PDA

View Full Version : >> THE GRASSROOTS CAN FAIL DR. PAUL << We are in DESPERATE need of DELEGATES!

hard@work
11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
There are MAJOR concerns about the delegate situation. If you are even REMOTELY interested in helping in this election your FIRST priority is working towards and helping others become DELEGATES.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND RIGHT THIS MINUTE THAT THIS IS THE TOP ISSUE WE ARE FACING, YOU SHOULD DO NOTHING ELSE UNTIL YOU HAVE RESEARCHED THE DELEGATE PROCESS FOR YOUR STATE

Anything else than complete focus on the delegate situation first and foremost if you are able will result in failure for the campaign.

You can start by asking: "How do I become a delegate?" to your local meetups.

edit - Some perspective on whether or not this is really as serious as it's being made out to be? Make sure you watch this speaker at the Philadelphia rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKvMFwgQC0

constitutional
11-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Correct, those delegates are the ones that cast the real vote at the national republican convention to nominate a candidate.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Agreed, does anyone know how many paul supporters are trying to become delegates?

hard@work
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Agreed, does anyone know how many paul supporters are trying to become delegates?

It's a big fat .001% right now! People are not understanding how serious it is. It's gone into emergency mode. All the chatter and excitement has distracted people from what they really need to do... we're in deep doo doo if people do not wake up to the actual process itself.

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to try.

There are 4 rounds of elections (starting Jan 3rd.) to get it here in Iowa though....... Lots of hoops.... lots of time to weed out RP supporters.....

uncloned21
It's a big fat .001% right now! People are not understanding how serious it is. It's gone into emergency mode. All the chatter and excitement has distracted people from what they really need to do... we're in deep doo doo if people do not wake up to the actual process itself.

wouldnt 2-3 unbound delegates in each state be all we need?

Primbs
The official campaign should put something on their website to help us.

constitutional
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM

Yes, I can't stress this enough. I would run as a delegate if I were a U.S. citizen. This is what really will get RP the nomination.

tsetsefly
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I already checked for texas and I was willing to fly to the US to vote in the convention but I have to present the day of the primary and be voted in as a delegate, and I wont be in the country...

ladyliberty
11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
my health problems prevent me from doing anything but local events - it took me 2 weeks to recover from my trip to Ft. Lauderdale! however, I will cast about here in my county and see if I can find anyone who is interested in becoming a delegate.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 01:34 PM

:eek: I'm working on becoming one in my state, atlthough I'm a bit confused with the process, but we basically need to encourage every paul supporter to become one..

Melissa
11-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Ok I have been trying to look into this and want to be one I am in Indiana and so much information does anyone have a simple list that can be looked at to start this process. I am ready to do this but so much info not sure where to start

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:35 PM
wouldnt 2-3 unbound delegates in each state be all we need?

NO We need bound and unbound delegates.....

The bound positions will be easier to fill as you probably aren't going to be weeded out.

hard@work
11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE - I AM NOT POSTING THIS OR TYPING IN ALL CAPS LIKE A CRAZY GUY BECAUSE THIS IS A JOKE OR I JUST THINK THIS MIGHT BE IMPORTANT!! WE HAVE ZERO CHANCE OF WINNING AT THIS VERY MOMENT BECAUSE OF THE DELEGATE SITUATION!!

It's well understood by unfortunately few how much trouble we are in if the grassroots does not make a primary focus achieving delegate status.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
The delegate drive for Ron Paul is underway in Ohio. We just recently got a state coordinator, and the information on how to become a delegate for the good doctor was recently sent out to the meetup groups in this area.

Melissa
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok well then who has the simple checklist like 1. The first thing to do. there are lists and lists of everything to do but lets start slowly what is the very first step to do this.

mavtek
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
In Texas there is nothing we can do but wait until the primaries to become delegates. Plus what we are doing shouldn't be published publicly. Texas is in order, not sure about everyone else.

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Its different in every state.

Here is a link to some info

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/

If you cant find your stuff. PM me and I will try to point you in the right direction. (I should be very busy with class though, so Ill get back to you ASAP)

Tidewise
11-14-2007, 01:41 PM
I am alternate delegate here in California's 50th congressional district. Woo hoo!

uncloned21
11-14-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you may be overreacting, unless I have a mistaken understanding of what the deal is. If Dr. Paul gets the highest popular vote in a state, ALL of the NEARLY HALF all the delegates, the bound delegates, will vote for him. The other unbound delegates SHOULD vote for him and LIKELY to vote for him but might not and are not bound by law to vote for him. So, we only need 2-3 unbound delegates if we assume that ALL of the other unbound delegates will vote for someone else and they would ALL have to vote for the SAME person to beat Dr. Paul's %.

Am I wrong on this?>

KewlRonduderules
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Looks like I am Ok in New Jersey until April.

wgadget
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE!!!

Could you distribute this VERY STRATEGIC and IMPORTANT info to your massive network please?

http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/delegatestates.html

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I think you may be overreacting, unless I have a mistaken understanding of what the deal is. If Dr. Paul gets the highest popular vote in a state, ALL of the NEARLY HALF of the unbound delegates will vote for him. The other unbound delegates SHOULD vote for him and LIKELY to vote for him but might not and are not bound by law to vote for him. So, we only need 2-3 unbound delegates if we assume that ALL of the other unbound delegates will vote for someone else and they would ALL have to vote for the SAME person to beat Dr. Paul's %.

Am I wrong on this?>

This is NOT a conspiracy theory if there is a way for the powers that be to screw us over they WILL!!

Melissa
11-14-2007, 01:43 PM
ok that did not help that is my point more info that just gets all confused about what you actually have to do

uncloned21
11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
This is NOT a conspiracy theory if there is a way for the powers that be to screw us over they WILL!!

Am I wrong or not?

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
ok that did not help that is my point more info that just gets all confused about what you actually have to do

What state are you in??? PM me and ill try to point you in the right direction.

NoxTwilight
11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
It has been mentioned before that going to local GOP meetings is a good idea, not only to try to convert members but to get the information we need. I have suggested this to my meet up group and I think someone has contact with the local GOP membership who are supportive to us as republicans if not for the candidate.

Bottom line is that most of us haven't a clue as to how the whole thing works and this is a great disadvantage. I know I certainly need a dumbed down - step by step "do this" list :)

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok I have been trying to look into this and want to be one I am in Indiana and so much information does anyone have a simple list that can be looked at to start this process. I am ready to do this but so much info not sure where to start

http://www.state.in.us/sos/elections/

contact your local GOP and find out how to get started

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Am I wrong or not?

