PDA

View Full Version : Obama election has made race relations in America better or worse?

moderate libertarian
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
What effect if any Obama election has had on race relations in America?

Is America more or less racially divided today than it was under Bush Presidency 4 years ago?

BlackTerrel
03-27-2012, 09:22 PM
You won't get it from listening to infowars or this forum but you will if you interact with Americans daily - things are better. They are better than I ever remember.

Brian4Liberty
03-27-2012, 09:25 PM
If you ignore the media, they are better than ever. If you listen to the media and charlatans like Sharpton, we are the brink! As always, racial tension serves as a very effective tool in distracting the masses. Chase that Red Herring!

Brian4Liberty
03-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Although it is worth noting that exaggerated racial tension does benefit Obama specifically in that he can raise more money and energize his base. This could be said of any Democrat candidate, as the Democrats love to play the race card, but obviously it benefits Obama just a little more.

oyarde
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Intelligent , contributing people care not about race , but substance. We all have small oppurtunities to make the world around us better . That is all we can concentrate on . Love is more powerful than hate , it can last forever , or maybe it moves to another form of love instead . Hate cannot last forever , it sucks the life and strength from the host . Liberty Rules .

AuH20
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Yes, without a doubt. With the economy in a freefall, distrust among ethnic groups is at alarming levels. You can feel the external pressure like a vise crushing a watermelon. People aren't going to react rationally under extreme duress, especially if they think some other group is responsible for their bad run of luck. You can see this in the fringe racist elements of the white race as well as the black race.

donnay
03-27-2012, 11:38 PM
What we all must realize, black, white, brown and yellow-- if we do not study history we are DOOMED to repeat it. The globalists are racist, they hate us all, equally. If we do not come together, for the cause of humanity, as a whole, we are all going to be slaves on the global plantation!

If we fall for their propaganda, and keep fighting amongst ourselves, they win!!

NewRightLibertarian
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
You won't get it from listening to infowars or this forum but you will if you interact with Americans daily - things are better. They are better than I ever remember.

LOL! Yeah, things are so harmonious as a black president openly destroys freedoms for all Americans. Gimme a fucking break.

BTW, the answer is way worse. And they'll worsen even further as the economy continues to crumble.

AuH20
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
LOL! Yeah, things are so harmonious as a black president openly destroys freedoms for all Americans. Gimme a fucking break.

BTW, the answer is way worse. And they'll worsen even further as the economy continues to crumble.

Right. You have Chris Rock and Morgan Freeman waging war on the Tea Party for apparently being closet KKK. And everything is just fine. And remember these are highly thought-of, respectable black celebrities pushing this nonsense. That's how personal this irrational defense of Obama has been, even though he's been a doppelganger of George W. Bush and then some. But don't tell the black community that.

BlackTerrel
03-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Although it is worth noting that exaggerated racial tension does benefit Obama specifically in that he can raise more money and energize his base. This could be said of any Democrat candidate, as the Democrats love to play the race card, but obviously it benefits Obama just a little more.

I don't get where this is true. Black people will vote for Obama at 95% or so - just like they did for Clinton BTW.

BlackTerrel
03-28-2012, 12:12 AM

Right. You have Chris Rock and Morgan Freeman waging war on the Tea Party for apparently being closet KKK. And everything is just fine. And remember these are highly thought-of, respectable black celebrities pushing this nonsense. That's how personal this irrational defense of Obama has been, even though he's been a doppelganger of George W. Bush and then some. But don't tell the black community that.

Yeah you can always find stuff to bitch out. About half my friends are black - the rest are made up of about 5 different races and 99% of the time no one gives a shit. Don't believe the hype - Americans get along just fine.

BenIsForRon
03-28-2012, 12:20 AM
I think they are a little better, and the fact that enough white people voted for Obama to get him elected may have helped. Really, it's just going to take more time, as we get farther from the Jim Crow days and further into the information age.

NewRightLibertarian
03-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Yeah you can always find stuff to bitch out. About half my friends are black - the rest are made up of about 5 different races and 99% of the time no one gives a shit. Don't believe the hype - Americans get along just fine.

The black leaders and the black celebrities openly celebrate tyranny and usher in an age of an oppression, urging their communities to kiss the boots of Obama just because he's black while saying that his critics are all racist klansmen. What's the percentage of black people that support of Obama, do you think? Things are absolutely dire in terms of race relations, whether you want to put your head in the sand about it or not. In his lust for power, Obama has put society back a generation in terms of race relations single-handedly.

DerailingDaTrain
03-28-2012, 12:42 AM

This. It's a small group of people in this country who make the rest of us look bad (and that includes all racist groups including the NBPP)

The black leaders and the black celebrities openly celebrate tyranny and usher in an age of an oppression, urging their communities to kiss the boots of Obama just because he's black while saying that his critics are all racist klansmen. What's the percentage of black people that support of Obama, do you think? Things are absolutely dire in terms of race relations, whether you want to put your head in the sand about it or not. In his lust for power, Obama has put society back a generation in terms of race relations single-handedly.

*sigh* and this is why the answer to the question the OP asked is worse...much worse. Stop encouraging them with this type of language.

moo
03-28-2012, 12:43 AM
race relations on main street is good. main street racism is kept behind closed doors & rarely out in public except for the internet.

moo
03-28-2012, 12:55 AM
The black leaders openly usher in an age of an oppression (on whites)

Your fear is showing.
:o

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM
race relations on main street is good. main street racism is kept behind closed doors & rarely out in public except for the internet. Where have you ever been on main street , out of curiosity ?

