PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota currently voting for delegates

LostNFoundNTx
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Mod: This was posted in a Missouri thread when the caucus was shut down after repeated rules violations Rules violations can include refusal to COUNT the division of the vote so long as the vote isn't overwhelmingly clear visually. See discussion below:

The chair clearly had this strategy planned out and that's why he didn't want a clear recording of it. I will repeat: I know a bit about party rules and Roberts Rules and they don't make any difference against this gambit. I would appreciate if there's some advice from a rules expert that will overcome the "deaf chair" maneuver. But I don't see how that's possible.

It's addressed in (RONR (11th ed.) pp. 650-653). A member of the assembly can stand in place of the chair (without recognition of the chair) to take a vote if the chair chooses to ignore a non-dilatory point of order 3 times. If the entire room is quiet except for the presiding chair (who is ignoring the member) and the member taking a vote in his place, it's easy to simply listen to the person taking a vote in his place. What effectively happens is the chair, who is behaving out of order, is simply ignored by the members in the room while they vote to remove him.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Looking at the NDGOP schedule....

From 9:30-10:30 CST

Saturday, March 31, 2012 (continued)
Welcome - Mayor John Warford
Nomination and Election of Temporary Chair and Secretary Appointment of Sergeants-at-Arms
Appointment of Committees
Rules, Credentials, Resolutions, Permanent Organization
Appointment of Tellers and Parliamentarian Report of Credentials Committee Nomination and Election of Permanent Chair and Secretary
Appointment of Assistant Chair and Assistant Secretary
Report from Rules Committee
Report from the Resolutions Committee Report from Elephants Celebrated
Election of National Delegates and Alternates

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 09:08 AM
We should have results very soon

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Probably early afternoon their time before news will come out. It takes a few hours to get through all the introductory speeches and the recognition of candidates at a convention. Then voting, counting all the paper ballots, etc.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Come on NORTH DAKOTA!!!!!

bbwarfield
03-31-2012, 09:18 AM
i didnt win the mega bucks.... but ND would be a good prize for today!

FSP-Rebel
03-31-2012, 09:23 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/dq6q3b.jpg

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
FYI https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ndpol and https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ndgop and https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ndgopconvention

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
From the twitter feed it looks like we may get shafted

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:35 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23ndgop

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Josh Schreiner ‏ @Schreiner4House Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Convention floor fight over national delegates. Getting intense. #NDGOP

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Another to watch https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ndgop2012

CTRattlesnake
wow

#NDGOP national delegate slate gives Paul 2, Santorum 6, Romney 20. Delegates voting now. Actual results coming.

but...

Convention floor fight over national delegates. Getting intense. #NDGOP

Wolfgang Bohringer
This page seems to have good updates:

https://twitter.com/#!/NSmithReports
(https://twitter.com/#!/NSmithReports)

are there others?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 09:40 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23ndgop
Bump

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:41 AM
doosh

Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Stein just told a delegate: "Get your eyes checked" - in response to delegate saying he can't read the names on the screen. #ndgop2012

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Seems like Romney tried to pull some tricks....

kathy88
12m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Erickstad: I think that's a small and fair request. #ndgop2012
12m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Karen Erickstad (Paul supporter): Why can't we have alphabetized list rather than a preselected one chosen by small group? #ndgop2012
13m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
So, theoretically, they should have more supporters among the delegate field than @MittRomney #ndgop2012
14m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
But @RickSantorum won the lion's share of votes in North Dakota's Caucus, followed by @RonPaul. #ndgop2012
14m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Problem at hand: of North Dakota's 28 delegate to nat'l convention - 20 are supposedly @MittRomney supporters. #ndgop2012

PaulSoHard
Old lady says delegates hv been chose based on whos been active in the party not those who just"walked on" #ndgop #ndgopconvention #ronpaul

kathy88
Seems like Romney tried to pull some tricks....

Probably the NDGOP pulling the tricks.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Anyone else have a bad feeling about this?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Anyone else have a bad feeling about this?
Yes, but go RP!

PaulSoHard
Dustin Gawrylow ‏ @DGinND Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The Romney lawyers are running the NDGOP convention according to former Chairman Gary Emineth. #ndpol

yeah what a surprise

DanConway
NDGOP pulling tricks to ramrod Romney through. Why am I not shocked?

Oh well, this is what we came for. This is how we knew it would be. Hope our supporters can pull it off!

deputydon
doosh

Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Stein just told a delegate: "Get your eyes checked" - in response to delegate saying he can't read the names on the screen. #ndgop2012

I could never become a delegate because I would have told that man to go fuck himself. Seriously, does politics automatically take away any type of manners that people have?

DonovanJames
03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
This has become my Saturdays. Anxiously watching twitter feeds for GOP Convention updates LOL

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Parliamentarian: Willing to suspend rules and get printed ballots as asked. would delay vote by 1 hour . Voice vote divided #ndgop2012

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
This has become my Saturdays. Anxiously watching twitter feeds for GOP Convention updates LOL

Aren't we pathetic? I haven't had a shower yet but I don't want to miss anything. 3rd cup of coffee...

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Printed ballots.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Melodie ‏ @alpinemel Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
In all fairness we need table the vote of delegates to National Convention and revote #ndgop2012
4m Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Show of hands - still seems divided, but ruling is to proceed to balloting now. #ndgop2012

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Kristen M. Daum ‏ @kristendaum Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Many are state officials & their wives or other high-ranking members. #ndgop2012

kathy88
03-31-2012, 09:51 AM
What do we know about this guy?

Josh Schreiner ‏ @Schreiner4House Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Welcome to my new campaign twitter account! I look forward to helping keep North Dakota moving forward!