I don't have the actual numbers of Bound and Unbound in front of me but I believe the Unbound outnumber the the Bound, thus if we don't have the unbound slots odds are they wont go in our favor.

uncloned21
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't have the actual numbers of Bound and Unbound in front of me but I believe the Unbound outnumber the the Bound, thus if we don't have the unbound slots odds are they wont go in our favor.

But wouldnt ALL the unbound have to go the same candidate to out RP?

Melissa
11-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Ok so what you are saying is call my GOP and say something to the effect Hi I want to be a delegate what do I need to do ---- and yes I got that it should not be mentioned right away who your support is for but that is the basic question and the first step?

And sorry new to the forums not sure how to PM anyone

RonPaulJunkie
11-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I am in Texas and willing to help out but it appears we are covered so far.

I second an list ore maybe even a map of all 50 states that we can constantly update so we can see visually what it is we need to accomplish.

How can we start this?

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Most of the Unbound would have to go against us(which there is a fairly good chance of) IFF we have ALL of the Bound (WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN).

Melissa
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
and do you have to say WHY you want to be a delegate

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
and do you have to say WHY you want to be a delegate

They may ask. If they do and you are young say something to the effect that you would like to be involved to learn the process and potentially run for an office someday.

jenius
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM

I second an list ore maybe even a map of all 50 states that we can constantly update so we can see visually what it is we need to accomplish.

How can we start this?

I agree RonPaulJunkie. If we can visually see which states need delegates, you'd be amazed how fast people on these boards will volunteer.

Eric23
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Can you still be a delegate if you have a criminal record? :confused:

RPinSEAZ
Most of the Unbound would have to go against us(which there is a fairly good chance of) IFF we have ALL of the Bound (WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN).

In some states (AZ) all delegates are bound for the first election, however if no candidates win the primary outright there is a secondary election where none of the delegates are bound. It's important to have RP people there otherwise Rudy McRomneyson will be selected.

Melissa
haha not that young 34 but not young enough to say just learning about the process but are you saying the first part is right.

1. step to being delegat-- call local GOP and say hi I want to be a delegate what do I need to do and have a reason that you want to be a delegate if they ask

I am asking not telling that this is the first step but I feel lots of people are confused so going to do this in baby steps. Or at least I am confused so will do baby steps for myself if no one else needs it haha

jonathanwebb
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM

How can we start this?

Some good information in this thread, along with some links to sites that have info about all 50 states:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36715

RPinSEAZ

Usually as long as you can vote, yes.

Furis

I don't know.

It may depend on the state.

Even if you can, if it is in a state were delegates are elected you probably won't get it.

Adam Smith
11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I may be wrong, but here in Georgia I believe the delegates are allocated to each congressional district. Those delegates must vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their district. Then there are 'at-large' delegates who must vote for the winner of the primary statewide.

So in our state's case delegates are all 'bound,' if you will, to support the candidate who wins the popular vote. It wouldn't matter who was appointed to be delegates then, would it?

VoteRonPaul2008
tell them your interested in becoming a delegate and would like to know more about how the process in your state works

TobyPA
I've emailed the GOP in PA for info on becoming a delegate. I also believe the you have to wait until after the primary and pretty much just 'show up'. According to most of the info I've found, the positions most times go uncontested.

RPinSEAZ
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I may be wrong, but here in Georgia I believe the delegates are allocated to each congressional district. Those delegates must vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their district. Then there are 'at-large' delegates who must vote for the winner of the primary statewide.

So in our state's case delegates are all 'bound,' if you will, to support the candidate who wins the popular vote. It wouldn't matter who was appointed to be delegates then, would it?

Usually they're only bound in the first round of voting, however if no candidate gets the required number of delegates the delegates become unbound and can vote as they please.

RTsquared

Nope...not at all.

RP needs a majority of the delegates in order to prevent anything untoward from happening. If he has a plurality but not a majority, the unbound delegates can vote for whom they choose in the 1st round, then caucus and unite behind the non-RP candidate with the most support in Round 2. Ergo, Ron Paul wins the primary/caucus season yet loses the nomination.

I am in Texas - I will be at the precinct convention after the primary, and will attempt to get to the senatorial convention as well. I don't have any interest in going farther than that this year, but I'll do whatever I have to in order to get Dr. Paul elected.

Thom1776
Too Late For CT

Furis
11-14-2007, 02:00 PM

If this is the case, no it wouldn't matter, but it would be good experience.

If this is the case, you are probably better off get his name out like mad.

CMoore
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
It's a big fat .001% right now!

Not quite. I know in Alabama 45 people have qualified to be delegates for Ron Paul. If there are 2439 delegates total that is at least 1.9% percent of them. There is a ways to go, but it is not as bleak as .001%.

Furis
11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Not quite. I know in Alabama 45 people have qualified to be delegates for Ron Paul. If there are 2439 delegates total that is at least 1.9% percent of them. There is a ways to go, but it is not as bleak as .001%.

45 in one district or all districts???

RTsquared
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM

Nope...we are NOT covered at this point for TX. What we have is a process to follow where we cannot be shut out if we work together.

Make plans to attend your precinct convention (immediately after the primary) and try to get a delegate slot for your county/senatorial convention. Then show up at that convention and either try to get RP-supporting delegates to state, or campaign yourself.

Furis
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
If your are in an unbound state DO NOT SAY YOU SUPPORT DR. PAUL YOU WILL BE SHUT OUT.

THIS CAN NOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH.

weagle
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if Florida has the needed delegates?

tmg19103
11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
To Do:

1. Register Republican if your state has a Closed Primary NOW!

2. Call your local or state GOP office (Google it) to find out how and to get the forms to become a delegate. Do this NOW!

Cleaner44
11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Here in Phoenix we are focusing on first becoming Precinct Committeeman. From there I believe we can either become delegates or at least get to vote for the delegates.

RonPaulJunkie
11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Nope...we are NOT covered at this point for TX. What we have is a process to follow where we cannot be shut out if we work together.

Make plans to attend your precinct convention (immediately after the primary) and try to get a delegate slot for your county/senatorial convention. Then show up at that convention and either try to get RP-supporting delegates to state, or campaign yourself.

Thanks for the information! I will be looking into how exactly to go about this and try posting a follow up for others in TX.

tmg19103
11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Also, keep quiet on who you support, and if asked say you are undecided.

