PDA

View Full Version : Someone asked if I was sad

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I gave everything I had to give. Not just today.. sure... placing over 100 signs and handing out thousands of flyers at numerous polling locations only to end up sunburned and dehydrated was a task and a half but going back to 2007.. I have given everything I knew how to give. I gave money, I lead a group of 4 people into one of the largest groups in the state, I canvassed numerous towns, sign waved, called, lit dropped, been in local media numerous times, travelled to straw polls, been on radio shows.. I have spent thousands of hours on the road and even more just talking to people anywhere I could find them to listen. God knows I am not perfect and from time to time I dropped the ball but I always got up and dusted myself off and went back to it. Did I do it for a Congressman from Texas? As much as I love Ron Paul, the answer is no. After each mile travelled and every dollar spent and every person talked to I would come home to look three little kids in the eye who will grow up to inherit a world I am responsible for leaving them. I see the debt they will have, the wars they will get dragged into and the loss of liberties I just took for granted at their age.

I have seen so many of my fellow citizens just stick their heads in the sand and pretend like none of this is happening. They act as though our liberties will just always be there and that guardianship of these precious gifts falls on the shoulders of just a few. Through it all.. Through these years that I have done what I have done and through all of these years I have been blessed to call you guys true friends and compatriots.. I have seen a slow turn of the tide. Today, I witnessed people of all ages, races and backgrounds walk into the polling places after proudly calling themselves Ron Paul voters.

With 20 minutes to go I had a nurse walk out of my local polling place and walk directly to me and embrace me. She grabbed me and hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. She did not say anything for what seemed like forever and when she finally let go I saw tears in the corner of her eyes. "I left for work at 5 a.m. this morning and here you were putting up banners and now here you still are." We talked for a few moments and I mentioned how I had been to numerous locations that day and how I was doing this exact same thing in 2008 and the tears came again as she said "I know.. I saw you then as well and I laughed... i'm so sorry". She got in her car and drove away and when I looked at my watch I noticed it was 8 p.m. and time to gather signs.

I placed what few flyers I had left into my truck and tossed the bunch of signs into the back as well. I opened the door and got in and turned the key.. The engine had barely started when I grabbed the wheel and just began to weep. Probably harder than I have in years. Memories both good and bad overwhelming me. The thoughts of so many of my dearest friends in the world also giving everything they had all in the name of liberty.. It was just too much.. I sat at the wheel crying when an election official noticed and knocked on the window. I slowly let it down and she said "are you ok". I smiled and said I was fine. "Well I know your guy probably did not do well but it's ok.. God knows you tried out here". Again I smiled and assured her I was ok. "Are you sad" she asked.. I had to pause and consider that. "No.. I am not sad.. I am happy. I know that none of this was pointless and that we are winning this war". I continued on "So no, I am not sad.. I am happy because in 4 years I will be here again and the seeds planted today will have a fine harvest very soon". She smiled and walked away and finally I was able to drive on home. I walked in.. sunburned, exhausted both physically and emotionally and the first people to greet me were my kids. "Did Ron Paul win Daddy?".. "Not yet guys... but Daddy will keep trying"

CaseyJones
04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
+rep

Drex
04-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Great story.. very inspiring.. teared up a little bit as well. Thank you so much for what you did today and the days leading up to this. Your duties will not be forgotten.. like you said we may not be harvesting today.. but we are planting the seeds that will be harvested at a later time

Okie RP fan
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
This is a revolution.

Blood, sweat, and tears will be strewn across the ground. We keep fighting, we keep pushing. We don't give in.
We have each other. But, at times, it feels as if we are alone. But, the seeds have been planted. We simply need to hold back the fires of tyranny long enough to let the seeds grow.

We can do it, and we are doing it.

+rep jd.

dannno
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.9ori.com/en/media/images/5088a03e03.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
04-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Great post but the sys won't let me +rep you. Don't know why...

Thank you for all you have done!

