PDA

View Full Version : PA - SWAT raided, flash bang grenaded, beat, dog shot, in search for person not there.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM
A warrant for a person that wasn't in the home at the time.

Flash bangs set off in a home with medical oxygen in use.

And if the place blew sky high and killed everybody?

But what the hell do I know, I'm just a commie cop basher.

This is why the good folks of Keene NH didn't want a federally bought, armored personnel carrier given to the local cops.

Family says deputy shot dog without cause in Maryland

http://www.ydr.com/state/ci_20316931/family-says-deputy-shot-dog-without-cause-maryland

As the Frederick County Sheriff's Office finds itself on the losing end of a lawsuit over the shooting of a dog by a deputy in 2010, a local family is expressing fresh outrage after they said a member of the sheriff's office shot their family pet last week during the service of a search warrant.

Bruce Beall said a deputy shot his family's pit bull, Hershey, on Wednesday as the dog was under a small table in a basement room of their townhouse in the 1600 block of Jennings Court. The dog was shot in the upper front leg, which had to be amputated.

Beall said he was the only person home and was in the basement after letting some of the family dogs outside when he was startled by a loud noise.

"I heard a thump, and then a boom," said Beall, who said the second noise was a flash bang grenade often used by SWAT teams during raids to incapacitate anyone near an entrance.

Beall said he thought one of the dogs upstairs had knocked something over, but before he could make it to the top of the steps, he said he was overcome by at least four deputies in full SWAT gear.

He said one of them kicked him in the chest and knocked him down some steps to a landing, where he was handcuffed.

It was then that Beall said he heard a deputy kicking open a door at the bottom of the steps, followed by a gunshot.

"I heard the shot go off and I said, 'You all better not be shooting my dogs,'" Beall said. "One of the officers stated 'nobody's shooting your dogs,' and then about 10, 20 seconds later I heard one of the officers say 'we got one down,' and he was holding the basement door shut."

He said Animal Control was called in to get the dog out of the room.

Beall said he believes Hershey, a dog family members described as friendly, went into the room to hide and was shot as he was under the table. A large blood stain is visible beneath the table in the corner of the room, as is a mark the family said is where the bullet struck. Deputies listed the bullet on the search warrant as one of the items they took from the home.

Beall said he wonders why the deputy, who has not been identified, shot the dog rather than simply closing the door on him. Beall said the deputy told him the dog was acting aggressively toward him.

"They had him contained," said Beall, who believes the deputy shot the dog because he was a pit bull. "Why did they need to shoot him and then pull the door shut?"

But Sheriff Chuck Jenkins said the dog was growling and acting aggressively and was shot after lunging at the deputy several times. He said the deputy blocked one lunge with his a rifle butt and avoided a second.

"On the third lunge, he took the shot and struck him," Jenkins said.

The report from the deputy states that the dog left the room he was shot in and went to another location, Jenkins said. He said he believes the dog may have ended up in the downstairs bedroom under the table after being shot.

Beall also questioned why the deputies used a flash grenade when a sign on the door states that oxygen is in use and that no smoking is allowed. Additionally, he said deputies treated him roughly after he told them he had a bad back. Beall said he was taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital for treatment after the incident.

"I don't know what's getting into the police," said Beall, who said he has never had more than a traffic ticket on his record. "I know that Frederick city's got a high crime rate, but not everybody is a criminal first and a citizen second. I used to have a lot of respect for law officers and the law, but I don't have any respect any more."

"If someone shot a dog on the street, they would be arrested for animal cruelty," added family member Eliza Hunt. "I believe they are using their positions to get away with (stuff) like this."

Jenkins said he wasn't aware of the presence of an oxygen-in-use sign from the reports he's seen. He said the raid was considered a high-risk warrant service based on the possible presence of an armed robbery and burglary suspect, as well as information they received about firearms in plain view and accessible to people on the first floor.

Additionally, Jenkins said deputies knew of the presence of seven dogs, two of which they believed to be vicious. He said they dealt with several other angry dogs by avoiding them and closing them off in rooms.