Many state and local GOP organizations are aginst RP and may put a wrench in your attempt to become a delegate.

Melissa
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok thats what I wanted to see

To Do:

2. Call your local or state GOP office (Google it) to find out how and to get the forms to become a delegate. Do this NOW

Ok In Indiana we have an Open primary so that is checked off my list
and I will be doing the second part about googling my local GOP right now

xcalybur
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm also going to try to become a delegate in Texas.

Furis
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM

To Do:

2. Call your local or state GOP office (Google it) to find out how and to get the forms to become a delegate. Do this NOW

NEW POINT

TO BE A DELEGATE YOU HAVE TO BE REGISTERED REPUBLICAN REGARDLESS OF OPEN PRIMARIES/CAUCUSES!!!!!

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

To Do:

You should register republican regardless if its an open primary just to be safe. I know in Ohio, to be a delegate, you have to be a registered Republican (we're open primary too) and have to have voted Republican in the last gubernatorial election, for starters. YOU CAN REGISTER TO VOTE AT RONPAUL2008.COM and declare/change your party at that time.

Furis
You should register republican regardless if its an open primary just to be safe. I know in Ohio, to be a delegate, you have to be a registered Republican (we're open primary too) and have to have voted Republican in the last gubernatorial election, for starters.

LOL

Just said that:D

me3
This absolutely cannot be stressed enough. We need to stop obsessing about Glenn Beck and online polls and do what it takes to get Dr. Paul elected.

Please, make this the most important thing in the grassroots.

And for anyone concerned about having the finances to go to St. Paul for the Republican National Convention as a delegate (should you be selected), don't worry.

You represent Dr. Paul, and we will make sure you get to where he needs you to be. If we can raise $4 million in one day, we can raise travel money for those with limited means, no problem.

xcalybur
Is there a website that we can use that allows the people running for delegate to communicate and organize? If not, we should have a private website for this and have some major verification behind it so as to not tip off the GOP.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 02:19 PM
LOL

Just said that:D

Hey... what can I say.. I'm a slow typer :)

Zeeder
11-14-2007, 02:19 PM
So, based on what has been said here, am I too assume if we become "unbound" at the convention................we can vote for Paul regardless? Because as a delegate I wouldn't vote for anyone else.

Melissa
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok so back to step 1 sorry I need to registar as a republican will look into that right now then move to step 2.

Thanks guys I have always been independent and think I am pretty smart (I am voting for Ron Paul) but the delegate stuff is confusing so like when i have 1 goal at a time not just lists of what it takes because by the time most are done reading it looks so hard and confusing.

So will registar Republican first---going to look this up right now

Sematary
11-14-2007, 02:22 PM
There are MAJOR concerns about the delegate situation. If you are even REMOTELY interested in helping in this election your FIRST priority is working towards and helping others become DELEGATES.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND RIGHT THIS MINUTE THAT THIS IS THE TOP ISSUE WE ARE FACING, YOU SHOULD DO NOTHING ELSE UNTIL YOU HAVE RESEARCHED THE DELEGATE PROCESS FOR YOUR STATE

Anything else than complete focus on the delegate situation first and foremost if you are able will result in failure for the campaign.

Here is what I found out about Ct. (really easy actually)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36934

jonathanwebb
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Is there a website that we can use that allows the people running for delegate to communicate and organize? If not, we should have a private website for this and have some major verification behind it so as to not tip off the GOP.

Good point. All the talk about becoming a delegate for this or that candidate, and then pulling the old "switcheroo" when voting time comes cannot be good for us.

I suggest moving that type of discussion to the Delegate discussion forum here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132

It's not as busy as this forum and not as visible to anti-Paul GOP people.

sugaki
11-14-2007, 02:25 PM
My question is, why is it the burden of an online forum to take this on? Why isn't the campaign staff at RP able to mobilize people to become delegates?

I sent my voter registration card in like two months ago, haven't heard anything since. Not sure if I should reregister.

hard@work
11-14-2007, 02:27 PM
My question is, why is it the burden of an online forum to take this on? Why isn't the campaign staff at RP able to mobilize people to become delegates?

This forum is not just for bantering on about what we did today or arguing over which offline media pundit might just tell the truth for once. If you were unaware of this I apologize.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 02:28 PM

I sent my voter registration card in like two months ago, haven't heard anything since. Not sure if I should reregister.

The campaign is beginning to mobilize people now through Meetup groups. I would definitely suggest joining one near you if you haven't already. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

HankScorpio
11-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm in IL. If someone can give me the instructions I will try to become a delegate.

TexMac
11-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Could you distribute this VERY STRATEGIC and IMPORTANT info to your massive network please?

http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/delegatestates.html

Here, use this, too.

It's Debbie Hopper from the RP campaign pleading for delegates.

Send it to everyone!

PathIveMade
I'm about to add the information I have gotten so far to the Ohio section in the delegate discussions forums here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132. By far it isn't complete, but it lists the requirements so far.

jonathanwebb
The campaign is beginning to mobilize people now through Meetup groups. I would definitely suggest joining one near you if you haven't already. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

This is the KEY. We're REALLY good at Internet stuff, but we're lacking in getting "boots on the ground".

Go join your local meetup group:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com

Get out of the house and away from your stinkin' computer. It'll do you a world of good. :)

Ethek
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I just took the first steps in becoming a delegate. Its quite a while until the precinct level for my state but it comes up quick. We just need to make sure that every precinct is covered if we can. Like the Delegate guide suggested for my area usually more slots are available to go forward than there are people wanting to fill them.

reduen
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
:eek: I'm working on becoming one in my state, atlthough I'm a bit confused with the process, but we basically need to encourage every paul supporter to become one..

This is exactly where I am at right now, my county clerks office does not even seem to know what a delegate is.... (That is what they told me at least.)

I know this is important but if we are in as bad of shape as you say, why doesn't the official campaign help us out on this?

On Huckabees site it specifically asks you if you want to become a delegate on the frontpage!

Is this important or is this not important? :confused:

Melissa
11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I am running my local meetup just did it last night that is why I am trying so hard to get this delegate stuff down for me and my meetup I have the 2nd largest town in Indiana so think we can do this if I can get all the info

hopeforamerica
11-14-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't think you have Ron Paul's philosophy completely down. It's all about personal responsibility! If you want the government or campaign to take care of everything for you, you have the wrong man. We are all about taking action!

jonathanwebb
11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't think you have Ron Paul's philosophy completely down. It's all about personal responsibility! If you want the government or campaign to take care of everything for you, you have the wrong man. We are all about taking action!