-t

dannno
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
^Just so there isn't any confusion, my post up there was a serious post

Kýrie eléison
04-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you for standing up for liberty today, my friend. We shall triumph. You are a true patriot and I'm blessed to have met you in the midst of this war and to have the privilege to call you my friend. Godspeed.

sailingaway
04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
people were mentioning you in other threads today, that you were everywhere, and saying how much you were doing. +rep.

kill the banks
04-03-2012, 08:00 PM
amen i'm sure many seeds were planted ... fight on

kathy88
04-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I needed a reason to cry tonight. Just got it. I know how hard you worked, and I know that feeling when your heart sinks and then you gather yourself together to fight another day. This is a roller coaster ride, that's for sure. Hope to get to meet you some day.

RabbitMan
04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

;)

Okie RP fan
04-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

;)

You would be that guy...

:D

JasonC
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I have no words after reading this.. just love

Cowlesy
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Gentleman, Scholar and Diehard Activist. Way to go, Joe!

Nirvikalpa
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
+rep for the tears spilled, yours and mine. Love you, Joe.

Ivash
04-03-2012, 08:42 PM
It's always wonderful to see people give so much for a cause they believe in.

Keep fighting. And + rep.

Qdog
04-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I feel ya Joe Bro. Gage and I were pretty down after Iowa. We worked our asses off up there for 2 weeks. I wanted to puke when they read the results. I knew we had to take 1st in Iowa or the Media would go into super blackout mode... and boy did they.

Gage will probably kill me for saying this, but on the way back to hotel, he broke down and cried.
I wish I could have cried.... but I am just a mean bastard and couldn't. I sure wanted to though.

But its like Ron said recently... something about how Freedom is fun, and if we arent enjoying ourselves while we do this, then we are doing it wrong. This is a long fight. We are gonna be fighting this fight long after Ron is gone. There is a reason he talks to Young people at campuses so much.

Keep your chin up mate
Q

nobody's_hero
04-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not sad either, but I'm getting pretty damned impatient for vindication. It's coming. What Ron Paul has re-ignited in the American people will not fade.

Origanalist
04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
That's powerful stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaEHFxlmf-k&feature=related

Jamesiv1
04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Ron Paul cured my Apathy - along with guys like you.

cheers from Texas, and thanks for sharing.

Crickett
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
+rep and + how proud I am for people like you who love this country so much. May the harvest be bountiful and the terrorists now in charge
of upholding our Constitution be but fertilizer...

Britannia
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I gave everything I had to give. Not just today.. sure... placing over 100 signs and handing out thousands of flyers at numerous polling locations only to end up sunburned and dehydrated was a task and a half but going back to 2007.. I have given everything I knew how to give. I gave money, I lead a group of 4 people into one of the largest groups in the state, I canvassed numerous towns, sign waved, called, lit dropped, been in local media numerous times, travelled to straw polls, been on radio shows.. I have spent thousands of hours on the road and even more just talking to people anywhere I could find them to listen. God knows I am not perfect and from time to time I dropped the ball but I always got up and dusted myself off and went back to it. Did I do it for a Congressman from Texas? As much as I love Ron Paul, the answer is no. After each mile travelled and every dollar spent and every person talked to I would come home to look three little kids in the eye who will grow up to inherit a world I am responsible for leaving them. I see the debt they will have, the wars they will get dragged into and the loss of liberties I just took for granted at their age.

I have seen so many of my fellow citizens just stick their heads in the sand and pretend like none of this is happening. They act as though our liberties will just always be there and that guardianship of these precious gifts falls on the shoulders of just a few. Through it all.. Through these years that I have done what I have done and through all of these years I have been blessed to call you guys true friends and compatriots.. I have seen a slow turn of the tide. Today, I witnessed people of all ages, races and backgrounds walk into the polling places after proudly calling themselves Ron Paul voters.

With 20 minutes to go I had a nurse walk out of my local polling place and walk directly to me and embrace me. She grabbed me and hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. She did not say anything for what seemed like forever and when she finally let go I saw tears in the corner of her eyes. "I left for work at 5 a.m. this morning and here you were putting up banners and now here you still are." We talked for a few moments and I mentioned how I had been to numerous locations that day and how I was doing this exact same thing in 2008 and the tears came again as she said "I know.. I saw you then as well and I laughed... i'm so sorry". She got in her car and drove away and when I looked at my watch I noticed it was 8 p.m. and time to gather signs.

