PDA

View Full Version : GoPUSA.com Pwnd!!

JaylieWoW
11-14-2007, 02:14 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Before I get the ignore, why bother lecture let me say that I bothered because I was bored. Plus, I wanted to see for myself just how low the Republican party has sunk.

I've been watching GOPUSA for a little while now. I have not contributed anything because after seeing the way they treat anyone who openly admits they support Ron Paul, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. But, being that I'm totally bored at work right now, I took the time to respond on the forum to the following article. I've posted the entire article for reference sake, but have bolded one important item to take note of, specifically I am pointing out to the author (and the forum readers) that the very first assertion made in this article was false. It was a complete and total lie apparent to anyone who bothered to look at anything on that page other than the word Google at the top of the list and the amount.

I decided to start my debate with the very beginning of the article because that's really where most of us begin reading any article, duh, at the beginning! I hadn't even gotten to the paltry amount that was listed as being some concrete rock solid proof. And they accuse us of hairbrained, tin-foild-hat wearing, conspiracy nuts.

Maybe its just me, but if you write and article and your very first "fact" you present is false that tends to not only portray you as dishonest, but also insulting to the intelligence of those reading your "commentary".

Why The Ron Paul Campaign Is Dangerous
By J. B. Williams
November 12, 2007

According to official campaign fund raising filings posted at Open Secrets (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008), Ron Paul's top contributor is well known internet giant Google. Google, with Al Gore on the board of directors, has a long history of progressive political activism, both in the way they censor search results to bury conservative slanted stories, and in their campaign contribution habits, which is solidly Democrat, with the exception of Ron Paul.

.... and at the end of the article

That's it! These are the facts. You don't have to like them, you just need to know them.

Here is my response, for which I can only assume I was banned. I must have hit a nerve of truth, or rather the worst case of denial I have EVER seen in my life!!

Though I know my representation here will fall on deaf ears, I found some rather major problems with the guilt by association assertions made by Williams' articles. Frankly I don't see how anyone who bothered to study one of the few factual outside sources that Williams provided as verifiable could make the same logical conclusion as Williams.

I am speaking specifically of this passage within the article:

Quote:
According to official campaign fund raising filings posted at Open Secrets, Ron Paul's top contributor is well known internet giant Google. Google, with Al Gore on the board of directors, has a long history of progressive political activism, both in the way they censor search results to bury conservative slanted stories, and in their campaign contribution habits, which is solidly Democrat, with the exception of Ron Paul.

Everyone keeps yelling at the people who come here to refute the claims of this article to dish up some verifiable proof that Williams' claims are false. Well why don't we disseminate this particular misleading assertion.

I think it would have been at least somewhat honest for you to have provided the link for where the OpenSecrets.org website obtained their totals. Since you didn't, allow me to provide it for you, Google Contributions Broken Down by Contributor (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/search.asp?txtCID=N00005906&name=&employ=Google&state=%28all%29&zip=%28any+zip%29&submit=OK&amt=a&sort=A).

Since I don't see anything but individual donations and zero donations from any Google PAC, would you like to explain to me how this makes Google the company a top contributor to Ron Paul's campaign? Also, could you please remind me of that phrase about the ... "truth is seldom popular among those at odds with that truth" and how it applies to your story?

Also, even if you didn't feel it was worth the effort to break down the contributions, still, OpenSecrets put very obvious emphasis on the following note appearing right next to the list Mr. Williams decided proved his point about where support was coming from. It simply stated the following:
Quote:
The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Did anyone here who commended Mr. Williams for such a well thought out article do any thinking or looking on their own, or are you just so dead set against a particular candidate that you just are unwilling to actually see what is right before your eyes?

I do not intend to insult anyone, lest of all Mr. Williams, but I am really bothered by the supposed "truth" being misrepresented in such an obvious manner. Further, it greatly bothers me (yes, I know, you don't care what bothers me) that many others didn't note these specific facts before fawning praise.

