PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Health Care at State Level.

No Free Beer
03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
What do you all think about groups who lobby their state governments for funds to help childrens health care. By childrens health care, I mean the "mentally-ill/impaired."

BTW, please don't start a philosophical discussion trying to determine what "mentally-ill" truly means and who has the right to diagnose such labels.

donnay
03-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I think it should be taken to the communities and start charities. I wouldn't involve the state in any way. To me that is still welfare, that everyone is forced to pay for at the barrel of a gun.

No Free Beer
03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I think it should be taken to the communities and start charities. I wouldn't involve the state in any way. To me that is still welfare, that everyone is forced to pay for at the barrel of a gun.

elaborate.

tod evans
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
So long as the entire state agrees and no federal tax dollars are used I say go for it.

No Free Beer
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
So long as the entire state agrees and no federal tax dollars are used I say go for it.

That would never happen.

donnay
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
elaborate.

I do not think the state should get involved in any of this. Because then you are beholden to the state for the care of people and they will tax you to care for people whether you want to or not. If you want to start a group to help mentally ill people then it should be done by soliciting Churches/Businesses in your community.