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 09:53 AM
It seems like Romney has a good amount of support, but not a majority. If he did, this would have been done thirty minutes ago.

Best thing we can hope for is to create a Paul-Santorum slate, laugh in the NDGOP's face, and pick up some delegates. Its clear the establishment tried to rig this for Mitt

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Man do I hate parsing Twitter feeds. Wish folks would just type an e-mail that can be forwarded out, or post on a blog.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 09:57 AM
In the preliminary delegate selection, delegates were ranked based on how long they've worked for the gop #ndgop #ndgopconvention #ronpaul

Well...there in lies our problem

ironj221
03-31-2012, 09:59 AM
In the preliminary delegate selection, delegates were ranked based on how long they've worked for the gop #ndgop #ndgopconvention #ronpaul

Yup, purely an attempt to shut Ron Paul out.

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Michelle San Miguel ‏ @michellesm22 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
How committee selected original 25 nominees to be nat'l convention delegates: 40% volunteer work; 25% financial contributions #NDGOP2012

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 10:01 AM

Man do I hate parsing Twitter feeds. Wish folks would just type an e-mail that can be forwarded out, or post on a blog.

I'm trying to find a host on ronpaulradio who will anchor and take calls from reporter/delegates on Saturday May 5 from Nevada and Maine.

I pitched the idea to 2 hosts but they don't think it will work. It would be cool if it did. It would be impossible as a delegate to call in during the floor fights. We'd need a non-delegate reporter able to duck into a closet to narrate the floor fights and the arrival of the SWAT teams, etc.

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Twitter reminds me of what it would be like to scatter a few hidden microphones in a crowd... you hear little snippets of conversation with little relation to each other and no context.

Sometimes you can pick out a few people that are replying to each other and discussing something, but it's such a mess overall.

I mean seriously, the old text-only FidoNet bulletin boards we had in the 1980s did a better job of organizing threads and delivering information.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Twitter reminds me of what it would be like to scatter a few hidden microphones in a crowd... you hear little snippets of conversation with little relation to each other and no context.

Sometimes you can pick out a few people that are replying to each other and discussing something, but it's such a mess overall.

I mean seriously, the old text-only FidoNet bulletin boards we had in the 1980s did a better job of organizing threads and delivering information.

I agree, but its really the only link we have to the event live. No MSM outlet is going to cover it, so we're stuck with tweets

Tiso0770
03-31-2012, 10:07 AM

Yup, purely an attempt to shut Ron Paul out.

This seems to be the trump card that they are using....anyway around it?!.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 10:08 AM
They're still voting now. should have results soon, apparently. #ndgop2012

Hopefully we get better results

carterm
03-31-2012, 10:09 AM
this sounds awful.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Where's the Tweets?

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Even if the convention ramrods through a slate of GOP stalwarts, I like knowing that new people attended and witnessed how political parties operate.

5 years ago, I just thought "Democrat" and "Republican" were ideological terms. Kind of like describing what sort of philosopher you are ... Transcendentalist, or Descartean, etc. I did not grasp that these were organizations, made up of committees and volunteers. I figured most of the people at the national conventions were basically "fans of the candidates" who bought tickets to be there.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Even if the convention ramrods through a slate of GOP stalwarts, I like knowing that new people attended and witnessed how political parties operate.

5 years ago, I just thought "Democrat" and "Republican" were ideological terms. Kind of like describing what sort of philosopher you are ... Transcendentalist, or Descartean, etc. I did not grasp that these were organizations, made up of committees and volunteers. I figured most of the people at the national conventions were basically "fans of the candidates" who bought tickets to be there.

Hah, that was about my level of understanding until this season :)

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Hopefully the silence is because their voting on a Ron Paul slate :)

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 10:17 AM

We need 800+ of those 1500 delegates to be Ron Paul fans.

ironj221
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Party insiders continue their undemocratic chokehold on the party #ndgopconvention

Paul Supporter ^

I keep seeing Paul supporters saying these discouraging things, yikes :/

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Aren't we pathetic? I haven't had a shower yet but I don't want to miss anything. 3rd cup of coffee...

Sorry I am late to the party. My invitation must of got lost in the mail :mad:. I just noticed there was a caucus watching party going on and am crashing it :p. Pardon my appearance. No shower and haven't even brushed my teeth yet.

EaSy
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
This seems to be the trump card that they are using....anyway around it?!.

Simple, you must have enough votes to punch them in the face. :)

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
Well that was fun... Even if we got prison raped over the printed ballot. #NDGOPCONVENTION #EstablismentDouchebags

Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
THANK YOU to the grassroots people who jumped in on the original motion when the campaign was slow on the draw! #NDGOPCONVENTION

jdcole
03-31-2012, 10:28 AM
It's 9pm here in Afghanistan and I am literally glued to this thread. More info?

CTRattlesnake
ugh

risk_reward
We need 800+ of those 1500 delegates to be Ron Paul fans.

You've obviously never been to a convention before. We just swept a convention with less than 40% of the delegates.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
Well that was fun... Even if we got prison raped over the printed ballot. #NDGOPCONVENTION #EstablismentDouchebags

Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
THANK YOU to the grassroots people who jumped in on the original motion when the campaign was slow on the draw! #NDGOPCONVENTION

Any word on what happened?

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 10:33 AM
So what are the results?