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Your fear is showing.
:o I doubt the Sarge is scared , more likely concerened

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:10 AM
This. It's a small group of people in this country who make the rest of us look bad (and that includes all racist groups including the NBPP)

*sigh* and this is why the answer to the question the OP asked is worse...much worse. Stop encouraging them with this type of language. I see your point

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't get where this is true. Black people will vote for Obama at 95% or so - just like they did for Clinton BTW. I believe that is correct , probably LBJ too , without looking ......

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM

*sigh* and this is why the answer to the question the OP asked is worse...much worse. Stop encouraging them with this type of language. While I see your point , Mob Libertarians question is valid , while race has never been any factor to me of any kind , it may be to many .......

oyarde
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
If that is the case .... what can be done to fix it ??? That is what is important to me . and I do not mean how to fix it with any type of govt spending , I mean how can we fix it without govt and general bullshit ?

NewRightLibertarian
03-28-2012, 01:58 AM
*sigh* and this is why the answer to the question the OP asked is worse...much worse. Stop encouraging them with this type of language.

Nah, my telling of the truth isn't why racial tensions have worsened. It's Obama's reign of terror that is the culprit. I refuse to put my head in the sand and deny obvious truths to delude myself into feeling better about the current disastrous state of affairs that plague this country.

Your fear is showing.
:o

Whether you manipulate what I say to promote your agenda or not, my points remain completely valid. Obama is ushering in tyranny (not just against white Christians but the Muslims who he murders overseas everyday as well) whether cowards want to admit it or not.

Brian4Liberty
03-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't get where this is true. Black people will vote for Obama at 95% or so - just like they did for Clinton BTW.

It's about getting out the vote, and getting more donations for his re-election campaign. It will also work on non-black voters who now want to vote their "solidarity".

farreri
03-28-2012, 10:11 AM
The right wing sure haven't helped make race relations better since Obama was elected. But when have they ever?

Don't tell me that the illegitimate* Tea Party getting as big as it once did had nothing to do with Obama being black.

(*After the neocons hijacked it from the Liberty movement.)

The Free Hornet
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM

This may establish a good metric for race relations. If they have improved, the vote for Obama decreases, if they have gotten worse, the percent increases. I.e., the less votes correlate with the race of the voter, the more things have improved.

row row fight da powah
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
It seems worse. All it has done is weaken race relations. Yay the president is black...so? Who gives a shit? I wouldn't care if he was asian, either. Nobody should. People want to rejoice in a black president, yet don't listen to the words of Martin Luther King Jr... Judge a person by the quality of his character, right? Well why is it that black people will put that aside now and blindly vote for Obama, even though he's an exact clone of Bush, if not worse? It's hypocrisy. It's made me view them as being racists, which personally ruined my feelings towards those types of people. Obviously, I dont assume that all black people vote Obama, surely there are a few people mentally strong enough to not allow the race card to cloud their judgment, but sadly it's the vast majority who allow it to.

It hurts our chances, too. Ron Paul would be the best pick for all minorities by far, however it seems most people don't even care to look up any other candidate, because their eyes are set on Obama no matter what. THAT is racism.

NewRightLibertarian
03-28-2012, 11:57 AM
The right wing sure haven't helped make race relations better since Obama was elected. But when have they ever?

Don't tell me that the illegitimate* Tea Party getting as big as it once did had nothing to do with Obama being black.

(*After the neocons hijacked it from the Liberty movement.)

Nah, it has to do with Obama destroying the country and the Constitution. You repeating Obama's propaganda narratives are what is hurting race relations, not the Tea Party.

BlackTerrel
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
This may establish a good metric for race relations. If they have improved, the vote for Obama decreases, if they have gotten worse, the percent increases. I.e., the less votes correlate with the race of the voter, the more things have improved.

Really? 90% of Mormons will vote for Mitt. Does that mean that Mormons are going to war with non-Mormons?

BlackTerrel
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM

What do you mean by dire? On the ground? I see whites and blacks and Asians and Indians getting along pretty well. Go to any American campus and check it out.

moderate libertarian
03-28-2012, 08:24 PM

I disagree, I think Obama election has led to worsening race relations. Part of it probably is due to amplified historic prejudices. 40% of Republicans did not even see Obama as a Christian even though the man attended Rev Wright's Church for 20 years, that is almost half of GOP.

Also, disgust that Obama's incompetence/playing puppet for neocon/Israel war lobbies evokes in many also does not help with our intrinsic groupthink tendencies.

This is in today's news. I don't recall such a racial tension in America ever during Bush Presidency:

Jonatha Carr, FAU Student, Will Not Face Charges After Violent Outburst In Classroom (VIDEO)

03/27/2012 3:41 pm Updated: 03/27/2012 4:20 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/jonatha-carr-fau-no-charges-trayvon_n_1382362.html

http://www.youtube.com/v/NghQUcrX9Ew

This was recent news when top rated radio host used n-word almost a dozen times and a former Republican VP candidate Palin asked her to "not reareat, reload":

SCHLESSINGER: I’m Dr. Laura Schlessinger, talking to Jade. What did
you think about during the break, by the way?

CALLER: I was a little caught back by the N-word that you spewed
out, I have to be honest with you. But my point is, race relations —

SCHLESSINGER: Oh, then I guess you don’t watch HBO or listen to
any black comedians.