That being said, it's not a bad idea for the official campaign to have a section on the www.ronpaul2008.com web site, under the grassroots section, on "how to become a delegate" (for each state), and keep it updated as to the status of each state.

reduen

I understand and agree with you here but some people like me, who have never been involved with politics before need guidence...:o

PathIveMade
Here, use this, too.

It's Debbie Hopper from the RP campaign pleading for delegates.

Send it to everyone!

I just posted this as a bulletin on MySpace..... Do IT NOW.... then follow the lady's instructions. :D

hopeforamerica
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
That being said, it's not a bad idea for the official campaign to have a section on the www.ronpaul2008.com web site, under the grassroots section, on "how to become a delegate" (for each state), and keep it updated as to the status of each state.

Agreed, it's just that the last statement hit a raw nerve. I'm really tired of people complaining about the campaign, when a large number of them don't do enough on their own.

stevedasbach
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM

All of this is good. However, the reality is that the campaign has to have someone directly responsible for actively recruiting delegates. That means emailing and/or calling known supporters of Ron Paul, gathering information about their Republican background and strength of support for Dr. Paul, and personally asking them to be delegates.

If we try to solely rely on people spontaneously coming forward to be delegates, we won't be successful.

PS: All of my comments above also apply to ballot drives. The campaign has to have one or more people on staff who is (are) directly and personally responsible for making sure each of these things happens. I assume that this is the case, but if it isn't, it needs to happen. This is not the place to rely on spontaneous order.

[Background: I was Vice-Chair, Chair, and then Executive Director of the LP from 1991-2002, during which period we qualified for the ballot in all 50 states + DC 3 times (1992, 1996, 2000) and went from running a few hundred candidates during each general election to nearly 2000, including a majority of US House seats. Successfully getting on the ballot and recruiting candidates are things I am very familiar with.]

VRP08
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, I can't stress this enough. I would run as a delegate if I were a U.S. citizen. This is what really will get RP the nomination.

If I were a citizen I'd try it too!

jonathanwebb
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
If you've not seen this video, you simply must take a look at it. It's only 2 minutes long, but it is powerful.

This is an official Ron Paul staffer, PLEADING for delegates:

We Must Do This.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
If you've not seen this video, you simply must take a look at it. It's only 2 minutes long, but it is powerful.

This is an official Ron Paul staffer, PLEADING for delegates:

We Must Do This.

Saw it live. :D

Slist
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
[SIZE="3"]
We Must Do This.

I concur. Btw: in my opinion this thread is more visible if it is regular bumped to the top than by being sticky. Sadly I tend to ignore sticky threads... and I guess many others do so too

constituent
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
In Texas there is nothing we can do but wait until the primaries to become delegates. Plus what we are doing shouldn't be published publicly. Texas is in order, not sure about everyone else.

you know, then just don't say anything.

seriously, think about that.. if you mean what you said, i'll be happy to edit
it out my post...

come on.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I concur. Btw: in my opinion this thread is more visible if it is regular bumped to the top than by being sticky. Sadly I tend to ignore sticky threads... and I guess many others do so too

bump... Just for you Slist.

sugaki
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Agreed, it's just that the last statement hit a raw nerve. I'm really tired of people complaining about the campaign, when a large number of them don't do enough on their own.

Abruptly saying RP needs delegates, when most don't even know what that is isn't exactly helpful. Most don't even know what they should be doing, even as far as the process for becoming delegates.

ShowMeLiberty
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Missouri:

58 Total Delegates: 27 Congressional District & 31 At Large
Format: Primary/Caucus/Convention
Delegates Bound for 1 Ballot
Primary: TBD
Local Caucuses: TBD
District Conventions: TBD
Winner-take-all State Convention: TBD

Congressional district delegates are elected by congressional district caucuses, and at-large delegates are elected by the state convention. Delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the presidential candidate receiving the most votes statewide in the primary.

----------------------------
I found the above at h ttp://www.republicansource.com/states/missouri.htm

There is a drop-down list on the left side of that page to select another state. Very easy to understand info.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Missouri:

58 Total Delegates: 27 Congressional District & 31 At Large
Format: Primary/Caucus/Convention
Delegates Bound for 1 Ballot
Primary: TBD
Local Caucuses: TBD
District Conventions: TBD
Winner-take-all State Convention: TBD

Congressional district delegates are elected by congressional district caucuses, and at-large delegates are elected by the state convention. Delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the presidential candidate receiving the most votes statewide in the primary.

----------------------------
I found the above at h ttp://www.republicansource.com/states/missouri.htm

There is a drop-down list on the left side of that page to select another state. Very easy to understand info.

Good info...

Ohio:

* 88 Total Delegates: 54 Congressional District & 34 At Large
* Format: Primary
* Delegates not legally bound
* Winner-take-all by Congressional District and At Large
* Primary: TBD

Congressional district delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the candidate receiving the most votes district-wide in the primary. At-large delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the presidential candidate receiving the most votes statewide in the primary. Those candidates entitled to delegates select the persons to serve as delegates.

raystone
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
//

jake
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
the MEETUP groups MUST push this information to their members, and push it hard and fast.

PathIveMade
11-14-2007, 03:37 PM
the MEETUP groups MUST push this information to their members, and push it hard and fast.

If I'm not mistaking, they are getting the info from the RP state coordinators. In my experience, the local GOP hasn't been much of a help.

Slist
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
This is an important issue! Bump.

huchahucha
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Shouldn't this be a task for the long time Republicans amongst us? I'm just saying if you go to your local GOP and say "I just became a Republican yesterday and now I want you to trust me to be a delegate" or "I don't know what a delegate is but I sure would like to be one", they are going to be suspicious of you immediately.

givemeliberty
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I am in Virginia and willing but we are an all or none state. If I can help let me know.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I am in Virginia and willing but we are an all or none state. If I can help let me know.

Find out how to become a delegate. That's how you can help. In Ct. we are an all or nothing state as well and the winning campaign chooses the delegates

majinkoola
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Does the campaign have anyone working on the territories like the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc? I know most of those are decided late but this looks like it's going to be a long election and a few votes could swing the thing.

progrock
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
i would like to become a delegate here in TN. but i honestly don't understand all the information i've researched. as far as i can understand the primaries are open for us. beyond that i don't know what else i can do.

Thunderbolt
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
First of all, it takes very little work to be a delegate. So get up off your tails and do what it takes. Many districts are open with no one in them at all.

