PDA

View Full Version : More caucus concern: Romney, Ron Paul ask Jeff. Co. results be thrown out

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 01:12 PM
From the MARCH 17 caucus. Is this a different one? but even if they are thrown out, throwing out all our good ones only leaves Santorum's good ones.

More caucus concern: Romney, Ron Paul ask Jeff. Co. results be thrown out

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/more-caucus-concern-romney-ron-paul-ask-jeff-co-results/article_fefb2104-7834-11e1-b92d-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1qLXJJP27

FSP-Rebel
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
My take on the article was that the entire slate was to be tossed out because of "accidental" credential misplacements by the party henchhmen that also happen to be Santorum folk. Thus, a redo would be in order a la St. Charles. Anywho, it's really telling that the evangelists involved in the Santorum campaign seem to be THE most immoral people taking part in this process.

Liberty Rebellion
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the line in there about it being accidental that they left with the credentials is BS. That was done purposefully and Santorum people showed up with lawn chairs and coolers because they were told to stay all day. There is more to it than that as well; I spoke with one of the main organizers down there this past Saturday at the post-caucus party in STL.

Titus
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Give me a break... I haven't even got through summarizing Maine and there's more crap going on. Please can we stop the "irregular activities".

@ Liberty Rebellion, can you give a link about them showing up with lawn chairs and coolers?

gerryb
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Give me a break... I haven't even got through summarizing Maine and there's more crap going on. Please can we stop the "irregular activities".

@ Liberty Rebellion, can you give a link about them showing up with lawn chairs and coolers?

Get to your conventions in CA and make sure the right people rise to fill the roles of power =)

Canderson
03-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Get to your conventions in CA and make sure the right people rise to fill the roles of power =)

conventions in CA?

Titus
03-27-2012, 01:53 PM

I am flattered but I don't think there are conventions in CA. Rather, the campaigns submit a list of delegates in each district. If the candidate wins the district, those delegates are selected.

gerryb
03-27-2012, 01:56 PM
conventions in CA?

http://cagop.org/inner.asp?z=5856

gerryb
03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
I am flattered but I don't think there are conventions in CA. Rather, the campaigns submit a list of delegates in each district. If the candidate wins the district, those delegates are selected.

The complaint was about "irregular activities" by the GOP, not delegate selection processes. In CA the candidate selects the delegates(apportioned by primary vote), and the convention approves them.

You could go to your conventions, and make the rules for 2016 to be delegate selection via vote at district conventions...

While you were at it, you could make nominations for congress via convention instead of taxpayer funded primary, etc.

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
The complaint was about "irregular activities" by the GOP, not delegate selection processes. In CA the candidate selects the delegates(apportioned by primary vote), and the convention approves them.

Go to your conventions, and make the rules for 2016 to be delegate selection via vote at district conventions...

While your at it, make nominations for congress via convention instead of taxpayer funded primary, etc.

that last is likely to happen in any event because other than in presidential primaries, the state passed a law that the 'top two' will get on the ballot, meaning it would often be two democrats unless the GoP picks by caucus, which they said they would do. I don't know what happened to that, come to think of it.

Canderson
03-27-2012, 02:03 PM
http://cagop.org/inner.asp?z=5856

I looked for it, but couldn't find when and where my convention is

gerryb
03-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I looked for it, but couldn't find when and where my convention is

Section 2.02.02 of the bylaws describes how notice shall be given for your conventions. I just did a quick scan, so other sections of the bylaws probably apply.

The form to become a delegate for participating in the conventions isn't available right now -- I'd inquire to the chairman - but it seems it would normally be found here: http://cagop.org/inner.asp?z=585F