PDA

View Full Version : Dems Pushing For Obama To Emulate FDR and Launch Campaign Against Supremes

AuH20
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
History repeating itself? The dems have perfected the art of the runaway executive who is beholden to no branch.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/02/rep-james-clyburn-obama-should-campaign-against-the-supremes-if-they-strike-obamacare/

Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) said President Obama should campaign against the Supreme Court, painting it as a conservative, activist institution if it rules that the administration’s healthcare law is unconstitutional.
“In terms of the Congress, I believe that it would be off-base for us to do that, but for the president, I don’t think it is,” Clyburn said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Monday. “I think the president ought to take a look at what happened in years before, we’ve seen presidents run against Congress and we’ve seen presidents run against the Supreme Court. Franklin Roosevelt did it to the Supreme Court, [Harry] Truman did it to the Congress.” …

“I think the president will take a look at exactly what he needs to do to connect with the American people, let them know that he’s done everything he can possible do and ask them to give him a mandate for the years going forward,” Clyburn continued.

CaptainAmerica
04-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Maybe President Obama will practice his NDAA powers on the supreme court justices as well.