Second. You don't have to do much. Attend a meeting once a month for the next few months.

Finally, your one vote counts for around 3000 or more votes. Don't you want an easy way to get 3000 people to vote for Ron Paul? Just become a delegate and that is how much your vote costs.

But let's not forget converting people. We can work on other delegates. Go to meetings bring Ron Paul material. Lots of it. We can turn others. But yes, I agree this is the most dire situation yet.

If people won't become delegates then we have no chance.

What are you scared of? They don't bite. There is not eyeball eating entrance requirement. Basically all you have to do is raise your hand, say "I'll do it" and fill out a form.

Then later you get to vote for Ron Paul.

We can either win every single election by a very large margin of over 50% and you can get tens of thousands of supporters yourself or BECOME A DELEGATE.

I just did it. (Well, in my place you have to become a PC first and then vote to become a delegate). I have done nothing. It is easy as can be.

Can other here who are delegates explain how easy this is? I think people think they need to run huge campaigns or do public speaking or something. I just slink into a meeting and sit in a chair in the back of the room. Then leave when it is over.

Please, others tell them. This is SIMPLE but so vital!!!!!!

Sematary
11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
i would like to become a delegate here in TN. but i honestly don't understand all the information i've researched. as far as i can understand the primaries are open for us. beyond that i don't know what else i can do.

Call your state GOP office and ask.
Also call the Secretary of State

Sematary
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
First of all, it takes very little work to be a delegate. So get up off your tails and do what it takes. Many districts are open with no one in them at all.

Second. You don't have to do much. Attend a meeting once a month for the next few months.

Finally, your one vote counts for around 3000 or more votes. Don't you want an easy way to get 3000 people to vote for Ron Paul? Just become a delegate and that is how much your vote costs.

But let's not forget converting people. We can work on other delegates. Go to meetings bring Ron Paul material. Lots of it. We can turn others. But yes, I agree this is the most dire situation yet.

If people won't become delegates then we have no chance.

What are you scared of? They don't bite. There is not eyeball eating entrance requirement. Basically all you have to do is raise your hand, say "I'll do it" and fill out a form.

Then later you get to vote for Ron Paul.

We can either win every single election by a very large margin of over 50% and you can get tens of thousands of supporters yourself or BECOME A DELEGATE.

I just did it. (Well, in my place you have to become a PC first and then vote to become a delegate). I have done nothing. It is easy as can be.

Can other here who are delegates explain how easy this is? I think people think they need to run huge campaigns or do public speaking or something. I just slink into a meeting and sit in a chair in the back of the room. Then leave when it is over.

Please, others tell them. This is SIMPLE but so vital!!!!!!

I could be wrong but aren't delegates supposed to vote for the guy who won the primary in that state?

jpinkerton
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm going to try.

There are 4 rounds of elections (starting Jan 3rd.) to get it here in Iowa though....... Lots of hoops.... lots of time to weed out RP supporters.....

I have asked several different times, even E-mailed the HQ for Iowa but NO RESPONSE.

Do we need delegates in Iowa??? What is the situation here?

me3
11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Iowa HQ may have an email backlog. Try calling.

Furis
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I have asked several different times, even E-mailed the HQ for Iowa but NO RESPONSE.

Do we need delegates in Iowa??? What is the situation here?

You have a PM.

rjl
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
It seems like there's not much to do beforehand to become a delegate here in Texas. The delegate process apparently starts after 7PM on the day of the primaries. Is anyone familiar with this process in Texas who can verify this?

James R
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Generally, who should try to become a Ron Paul delegate? Generally, what are the qualifications?

reduen
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
It seems like there's not much to do beforehand to become a delegate here in Texas. The delegate process apparently starts after 7PM on the day of the primaries. Is anyone familiar with this process in Texas who can verify this?

It appears that I am pretty much in the same shape as you here in Arkansas rjl and that contrary to some belief here the official campaign should be involved in this process. (See Bold)

2008 Arkansas Delegate Selection Process

PROCEDURE FOR FILING FOR DELEGATE OR ALTERNATE: Candidates seeking to
represent the voters of Arkansas at the 2008 Republican National Convention must
qualify by filing at the State GOP Headquarters during regular business hours from
January 21, 2008 through February 4, 2008. If mailed, the filing must be received at the
State GOP Headquarters by the close of business on February 4, 2008. Further,
candidates must commit themselves to the support of a specific presidential candidate at
the time of filing for a position as delegate/alternate. Properly filed candidates shall be
eligible for election as delegates or alternates at the Special District Convention or the
State Committee Meeting called for that purpose. The names of properly filed
delegate/alternate candidates shall be listed on a ballot to be voted at the Special District
Convention to be held on May 17, 2008. The names of properly filed candidates that
remain following the allocation of delegates and alternates at the Special District
Convention shall be listed on a ballot to be voted at the State Committee Meeting to be
held on June 14, 2008. The qualifying filing fee is $125.00 per person payable to the
Republican Party of Arkansas. It is suggested that each presidential candidate submit a
list of recommended candidates for the delegates and alternates allocated to Arkansas.
Delegate/Alternate candidates recommended by each presidential candidate or his/her
designee will be identified on ballots to be voted at the Special District Convention and at
the State Committee Meeting if the listing of recommended Delegate/Alternate
candidates is received at the State GOP Headquarters by the close of business on May 2,

Geronimo
11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
I didn't see it posted in this thread (at least I don't think I did)

This is from #5 at http://www.howtogetronpaulelected.com/

# 5 Get Ron Paul Nominated by Delegates at the Republican National Convention

Before Ron Paul can get elected, he has to be nominated by delegates at the Republican National Convention which will take place in St. Paul, Minnesota. September 1-4, 2008.We have to get elected as delegates to the convention. Electoral college delegates have to be constitutionalists because they elect the president by casting their vote.Those who support Ron Paul must begin the process now of getting elected as a delegate to the convention or it’s all over and the GOP faithful will get the shadow government’s choice shoved down their throats - again. The power players behind the scenes will orchestrate the show and the people will be the losers - again. The same applies with getting nominated as an electoral college delegate because America got a good lesson in civics during the 2000 pretend election regarding the popular vote vs the electoral college system.A word to the wise: if you present yourself as a supporter of Ron Paul, you will never get elected as a delegate. Wave the flag, shout power to the GOP, rah, rah, rah, get elected and then begin your campaign to get Ron Paul nominated. Now, some might say this type of stealth isn’t right. Here’s what’s not right: back room deals and big money giving the American people no choice in these elections and anyone who thinks this isn’t how the process has been working for the past century is in a state of denial.Get together with your friends or people you know and plan your strategy now and work to get elected as a delegate. Time is quickly slipping by, every minute counts.

