PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to 2016: Which Liberty Candidates for President and VP? (multiple choice)

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 10:29 PM
***I know this is 2012, I am working hard to get Ron elected, as are you. If you don't like to talk about future scenarios, this is not the thread for you***

Please vote twice. Once for your pick for President and once for your VP pick. Thank you.

Candidates in poll:

Rand Paul
Justin Amash
Walter Jones
Judge Napolitano
Mike Lee
Jim DeMint
Gary Johnson
Peter Schiff

Please give your reasons for picking who you picked and whatever opinions you feel like sharing. Did I leave anyone out of the poll that you feel should have been included? I know I left out Ron, a 2016 run seems unlikely (he would be 80).

This of course is assuming we are still a country and/or we still have elections in 2016.

Edit: Ok you can debate whether or not they are all Liberty candidates, but you get the idea.

TheTexan
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
We're talking about President of New Hampshire right? Because it doesn't matter who runs for president of the united states, that country is beyond fucked

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
We're talking about President of New Hampshire right? Because it doesn't matter who runs for president of the united states, that country is beyond fucked

You can look at it that way if you want. Because sans Ron Paul we are fucked.

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
More votes please :)

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Peter Schiff and Andrew Napolitano would not be viable candidates.

I would see if Mark Sanford could get his image recovered. Only 51 I believe.

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Peter Schiff and Andrew Napolitano would not be viable candidates.

I would see if Mark Sanford could get his image recovered. Only 51 I believe.

Yep, 51:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

VBRonPaulFan
04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
hey, i don't see ron paul up there for serving his second term! :)

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
hey, i don't see ron paul up there for serving his second term! :)

He's going to take a break and run again in 2024 after Rand's two terms :)

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Yep, 51:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

Yeah, and Romney and is 65. Newt is 68. McCain was 71. Ron is 76.

He has plenty of years to repair his image, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Btw, Rand Paul is already 49. He seems so much younger.

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, and Romney and is 65. Newt is 68. McCain was 71. Ron is 76.

He has plenty of years to repair his image, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Btw, Rand Paul is already 49. He seems so much younger.

It's crazy, Rand looks 39.

And can you catch me up on Mark Sanford? I'm not familiar with him.

What did he do to damage his image and what would make him a good liberty candidate for president?

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
It's crazy, Rand looks 39.

And can you catch me up on Mark Sanford? I'm not familiar with him.

What did he do to damage his image and what would make him a good liberty candidate for president?

Sanford was the governor of SC for much of the last decade. Before that he was a congressman who would hang around Ron as opposed to Gingrich and co.

He is an uncompromising fiscal conservative. He has a touch of social conservatism but I think for the most part he wants to stay out of peoples business. I do not know much about his foreign policy, but I think he is mainly non-interventionist, but likely not purely so. Overall he is a libertarian IMO. According to his son Landon, he voted for Ron Paul in the SC primary.

Now, he damaged his image a few years ago because he had an affair. It was pretty bad. He was missing for about a week and was supposedly on a hike but it was later found out that he was with his lover in South America. The whole thing was drawn out and stained him badly.

Of course what he did was bad, but I want him to make a comeback. I say he has enough time to.

You might take interest in his bashing of Lindsey Graham and defense of libertarians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikqJ_KB66WQ

Also praising Ron Paul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1mFmJ24yw

Jack Hunter as the SA has tons of videos praising him, if you want to know more about him.

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Sanford was the governor of SC for much of the last decade. Before that he was a congressman who would hang around Ron as opposed to Gingrich and co.

He is an uncompromising fiscal conservative. He has a touch of social conservatism but I think for the most part he wants to stay out of peoples business. I do not know much about his foreign policy, but I think he is mainly non-interventionist, but likely not purely so. Overall he is a libertarian IMO. According to his son Landon, he voted for Ron Paul in the SC primary.

Now, he damaged his image a few years ago because he had an affair. It was pretty bad. He was missing for about a week and was supposedly on a hike but it was later found out that he was with his lover in South America. The whole thing was drawn out and stained him badly.

Of course what he did was bad, but I want him to make a comeback. I say he has enough time to.

You might take interest in his bashing of Lindsey Graham and defense of libertarians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikqJ_KB66WQ

Also praising Ron Paul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1mFmJ24yw

Jack Hunter as the SA has tons of videos praising him, if you want to know more about him.

Thank you and I remember this guy now. If it takes 20 years for his image to repair, blame Jon Stewart :p

For the record I couldn't care less what someone does in their personal life.

John F Kennedy III
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
No love for Amash? It seemed to me this board was half Rand half Amash. Perhaps this poll suffers from being in OT? I put it here since I didn't feel there was a need for it to be on the front page (would happen if it was in GP).

BuddyRey
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm boycotting this thread until Tom Woods is included in the poll. :D

Tom Woods is this movement's most powerful spokesman, and we haven't even realized it yet.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm boycotting this thread until Tom Woods is included in the poll. :D

Tom Woods is this movement's most powerful spokesman, and we haven't even realized it yet.

Like Judge and Schiff, he is hardly a viable candidate.

Woods is a historian and economist. Running on that is a tough sell.

Also, some of his ties to anarchists, as well as his southern sympathies(I agree btw) would damage him.

Finally, he comes off as a smart man, but not a leader.

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
No love for Amash? It seemed to me this board was half Rand half Amash. Perhaps this poll suffers from being in OT? I put it here since I didn't feel there was a need for it to be on the front page (would happen if it was in GP).

Where Ron's old age is a problem for some, Justin's young age is a problem for others.

Keith and stuff
04-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Given a choice b/t Rand and Amash, Rand is more electable. Amash is likely too young for many presidential voters. He is also a US Rep. US Senators have a much better chance of becoming president.
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2011/01/bachmanns_potential_presidenti.php

GeorgiaAvenger
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Given a choice b/t Rand and Amash, Rand is more electable. Amash is likely too young for many presidential voters. He is also a US Rep. US Senators have a much better chance of becoming president.
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2011/01/bachmanns_potential_presidenti.php

Yep.
It is almost impossible for Reps to win. You almost have to be a Governor or Senator. It is an uphill climb for Reps, businessmen, and others.

Noble Savage
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
2016? What guarantee do you have on tomorrow?

GeorgiaAvenger
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
2016? What guarantee do you have on tomorrow?

Might as well plan.

John F Kennedy III
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the Amash explanation guys. I didn't know he's only 31 :eek: