PDA

View Full Version : Santorum to Washington State supporters: Team up with Ron Paul supporters

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Seattle Times

March 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2017877068_republican_delegate_feud_santo.html

GOP feud: Santorum and Paul supporters team up to scuttle Romney

Posted by Jim Brunner

Mitt Romney won the straw poll at Washington's precinct caucuses March 3, but the fight over who will claim the state's 43 delegates to the Republican national convention is ongoing.

The latest twist: Rick Santorum's campaign is teaming up with Ron Paul supporters in an effort to deny Romney delegates, apparently at the direction of Santorum himself.

The strategy has alarmed some top GOP officials who fear it will crack party unity and lead to a nasty scene at the state convention in a couple months. It has also angered some grassroots Santorum supporters.

In an email to Santorum supporters Thursday, state volunteer coordinator Graden Neal laid out the plan:

"Last night, the Washington State Rick Santorum leadership had a conference call with a special guest, the Senator himself. We were surprised and honored that Rick Santorum himself came on our call to help give us direction. And the Senator didn't mince words. In order for us to win the nomination in Tampa in August, we must deny Romney delegates to that convention. If the frontrunner, Romney receives 1,144 delegates before the national convention, it is all over for our campaign. That is the reason why the Senator himself directed us to coalition with the Ron Paul delegates to deny Romney any state delegates." [Emphasis added]

Neal confirmed the message in a phone interview, and acknowledged the effort has split Santorum's supporters here. Neal said the alliance is showing a measure of success, but acknowledged some Santorum backers are not happy with the strategy.

rest at link

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Good, hopefully we can shut out the mitt.

Blue
03-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Well now this idiot can stop complaining when Mitt and Ron supporters join forces to shut him out.

PolicyReader
03-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Good, hopefully we can shut out the mitt.
I second the motion.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Well now this idiot can stop complaining when Mitt and Ron supporters join forces to shut him out.

Until the next time we do it :)

parocks
03-31-2012, 03:49 PM

Santorum is smarter than you are.

Blue
03-31-2012, 04:01 PM

Other than the people who have voted for him, nobody has a lower intelligence level than Santorum. So you're wrong.

Or you're an ex-Santorum supporter.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Other than the people who have voted for him, nobody has a lower intelligence level than Santorum. So you're wrong.

Or a current Santorum supporter.

Deborah K
03-31-2012, 04:19 PM
ugghhhh....after seeing this clip of his seeming freudian slip - I dunno if we should be associating with him or his supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IgrhJSAaYIc

Blue
03-31-2012, 04:20 PM

Wouldn't be surprised. I've seen a few RPF members who are closet Santorum supporters. Makes me sick.

Okie RP fan
03-31-2012, 04:21 PM
If it isn't too late, then we play their game and push Paul AND Santorum against Romney. We need to keep our eyes on the prize and realize a contested convention is our goal and Romney is standing in our way.

And we don't necessarily need to "team" with them, as much as we need to push all of Romney's negatives and offer two choices for people: Paul or Santorum.

Bouleuterion
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
I am in Washington and I was appalled that Santorum people were coming to our training and asking Ron Paul delegates to vote for Santorum Delegates. Especially when we had the clear majority.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I am in Washington and I was appalled that Santorum people were coming to our training and asking Ron Paul delegates to vote for Santorum Delegates. Especially when we had the clear majority.

But Saint Rick of Tarsis asked them to...

Bottom line, if we don't need them don't do it, if we do, do. Should be decided on a case by case, no blanket agreement. WE hold the card on this one.

libertygrl
03-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. I've seen a few RPF members who are closet Santorum supporters. Makes me sick.

WTF? How does that mak any sense? It's like 2 polar opposites.

parocks
03-31-2012, 04:51 PM

You don't get Romney <1144. Santorum does. If Romney gets 1144 - WE DON'T WIN. Duh!

Santorum gets this. You don't.

Romney is also worse than Santorum. Goldman Sachs (bad guy) is the top contributor to Romney. Rabbi Dov Zacheim (bad guy) is an advisor to Romney.
The msm (bad guy) is for Romney. All the bad guys are for Romney.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 04:54 PM
If it isn't too late, then we play their game and push Paul AND Santorum against Romney. We need to keep our eyes on the prize and realize a contested convention is our goal and Romney is standing in our way.