Source: Devvy Kidd NewsWithViews.com

The Following Information on “How to Become a Delegate”
Approved by the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee:

Jeff Greenspan, Regional Coordinator

NOTE: Please do not inundate Jeff Greenspan with emails or phone calls.
Follow the steps below for details on how to become a delegate.

Step 1 Register to Vote

Register Republican if you live in a closed primary state such as NY or CA!

>> Please Register Today so you can vote in your State Primary <<

Step 2 Become a Member of the Republican Party in your State

Step 3 The Delegate Process typically starts at your local precinct, then goes on to your county / senatorial district, then to your state primary and finally, the Republican National Convention. See your state’s delegate process to the RNC (Republican National Convention)

Step 4 The 2008 Primary Process In general, it’s a step-by-step process in becoming a delegate. For example, to become a delegate in Texas (open primary state): Vote in the 2008 Texas State Primary Election (March 4) and you are then eligible to be a delegate to your precinct. Your first convention will take place at your precinct’s election day polling place within two hours after the polls close at 7:00 p.m. Most of these “precinct conventions” are very poorly attended, and typically there are more delegate/alternate places than people to fill them, so it’s usually easy to get elected as delegate at the precinct level. WE CAN ORGANIZE AND PLAN for all this in JANUARY with plenty of time. It’s critical that we become delegates or all our hard work will be in vain. Become a delegate and we’ll get to hear Dr. Ron Paul giving his Inaugural Address in 2009.

Other Informative Columns:

1. Constitutionalists Needed as Electors in 2008 Election! (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43579)

2. Electoral College Information (http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/electcollege_3.htm)

3. National Convention Information (http://www.politicalresources.com/web-link-pgs/politicalresourcelinks/Conventions.htm) (Past convention, but good information)

Source: Anson Chi (ronpauler@gmail.com)

And while we’ve already listed the top-five things to do to get Ron Paul elected as our next President, don’t forget the importance of making donations of any amount you can spare (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate) to the campaign directly, enabling them to move forward.

LinearChaos
11-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree that delegates are important, but making up statistics like your ".001%" stat isn't the right of way of doing things. I don't consider using false statistics to boost an emotional appeal very ethical. Since there is a sticky and a thread like this everyday, most RP supporters on this board seem to be informed. I've also never been to a meetup where this discussion didn't come and seen people on this board mention their delegate status in other threads. I'm not saying don't bring it up, I'm saying don't make up statistics to try and prove your point.

I've already registered R even though I have an open Primary. I've also contacted my county's local GOP and am working with them to get more involved and doing whatever I need to do to become a delegate. But it isn't like canvasing a neighborhood or something where you can do it whenever you have free time, get it done, and throw it up on Youtube for everyone to see. It is a process, not something that can be done on any given day like the other grassroots stuff we do.

Like I said, I agree that it is extremely important, but I think you are way out of line making up and pushing statistics like .001%. You shouldn't make stuff up like that ever. Period. I see no excuse for it.

Besides, I am not waving the RP banner, or even mentioning him AT ALL, when I am dealing with the my local GOP. I don't want them to perceive me that way, I want them to think I am a True Believer, and imo, you should as well.

You should all move here ;) open primary (for now), winner take all, and all are bound.

jblosser
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Shouldn't this be a task for the long time Republicans amongst us? I'm just saying if you go to your local GOP and say "I just became a Republican yesterday and now I want you to trust me to be a delegate" or "I don't know what a delegate is but I sure would like to be one", they are going to be suspicious of you immediately.

We all have to do it for it to matter. It's a numbers game in many states.

Yes, they'll see us coming -- they already see us coming. That just makes it all the more imperative that we come with overwhelming numbers.

The goal quite frankly has to be to spam the party.

jblosser
11-14-2007, 07:36 PM
I could be wrong but aren't delegates supposed to vote for the guy who won the primary in that state?

You are wrong. It starts out like that but if no one has a clear majority on the first vote it changes. The details vary from state to state, but independent of what the regulations are, the party does what it will. The bottom line to understand is that the popular vote won't win Ron the nomination, the delegates will. This is especially true in an election cycle like this where there's no clear front-runner that the whole nation likes. The national convention will likely go in with several people having won various states, and a need to build consensus between delegates to pick one candidate they can all get behind once they are released from their bound votes. We want those to be our people so that candidate is Ron Paul.

jblosser
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM

Where in TX are you? The primary night process is only the beginning; there's more to do after that, and there's more to do BEFORE that to help make it easier for you later.

rjl
11-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Where in TX are you? The primary night process is only the beginning; there's more to do after that, and there's more to do BEFORE that to help make it easier for you later.

I'm in Austin, but I'm moving to New Orleans in the middle of next year, so that probably means I can't be a delegate. But I know a few people who are definitely interested, including my mom. My mom would definitely be interested in becoming a delegate and she's from Corpus Christi.

Austin
11-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I have filled out my delegate application, but it cannot be turned in until late January. I went to the Clerk's office today, and they said they are having a meeting next month to finalize all of the deadlines and whatnot.

Right now, I'm just playing the waiting game. That, and telling my family that they will have to stay after the primaries to vote for me. :D

kevman657
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Seems like no one from New Hampshire or Iowa is posting in this thread.

No matter how young, inexperienced, whatever...you have to try. A majority of our chance of winning comes from these two very important states.

ckhagen
11-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, I need help regarding being a FL delegate.
We're not stupid, but we've read ALL the online info and we still don't "get" what needs to happen. I've been a registered Republican since age 18 (I'm 25) and I worked in the local headquarters for the Bush campaign in 2004. So, I have some "street cred" that I can use to backup my Republican-ness, lol.

BUT, we've called our local chair and he wasn't much help except to say to register at the FL GOP website to be a delegate. There's been no communication back though and I've heard that you have to attend 3 GOP meetings locally to qualify and there's only two left before the primary! Does anyone here have more specific info on Florida??? It will be a huge financial burden, but we'll do it if they'll let us!

Jodi
11-14-2007, 09:53 PM

My mother has said she would, I cannot because of work but I would so love to. I will have to help her with financing but it will be worth it. I read in KS you can put in an application for yourself as early as Dec 1.

Jodi
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

I have visited with a gal from Texas and she told me that all you do is hang around after the primary and that is when the delegates are picked.