"I believe they did everything they could to avoid the dogs," Jenkins said. "There was a lot going on in that house."

Jenkins said aggressive physical contact with people in a home is common in a fast-moving environment where there is a substantial perceived risk from people inside during a raid.

"People might not like it, but it's for their protection as well as ours," he said.

(So just shut the fuck up Mundane, before I thump your head for your "protection" - AF)

Beall said the guns in question were antiques that he owns legally. No guns were seized from the house, according to the warrant.

The team was searching the home for stolen property in connection with burglaries in which Michael Bennett, the son of Beall's live-in girlfriend, Ruth Hunt, was a suspect. A copy of the search warrant supplied by the family shows three GPS units, an iPod, tools, a Michael Vick Eagles jersey and other items seized from the home.

Bennett, who was not home at the time, was arrested Thursday at a home on Beaver Dan Road and charged with burglary, as well as in an armed robbery March 26 at the Burlington Coat Factory on West Patrick Street, during which a woman was robbed at knifepoint while shopping.

Jenkins said they believed Bennett, who they had also arrest warrants for, was in the home and posed a potential risk to deputies.

The family said it plans to file a lawsuit against the sheriff's office.

phill4paul
04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
"I don't know what's getting into the police," said Beall, who said he has never had more than a traffic ticket on his record. "I know that Frederick city's got a high crime rate, but not everybody is a criminal first and a citizen second. I used to have a lot of respect for law officers and the law, but I don't have any respect any more."

Get it? Got it? Good!

nobody's_hero
04-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Not at all sloppy, AF. ;)

This no-knock raid shit has got to stop.

oyarde
04-03-2012, 10:23 PM
So , Really , headline should read " Dog Killer SWAT try to incenerate disabled on taxpayer dollars "

Dr.3D
04-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I believe they just use these excuses to break into peoples homes, terrorize the people and kill their pets. These are the real terrorists!

Jingles
04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIkciQjUKkE

seraphson
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Think about it. We have this "Trayvon Martin" hitting national news stirring up all kinds of shit and then you have events like this. Wasn't there another story last year or the year before where I former Marine (fairly young kid) was shot up in a similar mix up?

Anti Federalist
04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Think about it. We have this "Trayvon Martin" hitting national news stirring up all kinds of shit and then you have events like this. Wasn't there another story last year or the year before where I former Marine (fairly young kid) was shot up in a similar mix up?

This sort of thing happens, literally, just about once a day somewhere in the country.

This is the story about the Marine gunned down by SWAT in his home:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html

TheTexan
04-04-2012, 11:18 AM
This no-knock raid shit has got to stop.

Yep. I wonder how they justify the aggressive entrance here, other than an opportunity to play with their soldier toys.

They may say that they were looking for an armed & dangerous suspect... but the way they're doing these no-knock raids, they are far more likely to kill innocent people than non-violent approaches.

The simple fact of the matter is, these cops will accept ZERO risk to themselves, which justifies putting YOUR life in danger, because THEIR life is more important than yours, all in the name of PROTECTING YOU.

Backwards fucking shit.

phill4paul
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
The simple fact of the matter is, these cops will accept ZERO risk to themselves, which justifies putting YOUR life in danger, because THEIR life is more important than yours, all in the name of PROTECTING YOU.

Backwards fucking shit.

And for this they are called 'heroes.'

DerailingDaTrain
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdip3ypW6Kk

There are hundreds of these videos on the internet. Bastards

seraphson
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
This sort of thing happens, literally, just about once a day somewhere in the country.

This is the story about the Marine gunned down by SWAT in his home:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html

I guess white vs black is more trendy than shooting up/killing dogs and former Marines. Then there was that hole shit storm with Kony. Then there was that thing with some foot/basketball player switching from one team to the other or some shit.

It really is no wonder on how we've wandered so far off the path...alas, we've gained excellent ground on traveling down the road to serfdom.