PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Cites Trayvon Martin in Effort to Kill Stand Your Ground

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I am so disgusted that this man used to be my idol...

Bill Clinton Cites Trayvon Martin in Effort to Kill Stand Your Ground

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
April 2, 2012

Former president Bill Clinton has joined the Obama administration in exploiting the Taryvon Martin case in what is now obviously a concerted effort to roll back the Second Amendment.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-080901-turningpoints-clinton/ss-080901-turningpoints-clinton-07.jpg
Bill Clinton signs Brady bill on November 30, 1993. James Brady looks on.

Clinton told ABC News that Stand Your Ground Laws – the right of a person to defend himself with deadly force when there is reasonable belief of a threat – should be struck down.

He said “the American people should re-examine their position on [Stand Your Ground] and ask: Is this really worth it? Are we really all that much safer taking the chance that this kind of thing could happen over and over and over again?”

Clinton’s comments can be viewed in a video on the ABC News website.

Gun control – rolling back the Second Amendment – was an important domestic issue during the Clinton presidency. He lobbied Congress to pass and eventually signed two pieces of legislation that negatively impacted the right of the American people to own and possess firearms – the Brady Bill and the so-called Assault Weapons Ban.

The Assault Weapons Ban expired on September 13, 2004, as part of the law’s sunset provision, and Democrats have tried in vain since to renew it. The Brady Bill was latter determined to be unconstitutional as the result of a Supreme Court ruling in 1997, Printz v. United States.

Attacking the Second Amendment is not a partisan affair. Clinton’s predecessor, George H. W. Bush, signed an unconstitutional executive order in 1989 outlawing the importation of various semi-automatic assault weapons.

Clinton’s effort to enforce his gun laws resulted in massacre after the ATF invaded the Branch Davidian ranch at Mount Carmel, outside of Waco, Texas, in 1993.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/bill-clinton-cites-trayvon-martin-in-effort-to-kill-stand-your-ground/

jkr
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
FUK YOU BILL

FOREVER

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
FUK YOU BILL

FOREVER

+rep

kill the banks
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope this bastard faces the judgement he deserves ... another damn sellout to the 'ill'ites

Lishy
04-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe Bill Clinton should also give up his stash of guns! :rolleyes:

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Maybe Bill Clinton should also give up his stash of guns! :rolleyes:

He should be arrested.

randfan7
04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
He said “the American people should re-examine their position on [Stand Your Ground] and ask: Is this really worth it? Are we really all that much safer taking the chance that this kind of thing could happen over and over and over again?”

Yes, we would all be much safer if we just got on our knees and blew our attackers before they killed us. That'd be a law billy could get in front of.

Matthew5
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
In case people want the conversation in context...

Former President Bill Clinton said the “tragedy” of the killing of Trayvon Martin should cause a re-thinking of the “Stand Your Ground” law.

“There are different stories being told,” the former president said, “so the first thing I have to say is that it’s important to find out the facts.”
Clinton continued “but to me, beyond the incredible personal tragedy- this young man was not armed, he clearly presented no threat to anybody’s life — is, the most important thing I’ve read was from the former police chief in Florida in the community, he was one of many law enforcement officers testifying against that Stand Your Ground law. And he said, you know this is going to create all kinds of problems. And it’s going to be almost impossible to prove what was in someone’s mind when a certain thing happened.”

Clinton said “people have always had a right to have a handgun in their home- to protect their homes- then we’ve seen this breathtaking expansion of the concealed weapons laws in America moving from the late 90′s into this decade, far — if you will — to the extreme that America had ever been on these.
“And now the Stand Your Ground law,” he continued. “I think the law is going to create real problems because anyone can — anyone who doesn’t have a criminal background, anyone not prohibited by the Brady Bill and caught by the checks — can basically be a part of a neighborhood watch where they have a concealed weapon whether they had proper law enforcement training or not. And whether they’ve had any experience in conflict situations with people or not.