And we don't necessarily need to "team" with them, as much as we need to push all of Romney's negatives and offer two choices for people: Paul or Santorum.

the calculation is different state to state. We are free agents, but as you see with Romney in MO vs Romney in ND, so are they working for their own interest in each state.

parocks
03-31-2012, 04:54 PM

You don't understand that it's much worse for Romney to get a delegate than Santorum to get a delegate.

Try to understand Romney <1144. Just try.

If Romney gets 1144, it's "go home" time. We lose.

Romney is worse than Santorum, btw. All of our enemies are 100% behind Romney, not Santorum.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 04:56 PM

I don't know if the campaign has a caucus by caucus strategy or an overall state idea with the Santorum team. In Mo it was caucus by caucus, sometimes Romney teamed with Santa to block us. But at the moment it sounds like not all Santa's camp is on board and if that is the case, you don't want to give them 'extra' slots and not have them reciprocate. If the campaign gives you a lead that is one thing, but otherwise if their is a deal, better to give them their 'extra's at the last step when we are sure we got ours state wide on the mixed slate. Assuming that kind of a deal exists and as I said, Santa's people are quoted as not being unified.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 04:59 PM
You don't understand that it's much worse for Romney to get a delegate than Santorum to get a delegate.

Try to understand Romney <1144. Just try.

If Romney gets 1144, it's "go home" time. We lose.

Romney is worse than Santorum, btw. All of our enemies are 100% behind Romney, not Santorum.

I disagree that Romney is worse than Santorum/ Santorum thought his JOB was to deliver for lobbyists and set up pairings in the senate pairing senators with lobbyists. His last year he got more money from lobbyists than anyone else in Congress. He votes for everything we hate, from 'preventative war' to the Patriot Act (I'm sure he'd have voted for NDAA) to huge boondoggle government largess to corporations.

But on the other hand, Romney is owned by the banks.

So I'm not for either, I'm for maximizing Ron's leverage and at this point <1144 is a point, all else being equal. And by all else, I mean I want Ron to have 5 states by plurality, because he and we are the ones first shafted in any deal, and I don't want him to have to NEGOTIATE for a place at the table at convention.

Jarg
03-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I rather paul team up then let rommney win this way rommney has less delegates and more of chance for paul to win.

LibertyEagle
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that they stacked the deck. While they may very well prefer Romney, and I agree that they do, they would be happy to take Santorum or Gingrich too. All 3 of them are peas in a pod, along with Obama.

parocks
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Rabbi Dov Zakheim (Romney advisor) links:

Dov Zakheim: Mitt Romney Will Restore Our Military
http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/2011/11/dov-zakheim-mitt-romney-will-restore-our-military

Dov Zakheim 9 11 Mastermind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlNQTG8B6hw

Missing Trillions
Rumsfeld Buries Admission of Missing 2+ Trillion Dollars in 9/10/01 Press Conference
http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/trillions.html

Xenophage
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
this alliance is working in some counties but it is tenuous at best here in clark county

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 05:19 PM
this alliance is working in some counties but it is tenuous at best here in clark county

that's why we can't give the store away in places we can get full slates until we know what happens in Clark, but that is today, right?

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
One of the articles on this said Santorum described a 'greenpapers' article on blocking Romney from getting 1144 to his supporters and staff. This must be what he was referring to: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/PCom/?20120330-0

parocks
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that they stacked the deck. While they may very well prefer Romney, and I agree that they do, they would be happy to take Santorum or Gingrich too. All 3 of them are peas in a pod, along with Obama.

Disagree.

Compared to Ron Paul, yes, everybody else is the same.

But when we're comparing Romney to Santorum, they aren't the same. There are differences. The easiest thing is to see who the bad guys support. They don't support Santorum, they support Romney. And the easiest thing to do is to not support, to fight against, the guy who the worst people, our enemies, are supporting. And our enemies are supporting Romney.

Santorum is not supported by the global elites, and it's likely that they don't know enough about him to be secure. The global elites do not like Ron Paul one bit. And the global elites want Romney.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Disagree.

But when we're comparing Romney to Santorum, they aren't the same. There are differences. The easiest thing is to see who the bad guys support. They don't support Santorum, they support Romney. And the easiest thing to do is to not support, to fight against, the guy who the worst people, our enemies, are supporting. And our enemies are supporting Romney.

