PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Ron Paul? , Hit piece On RP

AngryCanadian
03-28-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.salon.com/2012/03/28/whatever_happened_to_ron_paul_he_just_isnt_that_po pular/singleton/#

The Times asks why the libertarian candidate turned out to be less beloved than the Internet made him seem

He, uh… well, this happened to him: He is running for president still but he hasn’t won any primaries. He has 50 delegates. The end.

Or maybe, and just hear me out here, maybe Ron Paul has always been a niche candidate with a small but incredibly vocal base of support? Maybe the rallies full of thousands of college students represented essentially the entirety of his following and not just the most committed element? Maybe a cantankerous lifelong congressman who combines a steadfast antiwar position with long-discredited crank monetary ideas was never actually remotely likely to come close to winning the Republican nomination? (And his history of embracing racist white populism probably hurt him with “independents,” besides the racist independents.)

And Obama polls better against Paul, beating him 47 percent to 37 percent in a two-man race, than he does against Romney alone.

So that’s whatever happened to Ron Paul.

The writer for this article is Alex Pareene. And you know what? i am not surprised this is what happens when vote rigging happens and i am getting sick of it.

It seems that Alex Pareene has no clue on whats going in the world you can clearly see it the way he did with his article.
And also claims that some of the independents are white racists? i would him to back up on his claims and provide proof in which i doubt he will.
:rolleyes:

This is the worst Hit piece On RP yet.

But please dont respond to the writer with emails or whatever the idea you may have, yes i know his attacking Ron Paul but still he shows how ill informed Pareene is.

Hench in one of his articles he wants Jon huntsman to run in 2016? what a joke.

*Please move to the Media section sorry mods.

DerailingDaTrain
03-28-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.salon.com/2012/03/28/whatever_happened_to_ron_paul_he_just_isnt_that_po pular/singleton/#

So that’s whatever happened to Ron Paul.

The writer for this article is Alex Pareene. And you know what? i am not surprised this is what happens when vote rigging happens and i am getting sick of it.

It seems that Alex Pareene has no clue on whats going in the world you can clearly see it the way he did with his article.
And also claims that some of the independents are white racists? i would him to back up on his claims and provide proof in which i doubt he will.
:rolleyes:

This is the worst Hit piece On RP yet.

But please dont respond to the writer with emails or whatever the idea you may have, yes i know his attacking Ron Paul but still he shows how ill informed Pareene is.

Hench in one of his articles he wants Jon huntsman to run in 2016? what a joke.

*Please move to the Media section sorry mods.

Media spin. Don't you know that Salon hates Paul?

Weston White
03-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Salon.com is the media equivalent of a contrived tabloid magazine based out of San Francisco, CA -so a doubly big cares what they write about.

As to the “editor” of the article Alex Pareene (hmm... say, what rhymes with “Pareene”), I would not put too much stock in that dorky fruitcake; who had left from Gawker (viz., Gawker Media, a NY area gossip blog/magazine) so as to be with Salon.

I am happy to state that I just simply do not pay much mind to dorky fruitcakes that move from one horrid environment right into another (note for the future, one does not live in San Francisco, but merely visits it, and never, under any circumstances, ever use it as a base of business operations), meanwhile continuing their downward crashing spiral headfirst into such a pointless, meaningless occupation, i.e., working as a gossip columnist.