“So I hope this will lead to a reappraisal of the Stand Your Ground laws,” President Clinton said, “and I hope that the truth will come out and that the tragedy of this young man’s loss will not be in vain- it’s just terrible. Whatever the facts were — all these people trying to jump on him and talking about some mistake he made in his life- that’s irrelevant because unarmed person who was killed on the street by a gun. And so I hope justice will be done in this case but I hope that the larger justice that would somehow redeem a portion of this terrible loss.”
He said: “the American people should re-examine their position on that and ask: Is this really worth it? Are we really all that much safer taking the chance that this kind of thing could happen over and over and over again?”
The president made his comments in an exclusive interview with ABC News focused on his work with Clinton Global Initiative University.

I'd simply ask the former President, "do you have to have a gun to be life threatening?"

...can basically be a part of a neighborhood watch where they have a concealed weapon whether they had proper law enforcement training or not. And whether they’ve had any experience in conflict situations with people or not.

A carry permit gives you all the training you need to properly and safely carry. As cops have proven though, they can abuse fire power as well.

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
In case people want the conversation in context...

Clinton continued “but to me, beyond the incredible personal tragedy- this young man was not armed, he clearly presented no threat to anybody’s life — is, the most important thing I’ve read was from the former police chief in Florida in the community, he was one of many law enforcement officers testifying against that Stand Your Ground law.

If anyone is surprised, please raise your hand.

This case has been the perfect storm for many groups. Not the least is the establishment.

- Establishment Law enforcement: How many thousands of cases exist where the Police (of some form) have shot and killed an unarmed person? An unarmed person that never assaulted or battered them in any way, shape or form? This is not one of those cases. Conveniently, this is a mundane who has done the shooting, not the Police. As a matter of fact, this case has many people granting new authority to the Police in various ways, and at the same time there is the desire to take rights away from mundanes. Very convenient indeed.

- Establishment Favoritism: George was not law enforcement, but apparently his father was a retired Judge. This is an inconvenient fact that must be downplayed, if not completely buried. The case isn't perfect, but it can be spun. They can not allow this to be about the establishment or related favoritism.

- Diversion and distraction: Nothing better than an emotional race case to distract the masses. This is a benefit to many (who knows what we have been distracted from? We've been distracted!). That includes the current Administration. Best to keep it simple, black and white. But George was not exactly white. Another inconvenient fact. One that was "overlooked" for a quite a while, and is still overlooked by many. Just spin it.

- Charlatans: Nothing like a good tragedy to make some money and celebrity. Calling Al Sharpton.

- Gun grabbers: Once again, the perfection of this particular case is that George was not law enforcement. Perfect, as the gun grabbers want the Police and soldiers to be the only people with guns (with the exception that only the most trusted soldiers can have guns in the physical presence of the elite). This would not be possible with a Police shooting.

- SYG Law: Once again, a great case to repeal laws and take rights away from mundanes. This would not be possible with a Police shooting.

- Presidential Politics: Never waste a tragedy. This will get out the voters and donors for Obama's re-election.

- Racial Profiling: Once again, how convenient for the Police. In one fell swoop, with hardly anyone noticing, the entire concept (and guilt?) of "racial profiling" has been shifted from the government to the mundanes! This would not be possible with a Police shooting.

- Private and semi-private property rights: Apparently it is now some kind of assault to ask someone on your property, or in your gated community, any questions. Can you even say "hello"? Probably not, if the person you say "hello" to takes offense at your obvious insult.

- Thought crime: The dream of the Orwellian's. George was thinking incorrectly before the shooting. It's on the tape. That is a crime in itself! The shooting is just a secondary crime. The first crime is the thought crime.

jmdrake
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
If anyone is surprised, please raise your hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

lilymc
04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I hope this bastard faces the judgement he deserves ... another damn sellout to the 'ill'ites

He has always been one of them... in case anyone thought otherwise.

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

Lol.

seraphson
04-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Isn't Bill the guy that funded rebels that eventually became our "#1 enemy" and the cause for that decade long war?

jmdrake
04-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Isn't Bill the guy that funded rebels that eventually became our "#1 enemy" and the cause for that decade long war?