I placed what few flyers I had left into my truck and tossed the bunch of signs into the back as well. I opened the door and got in and turned the key.. The engine had barely started when I grabbed the wheel and just began to weep. Probably harder than I have in years. Memories both good and bad overwhelming me. The thoughts of so many of my dearest friends in the world also giving everything they had all in the name of liberty.. It was just too much.. I sat at the wheel crying when an election official noticed and knocked on the window. I slowly let it down and she said "are you ok". I smiled and said I was fine. "Well I know your guy probably did not do well but it's ok.. God knows you tried out here". Again I smiled and assured her I was ok. "Are you sad" she asked.. I had to pause and consider that. "No.. I am not sad.. I am happy. I know that none of this was pointless and that we are winning this war". I continued on "So no, I am not sad.. I am happy because in 4 years I will be here again and the seeds planted today will have a fine harvest very soon". She smiled and walked away and finally I was able to drive on home. I walked in.. sunburned, exhausted both physically and emotionally and the first people to greet me were my kids. "Did Ron Paul win Daddy?".. "Not yet guys... but Daddy will keep trying"

My stiff upper lip is trembling.

Inspiring.

Keep collecting those delegates, my friends.

zeloc
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
You shouldn't be sad, you should be happy! You did a fantastic job and you don't see right now the impact you are having, even outside of your state.

J_White
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
[wiping tears]
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jdmyprez_deo_vindice again."

stand tall, you have done what you needed to do !

Anti Federalist
04-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Wish I had "super rep" powers for that.

heavenlyboy34
04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Don't stress, OP. This election is only the beginning of many years of pushing back the State. and +rep for ya

Havax
04-03-2012, 10:52 PM

You sir are a great patriot and I'm honored to call you a fellow Marylander. Let's take back this state, and then the country.

PolicyReader
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Since rep isn't near enough, and even my usual heart felt thank you for standing up doesn't do it justice, I'm going to get a little be wordy. But before I do let me reiterate how grateful I am for you and each of our brothers and sisters out there fighting so hard to restore liberty.

I've been into politics in one form or another since I was roughly four years old. It's been a long journey and during much of it my faith in the people surrounding me has been fighting a slow retreat, unwilling to give in but pressed on many sides by the facts I encountered as I strove to make some positive impact.
During the last election I was working more than 70 hours a week, wrestling with a deep tissue infection I didn't know I had, and failing to meet my monthly expenses (you see I'd had an arrangement to share a lease where I was and everyone else walked out on it, I couldn't do that I'd given my word I'd fulfill the contract so that's what I was doing). During that time I was also researching Ron Paul and still feeling like he was too good to be true (an honest man in politics? surly you jest!)
I learned with bitterness of the media blackout already in full force even then... and when the day came I donated my food money to the record breaking money bomb.
In during those times I didn't expect to win, I fought for it but even from the early stages of the nominating process I had a gut feeling that Obama was going to be the next president, and I watched his ascendency with wariness. Over the time between then and now I've tried to talk to friends and family about what was happening, warning of the harm that W had done and that Obama was deepening, many of them wouldn't listen and little by little over the years my social circle has contracted. Even then I couldn't stop talking about liberty or the dangers of putting party before principle. I wasn't talking candidates, I was talking issues but for so many concepts like liberty or individuality seemed to not only be unknown but outright anathema.

