PDA

View Full Version : Rush Talking Paul Now

michaelwise
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
About people stolen credit card scam in Texas. Commercial break now.

Cindy
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
That's old news. Some scumbags used Pauls site as a testing site to make $5 test charges to see if the stolen cards where still active and good. As soon as it was discovered, the campaign immediately returned the funds.

Whoever did this knew it would refelct negatively on the campaign when it was discovered and were not RP supporters. They were scum bags I am sure we would all like to get our hands on.

The campaign was a victim of this. They had to pay the credit card fees on the acceptance and return of 600, $5. transactions.

If Rush doesn't tell it as so, he is slanderous scum as well.

uncloned21
11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
...so what else was said?

tekkierich
11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I used to work for a web design and hosting company that specialized in "member driven organizations" (read non-profits and lobbying groups).

This happens to all "donation" web sites of any popularity all of the time. It is a tactic that is used to see if the cards are working. They bet on the fact that these charities are not as vigilant about CC card theft.

Anyway, this is nothing at all special to the Paul campaign.

chrismatthews
11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
$3000 out of 4.3 million is a fraud rate that any credit card company would kill to have. The headline isn't that $3000 dollars was sent to the Paul campaign fraudulently.

bbachtung
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
They were probably testing the cards so that they could order some Oxycontin from one of Rush's doctors.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
rush can go to hell

Falseflagop
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Stop listening to that SHILL !!! When he starts to talk RP you know its a hit piece , no wonder his ratings are dropping like a rock and radio stations in various parts of teh country are dumping him!

amonasro
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
It just exposes him for the mouthpiece that he is. Neocon talking head.

michaelwise
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
He basically just read the Texas story. That's old news, so why bring it up now. Is he fishing for RP callers?

WillInMiami
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
They were probably testing the cards so that they could order some Oxycontin from one of Rush's doctors.

That's an ignorant thing to say. Have you ever been perscribed pain medication for severe pain? I injured my back on a jump while in the Army. For about a year I took Percocet for severe pain. I became slightly adicted to the point that I would take them even when not in pain. I stopped taking them after about a year. However, I can definately sympathize with Rush. He was originally prescribed the Oxycontin for an injury and became addicted. He was exposed, admitted it, went to rehab - end of story. It's pretty low for people to keep throwing it up whenever he says something that they don't like...

familydog
11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
If you listened to the segment, you'd know that Rush was just reading the headlines like he always does and mentioned several times the money was returned. It was very fair. I urge people to actually listen to something for themselves rather than guess something was or was not a hit piece.

FluffyUnbound
11-14-2007, 02:13 PM
That's an ignorant thing to say. Have you ever been perscribed pain medication for severe pain? I injured my back on a jump while in the Army. For about a year I took Percocet for severe pain. I became slightly adicted to the point that I would take them even when not in pain. I stopped taking them after about a year. However, I can definately sympathize with Rush. He was originally prescribed the Oxycontin for an injury and became addicted. He was exposed, admitted it, went to rehab - end of story. It's pretty low for people to keep throwing it up whenever he says something that they don't like...

All Rush has to do for me, for one, to never mention it again is come out in favor of drug legalization.

I'll also give Vitter a pass if he comes out in favor of legalizing prostitution.

But the idea that Rush can say, "Oopsie, my bad," and then go to rehab and walk right back to his radio show, when people are in PRISON FOR LENGTHY TERMS for "trafficking" in the same drugs he took, is offensive to me. There are MD's being handed prison terms for writing prescriptions to help people manage the very pain you're talking about. Where's Rush? What's he doing about it? Squat. Until he does, I am not giving him any intellectual or moral charity.

IHaveaDream
11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
If you listened to the segment, you'd know that Rush was just reading the headlines like he always does and mentioned several times the money was returned. It was very fair. I urge people to actually listen to something for themselves rather than guess something was or was not a hit piece.

Exactly! We haven't even gotten to the rough part of this campaign yet. Ron Paul is running for President of the United States. This is the big league. Ron Paul doesn't let these guys rattle him. We shouldn't either.

billjarrett
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Normally, I'd agree with you. But while you were addicted to the drug, did you go on frequent antidrug rants like he did?

bbachtung
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM

First, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, I am very sorry that you suffered through what you did.

Third, thanks for your dedication to Ron Paul.

Finally, Rush is a hypocrite about drugs which is the reason that I'm throwing it out there; he has no compassion for people suffering from addiction, and is a big-time drug warrior -- and Dr. Paul defended him (http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612), yet this is how he treats RP now.