Santorum is not supported by the global elites, and it's likely that they don't know enough about him to be secure. The global elites do not like Ron Paul one bit. And the global elites want Romney.

goldman sachs is giving to both now I understand. Which bad guy isn't supporting Santorum, more than just in a bandwagon fashion because Romney is in the lead?

parocks
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
One of the articles on this said Santorum described a 'greenpapers' article on blocking Romney from getting 1144 to his supporters and staff. This must be what he was referring to: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/PCom/?20120330-0

Santorum seems to have a better idea about how to proceed than most of us do. It's really really simple, you seem to get it. Either Romney <1144 or game over.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Rabbi Dov Zakheim (Romney advisor)

whoa! I did not know Zakheim was a Romney advisor!

ProBlue33
03-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Sure this works but only if Ron Paul gets ALL the delegates, them offering a 50/50 split is no good, they want to deny Romney great, give them ALL to Ron Paul.
Mission accomplished for both teams.
We badly need a majority in five states and they need to understand that, they already have this, we don't.

LibertyEagle
03-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Disagree.

They would switch to Santorum in a heartbeat. You must know that Santorum and Gingrich are corrupt as hell and for sale to the highest bidder. I agree with you that we have to keep any one of the 3 from getting the delegates to get the nomination, but that's where our agreement stops. All 3 of these people are globalists and have no allegiance to our Constitution at all. They have all proven that. You almost sound like you are willing to vote for what you believe to be the lesser of 2 evils. Might I remind you that this is how we got in this mess?

No, the deck has been stacked in presidential races for a very long time. The bad guys may have a preference, sure, but they own all of them. They never expected someone like Ron Paul; much less that he would get so much dedicated support. To have the opportunity to actually vote for someone who is GOOD for President, rather than just the lesser of 2 evils, only comes along once or twice in a lifetime; if you are very lucky. So, the choice comes down between nuclear waste and Ron Paul. I'm not interesting in sifting through and deciding which nuclear waste is less toxic than the other; none of it will cause a good end.

parocks
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
I disagree that Romney is worse than Santorum/ Santorum thought his JOB was to deliver for lobbyists and set up pairings in the senate pairing senators with lobbyists. His last year he got more money from lobbyists than anyone else in Congress. He votes for everything we hate, from 'preventative war' to NDAA to huge boondoggle government largess to corporations.

But on the other hand, Romney is owned by the banks.

So I'm not for either, I'm for maximizing Ron's leverage and at this point <1144 is a point, all else being equal. And by all else, I mean I want Ron to have 5 states by plurality, because he and we are the ones first shafted in any deal, and I don't want him to have to NEGOTIATE for a place at the table at convention.

The banks are the bad guy. International bankers are the bad guy. We really shouldn't lose sight of the major issue.

Who does Santorum have on his team as bad as

1) Goldman Sachs

2) Rabbi Dov Zakheim

They're the worst. They're both on team Romney.

Who does Santorum have on his foreign policy team as bad as Zakheim? No one is worse than Zakheim, so it will be hard for you to find that person.

PolicyReader
03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Sure this works but only if Ron Paul gets ALL the delegates, them offering a 50/50 split is no good, they want to deny Romney great, give them ALL to Ron Paul.
Mission accomplished for both teams.
We badly need a majority in five states and they need to understand that, they already have this, we don't.
Point of Information.

We only need a plurality in five states not a majority (it really does make a difference).

BKom
03-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Anyone who supports Santorum has to be clinically insane. But if we want to get to a second ballot, we have to stop Romney. If that means dealing with Grich or Santorum or Cain or Bachmann, we have to strap on our air sickness bag and do it. None of those other people is going to get the nomination. And if it gets us delegates while denying Mittler delegates, that's what we have to do.

parocks
03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
They would switch to Santorum in a heartbeat. You must know that Santorum and Gingrich are corrupt as hell and for sale to the highest bidder. I agree with you that we have to keep any one of the 3 from getting the delegates to get the nomination, but that's where our agreement stops. All 3 of these people are globalists and have no allegiance to our Constitution at all. They have all proven that. You almost sound like you are willing to vote for what you believe to be the lesser of 2 evils. Might I remind you that this is how we got in this mess?

No, the deck has been stacked in presidential races for a very long time. The bad guys may have a preference, sure, but they own all of them. They never expected someone like Ron Paul; much less that he would get so much dedicated support. To have the opportunity to actually vote for someone who is GOOD for President, rather than just the lesser of 2 evils, only comes along once or twice in a lifetime; if you are very lucky. So, the choice comes down between nuclear waste and Ron Paul. I'm not interesting in sifting through and deciding which nuclear waste is less toxic than the other; none of it will cause a good end.

Disagree. They aren't all interchangeable. They all aren't equally bad.

By the way, many many people don't vote at all, ever.