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
Vote will most likely go against us but at least they know we're here - and we're the future. #NDGOPCONVENTION #TooManyOldWhitePeople

Edit:

Andrew Wagner ‏ @andrewwagner
Multiple reports that despite Santo winning state, Romney will come out of North Dakota w/ overwhelming majority of delegates. #ndgop #tcot

carterm
03-31-2012, 10:36 AM
WTF IS GOING ON

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys
Vote will most likely go against us but at least they know we're here - and we're the future. #NDGOPCONVENTION #TooManyOldWhitePeople
Hey, I'm an OldWhitePeople, well, kinda brown/red(ish)

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 10:39 AM
WTF IS GOING ONWelcome to Twitter news. Like looking through a picket fence with paint splattered goggles on. LOL

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Someone's blog on what happened: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/national-delegate-nomination-process-dissolves-into-chaos-at-ndgop-convention/

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 10:40 AM
You've obviously never been to a convention before. We just swept a convention with less than 40% of the delegates.

Yes obviously. I was one of the delegates to the 2008 Nevada state convention when we had less than 40% of the delegates and they dissolved the assembly. We'd still be better off with a majority.

I also was a delegate to the 1998 Nevada state convention where we actually needed 50% Aaron Russo fans and fell a little short.

So it obviously depends on whether there are sympathetic non-fans.

Which state republican conventions have you attended?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:41 AM
"good point made about Romney taking 3rd in caucus but getting most of the delegates to tampa convention"

(Don't know how to copy who from)

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 10:41 AM
A story I posted said we couldn't marshall the votes to get a different ballot, which suggests we don't have the votes for whatever. I hope it is wrong, but it doesn't look good.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 10:42 AM
"good point made about Romney taking 3rd in caucus but getting most of the delegates to tampa convention"

(Don't know how to copy who from)

We have to catalog all of this so when they say it is unfair when we get more delegates in a state we can show Romney supported the plan, Gingrich did, Santorum did....

carterm
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
that blog was posted over an hour ago. might not be updated enough to give us information.

MozoVote
03-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like this convention was run like some of the "bad ones" in 2008. Hopefully the party honchos made lots of enemies today and will be swept aside in the next election cycle.

CTRattlesnake
Heres what i think happened.

Establishment presents slate of delegates that heavily favors mitt
paul/santorum voters protest, try to get paper ballot vote of new delegates
chair doesnt take accurate count of votes for or against the measure, no paper ballots issued
establishment slate seems to have won

ClydeCoulter
Someone's blog on what happened: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/national-delegate-nomination-process-dissolves-into-chaos-at-ndgop-convention/

I am SO SICK of crap popups to sign up for something every time I go to read a news story or blog! Do they want people to read their blogs/opinions or not?

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Well that blog someone posted looks better, it looks like they denied the request without really counting the votes for it. If so, and if we can get division by standing, it MIGHT NOT be a preview of what happens in the vote.

This morning I wrote about an issue in the selection process of the NDGOP’s delegates to the national RNC convention for selecting the president.
The delegates nominated before the convention were mostly Romney supporters, despite Romney taking third in the statewide caucus vote to Rick Santorum and Ron Paul.
This morning the convention took up the business of confirming the national delegates, but there was a significant amount of push back from Santorum and Paul supporters on the floor. They nominated their own delegates from the floor, and when they asked Chairman Stan Stein to use a ballot to select the final delegates that made no distinction between pre-selected delegates and delegates nominated from the floor, Chairman Stein lost his cool and denied the request.
The convention then dissolved into a parliamentary slug fest between the Santorum/Paul supporters on the floor and the party leadership on the stage.
What’s frustrating is that there was clearly an effort by party leadership to ram-rod delegates for Romney through the convention, in contradiction to the outcome of the caucus vote. It was a pretty shameful proceeding. The convention leadership held voice votes and hand votes from the floor, but there was no real effort made to tabulate vote accurately.

MozoVote
I am SO SICK of crap popups to sign up for something every time I go to read a news story or blog! Do they want people to read their blogs/opinions or not?I was able to read it after hitting the back button.

risk_reward
Heres what i think happened.
establishment slate seems to have won

There is no evidence of that.

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks like the establishment just rammed it down our throats. again.

I hope our people do something about it.

risk_reward
03-31-2012, 10:50 AM
We'll see once the vote is counted. A plurality is all that is usually needed for delegate selection, a much lower hurdle than getting rules changed which usually requires 60%.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:52 AM
So, what's a dragon fly camera cost? Fly on the wall :)

cassielund99@gmail.com
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
I sure hope they video camera's in there.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Anyone know if there will be any video of this event?

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure what's going on either. Are they still tabulating the votes on the slate?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM
:o Maybe we still have a chance.....?

carterm
03-31-2012, 10:59 AM
i think after this election it would be in our best interest to immediately start a national campaign against a two party system. it was not what the founders intended at all.

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
We'll see once the vote is counted. A plurality is all that is usually needed for delegate selection, a much lower hurdle than getting rules changed which usually requires 60%.

It sounds to me like there's just 1 vote for all 28 delegates? So maybe its the top 28?

And the standing and hand votes that were close and not counted properly centered around how the ballots would list all those competing for those 28 spots?

And there's probably a Paul/Santorum slate that we want people to vote for?

The Goat
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
@KayleaC We will have to emigrate to Russia to enjoy a greater amount of freedom less fraud in elections. #NDGOP

risk_reward
03-31-2012, 11:08 AM
@KayleaC We will have to emigrate to Russia to enjoy a greater amount of freedom less fraud in elections. #NDGOP

That tweet is from Nathan Hansen, who is not from ND. The delegate count will likely take a while, so just sit back and relax.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:10 AM
That tweet is from Nathan Hansen, who is not from ND. The delegate count will likely take a while, so just sit back and relax.

Relax? Relax? I'm on the edge of my chair staring at a monitor hitting the refresh button on 4 instances of IE every 750 milliseconds, relax? :)

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:12 AM
It sounds to me like there's just 1 vote for all 28 delegates? So maybe its the top 28?

And the standing and hand votes that were close and not counted properly centered around how the ballots would list all those competing for those 28 spots?