CALLER: But that doesn’t make it right. I mean, race is a
[unintelligible] –

SCHLESSINGER: My dear, my dear –

CALLER: — since Obama’s been in office –

SCHLESSINGER: — the point I’m trying to make –

CALLER: — racism has come to another level that’s unacceptable.

SCHLESSINGER: Yeah. We’ve got a black man as president, and we
have more complaining about racism than ever. I mean, I think that’s
hilarious.

CALLER: But I think, honestly, because there’s more white people
afraid of a black man taking over the nation.

SCHLESSINGER: They’re afraid.

CALLER: If you want to be honest about it [unintelligible]

SCHLESSINGER: Dear, they voted him in. Only 12 percent of the
population’s black. Whites voted him in.

CALLER: It was the younger generation that did it. It wasn’t the older
white people who did it.

SCHLESSINGER: Oh, OK.

CALLER: It was the younger generation –

SCHLESSINGER: All right. All right.

CALLER: — that did it.

SCHLESSINGER: Chip on your shoulder. I can’t do much about that.

http://newscastmedia.com/blog/2010/08/13/dr-laura-schlessinger-goes-nuts-says-******-on-air-11-times/

Sarah Palin Supports Dr. Laura Via Twitter: 'don't retreat ... reload!'

Aug 18, 2010 ... Sarah Palin has used Twitter to share some advice with Dr. Laura Schlessinger,
the talk radio host who apologized and decided to retire from ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../sarah-palin-supports-dr-laura_n_687148.html

coastie
03-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Race relations improved? By who's measurement? How would one measure that?

Race "relations" can be "changed" in the blink of an eye by our media. My friends, who happen to be, what is it they call it? Oh yeah, black-are still my friends, but we're not better friends because Obama is in office, and won't be worse off if he loses.

NewRightLibertarian
03-28-2012, 08:31 PM
What do you mean by dire? On the ground? I see whites and blacks and Asians and Indians getting along pretty well. Go to any American campus and check it out.

Generally though, people are still predominantly friends with those who are in the same race as them.

coastie
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Generally though, people are still predominantly friends with those who are in the same race as them.

True, but it may be safe to assume that's got a LOT to do with this country's history of dividing us and keeping us divided.

Side note: There were probably 100,000 "black" kids here for Spring Break a few weeks ago. Never before have been that many. Rumor i heard was "Black Spring Break", which is usually held in Atlanta, was cancelled this year, maybe that's why, I dunno and that's moot anyway. While driving home down the strip, it was hard to not notice that I was the only white guy for miles, literally, aside from the two or three cops I saw out there. This during/after the Martin shooting. I made it through without a scratch, even 'hollered" at a couple of the cuter girls while riding bumper to bumper(took 45 minutes to drive 8 miles) sticking out like a white thumb. And here I post....

moderate libertarian
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
True, but it may be safe to assume that's got a LOT to do with this country's history of dividing us and keeping us divided.

I doubt that is the entire reason, part of it is due to human nature. People with similar roots/backgrounds tend to gravitate towards one another in most social settings.

coastie
03-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I doubt that is the entire reason, part of it is due to human nature. People with similar roots/backgrounds tend to gravitate towards one another in most social settings.

Right, which is why I said a LOT of the reason-not all of it.;)

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
I disagree, I think Obama election has led to worsening race relations.

Ok based on what?

Part of it probably is due to amplified historic prejudices. 40% of Republicans did not even see Obama as a Christian even though the man attended Rev Wright's Church for 20 years, that is almost half of GOP.

How is that evidence of it being worse? Did they see him as Christian four years ago? I'd argue that's the same.

Also, disgust that Obama's incompetence/playing puppet for neocon/Israel war lobbies evokes in many also does not help with our intrinsic groupthink tendencies.

I know it's rare that you go a few sentences without mentioning Israel but you're going to have to explain this sentence above and why it is an indication of worsening race relations. I've read it three times and I'm not sure what you're argument is or how it's connected to your original post.

This is in today's news. I don't recall such a racial tension in America ever during Bush Presidency:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/jonatha-carr-fau-no-charges-trayvon_n_1382362.html

http://www.youtube.com/v/NghQUcrX9Ew

I think that's called going crazy. There are 309 million Americans I guarantee you a number of them went crazy during Bush's tenure. To pick some (very bizarre) isolated incident to sell your point is reaching.

This was recent news when top rated radio host used n-word almost a dozen times and a former Republican VP candidate Palin asked her to "not reareat, reload":

I don't even know how this is an argument. Imus made offensive comments during the Bush presidency. So did Rush Limbaugh and he got booted from the NFL show. Those were all pre-Obama.

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 12:16 AM

Sure. More so than in 2008. I'd argue that if anything we are more connected since 2008. I don't have the stats in front of me but if you looked at interracial marriage or other such stats I bet they're climbing since 2008 - definitely not declining.

BamaAla
03-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Unchanged. Recent events notwithstanding, I don't see anything too bad very often and I'm in what is supposed to be the mecca of racism.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 06:36 AM

I see the opposite, REGULARLY.

People say the opposite, REGULARLY.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 06:42 AM
If you ignore the media, they are better than ever. If you listen to the media and charlatans like Sharpton, we are the brink! As always, racial tension serves as a very effective tool in distracting the masses. Chase that Red Herring!