You're wrong in saying that they're ALL OWNED. Not all equally. Santorum LOST his last race. If they loved him so much, they would've tried to prevent that.

I think that we should NOT be throwing away information. And Romney is FULLY ALIGNED with the enemy. It is not clear that Santorum is.

They are not all identical.

ProBlue33
03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Point of Information.

We only need a plurality in five states not a majority (it really does make a difference).

Care to define the difference?

LibertyEagle
03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Parocks, what's your point? You want Ron Paul delegates to start supporting Santorum? Is that it?

VAMole
03-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Care to define the difference?

In a scenario in which Paul has 30 votes, Romney has 20 votes and Santorum has 20 votes, Ron Paul has a plurality but not a majority. A majority requires over 50%, whereas having a plurality is just having the most votes.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 06:28 PM

+ rep!!

(except it won't let me.... :( )

parocks
03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Parocks, what's your point? You want Ron Paul delegates to start supporting Santorum? Is that it?

Romney <1144

LibertyEagle
03-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Romney <1144

We agree on that.

parocks
03-31-2012, 06:41 PM

Yup, from Romney's official site.
http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/2011/11/dov-zakheim-mitt-romney-will-restore-our-military

I didn't know it until recently here. Someone posted a list of Romney's advisors, and there are other bad ones there too. I saw Zakheim there on that list, and he's the worst. The prime 9/11 suspect.

We use the word "neocon" to mean anyone who supports war. So, instead of learning, becoming smarter, we become stupider. We want to believe everybody but Ron Paul is equally evil, and that we shouldn't try to stop the most evil candidate. Lesser of 2 evils, stay home or vote 3rd party. Usually, people stay home, they've been staying home all their lives. Hooray, they've been doing the right thing forever.

parocks
03-31-2012, 06:43 PM

Chertoff, too.

http://www.politickernj.com/51511/romney-taps-chertoff-campaign-advisor

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Chertoff, too.

http://www.politickernj.com/51511/romney-taps-chertoff-campaign-advisor

Good grief.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Yup, from Romney's official site.

I didn't know it until recently here. Someone posted a list of Romney's advisors, and there are other bad ones there too. I saw Zakheim there on that list, and he's the worst. The prime 9/11 suspect.

We use the word "neocon" to mean anyone who supports war. So, instead of learning, becoming smarter, we become stupider. We want to believe everybody but Ron Paul is equally evil, and that we shouldn't try to stop the most evil candidate. Lesser of 2 evils, stay home or vote 3rd party. Usually, people stay home, they've been staying home all their lives. Hooray, they've been doing the right thing forever.

I can understand your fear of Romney with advisors like that but I have no doubt Santorum would fall in line with the agenda also and would gladly take on the same advisors if he has a chance.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah. Romney got the 'top' neocon advisers because he was expected to win. Santa would take them in a heartbeat.

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Seattle Times

March 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2017877068_republican_delegate_feud_santo.html

GOP feud: Santorum and Paul supporters team up to scuttle Romney

Posted by Jim Brunner

Mitt Romney won the straw poll at Washington's precinct caucuses March 3, but the fight over who will claim the state's 43 delegates to the Republican national convention is ongoing.

The latest twist: Rick Santorum's campaign is teaming up with Ron Paul supporters in an effort to deny Romney delegates, apparently at the direction of Santorum himself.

The strategy has alarmed some top GOP officials who fear it will crack party unity and lead to a nasty scene at the state convention in a couple months. It has also angered some grassroots Santorum supporters.

In an email to Santorum supporters Thursday, state volunteer coordinator Graden Neal laid out the plan:

"Last night, the Washington State Rick Santorum leadership had a conference call with a special guest, the Senator himself. We were surprised and honored that Rick Santorum himself came on our call to help give us direction. And the Senator didn't mince words. In order for us to win the nomination in Tampa in August, we must deny Romney delegates to that convention. If the frontrunner, Romney receives 1,144 delegates before the national convention, it is all over for our campaign. That is the reason why the Senator himself directed us to coalition with the Ron Paul delegates to deny Romney any state delegates." [Emphasis added]

Neal confirmed the message in a phone interview, and acknowledged the effort has split Santorum's supporters here. Neal said the alliance is showing a measure of success, but acknowledged some Santorum backers are not happy with the strategy.

rest at link

Wow this is great news for us. I hope the Grinch does the same thing. We could really take back some of Romney's supposed lead if they team up with us on stuff.

