PDA

View Full Version : Chicago bloodbath: 6-year-old among those killed

azxd
03-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Sorry, no Trevon Martin in this story
But a whole bunch of other people died, and you'll not be getting the kind of coverage this story deserves, because most of it is minority against minority.
Besides, this is just another weekened in Obamaville ... How many of them look like they could Obama's son, and where are the race-bating keeps me in groceries talking heads ?

Silence IMO ... Because to focus on such a thing, is to bring focus to a portion of society few seem to care about.

Thoughts ?

Chicago bloodbath: 6-year-old among those killed (http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/19/10758488-chicago-bloodbath-6-year-old-among-those-killed)
Chicago police believe the drive-by shooting that killed a 6-year-old girl may have been gang related. WMAQ-TV's Christina Farr reports.

By NBCChicago.com

At least 10 people were killed and 39 others wounded during a bloody weekend in Chicago, police said.

Among the dead is a 6-year-old girl -- identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office as Aliyah Shell -- who was shot Saturday outside her house in the 3100 block of South Springfield Avenue, police said. A pickup truck approached and somebody inside began shooting, striking the girl in the abdomen, police said.

The little girl's sister was inside the house when she heard a popping sound outside.

"They started shooting but I thought it was fireworks. I heard like five or six gunshots. I thought they were fireworks," said Desiree Valzquez, Aliyah's sister. "I ran outside, and my mom was holding my sister. My sister wasn't talking anymore. She wasn't breathing."

Sunday afternoon, police charged two teens with Aliyah's murder -- 18-year-old Juan Barraza and a 16-year-old boy. Both teens are charged with murder and aggravated discharge of a firearm. Police said they recovered a gun at the scene.

Here are details on some other weekend shootings:
Saturday evening, somebody inside a vehicle fatally shot a 24-year-old man standing in the 5900 block of South Fairfield Avenue about 7:04 p.m., police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala said. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was initially taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Adrian Cruz, 24, of the 5900 block of South Fairfield Avene suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 8:17 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

At 7:50 p.m., police found a 21-year-old man dead with a gunshot wound to the head in the 800 block of East 79th Street, Zala said.

The victim was identified as Vincent Fitts, 22, of the 4100 block of West Cermak Road, according to the medical examiner’s office.

SNIP

And to the MOD's ... If we're not supposed to post the entire article, forgive me and delete whatever portion of this you feel necessary ... But also, point me to the rules via a PM, because I've looked, and I can't find anything that covers this aspect.

thoughtomator
03-28-2012, 05:10 AM
what are the comparable numbers for Afghanistan?

moostraks
03-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Would you really want your dead family members used by some narcissist to push their own pet political agenda? It is going to be a long, hot summer at this rate especially with gas prices through the roof and climbing higher.

Kluge
03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
The last fatal shooting Saturday happened at 10:30 p.m., when a man in his 20s was shot in the back while inside a vehicle in the 6300 block of South Ellis Avenue, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said. He may have driven himself to nearby University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was dead upon arrival.

What?

Lishy
03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
I despise gangsters. At least, I despise those which have no political cause or ideological agenda whatsoever. Why I think the Mafia is the much lesser evil in organized crime is mostly because "gangstaz" in contrast are just a bunch of immature gorillas with no justification for their actions, but simply commit crime and mischief for the thrill of it, and living in a literal fantasy world of "owning" the streets.

They're "bullies", to best describe them. Without their numbers or guns, they're really nobody, and they only victimize people they know they can pick on!

A bunch of cowards who can't even hold a gun correctly either! They're not even efficient in their own crimes! Instead, they hold pistols to the side like it's a toy!

But I guess calling a gun a metaphorical toy is fitting for them? After all, most "gangstaz" in the west act like children. But I guess most are little kids? 34 year old with brains like that of a spoiled 12 year old, who makes a violent tantrum if he doesn't get what he wants!

It's not to say that I condone the mafia as an alternative to organized crime, but I must say I respect their actions much more than than "Gangstaz" because they at least have motives or goals behind their actions.

Nothing is worse than an individual who kills without reason! I wish hell upon "gangstaz" who commit such heinous crimes!