Funny how at both the beginning and end of this article the writer insists upon qualities of the truth and the facts. But, when I prove beyond any doubt whatsoever that the very first factual claim he presents is a complete falsehood I am banned for my efforts.

The same user name and password (that I ALWAYS allow firefox to save for me on sites like this one, that is message boards) is magically no longer working. So, not only did the forum mod, Terri (what a hateful, non-substance spewing individual) completely ignore the fact I just presented, but also claimed that somehow showing that the authors very first premise stated in his article somehow proves the whole point of the article.

The attitude that prevails at that forum is this: If you don't agree with everything we say, even the stuff we lie about (like in this article), you're not a Republican and we are going to blame you rather than our own shortsightedness (refusing to acknowledge the facts just presented to us no matter how true it is) for the failure of the Republican party. Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but isn't this the attitude of everyone who wants a free ride. Blame everyone but yourself for the problem, yeah, great way to work at fixing it. Who would you like your welfare check made out to?

Wow, wow, WOW!!

I am now completely convinced this is the end of the Republican party. I think I'm going to start a letter writing campaign to all Republicans currently in public office who still believe in the true conservative and constitutional direction of government. I'm going to urge them to do something NOW to start a new party!! Well, I wouldn't really want a new party, how about no parties!!! :D

After this election, I am no longer a Republican. Period end of story. I don't care what happens to the Republican party, it's got coming every bit of what it deserves. Frankly, if more people don't wake up, I'm quite prepared to face a Hillary presidency.

I wisely saved a screenshot of my post, I suspect it will be banned too, though since no one on that forum seems capable of thinking for themselves it is highly likely Terri will leave it be since he/she seems so convinced that it proves the point of the article, it is quite likely the rest of the automatons on that site do as well. Probably simply because Terri says it does.

Below is entire article for reference

Why The Ron Paul Campaign Is Dangerous
By J. B. Williams
November 12, 2007

I am fast becoming the most unpopular man in America, among Ron Paul supporters that is. Truth is seldom popular among those at odds with that truth.

Paul supporters have worked diligently to convince voters that their candidate is the "real deal" constitutionalist conservative in the '08 presidential race and that he has a real chance of winning. But the facts simply don't support either of these claims and pointing this reality out seems to drive Paul supporters into a fit of unbridled rage.

The fact is, though Ron Paul himself is no threat to anyone or anything, his campaign is on a track that is very dangerous for America and the conservative movement in particular. Although he is highly unlikely to win anything, his campaign is increasingly likely to cause real trouble for the legitimate Republican nomination process.

Ron Paul's fund raising

Recent headlines have been focused on the record fund raising day in the Paul campaign. It was a very effective campaign stunt. Although he still trails most other candidates in overall fund raising by a pretty wide margin, his campaign grabbed headlines by setting up an internet campaign stunt designed to raise as much as possible in a single day.

It worked - they got the desired headlines - but what does it really mean? In the end, it won't change the outcome of the election process.

But the recent surge in campaign contributions did raise a more important question.

Where's all that money coming from?

At first, I assumed, and had even written, that Ron Paul's financial support was coming from the Libertarian wing of the Republican Party. Then I was corrected by former Ron Paul aide and founder of the Libertarian Republican Caucus, Eric Dondero, who also founded MainstreamLibertarian.com and hosts blogtalk radio show Libertarian Politics Live.

In an interview with Dondero, he emphatically complained; "Please refrain in the future from using the label "Libertarian Republican" in describing Ron Paul. Call him what he is: Some sort of populist leftwinger."

Dondero continued, "Since 9/11 Paul has become a complete nutcase conspiratorialist quasi-Anti-Semitic leftwing American-hating nutball."

These were strong words from a former aide to Mr. Paul (from 1997 -- 2003) and words worthy of investigation in my mind. So I decided to investigate, which in politics always means, follow the money.