And there's probably a Paul/Santorum slate that we want people to vote for?

And I wonder how many of the Paul/Santorum slate that we might want a majority of the delegates to vote for are Paul delegates?

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
just watching the twitter feed... Who is Rick Berg?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM

DIVISION, DIVISION!

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Relax? Relax? I'm on the edge of my chair staring at a monitor hitting the refresh button on 4 instances of IE every 750 milliseconds, relax? :)

If ronpaulradio was broadcasting right now with a reporter on the ground, we could call in and get the answers to all of our questions--plus the crunching sound as the black helmeted soldiers use their truncheons on our reporter and his cell phone.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
DIVISION, DIVISION!

my understanding is that if they ignore a proper call under the rules three times, the chair can be declared vacant and a new chair voted in. Our guys have to start using that if it is true, EVERYONE but those railroading this wants a proper vote counted.

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:20 AM
just watching the twitter feed... Who is Rick Berg?

He's running for senate and he's going to go to Washington and change everything or so he says according to the twitter feeds.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
my understanding is that if they ignore a proper call under the rules three times, the chair can be declared vacant and a new chair voted in. Our guys have to start using that if it is true, EVERYONE but those railroading this wants a proper vote counted.

That is my understanding, also.......we need mock convention experience, with hitlerian style tatctics put on us by the mock establishment actors :)

kathy88
03-31-2012, 11:22 AM
He's running for senate and he's going to go to Washington and change everything or so he says according to the twitter feeds.

neocon or friend? Anyone know?

The Goat
03-31-2012, 11:22 AM
So he's either lying or a ron paul supporter.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 11:23 AM

THIS. Let's get it in the arsenal. Love to see the look on this guy's face if he got voted out in the middle of proceedings. LOL.

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Lol, +rep

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 11:26 AM

I wonder if we shouldn't be tweeting rules like this to the convention # in case people there are reading it.

The Goat
03-31-2012, 11:27 AM

Lying, on his website he talks about "job creating" legislation and how Obama stopped the keystone pipeline.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I wonder if we shouldn't be tweeting rules like this to the convention # in case people there are reading it.

I'll retweet if someone makes it. I stink at making them. I don't really get it yet.

KMX
03-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Any results yet? From sources that are no good I hear Romney is smashing it. What's the news?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Rep. Rick Berg & ND Taxpayers Association Disputing Over 'campaign mailing'
(http://kfgo.com/fargo-moorhead-news.php?ID=0000007072)

Reading while relaxing while waiting impatiently :)

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Lying, on his website he talks about "job creating" legislation and how Obama stopped the keystone pipeline.

So he doesn't want to bring the troops home and re-establish sound money? That hardly ever happens at a Republican convention.

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Any results yet? From sources that are no good I hear Romney is smashing it. What's the news?

I think they are still counting a paper ballot. It's hard to tell with tweets.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:39 AM
So, is no news good news? :)

Tod
03-31-2012, 11:39 AM
That is my understanding, also.......we need mock convention experience, with hitlerian style tatctics put on us by the mock establishment actors :)

That is an EXCELLENT idea! Each state should hold mock conventions, preferably at several locations around the state, as an educational tool for RP supporters. Would be great practice for all of us.

risk_reward
03-31-2012, 11:50 AM
It appears that the delegate count will take a long time. Only the preapproved cramdown slate candidates were printed on the ballot. Any other nominee was listed on a projector and had to be written in. 1500, random order ballots will take a long time to count. It will probably be late afternoon or evening before the vote is counted.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 11:52 AM
It appears that the delegate count will take a long time. Only the preapproved cramdown slate candidates were printed on the ballot. Any other nominee was listed on a projector and had to be written in. 1500, random order ballots will take a long time to count. It will probably be late afternoon or evening before the vote is counted.

Huh. Should be interesting.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 11:52 AM
At least RP and Santorum supporters will know not to vote for the ones initially printed on there :)

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Okay, so this is the next to the last time I'm going to sit on the edge of my chair refreshing the browsers if this kind of delay keeps happening, at least I think so. My old nerves can't take more than 12972.97 more hours of this! :)

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 11:57 AM
http://rgifs.gifbin.com/2074yu4sw2.gif

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
At least RP and Santorum supporters will know not to vote for the ones initially printed on there :)

Yes--write-ins versus the ballot candidates.

The Goat
03-31-2012, 12:00 PM
did they ban tweeting or something. nothing for 45min

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Mod: This was posted in a Missouri thread when the caucus was shut down after repeated rules violations Rules violations can include refusal to COUNT the division of the vote so long as the vote isn't overwhelmingly clear visually. See discussion below:

Originally Posted by BKom
The chair clearly had this strategy planned out and that's why he didn't want a clear recording of it. I will repeat: I know a bit about party rules and Roberts Rules and they don't make any difference against this gambit. I would appreciate if there's some advice from a rules expert that will overcome the "deaf chair" maneuver. But I don't see how that's possible.
Originally Posted by LostNFoundNTx
It's addressed in (RONR (11th ed.) pp. 650-653). A member of the assembly can stand in place of the chair (without recognition of the chair) to take a vote if the chair chooses to ignore a non-dilatory point of order 3 times. If the entire room is quiet except for the presiding chair (who is ignoring the member) and the member taking a vote in his place, it's easy to simply listen to the person taking a vote in his place. What effectively happens is the chair, who is behaving out of order, is simply ignored by the members in the room while they vote to remove him.

Scott_in_PA
03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Via Daily Paul.
http://www.dailypaul.com/223706/north-dakota-state-convention-march-29-april-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ush7h1nQRbo
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/video-former-ndgop-chairman-calls-national-delegate-selection-favoring-mitt-romney-a-railroad-job/

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
did they ban tweeting or something. nothing for 45min

^Exactly.......:confused:

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-31-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm confused. He said "Write in on a screen"

Write in on a screen?

