PDA

View Full Version : AP: Army Reserve reprimands soldier who backed Paul

soulcyon
04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gRDIUJy4XsP8I8D-yH1oZZtdOz4A?docId=a3790b31e5834b96ad555a380ddd03d c

A soldier who went on national television in his military fatigues to endorse Ron Paul's presidential campaign after the Iowa caucuses has been reprimanded but not dismissed from the Army Reserve, a spokeswoman said Friday.
The Army determined that Jesse D. Thorsen violated policies that bar soldiers from participating in political events in their official capacities or while in uniform. Experts say a reprimand may become a problem if Thorsen seeks a promotion or could be used to justify more serious punishment if he gets in trouble again.

gg

revned
04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
The government doesn't follow the rules and now a soldier gets in trouble for breaking one rule that ultimately proves his dedication to protecting our constitution.

All the soldier has to say is that all of the other candidates are breaking rules and destroying our constitution. Following Ron Paul, in this sense, should be a requirement because he is the only one who doesn't neglect constitutional law.

If I were this soldier, I would be raising all sorts of hell. That is a main part of the job; upholding the constitution at all costs and protecting our nation from both foreign and domestic threats.