PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Post On Mike Gallagher's FB Page

Captain Shays
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
This Ron Paul supporter wrote a very interesting take on Ron Paul's support for Israel as was part of the topic today on Gallegher's program. Some very interesting facts included. If you think the guy made a good argument maybe you could "like" it or respond

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Gallagher.Mike

RichieLibertarian
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
what is the posters name, how far down on page?

Captain Shays
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
David Croce. Last I saw it was toward the top. The guy holding a little indian kid

RichieLibertarian
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
nice, great post

fr33
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I listen to him sometimes. I don't really agree with him or consider him a friend of liberty. There was once when I heard him gushing over Ron Paul saying that he just can't help but like him and that he understands why we like him. Then there's another time I can't shake from my memory when he said he feels unpatriotic to leave the house without an American flag lapel pin attached at all times.

Captain Shays
03-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I cou7ldn't listen to the jihad against Ron Paul by Dom Giordano so in my market the only other talk show was Gallagher. When I strted to listen he made i his duty to be fair and objective to every candidate including Ron Paul. I listen ever day now

Paulatized
03-30-2012, 05:50 AM
[QUOTE=fr33;4322405]I listen to him sometimes. I don't really agree with him or consider him a friend of liberty. There was once when I heard him gushing over Ron Paul saying that he just can't help but like him and that he understands why we like him. Then there's another time I can't shake from my memory when he said he feels unpatriotic to leave the house without an American flag lapel pin
attached at all times.[/QUOTE

Most likely due to indoctrination, I have realized that many people confuse patriotism and nationalism.

I like this quote:
Patriotism is proud of a country’s virtues and eager to correct its deficiencies; it also acknowledges the legitimate patriotism of other countries, with their own specific virtues. The pride of nationalism, however, trumpets its country’s virtues and denies its deficiencies, while it is contemptuous toward the virtues of other countries. It wants to be, and proclaims itself to be, “the greatest,” but greatness is not required of a country; only goodness is. — Sydney J. Harris

And, also from Sydney Harris:
The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.

This may be what is heading us to fascism...

Captain Shays
03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
It may be whats heading us toward fascism. I noticed that a lot of Christians equate patriotism with their Christianity. They valorize warriors as somehow Christian soldiers. Many people confuse defending "freedom" all over the world with defending our own freedom.

I hope more people visit this guy's posts and support him becuase he's making GREAT arguments that I don't know how any Christian or non Christian patriot can argue against. Some guy named John just came out and said "sorry David I just don't agree with you". The guy responded something along the lines of "I quoted the bible, the founding fathers and the Constitution it's not me you disagree with it's them". I totally agree with him. The guy posted some really juicy quotes from Washington, Jefferson, JQ Adams about a foreign policy that mirrors Ron Paul. He quoted the bible. How in this world can one say they are a Christian and believe that the Constitution is the rule of law and elevate the founding fathers to the status of wise men and then ignore all that the bible says, the founders said and the Constitution says?

What will it take to break the indoctrination? What will it take to convince those people?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the guy isn't making good arguments? If I was a neocon he would certainly turn me around though. He has me convinced even if nobody else agrees.