And he wants a primary instead??

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Eric ‏ @Talking_Monkeys OMG "parades" are annoying. This convention needs a fast-forward botton.

Seriously :rolleyes:

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 12:23 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ApUmxv5CMAAij0B.jpg:large
inside look at the convention

carterm
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
it's nice and dark in there. wouldn't want to shine a light on any fraud now would we.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Eric ‏@Talking_Monkeys So... I'm lost. What time do we vote to legalize drugs again???

As soon as we get President Ron Paul moved into his new office :)

(and the prison gates will open and the oppressed will walk free in the land of the free)

helmuth_hubener
03-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Well, it will come down to: did Romney get a majority of delegates to the State Convention? If he did, then his campaign is just doing what ours is doing in places like Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Maine, etc., where we have a much larger proportion of delegates than we had straw poll votes and will thus win.

I am skeptical that Romney would have a majority. We got 30%, and Ron Paul himself attended some of the county conventions, so I would expect that we have the majority, even without allying Santorum and Gingrich supporters.

Now definitely Romney does have the overwhelming majority of the leadership. So the question is will the leadership be able to somehow disenfranchise the delegates at the convention, the majority of whom are almost certainly non-Romney supporters, unless Romney did a lot better at getting delegates in ND than in other places, and in fact are probably RP supporters, unless RP did a lot poorer than other places.

I hope Matt Collins or someone who knows the rules is there to be aggressive and ruthless. Romney isn't the only one who can bring in parliamentarians and lawyers.

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
no news right now I guess is a good thing?

Titus
03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
If the action to elect delegates is going on, people are most likely recording with their phones. Recording generally makes it hard to tweet or otherwise communicate via the internet unless the person has a second device.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, it will come down to: did Romney get a majority of delegates to the State Convention? If he did, then his campaign is just doing what ours is doing in places like Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Maine, etc., where we have a much larger proportion of delegates than we had straw poll votes and will thus win.

There is a difference in violations of rules to ram something down, and winning a well run rules based delegate slate. If that's what happened (voilations).

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Cori Zimmer ‏ @seejai Is there anything else that can be done for #ronpaul at the #ndgop #ndgopconvention ? I feel like we've been ripped off
No twitter account, can someone ask for more details?

libertybrewcity
03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
LOL, this was supposedly in the bathroom at the GOP ND convention

http://i.imgur.com/xKs5d.jpg

ichirix
03-31-2012, 01:00 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/lukehellier/status/186111569669787648

#NDGOP national delegate slate gives Paul 2, Santorum 6, Romney 20. Delegates voting now. Actual results coming.

To clarify... I'm fairly certain the reports of Romney winning simply reflect the slate that the ND GOP Establishment provided. The rest of the Paul and Santorum delegates will have to be written in (which seems to be the case given the statement "actual results coming")

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Christopher Olson ‏ @endurion Why are Dalrymple pages passing out Dalrymple materials throughout the entire Paul Sorum speech? #NDGOP

Can anyone decode this into english?

Titus
03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
@ClydeCoulter, probably politics

That being said, I wonder if Romney can get two thirds to stop the assembly if he does not even have a clear majority. If Paul and Santorum supporters hold the caucus hostage until a proper vote is taken, maybe the GOP won't be able to railroad. In one caucus in Wyoming, it took three ballots to determine delegates, so its nothing new to Santorum supporters.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 01:21 PM

That being said, I wonder if Romney can get two thirds to stop the assembly if he does not even have a clear majority. If Paul and Santorum supporters hold the caucus hostage until a proper vote is taken, maybe the GOP won't be able to railroad. In one caucus in Wyoming, it took three ballots to determine delegates, so its nothing new to Santorum supporters.

they need to declare the chair vacant and appoint a new chair before quorum flees. This 'do our own next week' way we've done it doesn't work because they just ignore it. Someone there has to ask three motions that are refused, declare the chair vacant and vote a new chair, fast when things break down, according to what parlaimentarians have posted here previously.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM

Yeah I think this will take a while to sort out. Romney doenst seem to have enough support to push through want he wants in a single vote. A combined slate is looking more likely atm.

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Can anyone decode this into english?
Dalrymple is the current establishment governor. Paul Sorum is running against him (and has endorsed Ron Paul)

Titus
03-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah I think this will take a while to sort out. Romney doenst seem to have enough support to push through want he wants in a single vote. A combined slate is looking more likely atm.

Are you from North Dakota? Is recording allowed there?

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Are you from North Dakota? Is recording allowed there?

CT-rattlesnake

carterm
03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
a few people on twitter left the convention that were ron paul supporters according to twitter; they wouldn't revote or anything would they?

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
a few people on twitter left the convention that were ron paul supporters according to twitter; they wouldn't revote or anything would they?

More info please......what twitters.....RP supporters left before adjournment?

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 01:39 PM
More info please......what twitters.....RP supporters left before adjournment?

yes they can absolutely revote if they can get the votes to do so - we can NEVER be the ones to leave!

carterm
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
just search twitter "ndgop," i saw a few cases of people leaving.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 01:50 PM
just search twitter "ndgop," i saw a few cases of people leaving.

Been watching those, just saw one saying heading back to Minneapolis....

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 02:04 PM
As of 1:47 p.m., a total of 1,666 delegates are credentialed at the convention and are able to vote. #ndpol #ndgop2012

1,666 delegates now credentialed in ND. That's gotta be freaking a few people out there. The "Beast" now has control of the caucus!

