PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll: Majority in GOP say Gingrich and Paul should end bids

RonPaulFanInGA
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/27/cnn-poll-majority-in-gop-say-gingrich-paul-should-end-bids/

Six out of ten Republicans say that Gingrich should drop out of the race, with 39% saying that the former House speaker should not end his bid. And 61% say Paul should drop out, with 36% saying that the longtime congressman from Texas should continue to campaign for the White House.

ItsTime
03-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Their brainwashing has worked.

economics102
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
This is why this country is fucked. They put this on the front page and the sheep will eat it up. They will not stop and do a single moment of critical thinking, and realize, "hey, what's this? A poll showing that some of the Republican voters who PREFER RON PAUL'S OPPONENTS wish he would drop out of the race. Hmm."

At this stage I think it's safe to say that a large majority of any candidates' supporters would like the opposing candidates to drop out of the race!

When you consider that a huge portion of Paul's support comes from independents and even Democrats, and that Paul only has about 15% support nationally among the GOP, the fact that 40% of REPUBLICANS want him to stay in despite low numbers is actually pretty good. If you were to ask independents who they want to stay/go, I'm sure Paul and Romney would win the "stay" votes and Santorum/Gingrich would lose that poll badly.

But again, logic and reason don't have as loud a voice as CNN...

RickyJ
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
The majority thinks the government is covering up the truth of 9/11, wants the borders enforced better, and no amnesty for illegal aliens. The majority has been getting screwed for years by the ones in power. This poll is not representative of the majority anyway since in only includes Republicans which are not anywhere close to a majority.

thoughtomator
03-27-2012, 09:14 PM
a majority of Republicans is what, a few percent of the total population?

CaptainAmerica
03-27-2012, 09:23 PM
stupid voters will be stupid.

JusticeOWHjr
03-30-2012, 01:51 AM
How is this media spin, it is reporting the facts of the poll findings.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM

Yeah, but a mod. would have just stuck it here anyway, if it was originally put in Grassroots or wherever.

Bern
03-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Bern Poll: Majority say GOP should end disenfranchisement of voters
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369320-CNN-Poll-Majority-in-GOP-say-Gingrich-and-Paul-should-end-bids

One out of one Republicans say that the GOP party bosses should stop disenfranchising voters, with 100% saying that the caucus and delegate selection shenanigans should end.

tfurrh
03-30-2012, 10:40 AM
why would we do that when we're #winning?

that's right.....overly optimistic hashtag. :D

speciallyblend
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
it is like the gop wants him to run 3rd Party. Ron Paul 2012

The Free Hornet
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM

It is none of these?:

"... media spin, misinformation, disinformation, ad hominem attacks and more."

media spin: There is little relevance in this as - by other standards - there is only a plurality of support for the #1 candidate, not a majority. Also this speaks to relevance and roll of the media. Perhaps like that CBS guy, you believe the media exists to kick candidates out of the race prior to the start or conclusion of the election process. Shoud Ron Paul have asked for CNN's blessing to run for President?

ad hominem attacks and more: I'm sure it is here covered somewhere. As a hit piece, the truth or facts are not the issue. Crappy news is a lot like crappy photography. Choice of focus is a valid criticism.

Commisioning a poll and reporting the findings is hardly newsworthy anymore if ever it was. I have to question the value of a news organization continuing to pay pollsters. I don't subscribe to cable or dish so CNN isn't getting my money.

Why complain about where a thread lives? Why not be grateful we have moderators and admins to organize and catalog information not to mention posters polite enough to not trample on the grassroots. I suppose if you ran a library, you would burn the card catalogs and throw all the books on the effing floor. Where else would you want the thread anyway?

puppetmaster
03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
These same people wont show up and be delegates so they have effectively dropped out. So as long as we show up to every convention we will dominate. I see this happening across the country and it is truly awe inspiring.

These self professed republicans are so effing lazy that they won't participate in the conventions. We have them by the nuts.

CaptainAmerica
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
CNN should be sued for defamation. I'm really sick and tired of the news stations bold face lying and slandering of Ron Paul's character and current status in the campaign trail .Ron Paul is doing great.

Justinfrom1776
03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I can't wait for them to shit themselves when they realize how many delegates we really have.