PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Romney vs. Paul

LisaNY
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I know it's not that big a deal, but I compared the ratings for fun and wanted to share with you:

Tuesday, March 20th, Ron's appearance (no promotion on msm):

via NBC press note:

In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:

* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.8/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.6/7; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 2.9/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.4/4.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.9/4; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 1.0/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/21/tv-ratings-tuesday-ncis-tops-night-but-sees-lows-new-girl-hits-low-too-cougar-town-unforgettable-inch-up/125358/

Tuesday, March 27, Mitt Romney's appearance (which was promoted by politico, cnn, all the usual suspects) ):

via NBC press note:

In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.7/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.5/6; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.8/9; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/6.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 0.7/4; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 1.1/5; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/4.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/tv-ratings-tuesday-ncis-new-girl-raising-hope-biggest-loser-at-ratings-lows-dancing-with-the-stars-results-plunges/126360/

He didn't beat him by much, but considering how Mitt's appearance was hyped and Ron's blacked out it shows our man is still quite popular. And of course he bought in significantly more younger viewers.

EDIT: The numbers usually get "revised" after a week or so, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron's numbers go up once all the dvr viewing is factored in.

LibertyEagle
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
That was interesting. Thanks for posting it.

PolicyReader
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
That was interesting. Thanks for posting it.
Agreed.

tttppp
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I know it's not that big a deal, but I compared the ratings for fun and wanted to share with you:

Tuesday, March 20th, Ron's appearance (no promotion on msm):

via NBC press note:

* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.8/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.6/7; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 2.9/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.4/4.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.9/4; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 1.0/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/21/tv-ratings-tuesday-ncis-tops-night-but-sees-lows-new-girl-hits-low-too-cougar-town-unforgettable-inch-up/125358/

Tuesday, March 27, Mitt Romney's appearance (which was promoted by politico, cnn, all the usual suspects) ):

via NBC press note:

In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.7/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.5/6; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.8/9; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/6.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 0.7/4; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 1.1/5; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/4.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/28/tv-ratings-tuesday-ncis-new-girl-raising-hope-biggest-loser-at-ratings-lows-dancing-with-the-stars-results-plunges/126360/

He didn't beat him by much, but considering how Mitt's appearance was hyped and Ron's blacked out it shows our man is still quite popular. And of course he bought in significantly more younger viewers.

EDIT: The numbers usually get "revised" after a week or so, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron's numbers go up once all the dvr viewing is factored in.

Do you have the numbers from Ron's appearance in December? He appeared to have much more support during that appearance.