As 2011 dawned and the renewed push for an election increased I made the simple resolution, I will not allow the loss of liberty in my time, no matter the odds but there was a silent unspoken fear beneath my resolution. The creeping knowledge that this election 2012 may be our last chance, that if not now perhaps never.
As the year wore on and more legislation came forth that pit in my stomach continued to grow and with the signing of the NDAA... well let's just say that it was a bad span. I continued because what other route was there? But it was more refusal to give in than hope for victory.
This last little while, this few months since that time have seen a sea change within my sense of the world, I've been meeting, speaking to and reading about others all around the nation, in fact all over the world fighting for liberty in our time and who's dedication and resolution left me both humbled and in awe.
Your story has just become the proverbial last straw and now for the first time in years I dare to think that maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance even if things go badly this year.
I'll be fighting for this election all the way through Tampa come what may and odds or counts be damned, but knowing there are so many others with the dedication you've displayed gives me confidence that liberty in our lifetimes, that flame of freedom, will not go quietly into the night whatever this year, or the next, or the next may hold.

Thank you, again it's not enough for the gratitude I hold toward yourself and every individual who's heart kindles the flame of liberty.
I've already shed blood, sweat, and tears for this fight over the years, and I expect to shed more but at least this time the tears come with a smile.

Respects,
Reader

Tinnuhana
04-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances a turnin' back only the didn't. They kept going, because they were holding onto somethin'.

Frodo: What are we holding onto Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBon4yBFRuk

YOU, my friends, WE are Sam. And as for "Liberty Forest"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI3C_GIIcWI

Never give up.

Working Poor
04-04-2012, 02:49 AM
((((joe))))))

jeremiahj13
04-04-2012, 03:24 AM

Finally someone who does not only talk the talk, but walks the walk :)

speciallyblend
04-04-2012, 03:38 AM
we love ya:) great job!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFs7SCI3ZM<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFs7SCI3ZM">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFs7SCI3ZM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFs7SCI3ZM)

Hendrik
04-04-2012, 03:41 AM
This race is far from over.
I urge everyone to keep the pressure high !

Convention is end of August. Please everyone be aware that we've got 5 full months of fighting ahead.
Mitt Romney will not be the Republican candidate - and everyone should believe this.

QuickZ06
04-04-2012, 03:49 AM
We will not fail!

Great story of inspiration.

hvac ak47
04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Thank you!

PaulConventionWV
04-04-2012, 05:24 AM

What I would do: Run for office yourself. Be an inspiration, an activist. It is much harder to fight the national establishment to win the presidency than to get involved in a campaign to win over localized government first, starting with county positions and state legislatures, and moving on up to House of Reps and the Senate. You will really feel like you are making a difference if you fight alongside Ron Paul, not just for him.

iamse7en
04-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I've cried several times too... mostly out of sadness that people prefer the chains of false security to liberty. This is a revolution though. We'll need each other when tyranny hits that breaking point on the cusp of a new world order.

frodus24
04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
My mother understands what is at stake now in this country. She lives in North Carolina and she will be voting for Ron Paul! She read his latest book and it scared her to death. She sees the media blackout, but told me this morning that "your man" is holding his own!! She has seen through the media shit. We have never been very outspoken of politics, but now it's imperative that we talk about things.

What was written is beautiful. Inspiring? Yes. You and everyone else on these forums that is fighting the fight are PATRIOTS!

gorgonzola
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm glad I wasn't at work or the library when I read this.

Thank you.

Jingles
04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Damn, stop making me cry dude.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and positive messages. Yesterday was an emotional day for sure and I guess I should clarify that I was not sad but rather just overwhelmed. I know yesterday for me was the end of a certain phase of my life but the start of a whole new one. We still have a long way to go and lots of fights to win at both the local and national level. So again, thank you to all of you for the encouragement but rest assured that woman will see me at the polls in another 4 years and for every election in between that as well. Press on Grassroots.. real change is coming.

VRG
04-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I have to admit that I gave up a couple of months ago, and I haven't visited these boards in quite a while. Your post was one of the first ones I read coming back just now, and it made me feel a lot more positive about the long term outcome of this "war", and motivated to start making at least some kind of effort again. It is people like you, who keep going relentlessly against all odds, that are the driving forces behind every positive in history. I know you and I don't know each other, that we will probably never meet, and that even the chance of there being another direct personal comment between us on these boards is very small; but for what it's worth, I feel proud that people like you are fighting for this cause. I think in the end, the future for your children will be very bright.