I have been roaming America for a few YEARS now. I SEE the opposite. People SAY the opposite.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 06:52 AM
...got a LOT to do with this country's history of dividing us and keeping us divided.

Absolutely, it does.

It also has to do with Officials/Media/Advertisers cramming BLACK BLACK BLACK down everyone's throats. No lie, I bought the domain name AllBlackAllTheTime. Same thing is happening with GAY GAY GAY.

Whether Blacks & Gays shoot themselves in the foot while pulling themselves up by their bootstraps or whether Masterminds infiltrate/exploit these groups, LIKE THEY INFILTRATE/EXPLOIT OTHER GROUPS, the result is the same: Both Blacks and Gays are REALLY getting under the skin of some people who did not formerly think two pins about them.

That is MY experience.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Don't believe the hype - Americans get along just fine.

TOTAL bullshit.

You have been an Obama Apologist/Loyalist right along.

xFiFtyOnE
03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
In my opinion, I'd say race relations are about the same. No better or no worse.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
In my opinion, I'd say race relations are about the same. No better or no worse.

TOTALLY disagree.

"No better, no worse", by the by, is how Rulers WANT Ruled to feel/be: FLATLINERS.

The Investigating Officer WANTED to arrest #Zimmerman. Someone higher up nixed that. THAT INDIVIDUAL, with a name and a face, is FULLY responsible (perhaps is a Racist, like #Zimmerman)...OR OR OR, the Investigating Officer's "Superior" ALSO followed orders from higher up.

UNLESS IT IS A CONSPIRACY TO CATAPULT RACE RELATIONS INTO THE HEADLINES FOR POLITICAL/PERSONAL GAIN, there is absolutely a you-can-see-it-from-a-mile-away way to make this the LOCAL INCIDENT THAT IT IS . . . if Non-Hysterics and Non-Exploiters would make as big a public outcry as Blacks, Bleeding Hearts and Bullshitters are making.

[No, I do not suggest someone sacrificed #TrayvonMartin, rather, that Masterminds will have had their billion-dollar "Intelligence" apparatus WATCHING/WAITING FOR AN INEVITABLE INCIDENT to conflate into a HOT BUTTON ISSUE. We do, after all, have a big-ticket election coming up. Winning is everything...the ends justify the means...]

Liberty74
03-29-2012, 07:42 AM

Exactly, they are worse because of the constant, over played race card by the Left to ignore real talk of the issues. Remember, politics is about herding. The race card gives the Left the ability to create more hatred and more tension to herd the black community. Obama knows his entire re-election is based on that.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Exactly, they are worse because of the constant, over played race card by the Left to ignore real talk of the issues. Remember, politics is about herding. The race card gives the Left the ability to create more hatred and more tension to herd the black community. Obama knows his entire re-election is based on that.

BOTH "parties", BOTH "sides" play the various cards. got #SouthernStrategy? WHATEVER WORKS, ALL BETS ARE OFF.

Machiavellian.

LEFT/RIGHT is one the most GLARING of the group-think False Dichotomies. The DEMOCRATIC/REPUBLICAN stranglehold positively BANKS on its continuation.

"A Third Party Candidate has no chance / It is futile to even try" should be set to a melody, because it is MUSIC to Rulers' ears. WELL DONE, CHILDREN, EXTRA RECESS FOR YOU!

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Obama is a sharp-lookin' dude who, DEAL WITH IT, was also an Affirmative Action Fast Tracker. Replay #SuzanneMalveaux's #CNN biography of #Obama. I quote almost exactly, or exactly: "In high school, he struggled for B's, wrote poetry and shot hoops." Pray tell, how does STRUGGLED FOR B's get into Columbia? Affirmative Action, yes? The alternative is a WORSE kind of string-pulling. No? Okay. How ELSE does "struggled for B's" get into an Ivy League school?

He spends Taxpayers' money AT AN UNPRECEDENTED RATE & IN UNPRECEDENTED AMOUNTS, and he is NOT humble about it. He rolls in CONSPICUOUSLY high style, and smiles big for the cameras at FLUFF events that do NOT speak to being at war. Concurrently, he has NOT delivered on the soaring rhetoric of an unprecedentedly expensive campaign. He REALLY rubs some people the wrong way. I turn the gizmo off when the man comes on. But that was true with Bush, too.

Y'know the reams and reams and reams of Regulations that are hamstringing American businesses? BILLABLE HOURS for Big Law. Big Law was a big Player in Obama's last campaign.

America has Racists APLENTY, and it is NOT "only" the stereotypical-read-that-bigoted version that pits Caucasian Racist against Negro Victim.

COMBATTING RACISM . . . like SAVING AFRICA . . . has enriched many, many, many, many, many ostensible "Helpers".

We have been "saving Africa" MY ENTIRE LIFE. Baby Boomers will recall the non-logic of being commanded to eat unwanted food because CHILDREN ARE STARVING IN BIAFRA. I am not a Racist, but I also don't CARE if people call me a Racist. BRASS TACKS: Either "charitable" SAVE AFRICA people are corrupt &/or stupid, &/or AFRICANS are corrupt &/or stupid. When taxes are going up and quality of life is going down, people typically content to be FORCIBLY generous get to thinking how SICK they are of ALWAYS SAVING THE SAME PEOPLE.

Morphing INEVITABLE local incidents into HATE CRIMES ratchets them to FEDERAL CRIMES. Bigger crimes, bigger bucks, more control.

xFiFtyOnE
03-29-2012, 08:27 AM
TOTALLY disagree.

