PDA

View Full Version : Oil Subsidies

dean.engelhardt
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Did we not just go through this “End Oil Subsidies” debate about a year ago? As I recall, the debate died when it was discovered that no subsidies existed. There were some tax breaks that were supposed to be taken care of last year.

If the government were giving subsidies to oil companies, I would be supporting the president on this. Since he lied about subsidies last year, I have no reason to believe he is telling me the truth now.

If the president wants to increase taxes on oil companies by ending specific tax breaks for the industry, he should make his case. This “Oil Subsidies” nonsense needs to go. It is condescending to the people.

Acala
03-30-2012, 09:08 AM
You mean other than the hundreds of billions spent annually for decades to acquire and protect oil company resources and shipping worldwide using our armed forces?

And, of course, the regulatory obstacles at every turn for alternate fuels and economical engines? Did you know that Ford makes a car that gets 80 mpg? You can buy it in Europe. The EPA bans the sale here.

dean.engelhardt
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
You mean other than the hundreds of billions spent annually for decades to acquire and protect oil company resources and shipping worldwide using our armed forces?

And, of course, the regulatory obstacles at every turn for alternate fuels and economical engines? Did you know that Ford makes a car that gets 80 mpg? You can buy it in Europe. The EPA bans the sale here.

Good points; but I don't think Obama is addressing these.

oyarde
03-30-2012, 10:44 AM
There are no breaks for Big Oil Co.'s outside of any other ordinary business that I am aware of. Congress closed that in 1975 .The small independant companies that drill in the US get some , but that is it. Fed Govt makes 196 million per day off of oil , 86 million in tax from oil companies , 110 million from the people in Fed gas tax.

oyarde
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Good points; but I don't think Obama is addressing these. No , that would make sense he is more fitted to divide , pick out which kids look like him ,promote some class welfare etc

Acala
03-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Good points; but I don't think Obama is addressing these.

Of course not, because he is in the same club with the oil companies etc. You know the Club? The one you and I are not in? Hahahahaha!

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
The current debate has less to do with sticking it to oil companies than it does with giving them ungodly amounts of money for worthless wind turbines. Dumbass people just don't seem to get it that big "horrible" petroleum companies like Enron and Mesa Power are the ones making Billions off the wind turbine scam.

oyarde
03-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Green tax money

oyarde
03-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Uh , that is not what this administration wnats to end , they want to end the non existant money...