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Everyone in the room under 40 was parading @Sorum4NDGov open your eyes GOP #yearofyouth #ndgopconvention #tcot #tlot

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Well, my family is going to disconnect my computer if I don't play SSX with them......gotta take a break from this....

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 03:18 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 03:49 PM
At this rate, we'll be waiting until may for results

kathy88
03-31-2012, 03:57 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ApV-dwlCIAExjUt.jpg

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Okay. I'm ready for some pandemonium in ND. They are boring the crap outta me so far :p.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
There are more delegates now? We went from 1666-1699. 33 people showed up late?

As of 4:45 p.m., there are now 1,699credentialed delegates at the ND GOP convention. #ndpol #ndgop2012

rb3b3
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Do we have a good shot at walking away with the majority of delegates out of nd?

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Kevin Cramer draws some boos walking onto the stage, based off current voting I can't tell if thats good or bad #NDGOPCONVENTION

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Results for PSC race coming in. Very even so far... #ndpol #ndgop2012

kathy88
03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
PSC?

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 04:37 PM
PSC?

sorry....votes for Public Service Commission ... like we care :p I assumed it was for the delegate slate sine it's been so long.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
sorry....votes for Public Service Commission ... like we care :p I assumed it was for the delegate slate sine it's been so long.we care if we know if it is Romney or Ron Paul supporters being elected, because that might say what is coming.

ichirix
03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
we care if we know if it is Romney or Ron Paul supporters being elected, because that might say what is coming.

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/usatoday/article/38935871?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFrontpage %7Cp

Dalrymple beat Fargo architect Paul Sorum on Saturday for the backing of GOP delegates. The official vote tally was 1,127 to 478.

If Xenliad was correct, then this number should approximately reflect the Establishment vs Paul numbers.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Either tweets just aren't a ND thing or everyone is being told by the camps leaders to not tweet. So little info coming out compared to last weekend.

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
If Xenliad was correct, then this number should approximately reflect the Establishment vs Paul numbers.

Unless a Paul/Santorum alliance is formed to scuttle Romney:

GOP feud: Santorum and Paul supporters team up to scuttle Romney

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369895-Santorum-to-Washington-State-supporters-Team-up-with-Ron-Paul-supporters

PatriotOne
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Nick Smith‏@NSmithReportsReply

ND GOP convention adjourns for the day, will reconvene at 9 a.m. tomorrow. #ndpol #ndgop2012

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Kevin Cramer draws some boos walking onto the stage, based off current voting I can't tell if thats good or bad #NDGOPCONVENTION

He endorsed Santorum previously.

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM

ND GOP convention adjourns for the day, will reconvene at 9 a.m. tomorrow. #ndpol #ndgop2012

Darn establishment can't stay up late.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 06:20 PM

who is taking the ballots home?

ItsTime
03-31-2012, 06:24 PM
who is taking the ballots home?

Romney's lawyers.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow. Took the kids to the movies, come back and the votes are uncounted and the ballots actually LEFT the convention with a GOPer? Seriously? This is getting to be too much to take.

Xenliad
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
DGinND Word has it the ROMNEY lawyers will ask for a recount for national convention delegates from North Dakota. #ndpol @RonPaul @teaparty @GOP

1 hour ago. This guy is a Paul supporter.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow. Took the kids to the movies, come back and the votes are uncounted and the ballots actually LEFT the convention with a GOPer? Seriously? This is getting to be too much to take.

you think THAT's tough, I just found out Ron is going to be at UCLA on the 4th -- and we are supposed to be in Colorado....

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 07:38 PM
DGinND Word has it the ROMNEY lawyers will ask for a recount for national convention delegates from North Dakota. #ndpol @RonPaul @teaparty @GOP

1 hour ago. This guy is a Paul supporter.

so that would mean the initial count went against them?

Unfortunately they always seem to pick up those extra votes on recounts. I'm remembering two counties that were 'Ron's' in Iowa by a handful of votes on recount both went to Romney, just as 'on Recount' the state went to Romney over Santorum.

On the other hand, where the party likes Santorum (Missouri) the dirty tricks were on his behalf.

This two party system has to go if we can't make it over.

Titus
03-31-2012, 07:40 PM
It may, but I would still move for a standing county anyway. That is if I lived in a caucus state.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
you think THAT's tough, I just found out Ron is going to be at UCLA on the 4th -- and we are supposed to be in Colorado....

OH NO!!! Can you regroup?

sailingaway
It may, but I would still move for a standing county anyway. That is if I lived in a caucus state.

absolutely and insist on a physical count.

sailingaway
OH NO!!! Can you regroup?

I'm trying to think of a way but it has been long planned...

...I'm trying to think of a way that won't get me drawn and quartered....

ichirix
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
http://ndpolitics.areavoices.com/?p=93509

The 25 nominees who received the most votes were chosen as the NDGOP’s delegates to the national convention. Based on the results, the nominees had to receive 994 votes or more in order to be selected as a delegate.

The top 25 vote-getters turned out to be the same 25 individuals the party originally recommended for the slate of delegates. The most any write-in candidate received was 318 votes, party officials said.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm trying to think of a way but it has been long planned...

...I'm trying to think of a way that won't get me drawn and quartered....

You could break your leg? Then you'd have the pity... AND special seating ;) Probably a photo op...... this is a good idea.

carterm
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM

eff.

kathy88
03-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Well isn't that a Who's Who of ND GOP insiders. Damn.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:08 PM
You could break your leg? Then you'd have the pity... AND special seating ;) Probably a photo op...... this is a good idea.

there are possibilities there...

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:09 PM
eff.

well, Romney certainly has no leg to stand on if Ron takes Washington and/or Maine.

parocks
03-31-2012, 08:15 PM
So, this means that Romney got all the delegates?