"No better, no worse", by the by, is how Rulers WANT Ruled to feel/be: FLATLINERS.

The Investigating Officer WANTED to arrest #Zimmerman. Someone higher up nixed that. THAT INDIVIDUAL, with a name and a face, is FULLY responsible (maybe is a Racist, like #Zimmerman)...OR OR OR, the Investigating Officer's "Superior" ALSO followed orders from higher up.

UNLESS IT IS A CONSPIRACY TO CATAPULT RACE RELATIONS INTO THE HEADLINES FOR POLITICAL/PERSONAL GAIN, there is absolutely a you-can-see-it-from-a-mile-away way to make this the LOCAL INCIDENT IT IS . . . if Non Hysterics and Non Exploiters would make as big a public outcry as Blacks, Bleeding Hearts and Bullshitters are making.

[No, I do not suggest someone sacrificed #TrayvonMartin, rather, that Masterminds will have had their billion-dollar "Intelligence" apparatus WATCHING/WAITING FOR AN INEVITABLE INCIDENT to conflate into a HOT BUTTON ISSUE. We do, after all, have a big-ticket election coming up. Winning is everything...the ends justify the means...]

Meh. I'm not talking about the media. I was talking about real people in the city where I live. Population is nearly half black and white. I have noticed no increase in either racist blacks or racist whites.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Meh. I'm not talking about the media. I was talking about real people in the city where I live. Population is nearly half black and white. I have noticed no increase in either racist blacks or racist whites.

Fifty/fifty = BALANCE.

Those are the places where Racism is ALREADY less prevalent, where an undercurrent of hatred is LESS likely to fester, where "An Event" is LESS likely to be instigated.

Sam I am
03-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Is America more or less racially divided today than it was under Bush Presidency 4 years ago?

It's really not different at all, and there's no reason why it should be different.

Kade
03-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm sure this will be a fair and balanced debate.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 08:57 AM
It's really not different at all, and there's no reason why it should be different.

Fiddle dee dee.

Slavery (after kidnap) + Ku Klux Klan + Jim Crow Laws + Civil Rights Battle + First Black President do NOT add up to "not different at all".

row row fight da powah
03-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Fiddle dee dee.

Slavery (after kidnap) + Ku Klux Klan + Jim Crow Laws + Civil Rights Battle + First Black President do NOT add up to "not different at all".

The point is, society has already reached a stage where racism hardly exists within the people. Whether Obama was president or not wouldn't have changed it. It's like praising Lincoln for "ending slavery" when he didn't really and wasn't even trying to, the people of that time were already starting to oppose it.

Kade
03-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Society has reached a stage where racism hardly exists within the people [according to my own made up assessment and feelings].

FTFY.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 09:12 AM
The point is, society has already reached a stage where racism hardly exists within the people.

Baloney, Malarkey, Bullshit, Hogwash...take yer pick.

Whether Obama was president or not wouldn't have changed it.

I couldn't disagree more.

It's like praising Lincoln for "ending slavery" when he didn't really and wasn't even trying to, the people of that time were already starting to oppose it.

It is true that Racism diminishes over time, NOT because individuals become less racist but because they DIE. Most simply don't/can't instill the SAME DEGREE OF MINDLESS ANIMOSITY into the next generation. Cool.

But Obama was not READY to be President. Evidence abounds. He WORKED the Black Thing. He works it still. The garish disparity between his BIG TALKIN' during campaign-o-rama and his poor performance in office, PLUS Welfare-mania IN a languishing economy, is kicking up a LOT of latent racism.

Obama SPEAKS DIFFERENTLY when addressing Black audiences. Is that RAAAYCIST?

AuH20
03-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Given the battered history of the average African-American, they are extremely defensive of any member of their flock. It's very much a defense mechanism. Take for example, O.J. Simpson who acted more like a privliged white for most of his life, yet he was fiercely defended when his case went to trial, despite enormous evidence to the contrary.

While Obama obviously isn't a murderer, he is given that same deranged blanket of security and defense simply because of his skin color, which ticks off many of the objective citizens to no end. I'm reminded of Samuel Jackson's recent comments stating that Obama's policies have no importance in his eyes and that the paramount issue is that he's black. That's what we're dealing with. A cult of personality absolutely mesmerized by identity politics.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Given the battered history of the average African-American, they are extremely defensive of any member of their flock. It's very much a defense mechanism. Take for example, O.J. Simpson who acted more like a privliged white for most of his life, yet he was fiercely defended when his case went to trial, despite enormous evidence to the contrary.

While Obama obviously isn't a murderer, he is given that same deranged blanket of security and defense simply because of his skin color, which ticks off many of the objective citizens to no end. I'm reminded of Samuel Jackson's recent comments stating that Obama's policies have no importance in his eyes and that the paramount issue is that he's black. That's what we're dealing with. A cult of personality absolutely mesmerized by identity politics.

SEVERAL people have said that to me, INCLUDING a coupla white people. It FLOORS me.

#BobbyRush, of the hoodie on the House floor, claimed PRINCIPLE in declaring that Obama's vacated Senate seat HAD TO be filled by an African American:

"I am committed, as I have been, to a long term principle that whosever selects the replacement for President Elect Barack Obama, that that person chooses an African American...