The Free Hornet
03-28-2012, 10:32 AM
I despise gangsters.

They're "bullies", to best describe them. Without their numbers or guns, they're really nobody, and they only victimize people they know they can pick on!

Criminal gangs are an inevitable result of prohibitions. These prohibitions include drugs, sex, gambling, working, and may expand some day to include unlicensed medical treatment and copyrighted materials. When the government outlaws consenting behaviors, it ensures that outlaws be the mediators of otherwise consenting behavior. Crime rules in place of natural law. Players in this market can't easily compete on price and quality because advertising is difficult and it becomes more effective to establish territories. Whereas a legit company would offer coupons and discounts to get more business, these people must bribe officials just to stay in business.

I abhor gangs, but find it difficult to criticize them as individuals. It is not the right choice, but it is logical given the limited options put before them. There is a sense in which it is not unlike being in prison, join or up or suffer the wrath of those who do. Other groups not often recognized as gangs include cops, laywers, and the "gang of 435" (our esteemed US reps).

Philhelm
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I despise gangsters. At least, I despise those which have no political cause or ideological agenda whatsoever. Why I think the Mafia is the much lesser evil in organized crime is mostly because "gangstaz" in contrast are just a bunch of immature gorillas with no justification for their actions, but simply commit crime and mischief for the thrill of it, and living in a literal fantasy world of "owning" the streets.

A bunch of cowards who can't even hold a gun correctly either! They're not even efficient in their own crimes! Instead, they hold pistols to the side like it's a toy!

But I guess calling a gun a metaphorical toy is fitting for them? After all, most "gangstaz" in the west act like children. But I guess most are little kids? 34 year old with brains like that of a spoiled 12 year old, who makes a violent tantrum if he doesn't get what he wants!

It's not to say that I condone the mafia as an alternative to organized crime, but I must say I respect their actions much more than than "Gangstaz" because they at least have motives or goals behind their actions.

Nothing is worse than an individual who kills without reason! I wish hell upon "gangstaz" who commit such heinous crimes!

You could have just as easily been talking about cops.

Lishy
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Criminal gangs are an inevitable result of prohibitions. These prohibitions include drugs, sex, gambling, working, and may expand some day to include unlicensed medical treatment and copyrighted materials. When the government outlaws consenting behaviors, it ensures that outlaws be the mediators of otherwise consenting behavior. Crime rules in place of natural law. Players in this market can't easily compete on price and quality because advertising is difficult and it becomes more effective to establish territories. Whereas a legit company would offer coupons and discounts to get more business, these people must bribe officials just to stay in business.

I abhor gangs, but find it difficult to criticize them as individuals. It is not the right choice, but it is logical given the limited options put before them. There is a sense in which it is not unlike being in prison, join or up or suffer the wrath of those who do. Other groups not often recognized as gangs include cops, laywers, and the "gang of 435" (our esteemed US reps).

By western "gangstaz", I meant the stereotype of gang-bangers though, in contrast to those with an actual motivation

For a movement spawned by prohibition, these people actually don't care about politics whatsoever, and they're only in it to be "Cool" (Whatever that means.) But I guess the drug dealers are in it for the money.

"Street-cred" is mostly a delusion in my opinion, and innocent people are having their right to life violated by these mentally ill people for completely non-political reasons!

angelatc
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
And to the MOD's ... If we're not supposed to post the entire article, forgive me and delete whatever portion of this you feel necessary ... But also, point me to the rules via a PM, because I've looked, and I can't find anything that covers this aspect.

It's illegal to print an article in its entirety.

azxd
03-28-2012, 10:53 AM
what are the comparable numbers for Afghanistan?I'm not worried about someone else's backyard.

azxd
03-28-2012, 10:53 AM
It's illegal to print an article in its entirety.Editing it now ... Where are the darn rules again ?

angelatc
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Editing it now ... Where are the darn rules again ?

It may or may not be a rule, but reprinting an article in its entirety can get the forum owners in trouble for copyright infringement. I hate that, because it makes for sucky archives, especially when so many articles seem to get revised or even pulled when they're no longer politically expedient, but I'm sure it's right to use Josh's forums to serve my personal agenda.