Where is all that money coming from?

Upon investigation, it appears that Mr. Dondero is exactly right. Much of Ron Paul's money is not coming from mainstream Libertarians or Republicans.

Although he is running as a Republican, he actually has very little support from rank and file Republicans, as every national Republican poll confirms. But it turns out that he has very little support from mainstream Libertarians either. As Dondero pointed out, "Ron Paul is only attracting support from the leftwing side of the libertarian spectrum, virtually none of whom are Republicans."

According to official campaign fund raising filings posted at Open Secrets, Ron Paul's top contributor is well known internet giant Google. Google, with Al Gore on the board of directors, has a long history of progressive political activism, both in the way they censor search results to bury conservative slanted stories, and in their campaign contribution habits, which is solidly Democrat, with the exception of Ron Paul.

Like Howard Dean before him, Ron Paul first grabbed headlines with his very hi-tech internet campaign, which is now easily explained by the fact that his largest constituency is in the computer tech community. It also explains how Paul supporters have perfected the art of "spamming" or "jamming" online polls, creating a false impression of bigger support while invalidating poll after poll. Other tech giants like Microsoft and Verizon top his donors list as well.

Among Ron Paul's top donor zip codes are of course parts of Texas, but also heavily liberal districts in Chicago (60614), San Francisco (94117), more than 80% of which supports Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer, and Los Angeles -- Long Beach, which is his second largest donor area after Dallas.

What we have here is a candidate trying to win the Republican nomination by raising money from liberals across the political aisle.

This is why his fund-raising is not translating to improved poll positions

His donors are not Republicans. So no matter how much money he raises, it is not translating into Republican support in the polls. He remains at or below 5% support in every national Republican poll, no matter how much money he raises.

USA Today reports, "The Iowa Republican Party put out an advisory Tuesday setting standards for participation in a Dec. 4 debate. Sponsors said participants need to average 5% support among Republicans in recent national or Iowa polls -- and so far, Texas Rep. Ron Paul is one of the candidates not making the cut."

In Pollster.com's latest averaging of national poll results of Republicans, Paul's support comes in at 2.7%. The website calculates Paul's support among Republicans in Iowa, based on polls there, to be 3.8%.

Yet his supporters still claim he is much more popular than the national polls indicate and that he will be the come from behind shocker at the Republican convention. How?

Here's where the Ron Paul campaign becomes dangerous

Because Paul supporters know that support coming from non-Republicans is not reflected in the Republican polls, they have started a campaign to promote party-jumping so that their anti-war supporter's from the left can vote in the Republican primary.

Twenty four states have "open" primaries, which means, one need not be Republican to vote in those Republican primaries. Ron Paul supporters are promoting both strategies -- one in which Democrats, Independents, and members of other third parties can vote for him in "open" primaries where possible, and switch parties to vote for him where the primaries are "closed."

The mere notion that a Republican presidential candidate should be nominated by this strategy is insane and very dangerous to the entire election process. At a minimum, it is a demonstration of just what kind of people are behind the Ron Paul campaign, obviously, not constitutionally conscious people. I do not know if the Paul campaign itself is behind this effort. But I am sure that the campaign is aware of this effort, as well as the fact that much of their funding is coming from people other than Republicans.

The Daily Paul is openly promoting Change Party Affiliation to Republican to Participate in Primaries. "As you may realize, there are many people from across the spectrum planning to support Ron Paul: Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Green Party members, disenfranchised Democrats, and of course the disenfranchised Republicans. Many of these people may not realize that they NEED to change party affiliations to Republican to vote in the GOP Primary in many States." (A direct quote from the site)

So, how Republican is Republican candidate Ron Paul?

If he's funded largely by anti-war leftists, from Democrat stronghold districts and counting on Democrats, Libertarians and members of the Green Party to win the Republican nomination, not very...

