PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove still loves us, and aren't we glad?

sailingaway
03-30-2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.minnpost.com/political-agenda/2012/03/collegeville-speech-karl-rove-says-romney-close-nomination

The Republican national strategist and former President George W. Bush aide said Republican contests on April 3 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Wisconsin could signal Romney is reaching "the beginning of the end" of his push for the nomination, Rove said, according to the St. Cloud Times.

Rove also said Ron Paul’s coalition of support is "unsustainable," and he said Rick Santorum was "Mr. Earmark" in the U.S. Senate, the paper said.

When told that Paul has a relatively strong following in central Minnesota, he described the Paul phenomenon as an "uneasy coalition of two disparate groups: young, antiwar isolationists and older, anti-Federal Reserve activists with 'two years’ supply of food in the cellar,' " the paper said.

I saw a tweet this morning reminding people that because of Rove we got W, and because of W we got Obama, and that really should have been the last time anyone listened to Rove....

TheGrinch
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh, the irony is rich of him using the word, "unsustainable" (not to mention patently false).

My ass Rove, you know as well as we do that the only thing unsustainable is the gravy train you corrupt POSes have set up (though I'm really not sure why I'm even bothering disputing the crap that he in particular spews).

Darguth
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey, I'm a young, anti-war, non-interventionist, anti-Federal Reserve supporter who is also prepping to store food/water for an emergency (though unlikely to go with a 2yr supply :P). Where do I fit in Mr. Rove?

sailingaway
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey, I'm a young, anti-war, non-interventionist, anti-Federal Reserve supporter who is also prepping to store food/water for an emergency (though unlikely to go with a 2yr supply :P). Where do I fit in Mr. Rove?

in his nightmares, one would suspect...

TheGrinch
03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Anti-war non-interventionalist and anti-Federal-Reserve activist THeGrinchWhoStoleDC said Republican contests on April 3 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Wisconsin could signal Romney is reaching "the beginning of the end" of being exposed as a flip-flopping corporatist, Grinch said, according to the St. Cloud Times.

Grinch also said that Rove's view of the world is "unsustainable" and terrifying, and he said Rick Santorum was "Mr. fake religious nutjob" in the U.S. Senate, the paper said.

When told that Paul has a relatively strong following in central Minnesota, he described the Paul phenomenon as an "friendly coalition of two disparate groups: people who think Rove and the establishment on both sides of the aisle are lying crooks, and those who know they are" the paper said.

CTRattlesnake
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Were coming for pricks like you Rove...stay classy a-hole

Jeremy
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Well he clearly doesn't understand who supports Ron, but I still appreciate his group running ads for Rand in 2010.

NewRightLibertarian
03-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Well he clearly doesn't understand who supports Ron, but I still appreciate his group running ads for Rand in 2010.

He ain't stupid and knows a winner when he sees one, but still fuck him. He understands who supports Ron, he's just spreading disinfo

kill the banks
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
damn ass commie criminal psycho

kathy88
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
What a pig.

DerailingDaTrain
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
There is a special place in Hell for people like Karl Rove: Satan's right hand man :D

alucard13mmfmj
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
did karl rove just called 30% of maine and 40% of virginians... pot heads? lol

revned
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
This guy is good at what he does, that's why they continue paying him.

Hopefully someday soon the media tricks will be exposed.

DerailingDaTrain
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM

Huh? I didn't see anything about that. He called the young people anti-war isolationists.

revned
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I realllly wish that term was more understood. It would solve a lot of our problems.

trey4sports
03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll see you in my nightmares.

Keith and stuff
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Those are some interesting percentages you came up with. What did Rove say about pot, anyway :)

sailingaway
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM

in the general. they were opposed to Rand in the primary.

A twenty three point spanking can change minds in political circles.

Danke
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
"older, anti-Federal Reserve activists with 'two years’ supply of food in the cellar," :toady:

jolynna
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
You would think rather than insulting US, the GOP would want to court us.

If THIS is how they woo, I'd hate to see how we got treated once we gave in and AFTER a deal was consummated.

In my opinion.

sailingaway
03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
You would think rather than insulting US, the GOP would want to court us.

If THIS is how they woo, I'd hate to see how we got treated once we gave in and AFTER a deal was consummated.

In my opinion.

they can't respect us in the morning if they never respected us the night before to begin with. You'd have to take hostages, keep leverage. But no one is talking about giving in. I expect the fight of a lifetime at the convention.

fr33
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Karl Rove sure is a smug sob and seems very proud to have thousands of people's blood on his hands. I'll wear some of what he described us as a badge of honor. I'll spare to forum of how I'd describe him.

jolynna
03-30-2012, 05:56 PM
they can't respect us in the morning if they never respected us the night before to begin with. You'd have to take hostages, keep leverage. But no one is talking about giving in. I expect the fight of a lifetime at the convention.

It is one thing for a pundit/political-expert to disagree with a politician's stance on the issues.

But, trashing the voters and stereotyping them is low class. And not especially smart if you think there might be a chance you might need something from them later.

I guess Mr. Rove thinks he is so hot, that those potential voters will gratefully forgive and forget, should Rove's chosen nominee begrudge them the privilege of some attention when he is in need.

In my opinion.

sailingaway
03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
It is one thing for a pundit/political-expert to disagree with a politician's stance on the issues.

But, trashing the voters and stereotyping them is low class. And not especially smart if you think there might be a chance you might need something from them later.

I guess Mr. Rove thinks he is so hot, that those potential voters will gratefully forgive and forget, should Rove's chosen nominee begrudge them the privilege of some attention when he is in need.

In my opinion.

Rove is so firmly in the neocon camp he can't extricate himself. I personally think he'd sell himself to the highest bidder and neocons were just the ones in power when he crested his career. However, like Kristol, his fortunes are tied to neocon power. Conservatives, including National Security Conservatives who care about ALL risks including the debt, Ron can work with. He isn't an existential threat to them. But neoconservatives have no future in a Ron Paul Presidency, and his carving a true fighting space for us in the GOP is a major threat to them, as well.

specsaregood
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Well he clearly doesn't understand who supports Ron,
never underestimate your enemy.

Rove knows exactly who support Dr. Paul. He probably knows better this than any of us. He has access all all kinds of resources to figure this out and the money and influence to have it compiled for him -- it is his business after all. Which is why he isn't going to just give that kind of information away for free; he is going to say what he wants people to think or what he think they want to hear. What he says is partly true; but those are just two common stereotypes of a much larger diverse group.

Evangelical_Protestant
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm twenty-nine, so I dont know what category I fall in, I think I'm either an old young person or a young old person. But whatever the case, I have more than two years of steam. Rove is treasonous and should be charged for conspiracy against the people. He's like the neo-cons manufacturer.

I wonder if he made phone calls to florida officials in the bush victory back in the day, or if he had anything to do with iowa getting fudged. He does always seem to appear on the news right before some counting controversy, where he is the first one to proclaim..."No, No, NO...those numbers probably arent right, my 'sources' tell me otherwise. To which fox news asks, "Which sources." To which rove responds, " Special sources."

Ok, that's a little dramatic, but that's basically how the dialog goes down. What a traitor.

PauliticsPolitics
03-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I expect the fight of a lifetime at the convention.
I expect a fight of a lifetime for a lifetime.

GraniteHills
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey Karl Rove: I've never been anything but a registered Republican, hailing from a lifelong Republican family from a longtime Republican state. Thanks for stealing my party from me, and from the rest of us.

Go back to Neocon land and take all the other post-Leninist, America-last, war-profiteering douchebags with you.