DerailingDaTrain
03-31-2012, 07:11 PM

No

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
a couple of nice posts from the daily paul:

Just got back from the Clallam County convention
Submitted by thejellydonutman on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 17:11. Permalink
Just reporting real quick on the fly that out of the 21 delegates elected to state, 13 of them are for Ron Paul, so despite getting kind of screwed over in one of our districts, we still got the majority! thank you for all of the prayers!

next post
Many of the "undecided" went to Romney, but we still prevailed
Submitted by Promisekept on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 18:12. Permalink
Mine was the largest of the three districts we were divided into. We had 17 in my district who had declared themselves, "undecided", back in the precinct caucus that were nominated on the floor at the county level. Most of them declared themselves for Romney or Santorum at that time. We found several Paul supporters we didn't know we had, but it wasn't enough to give us as much of an upper hand that we thought we had going in today. Because of that huge influx, our expected strength was diluted, and I was the only Paul delegate in my district who didn't get something. :(

The smaller districts did better for Paul. All total, out of the 21 delegates and 21 alternatives, we won 13 delegates and 10 alternates, but we have yet to see how many of the alternates will win the draw to move on to the state convention.

http://www.dailypaul.com/223989/heading-to-wa-county-caucus-today

parocks
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
I can understand your fear of Romney with advisors like that but I have no doubt Santorum would fall in line with the agenda also and would gladly take on the same advisors if he has a chance.

But Santorum will not necessarily go along with PNAC stuff. It isn't so easy to get people to go along with the idea that another pearl harbor is a good thing.

You, too, are just guessing. We KNOW that Romney has these people. I don't think that you can just assume that Santorum will fill his cabinet with dual nationality traitors, and that Santorum will go along with their traitorous schemes.

If they thought that Santorum was the right one, they would've picked Santorum to work for. They picked Romney. They think Romney will go along with their traitorous schemes.

We don't have to guess about Romney - all the baddies are with Romney.

parocks
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow this is great news for us. I hope the Grinch does the same thing. We could really take back some of Romney's supposed lead if they team up with us on stuff.

Right.

Exactly.

and there should be no debate on this. it's clear that this is the way to proceed. Santorum gets it, we should get it.

parocks
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah. Romney got the 'top' neocon advisers because he was expected to win. Santa would take them in a heartbeat.

Romney is expected to win because he got the "top" neocon advisers.

2 ways to look at it.

Either way, it's ROMNEY who has them. Not anybody else.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
But Santorum will not necessarily go along with PNAC stuff. It isn't so easy to get people to go along with the idea that another pearl harbor is a good thing.

You, too, are just guessing. We KNOW that Romney has these people. I don't think that you can just assume that Santorum will fill his cabinet with dual nationality traitors, and that Santorum will go along with their traitorous schemes.

If they thought that Santorum was the right one, they would've picked Santorum to work for. They picked Romney. They think Romney will go along with their traitorous schemes.

If RP doesn't get the nomination, were going to have 4 more yrs of Obama anyways so I'm not worried about Romney or Santorum actually becoming president...just one of them becoming the nominee.

But I do agree teaming w/Santorum is the way to go strategy wise right now.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Romney is expected to win because he got the "top" neocon advisers.

2 ways to look at it.

Either way, it's ROMNEY who has them. Not anybody else.It is SANTORUM who is running on bombing the crap out of everybody. Romney at least puts a gloss on it. Santorum was WHIP in BUSH'S Senate.

parocks
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
It is SANTORUM who is running on bombing the crap out of everybody. Romney at least puts a gloss on it.

A gloss on it. Or "etch a sketch" whatever.

It doesn't matter, at all, what Romney says. So, whether or not there's a "gloss" doesn't matter.

Santorum hasn't been memorizing the globalist elite playbook the way Romney has. There is uncertainly about what Santorum will do. There isn't uncertainly about Romney.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
It is SANTORUM who is running on bombing the crap out of everybody. Romney at least puts a gloss on it.

And he don't need no stinkin advisors telling him to do it. KILL...KILL...KILL.....

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
I disagree. Santorum simply couldn't afford those guys.

PolicyReader
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM

Right.

Exactly.

and there should be no debate on this. it's clear that this is the way to proceed. Santorum gets it, we should get it.

