PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement/Teachers Unions/Etc. Are Corporations? That Explains Everything?

AGRP
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
They can virtually behave any way they want without any accountability. They're accountable only to themselves. No one is held accountable when they do get sued because the cost of the suit is passed onto the consumer (the taxpayer).

onlyrp
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM
They can virtually behave any way they want without any accountability. They're accountable only to themselves. No one is held accountable when they do get sued because the cost of the suit is passed onto the consumer (the taxpayer).

what does that have to do with being a corporation? Not all corporations can pass on cost of lawsuits, or else they'd never go bankrupt like some do.

oyarde
03-31-2012, 11:06 PM
I am still trying to figure out if it should have been allowed for public employees in tax funded jobs to unionize .... how would that be in the best interest of the tax payer ? In my home state , as an example , about all property tax collected and right at about half of all state tax collected is used to fund the public school system at a tune of a bit more than 10k per yr per kid through High School . Should it cost 10k to send a kid to First , Second , Third grade ? I think that is excessive ...

onlyrp
03-31-2012, 11:09 PM
I am still trying to figure out if it should have been allowed for public employees in tax funded jobs to unionize .... how would that be in the best interest of the tax payer ? In my home state , as an example , about all property tax collected and right at about half of all state tax collected is used to fund the public school system at a tune of a bit more than 10k per yr per kid through High School . Should it cost 10k to send a kid to First , Second , Third grade ? I think that is excessive ...

as if consumers are not victimized by private employee unions. While I don't care for teachers, it's misguided to blame teachers for cost of public education when you know that 90% of the money is spent of anything BUT their salaries.

oyarde
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM
as if consumers are not victimized by private employee unions. While I don't care for teachers, it's misguided to blame teachers for cost of public education when you know that 90% of the money is spent of anything BUT their salaries. You would not get benefits like that in the private sector , though , and for good reason ....

onlyrp
03-31-2012, 11:16 PM
You would not get benefits like that in the private sector , though , and for good reason ....

Again, "benefits like that" implies that the cost of public education is fairly to blame on teacher's salaries. It's not.

oyarde
03-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Again, "benefits like that" implies that the cost of public education is fairly to blame on teacher's salaries. It's not. When the seperate befifts are factored into the salary , yes it is expensive and excessive , private schools cost half as much where I live specifically because of the difference . Why shouls some guy without kids, making $14 an hour be floating 2k a year in property tax to support a teachers salary alone that is 20k more than his ?

onlyrp
04-01-2012, 12:03 AM
When the seperate befifts are factored into the salary , yes it is expensive and excessive , private schools cost half as much where I live specifically because of the difference . Why shouls some guy without kids, making $14 an hour be floating 2k a year in property tax to support a teachers salary alone that is 20k more than his ?

Again, you are complaining about the wrong thing. For every dollar you are unhappy about in a teacher's salary, even adding benefits, there's 5 if not 9 more dollars you should be even more upset about. But you don't want to focus on the real costs, because scapegoating teachers feels better. Do you ever ask what administrators, custodians and other "staff" cost?

Are you sure private schools don't cost less because they're not wasting money building new buildings, stadiums and hiring unnecessary staff? Are your privates schools "all else equal"?

Danke
04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Again, you are complaining about the wrong thing. For every dollar you are unhappy about in a teacher's salary, even adding benefits, there's 5 if not 9 more dollars you should be even more upset about. But you don't want to focus on the real costs, because scapegoating teachers feels better. Do you ever ask what administrators, custodians and other "staff" cost?

Are you sure private schools don't cost less because they're not wasting money building new buildings, stadiums and hiring unnecessary staff? Are your privates schools "all else equal"?

I don't care what the cost is, just don't force me to pay for it.

oyarde
04-01-2012, 12:24 AM

Are you sure private schools don't cost less because they're not wasting money building new buildings, stadiums and hiring unnecessary staff? Are your privates schools "all else equal"? I imagine the custodians are the only non inflated bargain... of course , they do not belong to a union ....

oyarde
04-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I don't care what the cost is, just don't force me to pay for it. No doubt , who wants to pay property tax for that ? Property tax is immoral.

oyarde
04-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I don't care what the cost is, just don't force me to pay for it. I also feel the same way about Social Security , Medicaid, Medicare , BATFE , Dept of Education , Dept of Agriculture etc etc