PDA

View Full Version : If you are waiting till April 15 to donate, you are doing it wrong!

FrankieLars
03-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Moneybombs are fine and all, but they are no longer the publicity thing that multi-million dollars in one day may have been. And it does not good to wait 3 weeks to donate, all he while the campaign is getting less than $10,000 a day like today (a good $15,000 less than he was averaging before this past one) just to get a few hundred thousand at the next money bomb. Looking at today's total is just pathetic.

Is it nice to say that he raised $1 million in 4 days? Sure. But if you count how much will come in over the next two+ weeks, it will be the $1 million from last weekend, plus only another couple hundred thousand. For about $1.25 million in almost a month. Suddenly that is not all that great.

Besides, he could use the money now, unless you want him ignoring all three states next Tuesday. Those are very important states to prevent Romney from gaining a LOT of momentum. He will most surely win all of them, but it will be all the more worse for Ron Paul, or any of the others for that matter if Romney gets a majority of the popular vote, rather than just a plurality. DC may be a lost cause. But the other two might be possible to keep Romney around 40%. May not matter much with delegates, but if he does get 50% in all three, you know the media will not hold back in declaring him the nominee even more than they already are. Hell...Romney has closed the gap in Pennsylvania, and if he takes PA along with all the other obvious wins he will get both next week and the 24th, the media will probably be right. It seems Santorum is pulling a Guiliani and placing all his eggs in the Pennsylvania basket. But it is starting to backfire

And the problem is, it seems as though Gingrich and Santorum have conceded next week entirely. So not only is it up to Ron Paul to prevent it, but it may allow Paul to take at LEAST a close third, if not sneak in a second place.

Darguth
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I get paid on a bi-weekly basis, and I've donated from each of my last 5 paychecks. I expect to continue that until I max out or Ron Paul drops out. So I'll be donating in just a couple of days and then again on the 15th.

Am I doing it right, then?