in. So 6,200 people signed in at some point.

People have to sign in????

sailingaway
04-04-2012, 06:35 PM
People have to sign in????

The early entry vouchers have a bar code. I'm sure the run them under a reader as people arrive, then estimate those who don't have vouchers. It isn't an ID thing, as far as I know you could sign in as Marmaduke on line and still get the voucher, so long as you had an email. Mind you, I gave my real name, so I have no idea if you have to, or not.

csu1987
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not keen on the official campaign reporting 6200 when it was half that. I'd actually prefer the accurate numbers. And thanks for your estimates. Obviously a very nice crowd, nonetheless!

What are you a troll??? I haven't been on here long but i've been on other forums and you sir sound like a troll/naysayer or shit starter. Either way a troll. The fact is, you weren't there, I was. It was well over what you're claiming and wanting it to be. Were you their? If not then STFU troll.

I'll back out now.

csu1987
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM

I'd defintely say were were around 5000+, because the entire cement areas got filled it later on as well.