The only Republicans we find in his campaign are those myopic small government conservatives angry with Bush for his Democrat-like spending habits. Those so angry with Bush, that they are willing to overlook all of this just to vote for a candidate who promises less spending. Of course, we can't entirely overlook the handful of moderate Republicans who oppose the war in Iraq either, few as they are.

Why is the Ron Paul campaign dangerous?

Despite his very real popularity across the political aisle, he is not likely to get enough people to switch parties in order to win the RNC nomination. But he is doing a great job of validating the perspective of all the negative propaganda uttered by leftists against Bush, Republicans, the War on Terror and national security. That's not good.

He is also doing a great job of helping the left undermine the war on terror and that's why he's so popular among anti-war leftists, including in the press. This is bad.

But even worse, he threatens the integrity of the Republican nomination process itself by relying upon non-Republicans to win the Republican nomination.

Last, at a time in American history when the Republican Party must be more united and engaged than ever before, when every available conservative vote is needed in next years general election, Paul and his supporters are busy carving up the party for their own anti-Republican agenda.

I hate wasting this much press time on Ron Paul. But the Paul campaign is becoming a real threat to the Republican primary process and if allowed to continue, he will take votes away from the most conservative Republican candidates in the party, not the most liberal. This is bad for the party and the country.

That's why his campaign has become dangerous.

I actually agree with many of Ron Paul's positions, outside of his suicidal national security perspective of course. But I can not agree with the campaign tactics of using leftist money and votes to hijack the Republican nomination and I'm shocked that any Republican would.

There's really no need to write another word about Ron Paul. If you can know all of these facts, follow the money and the links provided for their campaign tactics and still support him, you're no Republican, much less a conservative or constitutionalist.

Real Republicans need to be aware and unite to block this effort to hijack the party nomination.

National elections are decided by a couple points one way or another today. Republicans can't afford to let any candidate play games with their nomination process. Republicans need a candidate that will unite and motivate conservative voters, not one that divides and undermines that process.

That's it! These are the facts. You don't have to like them, you just need to know them.

jcbraithwaite7
11-14-2007, 02:38 PM
This is the oped I submitted to GOPUSA (haven't heard back yet... big shocker_

It’s My Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To
For the record I am Republican. I wish I could say, “Always have been, always will” but the way things are going I’m beginning to wonder. In the recent months I have been called some pretty awful names. Tonight Glenn Beck likened me to a terrorist because I donated money on November 5th to the Ron Paul campaign in what was called a “money bomb.” So after being accused of not being Republican and being a terrorist I read “Why the Ron Paul Campaign is Dangerous.” Confused by all of this I did some research to find the definition of Republican. I found this on the GOP website:

I Believe… The proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.
Me: Check
Ron Paul: Check

I Believe… Good government is based upon the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom, and responsibility must be honored and recognized.

I Believe… The free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.

I Believe… Sound money management should be our goal.

I Believe… In equal right, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin.

I Believe… We must retain those principles of the past worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.
Me: Check however I subscribe to Ben Franklin’s advice to never trade liberty for security. Ditto for Ron Paul

I Believe… That Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
Me: Check but our goodness can’t be spread with the barrel of a gun.
Ron Paul: Check However it said, “Share a desire for peace, freedom and human rights.” Not subsidize these things while we neglect them at home.

I Believe… The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
Me: but hanging on by a by a thread.
Ron Paul: Check. He is a big R Republican and a little l Libertarian. He has been elected to 10 terms as a Republican Congressman.

The thing I didn’t see was, “I Believe… in nation building, policing the world, spreading our goodness via the barrel of a gun and the war.” So how can I not be a Republican? I know I have to believe in Christ or I’m not a Christian. Do I have to support the war to be considered a Republican?
JB Williams spewed a lot of vitriol in his commentary. So the big fear is that Ron Paul will bring people to the Republican Party and they will vote in the primaries. Oh the horror. I am tired of being treated like the bastard at the family reunion. I AM Republican. I AM conservative. I DO support Ron Paul. So do many of my family members, staff and friends who are also mainstream Republicans.