Yep, the above covers it. From here on into Tampa it's time to collaborate with everyone against Romney.
We need delegates its true, and we should fight to get those but just as badly we need Romney to be shut out.
And if we need to make deals with the others to ensure that, even deals which barter away a few delegates, then so be it.
This is all about tactics and right now there really isn't the luxury of concerning ourselves with anything beyond that.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Yep, the above covers it. From here on into Tampa it's time to collaborate with everyone against Romney.
We need delegates its true, and we should fight to get those but just as badly we need Romney to be shut out.
And if we need to make deals with the others to ensure that, even deals which barter away a few delegates, then so be it.
This is all about tactics and right now there really isn't the luxury of concerning ourselves with anything beyond that.

but Ron needs pluralities. If it comes to Ron gets the MO plurality working with Romney (whom we've already started working with) and otherwise Santa gets it, I think we need the plurality. I think the others in the end combine, and Ron would be the one 'negotiating' for leverage. I want him to have a plurality of delegates in 5 states and a place as a matter of right.

parocks
03-31-2012, 08:08 PM

I think what we'd really need to do, and by we, I mean Ron Paul, is sit down with Santorum and Gingrich and talk about this.

We need, and Santorum and Gingrich need, Romney <1144.

We need, and we can get, the plurality in 5 states. Santorum has that 5 (we assume). Gingrich also would like the 5, but we're in better shape than Gingrich is.

Then look at the facts on the ground, and come up with a plan that works best for those 3 candidates, and keeps Romney <1144.

Being negative about Santorum and Gingrich is counter productive at this time.

Being negative about Romney is a good plan.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:11 PM
I think what we'd really need to do, and by we, I mean Ron Paul, is sit down with Santorum and Gingrich and talk about this.

We need, and Santorum and Gingrich need, Romney <1144.

We need, and we can get, the plurality in 5 states. Santorum has that 5 (we assume). Gingrich also would like the 5, but we're in better shape than Gingrich is.

Then look at the facts on the ground, and come up with a plan that works best for those 3 candidates, and keeps Romney <1144.

Being negative about Santorum and Gingrich is counter productive at this time.

Being negative about Romney is a good plan.

Gingrich has pretty clearly cut or suggested some sort of deal to Romney in his meeting about a week ago. Since then he's been Johnny Sunshine with not a bad word for anyone and saying he'd make a good VP "I wouldn't say no"...

parocks
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Gingrich has pretty clearly cut or suggested some sort of deal to Romney in his meeting about a week ago. Since then he's been Johnny Sunshine with not a bad word for anyone and saying he'd make a good VP "I wouldn't say no"...

If we aren't working with Gingrich, then just Santorum then.

It seems to me that we should've been able to prevent Romney from getting delegates in North Dakota.

We were completely unable to do that.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
It sounded like the chair didn't count votes. I still want to know where the tweet from a Paul supporter saying Romney's attorneys were asking for a 'recount' fits in.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 08:35 PM
If we aren't working with Gingrich, then just Santorum then.

It seems to me that we should've been able to prevent Romney from getting delegates in North Dakota.

We were completely unable to do that.

How exactly could that have been accomplished after everything you saw about what went down there today? All the top GOP players were already practically annointed as delegates. They didn't count votes fairly. The person in charge broke rules and ignored legitimate requests. How do you beat that? Explain that.

kill the banks
03-31-2012, 08:43 PM
damn the more I hear the more i'm cheering for a good guy military coup d'état that installs Ron president ... push those rules on them and get advice as best you can ... good luck guys

TC95
03-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Alright, alright! I'm a closet Santorum supporter! Someone save me from myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pv7sO5Gng

Jus' kiddin'!

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Alright, alright! I'm a closet Santorum supporter! Someone save me from myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pv7sO5Gng

Jus' kiddin'!

antidote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE30TH6Y7cI

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7pRH9_lb4&feature=player_embedded

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwKWzdu7Ps

roho76
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Ron is such a power broker now. I love it.

Ivash
03-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Nah, most of 'them' don't think Santorum or Gingrich can beat Obama. There are a good amount who don't believe that Romney can beat him, hence why so many are just sitting on the sidelines and waiting for 2016 to roll around.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
2016 (assuming a GOP loss) will be interesting. Rand, Christie, Bush and Rubio. And probably Santorum and Romney's egos will give them another go.

JJ2
03-31-2012, 09:39 PM

Yeah, it totally creeps me out the way Bush Sr. keeps pushing Romney so hard.

“We’re so convinced and we’ve known Mitt for a very long time, that he’s the man to do this job and get on and win the presidency, and that’s about it,” Bush said.

Yikes. And the media doesn't even ask anyone what the part about "a very long time" means? Was this before or after he said "I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush"?

JK/SEA
03-31-2012, 11:04 PM
//

blah