...I am currently now assembling a team of lawyers to ascertain what is the legal avenue, what are the legal options in order to ensure that, one, we have quickly a decision to replace President Elect’s seat and, two, that we can have the best and most favorable way to position ourselves to make sure that that person is an African American..."

http://singlenessofpurpose.com/uncategorized/color-over-principle/

row row fight da powah
03-29-2012, 09:44 AM
FTFY.

Think back to 60 years ago and compare it to today. Things seem exactly the same? Surely it still exists, but in comparison, it's a lot less than years ago. It has nothing to do with anything but people learning to accept each other which was helped by allowing people of color to participate in things that white people did as well. Through time, acceptance was built when people learned that there's nothing to fear from one another and that we're all people with a mind, heart, and soul. That's society developing mentally. Within the average group of people in the US, racism seems a lot more rare than before. A lot of the racism that still exists today, only exists because of government trying to revive it. Stories like this Treyvon Martin thing being blown up and Spike Lee egging people to attack the family of the person are simply made to be a huge story by the media for the sole purpose of creating that racial tension when it wasn't a hate crime. The Obama Administration is rallying the black vote again and trying to instill anger within them against white people while doing it (well there were rumors of him being in the black panther party) The more they pin us against each other, the less heat they take. The less heat they take, the easier they pass these laws. Know your enemy.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Think back to 60 years ago and compare it to today. Things seem exactly the same? Surely it still exists, but in comparison, it's a lot less than years ago. It has nothing to do with anything but people learning to accept each other which was helped by allowing people of color to participate in things that white people did as well. Through time, acceptance was built when people learned that there's nothing to fear from one another. That's society developing mentally. Within the average group of people in the US, racism seems a lot more rare than before. A lot of the racism that still exists today, only exists because of government trying to revive it. Stories like this Treyvon Martin thing being blown up and Spike Lee egging people to attack the family of the person are simply made to be a huge story by the media for the sole purpose of creating that racial tension when it wasn't a hate crime. Obama is rallying the black vote again and trying to instill anger within them against white people while doing it. The more they pin us against each other, the less heat they take. The less heat they take, the easier they pass these laws. Know your enemy.

True enough. But they can REVIVE it because it is NOT down for the count.

Do unscrupulous Manipulators & Power Mongers stir embers and FAN FLAMES of racism? Absolutely. Do they USE racism to further their orchestrated Money 'n Power ploys? Absolutely. (They monetize Natural Disasters, too, and use THEM to amass more power.)

They couldn't do this, but for the PREVALENCE of racism.

Happily for Power Mongers, wizards of DIVIDE & CONQUER, there are COUNTLESS fears, doubts, jealousies, resentments, insecurities and suspicions to exploit for gain.

row row fight da powah
03-29-2012, 10:15 AM
True enough. But they can REVIVE it because it is NOT down for the count.

Alive or not, they can revive whatever idea they want to. They control what people see, hear and (for most) think. It's not hard to put a few bogus stories out there to push an agenda.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Alive or not, they can revive whatever idea they want to.

REVIVING and CREATING are not the same thing.

They control what people see, hear and (for most) think. It's not hard to put a few bogus stories out there to push an agenda.

Yep.

#JosephGoebbels: Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.

#JosephPulitzer: A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself.

#AllenGinsberg: Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture.

#NikitaKhrushchev: The press is our chief ideological weapon.

#JimMorrison: Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.

#AJLiebling: I take a grave view of the press. It is the weak slat under the bed of democracy.

#JohnNichols and #RobertMcChesney: In the United States, both the Republican and Democratic Parties, with only a few prominent exceptions, have been and are in the pay of the corporate media and communication giants.

#MarkCrispinMiller: Media manipulation in the U.S. today is more efficient than it was in Nazi Germany, because here we have the pretense that we are getting all the information we want. That misconception prevents people from even looking for the truth.

#MarkTwain: There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people FROM the press.

#NoamChomsky: The media want to maintain their intimate relation to state power. They want to get leaks, they want to get invited to the press conferences. They want to rub shoulders with the Secretary of State, all that kind of business. To do that, you've got to play the game, and playing the game means telling their lies, serving as their disinformation apparatus.

cheapseats
03-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Racism exists. Racists exist. Always have, as best as I can tell. Overt racism has steadily declined in America in my lifetime, but it HAS had a resurgence since Obama's meteoric AND MYSTERIOUS ascension to power.

That said, Rulers & Media are PLAYING THE RACE CARD right, left and center. It's good for business . . . ask Skittles & Arizona Iced Tea. Ask attorneys. It's good for POLITICS . . . notice how ONE murder, of latterly unknown #TrayvonMartin (NOT the murder of #JessicaMartin, however) yanks Afghanistan AND Iran right off the front AND back burners.

Pentagon Brass said this week that Israel is likely to "drag us" into Iran. Seeee? We are PERPETUAL VICTIMS, just like Blacks.

moderate libertarian
03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Racism exists. Racists exist. Always have, as best as I can tell. Overt racism has steadily declined in America in my lifetime, but it HAS had a resurgence since Obama's meteoric AND MYSTERIOUS ascension to power.

That said, Rulers & Media are PLAYING THE RACE CARD right, left and center. It's good for business . . . ask Skittles & Arizona Iced Tea. Ask attorneys. It's good for POLITICS . . . notice how ONE murder, of latterly unknown #TrayvonMartin (NOT the murder of #JessicaMartin, however) yanks Afghanistan AND Iran right off the front AND back burners.