Bad news.

PaulSoHard
03-31-2012, 08:19 PM
What was the point of the caucus if the state party was going to determine who's going to represent at the national convention then lol.

Seems like great democracy there.

CTRattlesnake
03-31-2012, 08:24 PM
The original slate was Romney 20, Santorum 6, Paul 2

Yeah...that absolutely blows

Titus
03-31-2012, 08:25 PM
The two articles there are utterly inconsistent. The establishment claims they don't know who anyone supports but yet the caucuses will be representative. Someone needs to get their story straight.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Was this before or after Romney's attorneys wanted a recount? Or was the tweet mistaken?

carterm
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Was this before or after Romney's attorneys wanted a recount? Or was the tweet mistaken?

it's not a tweet, it's an article.

maxoutco
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Were we a minority there? Lack of understanding for Robert's rules? What really happen?

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
it's not a tweet, it's an article.

I meant the part about wanting a recount

Titus
03-31-2012, 08:38 PM
The people did not know who to vote for, so the votes went scattered. Romney's people knew who to vote for is my bet. FYI, in the future, we should have prepared lists in each scenario. One if Santorum flips, one if Gingrich flips and one if we are alone.

mommaliberty
03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
my hubby used to be involved pretty good in the ND GOP. He observed a convention before he was 18 and was a delegate the next Convention. He doesn't recall it being so crooked then. But about 12 years ago he was helping one of the GOP candidates with their marketing campaign and got to witness all the dirty shenanigans of the mike being turned off etc. The last convention was pretty rotten too.

Most of the names on that list from the blog are not recognized to him as old-timer GOP folk. Some of them are. He does know Rick Berg personally, but doesn't think he could sway him to Ron Paul. He's a pretty good establishment guy - and Hoeven used to be a Dem. He does know him a little bit... as an aquantaince more or less. He worked with Joe Miller and Jim Kasper and said Rebecca Strege sounded familiar. The rest he didn't know.

Ivash
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
so that would mean the initial count went against them?

Unfortunately they always seem to pick up those extra votes on recounts. I'm remembering two counties that were 'Ron's' in Iowa by a handful of votes on recount both went to Romney, just as 'on Recount' the state went to Romney over Santorum.

On the other hand, where the party likes Santorum (Missouri) the dirty tricks were on his behalf.

This two party system has to go if we can't make it over.

You're remembering things incorrectly. Romney won Iowa on the initial vote, but during the recount Santorum ended up winning.

helmuth_hubener
03-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Aww, man! So we really had only 300-some out of well over 1000*? Bummer. Well, ND is super-spread-out. It's a long drive. What was the registration fee? Could someone from ND tell us? Let's say it was $200, though. If you had to drive 4 hours there, 4 hours back, pay for gas, pay for a hotel, essentially give up a whole weekend for this thing, and pay an additional $200 for the privilege, would you think twice? I'll bet a lot of our people got elected to be delegates, but then thought twice.

Thanks to all the North Dakota patriots who did go. Come weigh in here when you get the chance. Tell us some stories. We love stories. Drop some video.

*Scratch that: 1,940 (If all who registered came)

The amount of delegates expected in 2012 (1,940) represents a full 71% increase on the last Presidential election year, 2008, during which 1,126 delegates participated. It is also a 26% increase on the numbers seen in 2010 (1,538). http://www.northdakotagop.org/2012/03/near-record-turnout-expected-for-state-convention/

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 09:43 PM

DANG IT!!!

opinionatedfool
03-31-2012, 09:46 PM
The people did not know who to vote for, so the votes went scattered. Romney's people knew who to vote for is my bet. FYI, in the future, we should have prepared lists in each scenario. One if Santorum flips, one if Gingrich flips and one if we are alone.

AMEN. Let's make sure this is spread around. This really sucks. With some organization we could have had better results. This ruins my night.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 09:47 PM
You're remembering things incorrectly. Romney won Iowa on the initial vote, but during the recount Santorum ended up winning.

No, initially Santorum won but in that same night it flipped and twenty votes that didn't exist were counted for Romney. But one of OUR guys had marked the count and put it on facebook when he left and his not the recount accounted for the number of people there, if the proRomney count were right it was 20 more people than had checked in. So ULTIMATELY after a fight it switched to Santa, but that night in the party's hands it flipped to Romney.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 09:48 PM
AMEN. Let's make sure this is spread around. This really sucks. With some organization we could have had better results. This ruins my night.

that is just a guess, so I would wait to see what happened.

helmuth_hubener
03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Right. Wait for reports before jumping to conclusions.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Grant Abbott ‏ @WolfSaviorZX
Corrupt GOP election officials arrested for infringing on democracy!... sadly #aprilfools

:(

francisco
03-31-2012, 10:38 PM

This reminds me of something I saw in another states' thread: importance of having a printer and computer inside the caucus (and lots of paper!) to print up slates to distribute. I don't want to second-guess the participants & RP leaders, but I can't help but think that having such might have improved the result. This is bumming me out, much as the original caucus night in ND did. I did a lot of calling of identified RP supporters as part of the "Grassroots for Liberty" group and based on that was surprised that we didn't win the straw poll. There seemed to be a lot of enthusasm on the ground and Ron made an appearance at the Fargo pooled caucus site, to a huge crowd.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
This reminds me of something I saw in another states' thread: importance of having a printer and computer inside the caucus (and lots of paper!) to print up slates to distribute. I don't want to second-guess the participants & RP leaders, but I can't help but think that having such might have improved the result. This is bumming me out, much as the original caucus night in ND did. I did a lot of calling of identified RP supporters as part of the "Grassroots for Liberty" group and based on that was surprised that we didn't win the straw poll. There seemed to be a lot of enthusasm on the ground and Ron made an appearance at the Fargo pooled caucus site, to a huge crowd.