I have always been a Republican. I only voted once for a Democrat. I was 5 and it was in Mrs. Buckenberger’s kindergarten class. She set up a curtain and we took our Weekly Readers in and cast our votes. I voted for Jimmy Carter. I thought he looked smiley and Gerald Ford had already had his turn. That was the only time I ever voted for a Democrat. Ronald Reagan was the Commander in Chief during my formative years. As a child I wanted Ronald Reagan to be my grandpa. He was revered in my home and conservative values were instilled.

When it came time to vote in my first presidential election I was suffering from pneumonia. My dad bundled me up and drove me to the polls. I voted from my car because I was so sick but I knew how important it was to participate. I voted for George H Bush. I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.

I supported the war in Iraq. I was angry over 9/11 and wanted to blow the whole Middle East to oblivion. I read Rush’s books, watched Hannity and O’Reilly. I circulated the anti-Clinton jokes, examples of media bias and pro-war emails. I prayed and sent care packages while my 4 brother-in-laws were deployed to Iraq. I cheered when the statues of Saddam came down and was proud of the purple fingers signaling democracy. Mission was accomplished. The banner said so. Yet the spending, the borrowing money from China, the death toll kept rising. The costs keep piling up and “victory” seems undefined and elusive. I still stayed loyal to Bush and the GOP but doubts began creeping in. The Patriot Act, the scandals, the carving away of our liberties combined with McCain and Bush trying to ram amnesty down our throats along with out of control spending seems anything but conservative to me.

Being a good Republican woman I watched the first debates. I listened closely and even went to every candidate’s website to research further. After all of my research I was leaning toward Ron Paul. I really liked all of his stances and especially liked his Constitutional voting record. Intrigued I watched the next debate. This is where my eyes were opened. Most pundits think that the tete a tete between Rudy and Dr. Paul was a homerun for Rudy. Not so. I watched that interaction and then saw my beloved Fox News spin the story more than a centrifuge. Ron Paul was saying we need to examine our foreign policy as motive for terrorists. That was spun into “We deserved 9/11” I knew that was not what Dr. Paul was saying but the media took it an ran with it.

Have you ever looked at one of those pictures that when you focus on it you are able to see a whole new picture? Well that is what I felt like. I started hearing, “Ron Paul isn’t a Republican.” I was actually called a “liberal” by my aunt when I expressed that I liked Ron Paul and was for a more humble foreign policy. Me a liberal and unpatriotic! I’m the girl who won the Daughter’s of American Revolution Citizen Bee. I had “We Stand Proud” and the Statue of Liberty on my class ring. I have a yellow ribbon on my car. I donated to the GOP. I am pro-life and pro-gun. I own a business and am married to a doctor. I have never, been on welfare nor has anyone in my family. I am college educated, taught Bible school, drive the speed limit, don’t do drugs, didn’t even fill my prescription for Marinol when I was suffering from cancer. I was teased in school for being a square and teased because I always obeyed the law and wore my seat belt when we went cruising in high school. I always thought that those were pretty decent if not stereotypical Republican bona fides. Now I am labeled a Liberal and a Lefty? I sympathize with the Salem Witches and targets of McCarthy trials. To be accused of something so untrue is just wrong.

