PDA

View Full Version : RT calls out Rand for defending the free market and oil companies...go defend him!

Highstreet
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrU4Imgrnf8

LibertyEagle
03-30-2012, 06:32 PM
So, the Russian government doesn't like the free market. Go figure. lol.

Libertea Party
03-31-2012, 05:37 AM
So, the Russian government doesn't like the free market. Go figure. lol.

And they really don't like competitors to their state-run oil company Gazprom. Especially since the biggest competitors are US oil companies that Rand Paul wants to make more competitive through lessening the tax burden on. Putin/Russia don't want more competition and thus their state-run media outlet Russia Today doesn't want more competition so they bash Rand Paul's attempts at boosting their competitors.

I hate to admit it but that's also why they put libertarians on as well. Russia sees it in its interest for the US to have a less interventionist foreign policy so they promote those ideas through their state-run media outlets like RT.

I think it undermines them in the end though. It exposes their predominately American viewers of Russian descent (A guess on my part) to ideas of liberty and makes figures like Ron/Rand Paul available to follow up on. When RT plays clips of Ron Paul railing on the imperial foolishness of Afghanistan I can't help but think the viewer will make the connection with Russia's blunder and their own renewed and (equally foolish) imperial designs.

NewRightLibertarian
03-31-2012, 05:39 AM
Hey, you can't please everybody.