Pentagon Brass said this week that Israel is likely to "drag us" into Iran. Seeee? We are PERPETUAL VICTIMS, just like Blacks.

Irony here may be that Obama election was prescribed by some as medicine for symptoms of another form of racism:

http://www.caerdroia.org/blog/pic11962_1.jpg

No one hard warned about all the severe side effects.

Ok based on what?

How is that evidence of it being worse? Did they see him as Christian four years ago? I'd argue that's the same.

I think that's called going crazy. There are 309 million Americans I guarantee you a number of them went crazy during Bush's tenure. To pick some (very bizarre) isolated incident to sell your point is reaching.

I don't even know how this is an argument. Imus made offensive comments during the Bush presidency. So did Rush Limbaugh and he got booted from the NFL show. Those were all pre-Obama.

Based on various observations and similar views of many others, claim by one African-American caller who specifically states so is just one of the many sharing such sentiment.

Race relations are now worse in America... despite nation's first black president, says new poll

By David Gardner
UPDATED: 13:49 EST, 11 October 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1318727/Race-relations-worse-America--despite-Obamas-presidency-new-poll-reveals.html

February 02, 2012

The Secret Service reported in 2009 that President Obama faces 400 times more death threats than President Bush. He is threatened with death 30 times every day.

Just in the last few weeks we note that:

Andrew Adler, owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, suggested that Israel could “order a hit” on President Obama.
Now he says he regrets it. But what was he thinking in the first place.

Veteran police Sergeant Pat Shearer of Peoria, Arizona, posted a photo to his Facebook page that showed six armed teenagers holding an Obama teeshirt riddled with bullets. He called it a political statement.

Jules Manson, a 2011 city council candidate in Carson City Calif., made a death threat toward the president and his entire family – using the most racist language imaginable. He apologized – sort of.

http://theskanner.com/article/Ariz-Gov-Jan-Brewer-Arrest-This-Woman-2012-02-02

African-American leader Farakhan had suggested bias too when he talked aboout US media's coverage of threats made against brother Obama by Andrew Adler.

Often times individual views on such an issue will be subjective but we know that reality is perception of reality.
All these pieces of evidence listed above point to increased racial tensions and worsening race relations in America. If all this doesn't convince you, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I see the opposite, REGULARLY.

People say the opposite, REGULARLY.

What do people say?

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Based on various observations and similar views of many others, claim by one African-American caller who specifically states so is just one of the many sharing such sentiment.

Thanks for ignoring pretty much all my points and instead pointing to "one African-American caller"... well played.

r3volution
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
things have been progressively getting better over the last 30yrs even though the media , govt. and Obama keep trying to derail it .

AuH20
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
This insider is being proved prophetic:

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/powder-keg-rap-song-charges-white-man-with-murder-strap-on-your-aks-lets-start-a-riot_03292012

Insider: Yes. It’s in place and underway – being developed. Further developed. It’s gonna – gonna tie it in with the unions somehow. I don’t know exaclty how – just that’s included in it. It will be an all out campaign on race. The goal is to completely mobilize the Black vote while shaming an even greater number of white voters into not opposing a second Obama term. They are gonna get out the guilt vote man. The guilt vote!

Ulsterman: Obama…Democrats in general, already get the Black vote – most of it.

Insider: They want all of it. Every last one. Then bring in the Hispanic vote, tie them up in this race issue as well. Republicans want to toss you out. Obama wants to bring you in. They hate the color of Obama’s skin just like they hate the color of yours. Hey White America, you aren’t part of that group who hates non-whites are you? If not, you better get out and vote for Barack Obama.

Ulsterman: That sounds overly simplistic and insulting to voters. You really think something like that would actually work?

Insider: Hell yes-yes… it can work. It’s not gonna come so easy as it did in 2008, but that’s why they plan to ramp it up – the race issue.

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
This insider is being proved prophetic

It's not prophetic it's the same bullshit I hear every day. Has Obama's approval rating changed after this?

They want all of it. Every last one. Then bring in the Hispanic vote, tie them up in this race issue as well. Republicans want to toss you out. Obama wants to bring you in. They hate the color of Obama’s skin just like they hate the color of yours. Hey White America, you aren’t part of that group who hates non-whites are you? If not, you better get out and vote for Barack Obama.

So an issue that involves a Hispanic adult shoot a black teenager is going to bring Hispanic voters to Obama?

This is a real simple issue involving a 28 year old hyper vigilant asshole and a racist and corrupt police department. Not everything in life is so complex as you try to make it.

AuH20
03-29-2012, 11:07 PM
It's not prophetic it's the same bullshit I hear every day. Has Obama's approval rating changed after this?

So an issue that involves a Hispanic adult shoot a black teenager is going to bring Hispanic voters to Obama?

This is a real simple issue involving a 28 year old hyper vigilant asshole and a racist and corrupt police department. Not everything in life is so complex as you try to make it.

What is Obama going to run on in the fall? Higher unemployment? An explosion of national debt? Expansion of American military power into Africa? He is politically cornered with nowhere to run to. He has to foment racial tension along with class warfare, when the opportunity presents itself.

White America has been conditioned to cower under their beds, when controversial racial subject matter is brought to the forefront. Secondly, with the economy being in absolute tatters there is an increasing casting of blame from the fringe elements of both sides. All he needs to do is inflame certain segments of the population and he can create a favorable environment of sympathy for his administration.