Slist
11-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Seems like no one from New Hampshire or Iowa is posting in this thread.

No matter how young, inexperienced, whatever...you have to try. A majority of our chance of winning comes from these two very important states.

A bump for this absolutely vital thread

Austin
11-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Another bump.

Anyone trying to become a delegate for NH or IA? These are vital areas.

Electrostatic
11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
bump

LibertyOfOne
11-15-2007, 01:17 AM
A bump for this absolutely vital thread

Indeed

Paul4Prez
11-15-2007, 01:20 AM
I volunteered to be a delegate in CA-48 several weeks ago, but haven't heard back. Has anyone heard back in California?

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Ok, I need help regarding being a FL delegate.
We're not stupid, but we've read ALL the online info and we still don't "get" what needs to happen. I've been a registered Republican since age 18 (I'm 25) and I worked in the local headquarters for the Bush campaign in 2004. So, I have some "street cred" that I can use to backup my Republican-ness, lol.

BUT, we've called our local chair and he wasn't much help except to say to register at the FL GOP website to be a delegate. There's been no communication back though and I've heard that you have to attend 3 GOP meetings locally to qualify and there's only two left before the primary! Does anyone here have more specific info on Florida??? It will be a huge financial burden, but we'll do it if they'll let us!

Go to this site http://rpof.org/rnc.php

And sign up. They'll contact you if they can use you.

FL delegates are done by district caucuses, so the most important information for you to find out is how the district caucus process works, and you do that by emailing the FLGOP. Ask them how far along that process is, and if the delegates are committed to a candidate or uncommitted.

But you have to go to that website and sign up to even have a shot.

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
I volunteered to be a delegate in CA-48 several weeks ago, but haven't heard back. Has anyone heard back in California?

Email them again and ask for your status. Did you give them all the required info? E.G. name, address, phone, email, and statement that you're registered republican at that address.

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 01:54 AM
I cannot stress this enough!!!

If you need to collect signatures to be a delegate, you must MUST MUST collect twice as many as the minimum, because it is almost certain that at least some of your signatures will be disqualified. It is not uncommon for 60% of all signatures collected to be disqualified for looking suspicious.

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 12:55 PM

BigTimeMoe
11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Took first step and became precinct chair for my precinct here in Texas. I have read all I can get my hands on from my GOP website and I think I'm ready.:)

Ron Paul News
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
This is what we should be talking about. How to transition from online dominance to real world dominance. We should have many more threads and discussions about this. THE PRIMARIES ARE FAST APPROACHING AND TIME IN RUNNING OUT. Dr. Paul has momentum, but I think it needs to be even more quickly increased.

PathIveMade
11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
This is what we should be talking about. How to transition from online dominance to real world dominance. We should have many more threads and discussions about this. THE PRIMARIES ARE FAST APPROACHING AND TIME IN RUNNING OUT. Dr. Paul has momentum, but I think it needs to be even more quickly increased.

I agree. Ohio is well on the way. We now have all the male delegates needed, but are in need of female delegates. See this thread if you're a female in Ohio and can help out!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37336

Energy
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Bump.

I would imagine the campaign is on top of this as well, are they?

steph3n
11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
bump to page 1

Bradley in DC
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I cannot stress this enough!!!

If you need to collect signatures to be a delegate, you must MUST MUST collect twice as many as the minimum, because it is almost certain that at least some of your signatures will be disqualified. It is not uncommon for 60% of all signatures collected to be disqualified for looking suspicious.

The general rule is to get THREE TIMES the minumum.

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM

http://www3.webng.l

That site had ERRONEOUS information. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

Organizers for Dr. Paul around the country do everything they can to stop that virus.

You can see my debate with him here:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM

In louisiana, our meet-ups are organizing to take majority in both the delegates and party structure. If you Stack your State GOP convention with family and friends... you can take the GOP back from the tyrants.
We actually are in good shape to take this state.
If you haven't talked to your local meet-up organizer about becoming a delegate, you need to tonight.

EricRAlbrecht
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
In Oklahoma all delegates are bound.

In Tulsa (district 1) we are stuffing people into vacant precinct chair positions. It is not easy though. People want to cheer and hold signs but when it comes to the leg work, the enthusiasm does not go that far.

I am a precinct chair and I will try my damnedest to be a delegate to the national convention ( I have to get through county, district, and states first though!)

Myerz
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
What is someone like me living in Oregon suppossed to do? Is Oregon a major concern? I mean all I hear is Iowa, New Hamp., Super Tues. I want to become a delegate for Oregon. Will it matter?

gmyerz@msn.com

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
What is someone like me living in Oregon suppossed to do? Is Oregon a major concern? I mean all I hear is Iowa, New Hamp., Super Tues. I want to become a delegate for Oregon. Will it matter?

gmyerz@msn.com

Every state matters, and every delegate matters. Your local meet-up organizer should be able to provide you with info.

TooConservative
12-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Could the administrators make stickies to prominently display the upcoming deadlines, how many delegates we have in those states and how many more we need?

We just need to educate the grassroots more on how it's done, how many we have, how many we still need in each state and when we have to have it done.

There's no point in running ads or flying blimps or putting up signs or having a Teaparty if we don't have delegates ready. Without the delegate volunteers, we will lose the primary even if we win the vote in a state.

I'd sign up but my primary is very late in the season. But we need to get the delegates signed for the first five states ASAP. If we don't, everything else we have done will mean nothing even if we win the most votes. Without the delegates ready, the votes don't count for us.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
The problem with becoming a delegate is that most people can't do it for different reasons. I can't do it first because I can't travel if I got all the way or even part of the way, I don't have a clue of what to do to become a delegate, and I'm probably not old enough to be a delegate because I'm only 18 and I'm sure you probably have to be 21 or something.

There are just lots of reasons like literally 95% of the supporters out there simply can't do this.

The delegate issue is something the official campaign must address itself, as in making sure the numbers are good, and if they're not start getting volunteers that would do it if their expenses were paid for travelling and stuff like that.

AND TELL PEOPLE HOW TO ACTUALLY BECOME A DELEGATE IF YOU'RE GOING TO TELL US THAT 24/7! PLEASE!!!!

Its really annoying hearing "Become a delegate NOW or Ron Paul will lose!" and then no directions or help in any way as to what to do to become a delegate.:mad:

Jodi
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
The delegate issue is something the official campaign must address itself, as in making sure the numbers are good, and if they're not start getting volunteers that would do it if their expenses were paid for travelling and stuff like that.

