PDA

View Full Version : Become a Ron Paul delegate in Wyoming

Badger Paul
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Primary and Delegate Process for Wyoming:

The state will have 14 delegates to the GOP National Convention. (There was a 50% penalty that cut the number of Wyoming delegates in half.) The state Caucus occurs on January 5, 2008. You must be a registered Republican to vote in the Caucus. Wyoming County Conventions take place on January 5, 2008. Wyoming County Caucus takes place on March 8, 2008. The Wyoming GOP’s State Convention takes place on May 24, 2008. Complete details on how to become a delegate are available at http://www.thegreenpapers.com/ P08/WY-R. phtml#0105. The process works through your County GOP, so I suggest you immediately become involved in your county GOP. Ron Paul supporters are at a significant disadvantage in this state because state GOP's by-laws require that, before the County convention votes are taken, each would-be delegate or alternate must inform the convention of which presidential candidate, if any, they would cast their vote for at the National Convention unless released from that pledge by the Presidential candidate. If I were in your position, I would refuse to reveal which candidate I intend to support at the National Convention.

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ====

Aaron
Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
"Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"