BlackTerrel
03-29-2012, 11:15 PM
What is Obama going to run on in the fall? Higher unemployment? An explosion of national debt? Expansion of American military power into Africa? He is politically cornered with nowhere to run to. He has to foment racial tension along with class warfare, when the opportunity presents itself.

White America has been conditioned to cower under their beds, when controversial racial subject matter is brought to the forefront. Secondly, with the economy being in absolute tatters there is an increasing casting of blame from the fringe elements of both sides. All he needs to do is inflame certain segments of the population and he can create a favorable environment of sympathy for his administration.

What is he going to run on? You realize that before Trayvon Martin he was leading on every potential GOP nominee according to Ron Paul? I don't see any indication that he should be frightened.

By the way I doubt Trayvon Martin changed anything. People that like Obama still like Obama and people that hate Obama still hate Obama. Nothing changed.

NewRightLibertarian
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
What is he going to run on? You realize that before Trayvon Martin he was leading on every potential GOP nominee according to Ron Paul? I don't see any indication that he should be frightened.

By the way I doubt Trayvon Martin changed anything. People that like Obama still like Obama and people that hate Obama still hate Obama. Nothing changed.

It earns him sympathy points with voters. He speaks nice words about the racial injustice and his base goes 'awww, he really loves us. I'll vote and campaign for him'

That's why they're framing it as 'white on black' crime. They want to sucker the minorities into seeing Obama as their dear leader

otherone
03-30-2012, 05:51 AM
To the OP:
This is a question that can be answered only "anecdotally." It's a perfect example of why things are screwed up in this Country. People choose to get upset about issues that they have no direct knowledge of, and have no power to change if they did....like Gay marriage or abortion. They are JUST conversation. Politics is ONLY effective with local involvement, where one's input actually has value. This why, IMO, directly voting for the POTUS and Senators purposely diffuses the power of the individual.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2012, 12:11 PM
It earns him sympathy points with voters. He speaks nice words about the racial injustice and his base goes 'awww, he really loves us. I'll vote and campaign for him'

None of that has changed because of one event. The people that loved him before still love him now and vice versa.

That's why they're framing it as 'white on black' crime. They want to sucker the minorities into seeing Obama as their dear leader

People originally thought that. Anyone who is actually following the case (and thus likely to be impacted by it) knows by now that Zimmerman is Hispanic. Not that it matters - no one I know has an issue with Hispanics (or whites). People have an issue with one individual who is getting away with murder - George Zimmerman.

NewRightLibertarian
03-31-2012, 12:51 PM
None of that has changed because of one event. The people that loved him before still love him now and vice versa.

He's got to rally his base for election time. Bullshit like this tugs on the heart strings of these guilt-ridden cowards & the people who only support him because he's black that make up his primary support group.

People originally thought that. Anyone who is actually following the case (and thus likely to be impacted by it) knows by now that Zimmerman is Hispanic. Not that it matters - no one I know has an issue with Hispanics (or whites). People have an issue with one individual who is getting away with murder - George Zimmerman.

His skin color is still white, and that's all that matters. We're not dealing with sophisticated people here, we're dealing with people who still support Obama after he broke all of his campaign promises because he recites propaganda to them on TV

BlackTerrel
03-31-2012, 01:06 PM
He's got to rally his base for election time. Bullshit like this tugs on the heart strings of these guilt-ridden cowards & the people who only support him because he's black that make up his primary support group.

Half of Americans support Obama. How many you think only do so because of his skin color? 1%?

His skin color is still white, and that's all that matters. We're not dealing with sophisticated people here, we're dealing with people who still support Obama after he broke all of his campaign promises because he recites propaganda to them on TV

No his skin color is brown and this case has transcended race. 74% of Americans say Zimmerman should be arrested in latest poll. That number would have to include majority of blacks, whites, Asians, and Hispanics. Not to mention at least half of Republicans.

This isn't a partisan thing. This is a justice thing.

specsaregood
03-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Half of Americans support Obama.

Actually, I'd say roughly half of registered, voting americans prefer him to the GOP candidate.

NewRightLibertarian
03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Half of Americans support Obama. How many you think only do so because of his skin color? 1%?

All of his black supporters support him because he is black. How many of them do you think supported Bush for having the exact same policies? Same for his guilty white supporters. There's probably only a small number of brainwashed idiots who think he's actually doing a good job because they've been hoodwinked by propaganda.

No his skin color is brown and this case has transcended race. 74% of Americans say Zimmerman should be arrested in latest poll. That number would have to include majority of blacks, whites, Asians, and Hispanics. Not to mention at least half of Republicans.

This isn't a partisan thing. This is a justice thing.

Nope, this is a partisan thing. This has absolutely nothing to do with justice and it's all about scoring political points and exacerbating racial tensions to intensify support for Obama. Where's the call for justice for all the people being bombed? Where's the call for justice for all the other murders that go on throughout the country? They're non-existent because Obama, his whore media and his racial hustlers aren't pushing those as an issue

enhanced_deficit
03-13-2016, 05:36 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPNneZLlXB6eewLqGOa1k8OVlhk9w1n D5zwQxoccHWyMNY2KugasT5ZDzSeqkJ3mUcHYR6nCXN

'Get 'em out!' Racial tensions explode at Donald Trump's rallies

Washington Post-Mar 11, 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/get-him-out-racial-tensions-explode-at-donald-trumps-rallies/2016/03/11/b9764884-e6ee-11e5-bc08-3e03a5b41910_story.html