JB Williams noted in his commentary:
Upon investigation, it appears that Mr. Dondero is exactly right. Much of Ron Paul's money is not coming from mainstream Libertarians or Republicans.
Although he is running as a Republican, he actually has very little support from rank and file Republicans, as every national Republican poll confirms. But it turns out that he has very little support from mainstream Libertarians either. As Dondero pointed out, "Ron Paul is only attracting support from the leftwing side of the libertarian spectrum, virtually none of whom are Republicans."
It is so funny that we idolize Ronald Reagan for uniting the country and being able to garner votes of Democrats. Now this is a vile thing?
Because Paul supporters know that support coming from non-Republicans is not reflected in the Republican polls, they have started a campaign to promote party-jumping so that their anti-war supporter's from the left can vote in the Republican primary.
True there is a push to get people registered to vote. Many of Ron Paul’s supporters come from all areas of the political spectrum. What is most amazing is that Ron Paul has been able to capture the attention and support of people who until now have been politically apathetic. Young people who previously had been engrossed with iPods, X-Boxes and Paris Hilton are now jazzed about getting rid of The Federal Reserve and have discovered the wisdom of our Founding Fathers and the Constitution. I am hearing over and over people say, “I have not voted in 30 years” and “I always voted but never campaigned or donated to a candidate.” Before this campaign I never so much as put a bumper sticker on my car and now I have donated, am campaigning, put up signs and joined a meetup group.

JB Williams speculates that Ron Paul gets money from Google because he is a liberal in bed with Al Gore. That is not true. Ron Paul spoke for over an hour at Google. Watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg He made many converts when he spoke. He often does when he can elaborate on his ideas more than a 30 second sound byte. He is able to rekindle that spark that has been missing. While I agree that there should not be party hopping for malicious reasons- inspiring someone to change party because they want you to be president is a different matter. Ron Paul if elected with be the POTUS not the POTRP (President of the Republican Party.)

Let’s look at it another way. Ron Paul’s fundraising and voter registration is bringing people to the party. If the GOP wants to turn its nose up at this new found enthusiasm and money well then we deserve to be defeated. Notice I said “we” because again I AM Republican. However, Reagan’s big tent is beginning to look like a cocktail umbrella. The 8.1 million this quarter is money that did not go to Democrats. To the shame of our party the Democrat’s coffers are filling up while our fundraising is lagging. Why is Ron Paul’s money is not welcome here?

I am often asked, “Will you support the Republican nominee?” It is a loaded question. Let me ask you. Is a gold medalist who bribes the judges and uses steroids a champion? The Republican Party buries its head in the sand and chastises anyone who remotely questions the party line. We are never to question our leaders. We are to blindly support whatever they say and toe the party line. We are to stand by and watch as our country is handed over to illegals, our borders breached, our dollar crashes, our sovereignty threatened, our jobs shipped overseas and the albatross of debt balloons under “Conservative” leadership. The party encourages us to hold our noses and pick between a pro-choice, anti-gun, 3 times married guy whose own children abhor him, a Mormon flip-flopper, a noble war hero who champions amnesty and offers more of the same, an actor not even close to the vein of Ronald Reagan and a preacher who seems to be campaigning for court jester and not president. Meanwhile a man of integrity, conservative values, a unifying message of hope and freedom gets raked over the coals. Now those who support him are likened to terrorists and treated like party crashers. Lew Rockwell is accused of being in bed with Islamofacists. Where is the sanity in any of this?

So when a man like Ron Paul is seen as a traitor to his party and a good Republican woman like me is called a liberal it is a sad state of things. Oh how our party has lost its way. As the song goes, “It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want To.” If the GOP doesn’t want to include those of us who support Ron Paul they do it to the party’s detriment. If my fellow Republicans allow the party to take this turn away from true conservative values then maybe I’m not a Republican and longer.

jcbraithwaite7
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
ok so I just tried to register with GOPUSA and was banned before I even got to post something!

Bossobass
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I love intelligent women.

I suggest that Josh open a women only forum where you two (I hereby nominate you both) can, just by great posts like these, encourage other women to speak their minds on these sorts of issues.

The guys would only be allowed to read and not post. We generally tend to muck things up and push the ladies out of the room, IMHO. This works against us in that we end up missing a slew of great perspectives on any given issue.

RP is polling terribly amongst women in the polls I've seen, whereas he was polling 2 to 1 women vs men back in Jan-Mar of this year. I think it's simply because they don't have as much a voice as they should in the political process, generally speaking.