From some of the things I've read in this forum the official campaign is failing with this.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
The problem with becoming a delegate is that most people can't do it for different reasons. I can't do it first because I can't travel if I got all the way or even part of the way, I don't have a clue of what to do to become a delegate, and I'm probably not old enough to be a delegate because I'm only 18 and I'm sure you probably have to be 21 or something.

There are just lots of reasons like literally 95% of the supporters out there simply can't do this.

AND TELL PEOPLE HOW TO ACTUALLY BECOME A DELEGATE IF YOU'RE GOING TO TELL US THAT 24/7! PLEASE!!!!

Its really annoying hearing "Become a delegate NOW or Ron Paul will lose!" and then no directions or help in any way as to what to do to become a delegate.:mad:

Dude, I am the former vice-chair of the libertarian party of louisiana who just recently ran for congress against Rodney Alexander a republican... and I'm becoming a delegate, if not the vice-chair of the GOP of Louisiana, just depends on how many of my posse I can round up for the road trip and how frisky i'm feeling at the time.
You need to contact you local meet-up organizer, they can help you become a delegate, even at 18. If I can do it, anyone can... I'm walking right into my former enemies stronghold, standing tall and smiling. :D:cool:

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
From some of the things I've read in this forum the official campaign is failing with this.

Not in louisiana, but we've gotta take it by the handle bars and ran with it ourselves, we called the campaign to let them know we have the majority of delegates in all the districts, they said great... and that was that. If you don't do it yourself, don't expect someone to do it for you.
This is OUR CAMPAIGN. If Ron Paul sat on his butt all week, the campaign would still go on... because this is about us... and Ron is here for us. We must do everything possible to take back the GOP party structure from the neocons that have taken it in a quiet coup.

Minuteman
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, and im not sure about other states,but...

In Georgia, the delegate process doesnt start until the day of the primary. Starting on the local county level.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow you're cool man, lol, seriously I like you better now even though I don't know you just for that lol! In my mind anyone that goes into politics in a third party is very brave or something to fight the two party system lol. If I ever do anything in politics I will just go republican.

I'm in college right now though and I don't have like any money on top of that so its like impossible for me practically. If more details are given about this and its explained better, and SC looks really bad, then I will do what I have to do and take whatever loss that comes to me for doing it, but right now I don't see a situation like that where I know what to do and I must do it at my own expense, as in spending money I need to pay for college, missing college meaning killing grades, and anything thats not crossing my mind right now lol.

I do what I can for Paul but this is not something that seems possible for me. I mean I need to get a college degree and stay out of debt too. I will already be in enough debt after college, not to mention if Paul doesn't get elected.....

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, and im not sure about other states,but...

In Georgia, the delegate process doesnt start until the day of the primary. Starting on the local county level.

Every state is different, that's why you need to speak with your local meet-up organizer.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Ok I will bring that up at our next meeting and find out if SC is good with delegates or not.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Ok I will bring that up at our next meeting and find out if SC is good with delegates or not.

The "Torchbearer" award is given to our top libertarian activist in the state every year. In 10 years, i've won it twice, thus my handle, torchbearer. TB for short.
You've got it in you to be more, you just need to desire it.

robofx
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Plus what we are doing shouldn't be published publicly.

EXACTLY.

The vipers in the GOP will do *everything* in their power to thwart us. Keep it on the down-low as much as possible. :cool:

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
oh and college degrees are over-rated. remember
Bill Gates is a college drop-out
Michael Dell is a college drop-out
Many other wealthy people never went to college... college was meant to sharpen our skills, not to purchase degrees... we've losted that along the way.. now I have 20,000 left in student loans and my degree isn't worth a federal reserve note.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
EXACTLY.

The vipers in the GOP will do *everything* in their power to thwart us. Keep it on the down-low as much as possible. :cool:

We can't be stopped, we outnumber the people who oppose us... even if they got a few of our sheeple to go with them... I'm not sounding their alarms, but I don't think there is anything they can do to stop us now. Just keep it peaceful, and we win. Gandhi knew this... Martin Luther King Jr. knew this... Jesus knew this.... Ron Paul knows this... we need to know this.

me3
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM

edit - Some perspective on whether or not this is really as serious as it's being made out to be? Make sure you watch this speaker at the Philadelphia rally:

bump ^^^

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
bump

McLane2007
12-03-2007, 04:34 AM
bump

robofx
12-03-2007, 06:05 AM
I've emailed the GOP in PA for info on becoming a delegate. I also believe the you have to wait until after the primary and pretty much just 'show up'. According to most of the info I've found, the positions most times go uncontested.

I called The Republican Committee of Allegheny County
412-281-9748

The guy told me "after Jan 1" I can get petition forms for both becoming a delegate and for becoming an alternate delegate (I can file BOTH forms, so if I don't get elected as one, I may be elected as the other).

During a 3-week period beginning (he thinks) 1/22/08, I need to get 250 signatures of registered Republicans in my congressional district (he said his office will have all the info I need, including the list of registered Republicans). Again, I can collect signatures for both the delegate petition and the alternate petition simultaneously.

Then I gotta file it in Harrisburg (cost is $100 for each of the 2 petitions -delegate & alternate petitions). And that's it. Then I guess I'm on the ballot & people can vote for me on primary day. Others have been told basically the same thing, so it looks like this info is accurate.

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Send me in coach! I have followed this issue for a week now, read the countless instructions on how to become a delegate, and frankly I am more confused than ever.

Look, I am willing to crawl on my knees through a field of broken glass right now to become a delegate. Not kidding. But the more I look for information on what I need to do, the more confused I become. :confused:

I live in Franklin County, NC. Can somebody PLEASE help me figure out what to do????????? :mad:

Also, in a recent (mostly-failed) attempt to become self-employed, I am flat broke. :( But if needs be I will M A K E something happen!

Slist
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
bump

deedles
12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I joined my local GOP and applied to become a delegate. Took no time and 50.00.

Indy Vidual
12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Isn't this one thing national HQ is clearly going to help with?

Madison
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
According to both my Michigan state and county GOP offices, the term for current delegates doesn't end until August 2008, so that is the soonest I could become a delegate.

If this is incorrect or there is a way around this please let me know.

tamor
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
bump

reduen
12-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I have contacted the Official Campaign twice now about this issue via e-mail and I still have not recieved a response yet. (In over 3 weeks) If this was very important to the campaign, I would think that they would respond..

Madison
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Bump.