PDA

View Full Version : Whatcom County, WA

Scott_in_PA
04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Throughout Whatcom County, a total of 2,160 straw poll votes were cast in the Republican caucuses. Following are the results countywide:

• Rick Santorum: 33 percent.

• Ron Paul: 28 percent.

• Mitt Romney: 22 percent.

• Newt Gingrich: 12 percent.

• Undecided: 5 percent.

A strong delegates showing indicates a strong, organized local campaign.

Following are percentages of the county convention delegation:

• Santorum: 36.

• Paul: 31.

• Romney: 19.

• Gingrich: 9.

• Undecided: 5.

The delegation percentages are still unofficial, Whatcom Republicans Chairwoman Luanne Van Werven said, because party officials are working to ensure they're legally registered in the correct voting precinct.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/04/01/2087612/gop-in-lynden-area-loved-santorum.html#storylink=cpy

kathy88
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Hopefully some of the santo peeps aren't registered correctly. NICE SHOWING. Woot!

opinionatedfool
04-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Great news, but the Santorum people need to get their act together about blocking out Romney and teaming up with the Ron Paul people. I'm not sure what weed they are smoking if they think they are going to beat Romney.

PatriotOne
04-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Paul took the largest city in Whatcom Co. It's population is 81k (Bellingham) compared to it's next largest city of 11k (Lynden). All of Whatcom Co is only 201k population, Not sure how their caucuses were organized but seems like we should have been able to come out ahead of Santorum in delegate counts. Not a bad showing though and probably keeping Mitt's strategy team awake at nights.

Bellingham area (city, Geneva, Sudden Valley, Chuckanut Drive, Yew Street Road)

• Paul: 35

• Romney: 27

• Santorum: 24

• Gingrich: 8

• Undecided: 5

• Write-in: less than 1

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/04/01/2087612/gop-in-lynden-area-loved-santorum.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

kathy88
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
GIDDYUP!!!!!!

PolicyReader
04-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Hopefully some of the santo peeps aren't registered correctly. NICE SHOWING. Woot!
That'd be nice, tho I'm hoping even more that some of the romney people aren't registered correctly (this may be less likely, willard has the cash to keep a pretty good ground game going, but I can still hope for it ;) )

Bouleuterion
04-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't know where to post this; however, here in Jefferson county we swept all delegates for Ron.
We only have 11 delegates. With this in mind, minus the three automatic delegates to state, we swept the 8.

Good work to those in Whatcom.

surf
04-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know where to post this; however, here in Jefferson county we swept all delegates for Ron.
We only have 11 delegates. With this in mind, minus the three automatic delegates to state, we swept the 8.

Good work to those in Whatcom.
outstanding. someone needs to put up a tally board of our state. i'm thinking it's pretty tight or we could be ahead, and the fightin' 48th and our 28 delegates haven't been determined yet. what's going on in Spokane?