I hope the mods see my suggestion (really, more of a personal request) and take it seriously.

In any case, I very much appreciated reading these posts. Great stuff.

Bosso

Bryan
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I love intelligent women.

I suggest that Josh open a women only forum where you two (I hereby nominate you both) can, just by great posts like these, encourage other women to speak their minds on these sorts of issues.

The guys would only be allowed to read and not post. We generally tend to muck things up and push the ladies out of the room, IMHO. This works against us in that we end up missing a slew of great perspectives on any given issue.

RP is polling terribly amongst women in the polls I've seen, whereas he was polling 2 to 1 women vs men back in Jan-Mar of this year. I think it's simply because they don't have as much a voice as they should in the political process, generally speaking.

I hope the mods see my suggestion (really, more of a personal request) and take it seriously.

In any case, I very much appreciated reading these posts. Great stuff.

Bosso
Seen. :) If there is demand, it will happen.

BTW- we have a new feedback sub-forum that these things can be posted in to make sure a mod sees it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193

:)

mbauer
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I get the same response over at Redstate.

SeanEdwards
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
All I can say is WOW!

The republican party doesn't deserve Ron Paul.

Now, I want to see Paul win. But I really wouldn't mind seeing a scenario whereby he wins as third party candidate and drives a stake through the heart of this two party monstrosity.

On the other hand, I could be satisfied with a thorough purging of the GOP party once Paul takes over. :D That's probably a better way to go. Send the repugnant repubs off into 3rd party purgatory.

fcofer
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Just wanted to mention that I thought these threads were interesting reads.

I especially commend you for presenting your arguments reasonably and politely over at those forums. If your posts haven't been deleted yet, I bet that many who read them have begun to consider Ron Paul in a different light.

Ignore any people who insinuate that you are wasting your time. Every little bit helps, and winning goodwill (or even converts) among people who frequent political forums, no matter which ones, is very important. These people are necessarily interested in politics and are much more likely to (1) vote in the primaries, and (2) sway the opinions of others who might vote in the primaries. Swaying the opinion of one reader at gopusa or redstate is worth ten times as much as the general population.

Good job. :)

dustup
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I have a confession to make.....I was banned at GOPUSA :confused: for posting "Florida GOP Official Threatens Ron Paul Straw Poll Voter with Violence" like I did here:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46756

Only I asked if anyone could verify the incident to be true or false.....I stated if it was untrue I would gladly delete the post and apologize to REC chairman Tony DiMatteo...I sent him an e-mail and asked him to confirm or deny two days ago...no reply yet! :rolleyes: Why am I not surprised? :D

But at least I know what the GOP stands for at GOPUSA...........GOONS ON PATROL!:D

I've been a Registered Republican for most of my life, but after the primary I will change my party affiliation to The Constitution Party with a letter to the editor.

GO RON PAUL! GO RON PAUL FORUMS.COM! The new home of the TRUE Conservative! Thank you for this forum and letting me voice my opinion!

Sandra
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
The article was written on information furnished by ERIC DONDERO!.Google please!

CurtisLow
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
The republican party doesn't deserve Ron Paul.

Now, I want to see Paul win. But I really wouldn't mind seeing a scenario whereby he wins as third party candidate..

Really, I think he will if he does not get the nomination. He has such a large following that I don't see him bailing on us. I think he wants to ride the republican wave to the end. Every time I heard RP say he not interested in a third party run, he does not seem sincere about it.

Great Job JaylieWoW!! ;)

dustup
12-15-2007, 02:29 AM
The article was written on information furnished by ERIC DONDERO!.Google please!

I have searched....do you have a link where he furnished the info? If so please post it.......

TheIndependent
12-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Wait, they're listening to DONDERO of all people? What a fucking loon. He's been called out on more lies than he has cells in his body.

Minuteman
12-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Jaylie, Jc. Very inspiring.