PDA

View Full Version : 7 Months or so in a Row and i Haven't Watched any Major News Outlets.

AngryCanadian
03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I started this practice after that last debate, but so far its great that i did it, not only do i feel great, but the TV commercials dont seem to have an impact even when there actors are putting there best put fake smiles to sell you the product, unfortunately they dont have an effect on me.

Every time i see a TV ad i just yawn at it, there are few funny ads but honestly they dont effect me at all and the best all of this is that i feel great that i stopped watching the news.

If i want my news the internet is all that i need for any news that i need, without the MSM telling or showing me how should i think or what to support.

moderate libertarian
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
That would improve your awareness level right off the bat by filtering out ignorant misleading corporate controlled propaganda.

I don't even remember the last time I watched cable news, just sampled on air news for few hours in last year. Not sure how much of money sent to cable news companies indirectly goes towards war crimes but not interested in contributing to their profits.

camp_steveo
03-28-2012, 07:02 PM
I did the same thing when I realized how they were treating Dr Paul.

My life has been changed for the better.

RonPaulMall
03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't even have cable. Any TV shows or movies I want I just download them from the net. Watch the edited Ron Paul portions of debates on my computer. Get all my news online. Much better system than dealing with the MSM, the commercials, and the chum that is televsion.

WilliamC
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I started this practice after that last debate, but so far its great that i did it, not only do i feel great, but the TV commercials dont seem to have an impact even when there actors are putting there best put fake smiles to sell you the product, unfortunately they dont have an effect on me.

Every time i see a TV ad i just yawn at it, there are few funny ads but honestly they dont effect me at all and the best all of this is that i feel great that i stopped watching the news.

If i want my news the internet is all that i need for any news that i need, without the MSM telling or showing me how should i think or what to support.

I am glad you escaped the matrix my friend :)

Welcome to reality!

moderate libertarian
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Google news sampling seem to be best option along with some select liberty minded sources.
Have stopped reading Drudge report also unless for entertainment, was better for RP coverage than MSM but lately again it is going back to pro Iran war, pro Israeli coverage just as it had played up lies and propganda ahead of Iraq war.

I don't even have cable. Any TV shows or movies I want I just download them from the net.

Get netflix if you haven't already, unlimited movies/tv shows for under $10 p.m.

heavenlyboy34
03-28-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't even remember the last time I watched TV. I watched a few of the debates online.