Al Qaeda? That would be Carter then Reagan/Bush. Clinton did pick up on the tail end for the Bosnia campaign though.

awake
04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Every gun crime is a reason to ban every gun, like every vehicular homicide is a reason to ban all cars. The government has always wanted you defenseless for its own sake: just like thieves, it makes it easier to steal.

Sam I am
04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
The second amendment gives you the right to own a gun. It doesn't give you the right to kill someone with it.

Sam I am
04-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Isn't Bill the only president to see the budget not in defect in the past 40 years?

Victor Grey
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Isn't Bill the only president to see the budget not in defect in the past 40 years?

Balancing the "budget" through cheap tricks that still raised the national debt levels, while presiding over the manufacture of an unsustainable artificial market bubble as the main means to keep the revenues flowing in, is no great accomplishment worth bragging about.

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus:
http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

ghengis86
04-02-2012, 04:27 PM
The second amendment gives you the right to own a gun. It doesn't give you the right to kill someone with it.

Agreed. A government can't 'give/grant' any rights, just as surely as they can't (or shouldn't) 'take them away'. rights are inherent to life. The right of self defense is universal and the most basic.

Cold blooded murder is not self defense. Using a gun to eliminate a life-threatening situation is likewise not murder.

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Yep. Al-Qaeda was involved in the "revolution" in Kosovo that Clinton supported at the height of his Lewinsky trouble. Pretty much the blueprint for all of the recent "Arab Spring" revolutions.

Bruno
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM

I remember his State of the Union where he bragged about it, then went on to say how he was going to spend $90 Billion of the "savings" (aka, money that was stolen more than what was "needed").

BlackTerrel
04-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Clinton told ABC News that Stand Your Ground Laws – the right of a person to defend himself with deadly force when there is reasonable belief of a threat – should be struck down.

Here's a relevant question: what is the murder rate in states that have this law vs those that don't?

James Madison
04-02-2012, 08:21 PM

Nah. He did have a hand in the sanctions on Iraq that killed 500,000 children.

RonPaulMall
04-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Here's a relevant question: what is the murder rate in states that have this law vs those that don't?

Disagree. How do you control for all the other factors that separate one state from another? Better question would be what was the murder rate in Florida itself pre-2006 vs post-2006.

John F Kennedy III
04-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Disagree. How do you control for all the other factors that separate one state from another? Better question would be what was the murder rate in Florida itself pre-2006 vs post-2006.

http://www.justfacts.com/images/guncontrol/florida.png

* Since the outset of the Florida right-to-carry law, the Florida murder rate has averaged 36% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 15% lower

musicmax
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM

The second amendment PROTECTS your right to own a gun.

musicmax
04-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Fraudulent accounting by shifting Social Security Trust Fund income into the general fund.

seraphson
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Nah. He did have a hand in the sanctions on Iraq that killed 500,000 children.

Ah yes. I think I vaguely recall, was it Hitlery or that other scary fatter lady? That said something along the lines of "it being worth it".

azxd
04-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I hope this bastard faces the judgement he deserves ... another damn sellout to the 'ill'itesLOL so little do you know, if you think this true.

azxd
04-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Bill is a gun grabber ... So what's new ?

dannno
04-20-2012, 11:01 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xw2kz.jpg

John F Kennedy III
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xw2kz.jpg

That's fucking hilarious.

Danke
04-20-2012, 11:44 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JLkUl4Zn0tI/TEcKhMKNXUI/AAAAAAAAAy8/CbcJiOzASUk/s400/Boot+Licker+1.jpg

dannno
04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
That's fucking hilarious.

Ya I wish there was another thread about Clinton that I could post it in..

Or even a thread about jobs..

azxd
04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
I am so disgusted that this man used to be my idol...
I've always considered him to be an enemy to freedom and liberty !!!

azxd
04-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes, we would all be much safer if we just got on our knees and blew AWAY our attackers before they killed us. Fixed it for you :D