PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't we be able to do well in Washington DC?

skyorbit
04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
With Santorum not even on the ballot? We're the only other Anti-Romney.

Antwan15
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
well you would think so....but.......who f'in knows anymore. People are dumb.

WIwarrior
04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
D.C. is gross full of fakes who love gov handouts......so no Ron should not do well there.

Keith and stuff
04-02-2012, 09:39 PM
With Santorum not even on the ballot? We're the only other Anti-Romney.

Gingrich is on the ballot. http://www.policymic.com/articles/6353/live-washington-dc-republican-primary-results/category_list

If DC were a state, it would be near the top when it comes to percentage of the population that votes libertarian. It is really hard to tell how well Ron Paul will do, though. He has certainly spoken more in DC recently than the other two candidates combined but I'm not sure if that will make a difference. We will know soon enough.

parocks
04-03-2012, 12:23 AM
D.C. is gross full of fakes who love gov handouts......so no Ron should not do well there.

Or people who work for the Fed Gov.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2012, 12:33 AM
The vast majority of Republicans inside the Beltway are Republicans who work for some level of the federal government so no.. We will not win in DC. Satan's name could be on the ballot with only Ron Paul as a challenger and the neocons in DC would vote for Satan.

Justinfrom1776
04-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Their license plates are cool..

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/12/30/1230695536_5116/539w.jpg

I met a guy who lived inside the beltway and he went on a 10 minute tangent about how he was pissed that he had to pay taxes to a federal government even though he didn't have a U.S. Congressman or woman.

I believe if the doc would say something to the effect that he would fight for their right to representation it would go a long way with voters there..

gerryb
04-03-2012, 12:56 AM
We had about 6 people running an aggressive grassroots campaign the past two weeks -- we could have won it if more people helped by volunteering... 2 weeks of registration + early voting, 55k+ student population - estimate if consistent with 08 is less than 7k ballots cast(registered republican population is 30k)

Romney is polling 60% in our phone surveys... the other 3 pretty even. Santorum people very persuadable.

BUSHLIED
04-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I live in dc and in the area with the most gop voters, the GOP chairman/chairwomen live down the block and they have Romney signs in their window..Romney will win. Mostly the country club RINOs here...incomes well over 100k.