PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Thomas Massie ad!! (video added)

V3n
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
I just saw a Thomas Massie ad while watching the Louisville v. UK game - going into halftime.

GREAT BUY!! EVERYONE is watching this game! This is a huge game in the area. Great ad!!

----

Mod edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk7BmvEJfQE

----

V3n edit:

Thanks mod!! :)

Aratus
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
good luck thomas massie!

Drex
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
AWESOME! Who's winning I'm playing WoW ha

trey4sports
03-31-2012, 05:23 PM
tubez er yer lyin'

BamaFanNKy
03-31-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk7BmvEJfQE

trey4sports
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
sloooooooooooow mooooooootiooooooon!

Sola_Fide
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Pretty BOSS pose at the end there. Like he's saying "I got this". :)

Cowlesy
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
BOSSSSSSS.

GO Thomas!!!!

Sola_Fide
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Kentucky wins 69-61

Adrock
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Good ad, timing, and a great idea of using the popular outgoing congressman's own words as an introduction.

How many times was this played during the game?

Indy Vidual
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Great ad :)

V3n
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Good ad, timing, and a great idea of using the popular outgoing congressman's own words as an introduction.

I only saw it the one time, but I wasn't paying full attention. But the time that it did play, right going into half, I think was the best. Very smart!
This was Louisville v. UK - the battle of Kentucky - in the final four - every TV in the Commonwealth was tuned to this game!

It was the only political ad I saw.

thomas-in-ky
03-31-2012, 11:00 PM

Once. It cost $7,000 for 30 seconds in the Cinci. market. (65% of our district population) but this was more watched in KY than the superbowl. It was a real bargain. There were no other political ads in the game. (no one else thought of it or was able to go up so soon). We have a great media consultant... Strategy Group for Media, same folks that did senator Rand Paul's ads.

It has caused quite a stir to say the least !!!

Please consider donating if you want to fund more like this so we can win! We don't waste $. Thank you.

https://secure.thomasmassie.com/

Adrock
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Once. It cost $7,000 for 30 seconds in the Cinci. market. (65% of our district population) but this was more watched in KY than the superbowl. It was a real bargain. There were no other political ads in the game. (no one else thought of it or was able to go up so soon). We have a great media consultant... Strategy Group for Media, same folks that did senator Rand Paul's ads.

It has caused quite a stir to say the least !!!

Please consider donating if you want to fund more like this so we can win! We don't waste $. Thank you.

https://secure.thomasmassie.com/

I did again a couple of hours ago. That is a great commercial. Play it more often if funds allow. Hopefully you get a formal endorsement from the outgoing Congressman soon. Good luck!

Lishy
04-01-2012, 06:23 AM
To be honest, though I was excited to see an ad, it didn't seem to catch much attention for Thomas Massie. It was very generic :/

Just being constructive because I care about Thomas Massie. I think we need an ad which is less generic than a "feel good" ad where someone tells how they grew up.

Those who weren't able to follow their dreams like Massie did might think he's just a bigshot. Which isn't the message we want.

BamaFanNKy
04-01-2012, 08:02 AM
To be honest, though I was excited to see an ad, it didn't seem to catch much attention for Thomas Massie. It was very generic :/

Just being constructive because I care about Thomas Massie. I think we need an ad which is less generic than a "feel good" ad where someone tells how they grew up.

Those who weren't able to follow their dreams like Massie did might think he's just a bigshot. Which isn't the message we want.

WRONG. That ad is perfect. The message you want is vote for me and that one screams it. Plus, it uses a Congressman that is loved choosing to invoke Thomas' name for his own gain.

Adrock
04-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Looks like we will not be seeing more of that advertisement. Davis just posted on his Facebook page that he does not endorse Massie. He also said the commercial was inappropriate asked for it to be pulled. I hope that this was calculated move and not an oversight by the campaign.

Lishy
04-01-2012, 08:33 AM
WRONG. That ad is perfect. The message you want is vote for me and that one screams it. Plus, it uses a Congressman that is loved choosing to invoke Thomas' name for his own gain.

I guess maybe I'm wrong..

TruthisTreason
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Looks like we will not be seeing more of that advertisement. Davis just posted on his Facebook page that he does not endorse Massie. He also said the commercial was inappropriate asked for it to be pulled. I hope that this was calculated move and not an oversight by the campaign.

I couldn't resist commenting on that Facebook post.

LibertyIn08
04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
So much earned media from one ad play. Superb, simply superb.

Adrock
04-01-2012, 01:00 PM
So much earned media from one ad play. Superb, simply superb.

I know one of Rand's top guys is heading up the Massie campaign. There were some moves during the Paul 2010 Senate Campaign that I was initially worried about too. They turned out to be pretty smart in hind sight. Hopefully this is one of those moves for the Massie campaign.

samforpaul
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey, keep in mind some folks may see this multiple times. I didn't catch it during the game yesterday. However I'm watching the UK-UofL replay on my DVR right now and just saw it for the first time on tv.
Good and very effective ad IMO.

Adrock
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Thomas, you may want to check the recommendations section of your Facebook page. A Webb-Eddington supporter wrote some comments about the commercial you may want to edit.

ZanZibar
04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Awesome.

The only critique I would say is that in the final shot, he needed a white pane to reduce shadowing.

Other than that, it's great!

LibertyIn08
04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I know one of Rand's top guys is heading up the Massie campaign. There were some moves during the Paul 2010 Senate Campaign that I was initially worried about too. They turned out to be pretty smart in hind sight. Hopefully this is one of those moves for the Massie campaign.

Yes, Ryan was a great grab by Massie.

BamaFanNKy
04-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Ryan Hogan is a douche...... I know he's reading. Also Hayes Carl sucks.

Jeremy
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Ryan Hogan is a douche...... I know he's reading. Also Hayes Carl sucks. April Fools?

BamaFanNKy
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
April Fools?

Nah.... he's a douche and Hayes Carl sucks. We're friends and I told him that this morning...... he knows he's a douche as am I.