My understanding is they wanted to print a list and the Romney folks called a vote and declared it voted down but people there didn't get a physical count.

francisco
03-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Again--not to second guess--maybe give every RP supporter a prioritized list of delegates (no more than number to fill the slate) as they enter the caucus, as an emergency backup if TPTB prohibit distribution of other slates after proceedings convene.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Again--not to second guess--maybe give every RP supporter a prioritized list of delegates (no more than number to fill the slate) as they enter the caucus, as an emergency backup if TPTB prohibit distribution of other slates after proceedings convene.

I agree that would be a good back up to have.

jdcole
03-31-2012, 11:19 PM
My understanding is they wanted to print a list and the Romney folks called a vote and declared it voted down but people there didn't get a physical count.

No, he meant that the Romney had a slate of folks they voted for, but those folks happened to be the ballot folks. Since delegates were allowed to nominate from the floor and be written in, we should have had a printer on hand so that we could quick make a slate for all of our supporters to work off of, rather than having to coordinate via word-of-mouth and figure out a slate on the floor.

What is the lesson? Always have a printer (or two, or ten) SET UP at the conventions that is in direct control of the Paul supporters. Preferably a laser printer, so that printing is quick and clear. GO into the convention with pre-made slates of delegates, one featuring all-ron delegates, and then others featuring ron/santy ron/grinch splits to try and block Romneys goons. Have these ready as jpgs so that if people can't get a printed version, you can text the picture to their phone.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2012, 11:21 PM

And I also agree.

sailingaway
03-31-2012, 11:34 PM
No, he meant that the Romney had a slate of folks they voted for, but those folks happened to be the ballot folks. Since delegates were allowed to nominate from the floor and be written in, we should have had a printer on hand so that we could quick make a slate for all of our supporters to work off of, rather than having to coordinate via word-of-mouth and figure out a slate on the floor.

What is the lesson? Always have a printer (or two, or ten) SET UP at the conventions that is in direct control of the Paul supporters. Preferably a laser printer, so that printing is quick and clear. GO into the convention with pre-made slates of delegates, one featuring all-ron delegates, and then others featuring ron/santy ron/grinch splits to try and block Romneys goons. Have these ready as jpgs so that if people can't get a printed version, you can text the picture to their phone.

what I'm saying is they HAD a printer and weren't allowed to use it. Although the specific motion was for ballots.

parocks
04-01-2012, 12:45 AM

Where did you see / hear this? Link?

parocks
04-01-2012, 12:51 AM

That sure would suck if a lack of a printer caused this. At minimum, a sheet of Ron Paul delegates should exist in quantity before the caucus statrts.

I would suspect that we just didn't have the numbers.

SludgeFactory
04-01-2012, 06:49 AM

I was at this convention yesterday and will be there for the rest of it today. We had a printer and we did have an alternate slate put together that was distributed to people at the caucus for them to write in on the ballot. Problem was, there were either too many people who just wanted to rubber stamp the establishment slate, not enough people actually got the lists, or not enough people got the lists that understood what was actually happening. This list was made to garner the support of the Santorum people since there simply were not enough Paul people at the convention. Unfortunately, it was made too close to the convention so there wasn't ample time to figure out all the Santorum delegates in order to properly get it to all of them.

It was disgusting how many of the convention goers themselves just wanted to go about business as usual. I will say that this was way better than in 2008. At that convention no one even questioned anything. Yesterday, I think many people's eyes were opened or at the very least they realized that something may not be right.

bultza
04-01-2012, 12:38 PM
How has finish the Convention?
It has taken all the delegates Romney

rockandrollsouls
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Anyone have an update on this?

ichirix
04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Given that the pre-selected slate won, I'm fairly sure that the delegate count went
20 Romney
6 Santorum
2 Paul

Titus
04-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Where did you see / hear this? Link?

I'm inferring it. Most Ron Paul people are logical, so are Rick Santorum's. If we had a slate or system, our and probably Rick's people would have followed it and Romney would not have won by such a huge margin. Also, given the fact people could not see, they would not know who was who. The camps probably voted for their own and guessed on everybody elses.

ETA: I saw about the post about the printer now. Did we actually get those to Rick's people?

LatinsforPaul
04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Given that the pre-selected slate won, I'm fairly sure that the delegate count went
20 Romney
6 Santorum
2 Paul

Hard to believe that Ron Paul got more delegates from Oklahoma than from North Dakota yesterday (3>2)...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369936-Breaking-The-Spirit-of-Ron-Paul-is-in-EVERY-single-Oklahoma-District-5-National-delegate.&p=4326356#post4326356

SaulPaulinsky
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
What do we know about this guy?

Josh Schreiner ‏ @Schreiner4House Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Welcome to my new campaign twitter account! I look forward to helping keep North Dakota moving forward!

That a true liberty candidate is in the same race in District 42.

http://www.peterson42.com/

There are 3 candidates, you pick 2. Peterson is the only liberty candidate. The other two are Romneyite College Republicans that supported establishment-pushed candidates at the convention, included the defeated Shane Goettle, who lost to Brian Kalk (not a pure liberty candidate, but better than some) largely because of a strong push for Kalk from Ron Paul delegates.

Long story short, support/fund/like on facebook/etc. Mike Peterson -- not Schreiner.

alucard13mmfmj
04-02-2012, 01:40 PM
20 Romney
6 Santorum
2 Paul

is that the # going to the state? =(

SludgeFactory
04-02-2012, 08:51 PM
is that the # going to the state? =(

No, that is the number going to the national convention.

Gray Fullbuster
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
"The caucus strategy works!"