PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a delegate in Ct.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
I thought there would be some sort of election or delegation process but not in Ct. apparently. All I need to do is be a registered Republican and inform the campaign that I am interested in being their delegate if they should win the primary here.
:)

Needless to say, I have informed the campaign that I want to be their delegate when they win Ct. :D

Sematary
11-14-2007, 01:41 PM
bump

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 01:49 PM
So I don't have to call them until after the primary? that sounds odd

Sematary
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
So I don't have to call them until after the primary? that sounds odd

I've already contacted them. I would think the best time would be BEFORE the primary. Here is what I got out of my discussion with the GOP and THIS rule:

The candidate receiving the greatest number of votes shall submit to the state party chairman, a slate of registered Republicans to serve as both at large and district delegates and a slate of registered Republicans to serve as both at large and district alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention. The State Party Chairman shall submit the list to the state committee for review and approval on or before its meeting in May of the year of the presidential election. l

What this means, and what I was told, is that there is no election, no process - the campaign simply chooses you and your eligibility is simply that you are a registered Republican and voted in the primary, and (of course) the campaign chooses you.

hopeforamerica
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Every state is different!! Please everyone look into how is works in your own state. Yea for Sematary!!

Sematary
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
This is the guy at the campaign you want to contact to tell him you want to be a delegate if you're in Ct.
crobertson@ronpaul2008.com

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
so you become a delegate in you specific state after the primary? but don't delegates select who wins their states primary though? sorry a bit confused.. or do you mean primary voters vote then go to cacus as delegates if Paul's camp selects you?

Sematary
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
so you become a delegate in you specific state after the primary? but don't delegates select who wins their states primary though? sorry a bit confused.. or do you mean primary voters vote then go to cacus as delegates if Paul's camp selects you?

Every state is different. Some states actually elect their delegates. Some are chosen.
In Ct. the winning campaign chooses it's delegates. Call the Secretary of State's office in YOUR state and find out what is necessary to become a delegate. As keeps being said - this is UBER IMPORTANT!

VoteRonPaul2008
11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
^okay thanks

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I was looking at the rassmussen reports and it look like Giuliani will win CT, should we pose of Giuliani types and telll their campaign we'll be there delegates?

Just a thought.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I was looking at the rassmussen reports and it look like Giuliani will win CT, should we pose of Giuliani types and telll their campaign we'll be there delegates?

Just a thought.

After all of this, you still pay attention to polls?
I'll admit, we have a long way to go in this state but I wouldn't trust the polls.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm just saying as contigency plan, it's sucha n informal process in this state, that all you have to is email both campaign and if either wins, your in.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm just saying as contigency plan, it's sucha n informal process in this state, that all you have to is email both campaign and if either wins, your in.

I think there would be penalties if I went there as a committed delegate then voted for a different person.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
something to look into, are CT delegates bound, if that's the case the yeah, but if not, we'd be in the clear and that'd be a lot of free delegates.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
something to look into, are CT delegates bound, if that's the case the yeah, but if not, we'd be in the clear and that'd be a lot of free delegates.

Yes. Ct. delegates are bound.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
darn, nevermind then